Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

Well I feel... stupid now.

Turns out the way to beat this GHB is to stack as many blues as possible, because that's how GHBs work.

Somehow, a team of Cordelia (regular), Azura, Reinhardt, and Hector cleared Inferno in one try after everything else I tried exploded in my face.

-_-

(It's not really a strategy that's 'shareable,' though, since Reinhardt has fort def 2, Hector has Vantage Bonfire, Cordelia has L&D 5 and a merge, etc. Too much investment to be copied for just 1 GHB.)

Edit: I just realized my team has 4 different unit types on it, Cordelia is flying, Azura is infantry, Reinhardt is cavalry, and Hector is armored.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, Infernal was pretty tough. Eventually completed it with Camus, Xander, Reinhardt and Olivia. Olivia was pretty key. I messed up the first attempt from not paying attention to the red sword's panic ploy.

My Infernal strat:

Celica 5* +2 +Atk/-HP: Reposition / Draconic Aura / Distant Def 3 / Renewal 3 / Hone Atk 3 / Quickened Pulse Seal

None of her skills really matter here, nor does the Seal matter.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170628-155210_zpsyind2p5j.p

Kagerou 5* +1 +Spd/-Def: Rally Atk / Moonbow / Life and Death 3 / Vantage 3 / Hone Spd 3 / Atk +1 Seal

Even with +Spd and L&D3, she gets Windswept because of the Sword Cav's Spur Spd, which is kinda RIP. Still, L&D3 is necessary. Rally Atk probably doesn't matter, but I can't remember if Hone Spd does. The Seal doesn't need to be there unless Hector doesn't have Bonfire, I think, but I don't have enemy stats on me. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170628-155215_zpsosdswnhg.p

Hector 5* +Atk/-HP: Pivot / Bonfire / Distant Counter / Wings of Mercy 3 / Goad Armor

Can get away with no Bonfire if your Kagerou has L&D3, but Wings of Mercy is important.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170628-155225_zpsjbz11srj.p

Effie 5* +Atk/-Spd: Brave Lance+ / Swap / Bonfire / Death Blow 3 / Wary Fighter 3 / Fortify Armor

Maybe Fortify Armor is a bit overkill? But I think it makes this whole thing safer. Swap and Wary Fighter are must haves. If you only have Silver Lance+, make sure you have Bonfire to be safe.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170628-155220_zps44zvgihi.p

Turn 1:

Spoiler

Have Celica, after receiving Kagerou's Hone Spd and Rally Atk (hue @Vaximillian) move to the leftmost tile to bait the Thief and Gronnraven Cav. Hector, after receiving Fortify Armor, Pivots forward to bait Clarisse. Don't stand on the tile under the Sword Cav, as he has Panic Ploy.

Screenshot_20170628-155245_zpsmrlgcaap.p

On Enemy Phase, Clarisse attacks Hector. Even with +Atk and Bonfire, Clarisse stays alive at 1 HP. I'm okay with it, since sometimes killing things too fast is bad in these GHBs.

Screenshot_20170628-155342_zps63vacjff.p

The Thief hits Celica, and she hits back since Hone Spd + Ragnarok puts her at 43 Spd to not get Windswept, though you don't really have to. The Thief gets Repositioned away by the Sword Cav, allowing the Gronnraven Mage to attack Celica. He's going to do nothing, and Celica dunks him.

Screenshot_20170628-155406_zpsihbn97e3.p

Turn 2:

Spoiler

Kagerou can just finish off Clarisse ez.

Screenshot_20170628-155951_zpsizpcmzx2.p

Then, move Celica to the side, and have Hector Wings of Mercy over to the tile that the Thief can reach. It seems meaningless because Windsweep doesn't allow Hector to counter kill, but it's actually important, as it keeps the Thief and Sword Cav occupied so they won't break the wall and advance. End turn.

Screenshot_20170628-155444_zpskgopketo.p

Blarblade Mage attacks Kagerou, but can't kill because lol no buffs (there aren't even any buffers on the map). Kagerou ends him.

Screenshot_20170628-155516_zpsgq27gnmi.p

The Thief will attack Hector with Moonbow and it hurts, but we're okay. The Sword Cav Repositions the Thief away again, and the Sword Infantry advances.

Turn 3:

Spoiler

Kagerou and Celica's combined efforts will quickly kill the Sword Infantry (HUE @Vaximillian).

Screenshot_20170628-160023_zpsj0maveo9.pScreenshot_20170628-160031_zpsk8phoccr.p

Hector can Wings of Mercy to safety, while Effie swaps with Celica to prepare for the incoming rush.

Screenshot_20170628-155558_zps6zxcshiu.p

The Thief will break the wall, allowing the Sword Cav to reach Effie. Despite his Armorslayer, he doesn't do enough damage to crack Wary Fighter, so we're okay. He doesn't die on the counterattack, however (I should really buy the Silver Lance+ for the fights that don't need the Brave Lance).

Turn 4:

Spoiler

Either Celica or Effie can finish off the Sword Cav, though since he has Aegis it might not work unless Celica has her Special up, depending on your merges and Bane/Boon.

Screenshot_20170628-155706_zpshuhfcq5t.p

Have Effie move one tile forward to block the Thief's path, if you decided to have Celica take the kill, so he can't reach her. If Effie took the kill, just have everyone evacuate. End turn.

The Thief will attack Effie, but since Wary Fighter is still active she'll be alive. All that Savage Blow chip has been adding up.

Turn 5:

Spoiler

Kill him.

Screenshot_20170628-160111_zpsgvcturbc.p

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Thief hits Celica, and she hits back since Hone Spd + Ragnarok puts her at 43 Spd to not get Windswept. If your Celica isn't +Spd or +2 like mine, no Hone Spd leads to her getting doubled by this Thief, which hurts like hell and kills -HP and -Def variants even through Distant Def. The Thief gets Repositioned away by the Sword Cav, allowing the Gronnraven Mage to attack Celica. He's going to do nothing, and Celica dunks him.

The thief doubles exactly jack shit, sweep skills prevent followups no matter who you're hitting, and all mages can counter-attack fine---windsweep is the physical variant, it's the blue mage's water sweep that prevents magical counters. Even if you have 1 spd, you'd still double back without being doubled so long as you run QR.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

The thief doubles exactly jack shit, sweep skills prevent followups no matter who you're hitting, and all mages can counter-attack fine---windsweep is the physical variant, it's the blue mage's water sweep that prevents magical counters. Even if you have 1 spd, you'd still double back without being doubled so long as you run QR.

screw the rules

I'll go edit that lmao. Brain fart of the month.

My initial thoughts, after trying and failing on my own quite a few times on Infernal, are that I need to either:

1) Have a red mage to take out the Gronnraven/TA mage - except I don't have any red mages other than an untrained Sophia

2) Horse emblem - but I haven't trained up Reinhardt and 5* Xander yet...

Turns out I was right, looking at this thread.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Cleared Lunatic with Xander, Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Cleared Lunatic on 1st try. Used Xander, Anna, Reinhardt, and Olivia.

Cleared Infernal on 2nd try. Used Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Olivia!

Sounds like I could try something like this since I recently summoned Reinhardt. Still need to train him and Xander to level 40 though, which will take a few days worth of stamina.

What skills do you guys have?

Managed to beat Infernal on my second try on my main account. All it took was changing Olivia for a healer, which was my Sakura. Good thing there's no reinforcements or Tempest Trials to fog my brain!

All 5 star team is:

-Xander with Bonfire, Quick Riposte 2, Fury 2 and Hone Cavalry and HP+3

-Reinhardt with Luna, Goad Cavalry, Death Blow 2 and Quickened Pulse (B slot can be any)

-Hector with Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, and Vantage (important) and Attack +1

-Sakura with Fortify Def, Live to Serve 2, Heavenly Light and Rehabilitate (important)

I placed Hector to top right to bait Clarisse and the thiefs while Xander goes left to bait the Windsweep Thief on the left. Reinhardt sits 2 spaces away for Goad Cavalry buffs.

If the positioning is right, the green cav will go down south and stupidly attack Xander, being defeated thanks to Siegfried.

Sakura's Rehabilitate is key to keeping Hector back to Quick Riposte threshold, since Clarisse's Poison Strike will add up (and she gets left with 3 HP). Hector deals with the blue mage (can't quit ORKO in Infernal) but thanks to Vantage, will attack first before the blue mage hits him. Especially important later when the thief's attack leaves him in low HP and the blue mage was about to attack.

The key is to force the enemies in the breakable wall choke point- which sounds bad because of the defense tiles but it helps control the enemy placement thanks to the walls. At this point, Reinhardt could one of the swordies. Then I'd break the wall and leave Xander on fort tile, advancing slowly to defeat the last thief left. 

Couldn't do it without Sakura's Rehabilitate. Heavenly Light also activated once but I'm not sure how needed that was, although it definitely helps when Xander was advancing towards the last thief who would deal 7 damage if Xander is not on a fort tile while Xander can't counter attack.

Edited by mcsilas

Holy shit. M!Robin with Swordbreaker 3 and Triangle Adept 2 saves me in Infernal.

Team: (all Level 40 and 5*) +Res/-HP Ryoma, +Atk/-Spd M!Robin, +Atk/-Spd Ninian, +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt
Skills:

• Ryoma - Raijinto, Swap, Moonbow, Speed +3 (exclusively SI'ed for this... proceed to forget Windsweep prevents follow-ups for the Thief, oops), Vantage 3, Hone Speed 3, Speed +1 (seal)
  • Ninian - Light Breath+, Dance, Wings of Mercy 2 (not used), Hone Attack 3, Spur Defense 1 (seal; originally had Speed +1 seal)
  • M!Robin - Blarraven+, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 2, Swordbreaker 3, Spur Defense 3
  • Reinhardt - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Attack +3, Wings of Mercy 3 (not used), Spur Attack 2, Attack +1 (seal)

General Strategy:

Positions: Ryoma southwest, Ninian south, M!Robin north, Reinhardt northeast

1) Buff Ryoma and M!Robin with Hone Attack 3
2) Ryoma punches west. M!Robin moves one space west, out of range of Infantry Sword with Panic Ploy.
3) Ryoma kills the Green Tome Cavalier via Vantage 3 after the encounter with Thief
4) M!Robin moves to Ninian's west. Have Reinhardt kill Clarisse. Ninian dances Reinhardt out of Blue Mage's range. Ryoma moves south one.
5) M!Robin moves south one. Reinhardt and Ninian placed out of range, but Ninian must be placed next to M!Robin.
6) M!Robin kills the weakened Thief. Ninian dances M!Robin. M!Robin kills Sword Cavalier thanks to Swordbreaker 3.
7) Laugh as since a majority of my team is +Atk, Ninian and Reinhardt with Moonbow proc has enough to kill the Blue Mage.
8) M!Robin kills the Infantry Sword with Swordbreaker 3 and a Bonfire.
9) Done!

Basically, if I had reread Windsweep, I could have done this without skills exclusively SI'ed for Infernal. Oh well. Guess I needed to make room in my roster anyways!

Edit: As for Lunatic, it was Camilla instead of Reinhardt. Completely horseless, oh yeah~

Edited by Dual Dragons

I had some time to tinker around with things, so I ended up doing a low-inheritance Infernal run with Xander, Cecilia, Priscilla, and Eliwood. Sets are:

• Xander [Neutral...duh] 5* +0: Siegfried, Quick Riposte 1, and Bonfire (No other skills)
  • Cecilia [+Atk, -Def] 5* +0: Default kit (Gronnraven+, Atk +3, Escape Route 3, Rally Resistance)
  • Priscilla [I...don't know off the top of my head =P] 4* +0: Default kit (Panic, Spur Def 2, Rehabilitate, Imbue)
  • Eliwood [+Spd, -HP] 4* +0: Default kit (Silver Sword, Axebreaker 2, Ward Cavalry, Sacred Cowl)

Rough outline of the battle:

Spoiler
  1. Cecilia breaks the wall below the sword cav. Xander attacks him. Eliwood moves to the space two tiles below Xander, and Priscilla moves in to the right of Cecilia (image 1 in the album in the spoiler below).
  2. On the EP, Clarisse attacks and takes heavy Bonfire chip back from Xander, the thief, sword cav, and green tome cav all attack Xander, with the green tone cav dying to the counterattack.
  3. Cecilia finishes off Clarisse, and Xander backs off to avoid being hit by the blue mage. Priscilla heals Xander, and Eliwood moves to a spot where Ward Cavalry will affect Cecilia (image 2).
  4. On the EP, The sword cav dies to Bonfire, the thief and blue mage chip Cecilia, and the sword fighter moves in closer.
  5. Cecilia uses Escape Route to warp next to Xander, and Priscilla heals her. Xander moves off toward the right side to convince the blue mage to come down the right hall instead of sticking with the sword fighter (image 3).
  6. On the EP, the Thief attacks Cecilia and takes return fire; the sword fighter follows him, and the blue mage goes down the right hall, as desired.
  7. Xander finishes off the thief, blocking the path of the sword fighter in the process. Cecilia blocks the mage's path down the right hall. Eliwood sits around, twiddling his thumbs and wishing he had Durandal (image 4).
  8. On the EP, Xander and Cecilia take chip from the sword fighter and blue mage, respectively.
  9. Priscilla heals Xander, and Cecilia finishes off the blue mage (image 5). The latter can only happen with +Atk, but I believe the run is still possible without it...just have Cecilia do nothing instead of attack.
  10. On the EP, Xander takes heavy damage from the sword fighter's Bonfire, but survives 'cause Def-stack. He deals heavy damage with a Bonfire of his own.
  11. Priscilla finishes the sword fighter because she can (image 6). At this point, with a not +Atk Cecilia, I thiiink Eliwood, Xander, and Cecilia can all team up to take out the blue mage? I'll look at the numbers later.

Image album of the run (end of each turn):

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

Beat Infernal with a team of Olivia, Priscilla, Hector, and Reinhardt.  Hector did most of the heavy lifting, Reinhardt deleted both of the reds, Olivia danced, and Priscilla kept Hector healed up.  

Took me a few tries, but I did not need to use a stamina potion to beat all 3 maps, so it wasn't too bad for me I guess.  

So this one took me quite a while to do. Struggled quite a bit but I finally managed to beat it with Cecilia, Ike, Julia and Ephraim. Ike was needed to kill the green mage though Ryoma would work for that as well.Cecilia is a raven triangle adept with bow breaker so Clarisse was a non issue on the map. Julia was put on the other side of the map to lure the blue mage, sword users and dagger for one turn. Once she killed the blue mage she would still lure the dagger user giving Ephraim time to kill the two sword users. Then all that was left was the dagger who Cecilia murdered. 

Edited by predator_21476

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He's using two dancers now?

Watching through the video, I think the second Olivia could be replaced for someone who could survive a hit from the blue mage and finish off Clarisse after Donnel hits her. EDIT: Well, unless the reason there are two Olivias in the video is because of hone attack. Then I guess you need someone with hone attack there who also fulfills the above conditions.

Edited by Sunwoo

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Watching through the video, I think the second Olivia could be replaced for someone who could survive a hit from the blue mage and finish off Clarisse after Donnel hits her. EDIT: Well, unless the reason there are two Olivias in the video is because of hone attack. Then I guess you need someone with hone attack there who also fulfills the above conditions.

Ah. Though I continue to wish I had a spare. (After training an Olivia using an Olivia as a Dancer, preferably different ones anyway).

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Cleared Infernal on 2nd try. Used Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Olivia!

So I had just beat lunatic with my current arena team, after a few failed attempts, but hadn't started Inferno yet. Tried it out with this team instead, and beat it on my first try lol.

Everyone is 5 star, except for Olivia, who never is in attack range, so she just needs her +4 Atk booster. Alternately, you could get by with a +3 if you give Camus a +Atk Sacred Seal. All skills are either default or don't matter, with the exception of Bonfire and Hone Cavalry for Xander. I originally cleared with some Sacred Seals equipped, but replayed the map and confirmed they were unneeded. (Except for of course the possible Camus exception noted above.)

My Reinhardt is -Spd, +Res. If your Reinhardt is -Atk my strat won't work unless you give him another attack booster, such as fury, death blow, Atk 3, etc. Alternately, if you DON'T have a -Atk Reinhardt and have some combination of these, you may nod need Xander to have Hone Cavalry.

Strategy details, including screenshots, in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

595383b8616e5_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-00-491.thumb.png.4e26c3e75f344dacc3bf2223be749b00.png

Okay, for starters, position your units like this, being careful to avoid ending up in threat ranges. Have Reinhardt blow up the wall, then Olivia can dance him, and have him move to the far left.

5953842d650c8_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-04-451.thumb.png.9700cab896cae6973fc075a8ca568ed9.png

So things will look like this. End turn. The sword cavalry will attack Camus and get killed in return thanks to Olivia boosting his attack. With the +4 boost he doubles and does 1 hitpoint more damage then needed.

595384d859c45_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-05-211.thumb.png.c94d7b2ade4e1843b7184152f2473edc.png

The above will be the positioning now. Have Camus attack Clarissa. After that, Reinhardt can finish her off.

595384a1eb08d_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-10-191.thumb.png.7ffa9d73fb9ead855eb1a105999a56ed.png

I should note again, this is attack neutral Reinhardt, and he's getting a +6 from Xander's Hone Cavalry, and another +4 from Camus's Goad Cavalry. If you don't have Hone Cavalry on Xander, you'll need another way to boost Reinhardt's attack, as he just barely has enough.

595384afedc20_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-12-111.thumb.png.64182c74642ff7b9ae90f886700581b6.png

After that, move Xander up into Clarissa's empty space and kill the Green Mage horse. Then end turn. The blue mage will attack Xander, but will fail to kill him thanks to the defensive tile. The knife user will go for Camus, but also fail to kill him. The sword user will run off to the side.

Then it's simple. Xander attacks knife user, procs Bonfire, and kills him. Camus attacks blue mage, procs Growing Thunder, and kills him.

In case you're wondering, yes Camus is under the effect of Hone Cavalry at this point, but does enough damage will it won't matter if he has it or not. So again, if you have another way of boosting Reinhardt's attack you don't need Xander to have that.

595384ef78c17_Screenshot_2017-06-28-03-13-221.thumb.png.93d1b6d00c580284e9bba1eda79e27d4.png

You're left with this. With both Olivia and Reinhardt, and nothing left but a single sword user, I trust you to figure out the rest :D

Edited by Mad_Scientist

Managed to clear Infernal without burning a stamina potion, just.

Final team was Young Tiki (Lightning Breath, Fury and Quick Riposte), Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow), Azura and Sakura.

First turn, I broke the wall and threw Tiki onto a defense tile while chipping at the Sword Cavalier. I forgot to use Fortify Def, but she survived the enemy onslaught with 1 HP or something. Only Green Mage is gone.

Next turn I retreat south and cast Rehabilitate to get Tiki back to full health. Thief attacks Tiki, survives and blocks Kleine. Sword Cavalier gets KO'd during the enemy phase.

Turn 3, Bride Cordelia with Hone Attack KOs Blue Mage on defensive tile and weakened Thief. Tiki finishes off Clarrise and Sakura heals her back up. Only Sword Fighter is left and he cannot KO Tiki. Victory!

Okay, finally managed to clear Infernal with a team of Hector, Reinhardt, Elise and Olivia. The strategy basicly came down to:

first turn: Eilse breaks the wall, allowing Rein to kill the sword cav. After that, Rein gets danced out and Hector gets into position. Hector then gets hit by Clarisse and the thief, but he takes it without to much trouble.

second turn: Hector gets healed before he moves in and kills Clarisse. He then gets danced and also hits the green mage. Even after getting healed, he's still in vantage range. In EP Hector vantage kills the green mage and tanks the blue mage and thief (the last one did 0 damage because of defense tiles).

After that, Hector retreated so Rein could safely kill the swordy and get out. After that Hector could just kill the blue mage and slowly kill the thief.

It took me two starmina potions to beat both Lunatic and Infernal though. That green mage with raven+TA and the thief with windsweep were really good at messing up my strategies...

I cannot do Infernal... any tips?

I want to use my flier team because they're typically my strongest units, but Clarisse is too fast to get doubled and she ends up on a defense tile if I break the wall. My Xander didn't seem to do well either D:

Hey, her voice... Isn't that Taiga's, from Toradora ? I love it !

Well, Lunatic clear without real difficulty. M!Robin with QR2, Rally Atk and Hone Atk 1 OHKO Clarisse and the ninja. Then destroy the red cavalier.

Hana taked down the green mage, take one hit from the blue mage (with the fortress case) and take him down next. Quite simple.

I refuse to use Horse Emblem for a Grand Hero Battle. It's uninteresting. So I'm doing it with magic infantry. I ended up not having to give anyone any skills I didn't already have.

Infernal team (starting positions):

+0 Nino [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Hone Dragons, S HP +3)
+1 Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] (Rauðrraven+, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3)
+10 Robin (M) [+Spd, -Res] (Blárraven+, Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Spur Def 3)

I knew my Close Counter Robin would come in use again someday. Robin does need all (or at least most) of the merge levels because he survives with 2 HP remaining.

1. Robin receives Hone Atk from Nino. Sophia moves 2 square left and breaks the wall. Robin moves next to Sophia. Nino moves above Ninian.
    1. Thief attacks Robin. Green knight attacks Sophia. Sword knight kills himself on Robin's Bonfire. Everyone else moves.
  2. Sophia kills green knight from above Robin. Ninian dances Sophia. Nino uses Draw Back on Ninian. Robin moves under Ninian. Sophia kills thief with Dragon Fang from below.
    1. Everyone moves.
  3. Nino attacks blue mage from below. Ninian dances Nino from below. Nino kills blue mage. Robin moves up next to Nino.
    1. Clarisse attacks Robin. Sword fighter attacks Robin and eats a Bonfire.
  4. Clean up the mess. Everyone is capable of one-hit killing anyone who is in range of them.

"So, strategy is Reinhardt, with support from Reinhardt and, of course, Reinhardt. This works well, when you complete the team with Reinhardt" - Every GHB from now on. Oh IS, why did you create this guy...

Personally, I hope my core team of Ryoma, Nowi/Nino and BraveTakumi + Support (mostly Olivia) will always succeed; doing well so far, though I was worried this time, tbh. Luckily the AI is dumb as all hell, but there might be a time, where I have to join the dark side with horsies.... may the day never come.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I cannot do Infernal... any tips?

I want to use my flier team because they're typically my strongest units, but Clarisse is too fast to get doubled and she ends up on a defense tile if I break the wall. My Xander didn't seem to do well either D:

Is your SCamilla Raven?