I would like to say farewell.

Anacybele

So, I've been on this forum for several years, and met lots of cool people. This is one of the best sites I've ever been on, and not just because it's a Fire Emblem one. The people here are generally nice and helpful from what I've learned over my time here. Some even helped me to improve myself.

But in light of some recent events, I would like to leave. I'm sorry, but right now this is how I feel. Apparently, I'm not wanted by multiple people here (see some recent posts in the unpopular FE opinions thread for some examples). I do think some of them blow my actions way out of proportion and twist things I've said, but I won't say I haven't caused trouble at all. I know I have at some points in the past, no matter how hard I tried not to. And there's no excuse for it.

I don't need people anyway. I can't socialize very well, so what's the point? All I do now is just do my best to keep the friends I've already made and not bother to try getting anymore. It's not worth it. I don't need friendship. I'm better off and fine by myself.

But I do appreciate those few friends I managed to get and hang onto, mainly peeps like Dragoncat, Arcanite, Randoman, Cerberus, and more. You guys are awesome and I'm thankful for you.

Shoutouts to people like Shadowofchaos and Cerberus who helped me to better myself.

And for the current PM conversations I have going on, I'll still reply to those, I just won't post on the forum anymore. This also means the After the Shadows RP is canceled, I'm afraid, unless someone else wishes to start it and keep it going. I don't really care.

However, if people don't really want me to leave, speak now. My mind can be changed. I don't REALLY want to leave, I just feel like it might be the best course of action for me and others.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T LEAVE

WHAT ABOUT CYL IKE IN HEROES!??!?!

;-;

Well if you do leave, I'll miss you for sure! But I want you to stay...

I know sometimes people seem to get on your case or whatever but I think if you learn to just leave sme things alone it would be a little more enjoyable for everyone!

Edited by Arcanite

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T LEAVE

WHAT ABOUT CYL IKE IN HEROES!??!?!

;-;

Well if you do leave, I'll miss you for sure! But I want you to stay...

I know sometimes people seem to get on your case or whatever but I think if you learn to just leave sme things alone it would be a little more enjoyable for everyone!

I know, I don't truly want to leave either, Arcanite. :(

Yeah, I want to just leave more things alone. I really should be doing that.

As for CYL Ike, believe me, you'd be the first to know if I pulled him when the time came. :P

The people who don't want you are a vocal minority, who also said some really nasty things. No one has the right to treat you like that, and I'm sure the mods will deal with the problem if you tell them. I have what you do, and it's definitely easy to think about leaving, but lacking a social life is far more harmful than assholes, at least in the long term. I've been here only 2 years, but even I've gotten a new asshole torn a few times. Don't quit your social life, and make sure the right people tell the jerks who are doing it that what they're doing isn't allowed.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

The people who don't want you are a vocal minority, who also said some really nasty things. No one has the right to treat you like that, and I'm sure the mods will deal with the problem if you tell them. I have what you do, and it's definitely easy to think about leaving, but lacking a social life is far more harmful than assholes, at least in the long term. I've been here only 2 years, but even I've gotten a new asshole torn a few times. Don't quit your social life, and make sure the right people tell the jerks who are doing it that what they're doing isn't allowed.

You're right to an extent, but how is simply avoiding socializing in general worse than avoiding people like those who said those nasty things? I would rather just be alone than have that happen again, to me or anyone.

I've wanted to be better about not causing trouble, and I do my best. But it doesn't help when people repeatedly tell me things like "you never learn" or "you haven't changed at all." I do try. I really do. But at this point, I just feel like I'd be happier alone so I don't have to have people tell me those things.

I think that regardless of whether or not you decide to leave*, you should probably really really look into other venues of people who are afflicted with the same issues you are and can give you honest live advice to better yourself. Like continually convince your parents to let you do that regardless of some of the minor issues that crop up.  I personally think that you're not going to get much better as a person by staying here because people will treat you like shit, sometimes warranted and sometimes unwarranted, but I do not think you'll get better on your own either, and there comes a point where you need some sort of friendship and relation to the people around you.

and truth be told, this seems like a thread where you want attention, and the people who honestly want you to leave or are happy about this won't post. There are more people that won't care or are somewhat happy about this than what @Hylian Air Force are implying, and I'm not going to lie that there are people who'd want you to stay because you generally don't learn and want to keep you as a punching bag.

If you feel you want to take a break for a few days, that can sometimes help, but trying to avoid all socialization in total would not be advisable from a medical mental health standpoint.  We're social animals, and even us introverts need someone to talk to from time to time.

If you ever just want to talk to some random person on the internet, I try to check my PMs regularly.  SF strikes a good balance between not being toxic, but also not having mods be so draconian that you can't speak your mind.  If you leave, I'll miss your unique voice, but it's ultimately your decision.

Ultimately the choice is up to you whether or not you want to leave. But as others have said, there are far more people that don't want you to leave and enjoy you being here than those that don't.

i think it might do some good to take a break. I do that occasionally, I become really active for a few weeks and then take a break for a little bit. It's just a good thing to do in general, and I would suggest doing that. But if you want my opinion on leaving, I think leaving only let's the people who don't want you here win. Ignore them, and if they are sending you PMs to leave mute them or report them. 

Edited by Tolvir

I don't want you to leave or feel unwelcome here. I'll admit we don't agree on everything but that doesn't make your opinion invalid. We think differently and that makes us unique. Even last night when we had conflicting views,  you very respectful when expressing your opinion and I admire people who can do that.  I completely understand if you need time away or need to just leave but know you will be missed.  I hope you stay with us!

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I've been on this forum for several years, and met lots of cool people. This is one of the best sites I've ever been on, and not just because it's a Fire Emblem one. The people here are generally nice and helpful from what I've learned over my time here. Some even helped me to improve myself.

But in light of some recent events, I would like to leave. I'm sorry, but right now this is how I feel. Apparently, I'm not wanted by multiple people here (see some recent posts in the unpopular FE opinions thread for some examples). I do think some of them blow my actions way out of proportion and twist things I've said, but I won't say I haven't caused trouble at all. I know I have at some points in the past, no matter how hard I tried not to. And there's no excuse for it.

I don't need people anyway. I can't socialize very well, so what's the point? All I do now is just do my best to keep the friends I've already made and not bother to try getting anymore. It's not worth it. I don't need friendship. I'm better off and fine by myself.

But I do appreciate those few friends I managed to get and hang onto, mainly peeps like Dragoncat, Arcanite, Randoman, Cerberus, and more. You guys are awesome and I'm thankful for you.

Shoutouts to people like Shadowofchaos and Cerberus who helped me to better myself.

And for the current PM conversations I have going on, I'll still reply to those, I just won't post on the forum anymore. This also means the After the Shadows RP is canceled, I'm afraid, unless someone else wishes to start it and keep it going. I don't really care.

However, if people don't really want me to leave, speak now. My mind can be changed. I don't REALLY want to leave, I just feel like it might be the best course of action for me and others.

I may have only joined about a month ago, but I feel like I have found a really great community, and it pains me to see someone leave, even though I haven't really talked to you much at all besides in far from the forest. I won't stop you, but you shall be missed by us.

To be honest Ana, I think you just have a problem to understand what is going on sometimes. (Yes I know you have aspergers but still).

Having strong opinions is honestly not that big of a deal, you could probably work on that if you want. But you really seem to have a hard time to recognize jokes and sarcarm.

I mean... I remember when I made that joke on Rezzy's thread when you want nuts on me until Rezzy and Shadow came and explained everything.

And... I'm sure you could work on that too, if you want of course.

Also, you shouldn't take to heart what ''they'' said about you. People can be sometimes be a little too brave (and most of time, very mean and toxic) behind a computer but suddently once that is away, they are as harmless as a unclawed kitten. Trust me, I played enough online multiplayer video games to know that.

And I don't need to have a decree in medecine like Rezzy to know that shealtering yourself is a bad idea.

It's your decision really. In the end, I'm just a dumb young adult trying to give advice and I can't obviously stop you. But I like you and like a lot of people, I'll miss you too.

I think what you should do is take a break for a week, that means no posting or looking at the site at all and see how you feel then.  I will miss you if you do leave since I am used to seeing you around.   

1 minute ago, Nym said:

To be honest Ana, I think you just have a problem to understand what is going on sometimes. (Yes I know you have aspergers but still).

Having strong opinions is honestly not that big of a deal, you could probably work on that if you want. But you really seem to have a hard time to recognize jokes and sarcarm.

I mean... I remember when I made that joke on Rezzy's thread when you want nuts on me until Rezzy and Shadow came and explained everything.

And... I'm sure you could work on that too, if you want of course.

Also, you shouldn't take to heart what ''they'' said about you. People can be sometimes be a little too brave (and most of time, very mean and toxic) behind a computer but suddently once that is away, they are as harmless as a unclawed kitten. Trust me, I played enough online multiplayer video games to know that.

And I don't need to have a decree in medecine like Rezzy to know that shealtering yourself is a bad idea.

It's your decision really. In the end, I'm just a dumb young adult trying to give advice and I can't obviously stop you. But I like you and like a lot of people, I'll miss you too.

I understand the whole thing with aspergers (I also have it), and it can make it kinda hard to understand what is going on in a conversation or what exactly someone meant, especially online where it's more difficult to detect sarcasm and such.

that being said, I will miss you in the few conversations we had in here if you do decide to leave, but I really hope you don't.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not your biggest fan, however, don't leave because someone or some people said some shitty things about you. Don't give them the pleasure of knowing their words got to you. Who fucking cares what people say, especially on the internet.

If you need to take a break, then go ahead, we all need to detox from the internet sometimes, however, don't leave permanently, because there are people that will miss you, and I know that you will miss this site.

Don't let a few people push you away from a place you very obviously love. Just ignore them.

29 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I think that regardless of whether or not you decide to leave*, you should probably really really look into other venues of people who are afflicted with the same issues you are and can give you honest live advice to better yourself. Like continually convince your parents to let you do that regardless of some of the minor issues that crop up.  I personally think that you're not going to get much better as a person by staying here because people will treat you like shit, sometimes warranted and sometimes unwarranted, but I do not think you'll get better on your own either, and there comes a point where you need some sort of friendship and relation to the people around you.

and truth be told, this seems like a thread where you want attention, and the people who honestly want you to leave or are happy about this won't post. There are more people that won't care or are somewhat happy about this than what @Hylian Air Force are implying, and I'm not going to lie that there are people who'd want you to stay because you generally don't learn and want to keep you as a punching bag.

Isn't some form of attention a reason that all threads are made? And I'm not looking for pity or anything, just...well, the truth, I suppose. Do more people here appreciate me than not, is the question, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

But you really seem to have a hard time to recognize jokes and sarcarm.

I do. You're right. And it's even harder to recognize them over the internet because it's only text there, there's no tone of voice or anything to help. This is one thing I'm honestly not sure how to fix.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

Heh, I see. But I don't mean sheltering myself like Corrin was locked in a fortress all his/her life, I mean just sheltering myself from other people. I'm not staying cooped up in my house all the time. lol

@Glaceon Sage Heh, I forgot to give a shoutout to you too, Glac. You've been the biggest proof that I can get along with someone who disagrees with me (and a lot, I might add), even if we did have a rocky start. But thanks.

To those who suggested a break: I like the idea, but how much would it really help? I've taken breaks from websites and even the internet in general before, and well, you can see how things are now... But whatever the case, I should probably take some time off anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Please don't leave. I would've really liked to get to know you better, and I admire your work, a lot. 

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

Please don't leave. I would've really liked to get to know you better, and I admire your work, a lot. 

Really? Thanks, that means a lot. :)

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't some form of attention a reason that all threads are made? And I'm not looking for pity or anything, just...well, the truth, I suppose. Do more people here appreciate me than not, is the question, I suppose.

the kind of attention one gets from other threads compared to this one are very different types. I'm still going to be completely honest when I say; do you expect people who really really don't like you to post here? Because many people I know who do not like you will see this, laugh, say "see you next week" and not post here. Only people who will say, at worst, "aww you're not THAT bad" and at best "but ana you're great don't be crazy" will be the ones posting here. That's how just about every leaving thread works.

Whether or not you stay, it's whatever because I haven't had much of a mood to post as of late. But I'm going to be honest when I say that you leaving may cause things to run smoother, because then we don't get side tracked by some tangential argument or by your inability to detect a joke or sarcasm and your inability to admit when you're wrong and see beyond your own point of view. Having a very small group of friends will not help you with this at all, and will only serve to make the situation worse, and I don't think leaving SF will help you with that either. Do what's right for you, I don't care that much, but I'm not going to hold back and fool you into thinking that it's a vocal minority that will be excited that you're leaving.

Edited by Lord Raven

Just now, Anacybele said:

Really? Thanks, that means a lot. :)

Yeah. I don't have DA but I just quietly look at your art there like a normal person, and your sprites are really cool looking and actually got me back into spriting, and I'd like to thank you for that

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

the kind of attention one gets from other threads compared to this one are very different types. I'm still going to be completely honest when I say; do you expect people who really really don't like you to post here? Because many people I know who do not like you will see this, laugh, say "see you next week" and not post here. Only people who will say, at worst, "aww you're not THAT bad" and at best "but ana you're great don't be crazy" will be the ones posting here. That's how just about every leaving thread works.

Whether or not you stay, it's whatever because I haven't had much of a mood to post as of late. But I'm going to be honest when I say that you leaving may cause things to run smoother, because then we don't get side tracked by some tangential argument or by your inability to detect a joke or sarcasm and your inability to admit when you're wrong and see beyond your own point of view. Having a very small group of friends will not help you with this at all, and will only serve to make the situation worse, and I don't think leaving SF will help you with that either. Do what's right for you, I don't care that much, but I'm not going to hold back.

No, I don't expect them to post here. What I expected was an answer to that question I just gave you. How many people would really miss me or not want me gone? Is leaving really the best idea? Would I be making more people sad than happy? Etc. I'm thinking of other people here too, not just myself.

I understand your honesty, and your point. I can admit when I'm wrong though, don't know where you got the idea that I can't...?

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, I don't expect them to post here. What I expected was an answer to that question I just gave you. How many people would really miss me or not want me gone? Is leaving really the best idea? Would I be making more people sad than happy? Etc. I'm thinking of other people here too, not just myself.

People won't tell you at all in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do. You're right. And it's even harder to recognize them over the internet because it's only text there, there's no tone of voice or anything to help. This is one thing I'm honestly not sure how to fix.

I think the best way to deal with jokes and sarcasm is to ignore them. Even if something is a joke or if it's not meant to be taken seriously, and it offends you, don't act like it does. I know it's not your intention to get into arguments, but some people will take whatever they can to start one.

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

People won't tell you at all in this thread.

Well no, I won't get an exact answer. But if enough people told me I would be missed and things wouldn't be better off without me, I would have second thoughts about leaving. I'm conflicted. I don't want to be anymore trouble and all, but I don't want to leave my friends or the forum itself since it's a nice place.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I think the best way to deal with jokes and sarcasm is to ignore them. Even if something is a joke or if it's not meant to be taken seriously, and it offends you, don't act like it does. I know it's not your intention to get into arguments, but some people will take whatever they can to start one.

Yeah, I guess...

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I don't truly want to leave either, Arcanite. :(

Please stay! What about your art?

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As for CYL Ike, believe me, you'd be the first to know if I pulled him when the time came. :P

Maybe you should hang around a little longer so you can show off to everyone in the official pull topic ;)