Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

Just now, JSND said:

Obviously Horse Emblem lol

Honestly this one is cleverly designed because unlike Legion you can't deploy Cecilia and get insta win

My Cavalry team is almost complete. I just need to get Reinhardt to 5* because without Dire Thunder he’s horrible... 

My Xander, Camus, Luke units are boss tho 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared Lunatic on 1st try. Used Xander, Anna, Reinhardt, and Olivia.

Cleared Infernal on 2nd try. Used Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Olivia!

Edited by Roflolxp54

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

Obviously Horse Emblem lol

Did Infernal with Horse Emblem, too, only I used Camus/Xander/Olwen (no +Atk Cecilia...yet) and Lissa.  It was a lot easier than Legion's IMO.

Infernal Clear.

Used a Raventome Triangle Adept Sanaki to tank the left side. With swordbreaker Hone Attack Quickened Pulse and Spur Atk she can oneround the red cavalry. My initial plan was to reposition her so she can stand on a defensive tile but even with +Atk nature she was 2 damage of on the red cavalry kill.Screenshot_20170628-091806.thumb.png.41c06b29ec89e0175681759b6a75b6d7.png

Clarisse attacked Hector. The thief and the mage cavalry attacked Sanaki and the mage died to moonbow. 

On my next turn i killed Clarisse and the thief with Sanaki and Nino and bring nino in position to be attacked by the blue mage. The red sword gets killed by Reinhardt on the next playerphase.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Cleared Lunatic on 1st try. Used Xander, Anna, Reinhardt, and Olivia.

Cleared Infernal on 2nd try. Used Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Olivia!

Details! Needs details!

Almost cleared infernal.  Ran out of stamina and too tired to use a potion.  I imagine its possible with my team, though I have CC on Lloyd, but it would probably work with Ryoma or CC Zephiel -

Spring!Camilla tanks Clarisse, kills on second turn.
LLoyd tanks the dagger guy who is moved by the red horse and then wrecks the green horse mage that comes in.
Bride!Cordelia or really any brave/dire user can finish the rest of the map with a dancer.

Should have it completed by tomorrow.  10x easier than Legion.

Basically, my two cents is if you have a red tank CC / mage you should put him in the bottom left to tank the dagger unit while also tanking Clarisse with one of her counters.  Clarisse counter will kill clarisse and your red unit will kill the green horse unit leaving only the annoying blue tome, a dagger, and red.

Edited by Lushen

Cleared Lunatic with Xander, Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia.

boy they sure like balancing counter units with the windsweep/watersweep skills

hector baits blue mage and clarissr on right side while xander tanks the thief despite not being able to counter.

reinhardt cleans up after green mage is dealt with by xander

Edited by mcsilas

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Details! Needs details!

Xander has Bonfire (allows him to OHKO the thief), QR2, and HP +3 seal.

Camus has QR2 and Spur Def 1 seal.

Reinhardt has Luna, Death Blow 2, Atk +1 seal. He's +Atk/-Spd.

Olivia has Wings of Mercy 3 and Fortify Res 1 seal.

I only listed inherited skills that actually had an effect on the battle. Olivia is the only one not at 5*. Aside from the listed inherited skills, everybody is using their default skills (ie. Xander has Spur Def 3) or is running a useless skill (ie. Reinhardt with lol Lancebreaker 3).

Camus tanks Clarisse, Xander camps at his left for the TA green mage cavalier. Camus should live at 1 HP. Abuse Goad Cavalry boosts. Use Reinhardt to finish off weakened enemies with Olivia's Dance support. Xander takes 0 damage from the thief if he camps on the defensive tile which is great for ticking off the timer. Xander also needs to attack the Blarblade mage so that Reinhardt can safely KO him (Reinhardt can't KO the mage from full health and dies in the counter).

Edited by Roflolxp54

19 minutes ago, Refa said:

Did Infernal with Horse Emblem, too, only I used Camus/Xander/Olwen (no +Atk Cecilia...yet) and Lissa.  It was a lot easier than Legion's IMO.

I dont even run a single unit that isnt Neutral nature in my squad lol

Thankfully it will soon change since GHB pull blessed me with -ATK Cain(its still Cain so YUSH!)..... and finally +ATK Cherche!

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

How is Reinhardt useful for this map? I brought him and he doesn't do any damage to any enemy. And that's just on Lunatic.

That Blue Mage and Ninja are really frustrating.

For my case, Reinhardt can be used to finish off weakened enemies (ie. finish off Clarisse after she hurt herself on Camus and the Blarblade mage after Xander cut him).

I used Xander to KO the ninja (OHKO with Bonfire); also the ninja doesn't do any damage to Xander as long as Xander camps on a defense tile.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Beat Infernal. Significantly easier than Legion. My standard team of Ryoma/Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia. This map was basically Reinhardt Emblem for the most part. Ryoma and Nino did some important things though.

Anyway Ryoma dents thief after being buffed to 45 spd to outspeed it, Thief gets repo'd away and green cav tries to attack Ryoma. Get vantaged in the face and dies.

Next turn Reinhardt kills clarisse and gets danced out of the way, Rein repos Olivia out as well. Ryoma moves away from thief range because red horse has spur spd and thus windsweep will work. 

Reinhardt then kills thief, danced, and moves right. Everyone else moves right as well.

Nino and Rein gets panic ployed. That's ok. Nino moves into blarblade's range. Panic goes away. Olivia dances. Boom still works.

Rein then kills red cav. Ryoma swaps with Olivia 1 spot up so she can reach Rein. Rein kills other red dude. Rein mvp.

The key for Rein to be useful is for him to kill shit before they get on defense tiles. Also +atk death blow hone atk (or cav) qp moonbow kills things dead either way.

Edited by Thor Odinson

25 minutes ago, Refa said:

I actually somewhat find this harder since Cecilia didn't hard cheese this the same way it did to Legion

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

I dont even run a single unit that isnt Neutral nature in my squad lol

Thankfully it will soon change since GHB pull blessed me with -ATK Cain(its still Cain so YUSH!)..... and finally +ATK Cherche!

You're going to use a -Attack Cain?  I rolled one early on, and fed him to Hector for Wings of Mercy 3.

Yeah, I was an idiot SHUT UP.

+Attack Cherche is really good, so that's always nice!

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

I actually somewhat find this harder since Cecilia didn't hard cheese this the same way it did to Legion

I don't have a 5* Cecilia. =(  I'm assuming you just used Gronnraven?

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

You're going to use a -Attack Cain?  I rolled one early on, and fed him to Hector for Wings of Mercy 3.

Yeah, I was an idiot SHUT UP.

+Attack Cherche is really good, so that's always nice!

I don't have a 5* Cecilia. =(  I'm assuming you just used Gronnraven?

gotta save him for merging. There haven't been a Brave Sword+ unit that i'm actually interested in, and for Horse Emblem the "best" Brave Sword user are the one that come with it

Cherche is neat because i already have Brave+ fodder for her

looking back my Cecilia is actually 4* Cecilia -hp +res lol

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Anyone have any tips? I've tried at least 7 times on Lunatic and nothing works.

The Windsweep Ninja is the biggest pain, as is the Blue Mage.

Windsweep thief can be oneshotted by Xander if Xander procs Bonfire on him. The same thief does 0 damage on Xander if Xander sits on a defensive tile; chip damage otherwise (my Xander had like 22 HP remaining when the map is finished). For me, the Windsweep thief was the last thing I killed before clearing the map.

Xander can slam 17 damage into the Blarblade+ mage, allowing Reinhardt to safely get the kill with Dire Thunder, Death Blow 2, and I think Hone Atk 3 buff. Xander takes chip damage at most from the reds if he sits on a defensive tile; 0 damage from the Windsweep thief.

My team pretty much camped behind the southern wall and only Xander really advanced to camp on a defensive tile while doing damage on the Blarblade mage (the Blarblade mage destroyed the cracked wall).

Camus doesn't do much after baiting Clarisse aside from maybe giving Goad Cavalry aura boost since he gets left at 1 HP after said encounter with Clarisse.

Reinhardt finishes units off, not necessarily ORKOing people.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Looking back, for this map its really not so much Horse Emblem being broken and more Xander cheeses this map in general. If you manage to kill off Clarise and Blue Mage, Defensive terrain Xander outright took 0 from almost everything and you can abuse the Reposition Horse for some cheese strats. Theres also the obvious Turn 1 Green mage kill on the bottom left

dropped Ursula for Alfonse and its still not that hard

Edited by JSND

Zephiel and Xander killed pretty much everything in Hard and Lunatic. I'm not going to bother with Infernal; the prizes don't interest me and the third Clarisse would be gathering dust in my barrracks. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

0_0 I beat infernal on my first try. I clearly did something right to please Saint Elimine. 

Team
M. Robin: Blarraven+. Swap, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Vantage 3, Spur DEF 3
Sanaki: Cymbeline, Reposition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Swordbreaker 2, Hone ATK 3
Azura: Sapphire Lance+, Sing, New Moon, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Hone SPD 3, 
Nino: Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moon Bow, Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Hone ATK 3

General Strategy
1.) Robin is the star of the show. On all three maps, I used him to bait, Clarisse and the thief. He can't take them out in one hit, but they do very little damage to him.

2.) Make sure Sanaki and Azura move as far left as possible. She's not fast enough to take out the green mage without green tomebreaker. Plus she needs the extra boost she gets from Moonbow. (Maybe not if she's +ATK. Mine is +RES though.) 

3.) After the first round of combat, I move Robin onto the defense tile where he takes out Clarisse. And no one else aside from the blue mage does damage to him. On the infernal map, Nino didn't have enough juice to take out the blue mage in one go, so I had to reposition Azura across the map to get her close enough to sing for Nino. 

4.) Meanwhile, Sanaki can whittle away at the sword cav while Robin takes no damage. On infernal, the extra sword guy was a little annoying. I chipped away at him with Nino and Azura finished him off. 

That's all she wrote. Robin has consistently been the best thing this game has ever given me. XD

That was a lot easier than Legion. So thankful to not have another reinforcements map.

Beat Lunatic in 1 try, but took a few on Infernal to work out what the best team was for it. (trying out Olwen, Hector and having no healer were all failures)

Turned out to be Xander, Camus, Priscilla (vanilla, and could have been any healer) and B Cordelia.

Xander went to the left wall buffed by Camus and tanked the ninja and killed the green mage. Then Clarisse broke the wall and the enemies moved up, so I moved Xander to the 1 tile on the bottom of the map that Clarisse had range on. Priscilla healed Xander to get him back into QR range (QR2) and everyone else stayed in place. Clarisse suicided on Xander who killed her thanks to QR. Next turn swapped places with Xander and Camus. The ninja attacked Camus and the red cav suicided onto him. Next turn Priscilla healed Camus back up and Cordelia killed the ninja, then Camus parked in front of her while Xander and Priscilla waited out of range. The blue mage moved out adjacent to Camus to attack over him at Cordelia failing to kill her, and the sword infantry moved through the mage but wasn't in range of anybody. It was just cleanup on those two by everybody the last turn.

The whole reason I had a healer was mainly the turn where Xander needed to be back up to QR range to kill Clarisse, and B Cordelia was just my pick to make sure I could kill that ninja when he stepped out to attack Camus. Xander and Camus did all the rest of the work.

Edited by Alkaid

Regarding my strategy, apparently positioning my units as such (Healer bait FTW) and breaking the wall causes Clarisse and the thief to move right instead of down, allowing me to easily pick everyone off one by one. AI manipulation at its finest.

Relevant SI used:

Moonbow, Reposition, Spd +3 and HP+3 seal on Camus (Kills red cavalry, blue mage and thief)

Hone Atk 3 on Ninian (She doesn't need to fight at all)

Hone Speed on Priscilla (Doesn't fight, only there to buff Celica's speed and keep her Ragnarok boost)

Spd +3 (very important for doubling Clarisse), Draconic aura and Quickened pulse seal on Celica (Kills Green mage cav, Sword fighter and Clarisse, all 3 get ORKOed)

Edited by Korath88