Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

Got my Clarisses.  Did Hard and Lunatic on the first try.  Infernal took 2 tries, but I found this one a lot easier than Legion.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Got my Clarisses.  Did Hard and Lunatic on the first try.  Infernal took 2 tries, but I found this one a lot easier than Legion.

This one, like Navarre, had a big 

MALE ROBIN

stamp on it 

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

MALE ROBIN

stamp on it 

Horse Emblem conquers all.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

MALE ROBIN

stamp on it 

I mean this one and the last one is stampededd with

CECILIA IS HERE AND NOW

Navvare would too if theres no forest tile lol since high attack and raven is fair and bakabced

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Horse Emblem conquers all.

Horse emblem is almost a cheat code in this game.

Can't beat (event)?

HORSE EMBLEM

Id dare say that Horse emblem can serve as a Ragnarok substitute!

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

I mean this one and the last one is stampededd with

CECILIA IS HERE AND NOW

Navvare would too if theres no forest tile lol since high attack and raven is fair and bakabced

Anything on a horse is good XD

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Horse emblem is almost a cheat code in this game.

Can't beat (event)?

HORSE EMBLEM

Id dare say that Horse emblem can serve as a Ragnarok substitute!

Anything on a horse is good XD

You don't even need Horse Emblem to make Cecilia good in this shit lol

4* Cecilia with proper set can ORKO Clarisse and took literally zero from Blue Magi. Figure out a way to handle the Green mage and Alfonse can carry this map

Edited by JSND

26 minutes ago, JSND said:

You don't even need Horse Emblem to make Cecilia good in this shit lol

Oh yeah, I know that. I'm just saying that horses as a whole are just too OP

Well to use anyway heh

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Mad_Scientist, you are officially awesome! I followed your strategy and it worked impeccably. Heartfelt thanks!

You're welcome! Also a big thanks to Roflolxp54, as I think I've been underestimating Reinhardt and wouldn't have necessary thought to use him without that team suggestion. (I've been using a Blarblade+ inherited Ursula as my horse mage)

1 hour ago, JSND said:

4* Cecilia with proper set can ORKO Clarisse and took literally zero from Blue Magi. Figure out a way to handle the Green mage and Alfonse can carry this map

Not even that. A +Atk Cecilia or a neutral Cecilia with Atk +3 can finish off Clarisse with some chip damage, no SI or horse buffs needed.

Honestly, Infernal would have been much more difficult if the Thief and Blue Mage didn't have Sweep skills. They keep glassy units from getting KO'd so long as they didn't die to the initial hit and you have a healer. Quick Riposte Xander had a field day chipping things on Enemy Phase which made dealing with the rest of the units as they came down much easier.

Infernal GHB was much easier this time around.

Team + Relevant Stuff

- Raigh (Fury 3, Rally Atk, Hone Spd 3);

- Fae+2 [+Atk/-HP] (Lightning Breath+, Iceberg, Fury 3, Renewal 3, +1 Atk Seal)

- Azura (Sapphire Lance+, Fury 3, Wings 3, Fortify Res 3)

- Eldigan (Mystletainn, Fury 3, Drag back, Ignis, Quickened Pulse)

Strategy:

~Turn 1: Break the wall and have Azura bait out and ORKO the Red Cav while having everyone else out of range. During enemy phase, all other units move towards the broken wall with Clarisse at the front on the fort tile.

~Turn 2: Eldigan hits Clarisse and pulls her away from the fort tile.  She gets finished off by Fae and Raigh. Azura then dances Fae, who moves onto the fort tile and attacks the Green mage cav.  The fort tile and Azura's Fort Res boosts Fae's Def and Res to 37/49. During enemy phase, Fae chips the Thief, and finished off the Green Cav with Iceberg.  Watersweep prevented counterattacking the blue mage.

Spoiler

59546b7f850a0_2017-06-2820_25_58.png.fbb7fa7560edf7de59b504cbb3c4c638.png

~Other turns: Fae retreated back.  The next objective was to separate the sword fighter and blue mage.  Once this occured, Fae defeats the blue mage.

~The thief was finished off by Eldigan and Raigh throws a wolfhead at the sword fighter. Next, Wings Azura flies in and dances Eldigan (the damage he took was from Fury and Savage blows) who proceeds to kill the sword user with an Ignis boosted strike.

When I first heard Clarisse's voice I knew she reminded me of someone else. She shares the same English VA as her and both characters have the same personality. It's none other than the famous tsundere herself, Taiga Aisaka from Toradora.

I wonder if Clarisse is one of Taiga's ancestors. 

Edited by Smog

5 minutes ago, Smog said:

When I first heard Clarisse's voice I knew she reminded me of someone else. She shares the same English VA as her and both characters have the same personality. It's none other than the famous tsundere herself, Taiga Aisaka from Toradora.

I wonder if Clarisse is one of Taiga's ancestors. 

None of that matters if the Japanese voice actor isn't Kugimiya Rie, which it isn't.

Incredibly easier than Legion, however my impatience and lack of calculations cost me 1 stamina potion (instead of waiting for 20 minutes for that 4 stamina) and one *3 Lon Qu for a wasted Vantage and 200 SP that went on Nino.

Xander/Nino/Olivia/Wrys.

Xander really does cheese the map. Destroy the wall with Wrys, Xander runs up and slaps the Cav, position Nino and Oliva correctly and Xander proceeds to tank everything and OHKO the Green Mage Cav with Vantage and end the turn with 1HP as well as Proc'ing Glowing Ember (I put QP on him so it's basically Bonfire) on Clarisse.

Wrys heals Xander, Nino uses the Hone Attack buff from Olivia which is just enough to finish off Clarisse, Olivia dances Nino and she pulls back Wrys from certain death.

Xander tanks another round but doesn't have to deal with the blue mage because Olivia's on the right side and has Ruby Sword so AI is gunning for her instead. Xander finishes the Sword cav and Nino is danced to 2HKO the blue made. I position Wrys because the Ninja has the sweep skill and has to 2HKO to finish Wrys, also taking him off the defensive tile which we need.

Final turn Xander slaps the Ninja and Nino is danced to finish him off.

Actually took 2 full stamina bars (no potions) and a little bit more because I was playing around with teams but it was pretty simple, just needed the proper composition. Oddly enough it was much easier than Legion but used almost the same resources and about the same amount of stamina. Far, FAR less stressful though because no reinforcements and the TT's weren't going and making me feel like I'm dying by spending stamina on anything else.

tl;dr: Xander cheeses the map, Nino being Nino, Dancer are hax, healers are underrated, impatience buys you a wasted Stamina potion when you were trying to build up for the next TT. (Only 6 now...) and do the math before you waste skill fodder and SP.

I think I want to *5 Camus now. This Distant Counter nonsense is too delicious. If I don't have to *5 a unit for the TT, I'll have real trouble deciding between *5 Camus or Camilla for Brave Axe+ Cherche.

Edited by Zeo

Cleared on second account wih Xander, Camus, Olivia and Nino

Camus's Goad Cavalry was integral in making sure Xander defeated the green cavalier mage straight away. 

I messed up the first time because I rushed it with Clarrise being the only one left on a fort tile. I miscalculated and used Xander to kill but because of fort tile she was left with 1 HP. Should have danced Nino to finish off instead.

If anyone wants a video I could try and record and recreate this since I found a way to record things now. I feel accomplished not using Reinhardt for this actually haha

Took me a few tries, but finally got Infernal with the following.

Hector, Hinoka, Ryoma, Linde

Im not very good so I felt it was challenging enough to make me think. :)

For anyone interested, I managed to beat Infernal Clarisse using:

Ike/Nino/Eirika/Ninian

Here is the video from my channel. Would appreciate any and all feedback!

So while I'm still licking my wounds from yet another unsuccessful set of attempts, I figure I might as well ask for tips here. Here are the units I've been using. All units are 5* unless noted otherwise. I'm only trying Lunatic btw.

Horse Emblem

• 4* Cecilia (+Atk/-Hp) -inherited Draw Back, Draconic Aura, T-Adept 2, Ward Cavalry. 600 SP remaining. (Takes 8x2 damage from Clarisse, more with Glimmer activation.)
  • Camus - inherited Moonbow. 127 SP remaining.
  • Reinhardt (+HP/-Spd) - inherited Draw Back, Death Blow 2, Moonbow. 1485 SP remaining.
  • 4* Stahl (+Def/-HP) - Inherited Hone Cavalry, Bonfire. 50 SP remaining. (Hone Cavalry is basically all he's good for, though he might be able to take out the green cav?)
  • 4* Ursula - inherited Blarblade. 1030 SP. (Haven't used her, but she's there in case she might be useful.)

Others

• Ryoma (+Res/-HP) - inherited Vantage 3. 104 SP remaining.
  • Hector (+Res/-Spd) - inherited Vantage 3, Swap. 157 SP remaining.
  • Azura (+HP/-Res) - inherited Hone Atk 2. 269 SP remaining.
  • 4* Serra (+Atk/-Res) - no current inheritance. 1316 SP remaining. (Can inherit rehabilitate if necessary.)
  • Tharja (+Atk/-Res) - inherited Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice. 304 SP remaining.
  • 4* Robin (+Res/-Atk) - inherited T-Adept 2, QR 1. 437 SP remaining. 
  • 4* Nino (+Res/-Def) - inherited Desperation 2, Ardent Sacrifice. 515 SP. 
  • 3* Olivia - no inheritance. 167 SP.

Any advice? Really idk what to do at this point. The green cav always ends up wrecking me, and if I send in a good red unit to beat him then the blarblade mage gets me instead.

48 minutes ago, Orange Juice said:

So while I'm still licking my wounds from yet another unsuccessful set of attempts, I figure I might as well ask for tips here. Here are the units I've been using. All units are 5* unless noted otherwise. I'm only trying Lunatic btw.

-snip units-

Any advice? Really idk what to do at this point. The green cav always ends up wrecking me, and if I send in a good red unit to beat him then the blarblade mage gets me instead.

I don't have Hector. How bad would he be against Clarisse and the Blue Tome Mage? Cecilia could be a decent one.

Reinhardt should be solid enough for the Swords. He may want the Atk +1 seal just in case.

What I did was (and this was even for Infernal): send Ryoma (we have the same nature) in range of Thief/Green Tome Cavalier and M!Robin (in your case, either of Hector or Cecilia) in range of Thief/Clarisse. Thief goes for Ryoma, which means Ryoma's Vantage 3 is live and will kill the Green Tome Cavalier on retaliation. M!Robin will severely weaken Clarisse. Ridding yourself the Green Tome Cavalier will relieve you of some pressure. In my runs, he was the one to break the wall. Without him, the enemies won't start pouring in for another turn or two.

I used ItchyBackside's video, starring a 2* Wrys. 

I was a bit too lazy to unequip the specials to make it exactly like the vid, but it only mattered right at the end, and I was able to salvage it :)

5* Camus, 5* Xander, 4* Olivia, all level 40, and a 2* Wrys at level 13, who ended up playing more of a role than I would've thought lol 

4 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

I don't have Hector. How bad would he be against Clarisse and the Blue Tome Mage? Cecilia could be a decent one.

Reinhardt should be solid enough for the Swords. He may want the Atk +1 seal just in case.

What I did was (and this was even for Infernal): send Ryoma (we have the same nature) in range of Thief/Green Tome Cavalier and M!Robin (in your case, either of Hector or Cecilia) in range of Thief/Clarisse. Thief goes for Ryoma, which means Ryoma's Vantage 3 is live and will kill the Green Tome Cavalier on retaliation. M!Robin will severely weaken Clarisse. Ridding yourself the Green Tome Cavalier will relieve you of some pressure. In my runs, he was the one to break the wall. Without him, the enemies won't start pouring in for another turn or two.

That actually worked really well! Reinhardt ended up having to tank the blarblade mage with exactly one HP remaining. It looks like this strat will need some refinement on my end before I go to Infernal (if ever), but thank you for helping me out.

Completed infernal with my default team of adult tiki, nowi, nino, and ninian. Key skill inheritance was adult tiki had triangle adept and green tome breaker. Not sure how important the rest of the skill inheritance was. Fury for nowi and nino may be needed, but I'd have to check if the stat differences affected any kills. Strategy was destroy block with nino, move tiki, dance for tiki, move tiki to defense square. Tiki kills green cavalry, and weakens red horse, bow, dagger while taking little damage. Move tiki back to avoid blue mage. Move nowi closer to defense square, dance for nowi, move nowi to defense square and attack red horse. Everything dies except blue mage and red sword. Attack red sword with nino, kill with nowi, dance for nino, and then use nino to kill the blue mage. Short three turn finish. Ninian's purpose in all this was only fortify dragons + dancing.