1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Huh, I don't know if we really need another thread for this. The topic has already been covered.

I'm just asking bc I'm writing something and I have like 3 ships and 2 are canon in this game and I normally have a lot of ships by this time. 

Gray x Tobin, obviously.

Alm x Celica is adorable.

Berkut x Rinea, I know, I know, but they're so cute.

Forsyth x Python

Forsyth x Python x Lukas

Clive x Mathilda

Boey x Mae

Abel x Palla

1 minute ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Alright

Hey, is there something wrong with what I ship? Not being rude or anything, just genuinely curious. It's fine if there is.

11 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

Hey, is there something wrong with what I ship? Not being rude or anything, just genuinely curious. It's fine if there is.

No, not at all. It's good to know what people ship, since we all ship different things for different reasons.

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

No, not at all. It's good to know what people ship, since we all ship different things for different reasons.

Ah, phew. I thought something was wrong, it just seemed a bit abrupt, but hey, this is the internet, it's hard to tell.

I agree, I also like hearing what other people ship, and if they ship something I don't like, I'm genuinely curious as to why. Sometimes they convince me to ship it as well, like with Chrom x Maribelle. Gotta go for that magic Lucina.

34 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

Ah, phew. I thought something was wrong, it just seemed a bit abrupt, but hey, this is the internet, it's hard to tell.

I agree, I also like hearing what other people ship, and if they ship something I don't like, I'm genuinely curious as to why. Sometimes they convince me to ship it as well, like with Chrom x Maribelle. Gotta go for that magic Lucina.

Chrom x Maribelle does turn Lucina into the single best pair-up bot in Awakening, i.e. she can get Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+ AND Dual Support+ and it doesn't gimp her stats that hard, I think.

As for ships, I don't really have any remarkable ones besides the canon ones, but here I go anyway:

Alm X Celica (obvs)
Mae X Boey
Boey X Celica (more of a joke thing, but hey!)
Tatiana X Zeke
Alm X Faye (yes, I'm serious. Shoot me, if you like. I'll just resurrect in a thousand years or so (profile pic jokes))
Alm X Clair (I could see it, honestly)
Palla X Saber (I know they don't interact at all, but I think it could work based on their individual personalities)
Kamui X Leon (Is it just me? I know it's just me)

While we are on topic, isn't it strange that every single female - Whitewings and Cipher DLC excluded - gets married off while some males stay single in their respective endings? I don't want to start any debates, I'm just saying.
In one case, the specific female getting married at all doesn't even make a lick of sense to me. I'm sure you can imagine which character I'm talking about (hint: she's in the above list)

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Chrom x Maribelle does turn Lucina into the single best pair-up bot in Awakening, i.e. she can get Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+ AND Dual Support+ and it doesn't gimp her stats that hard, I think.

As for ships, I don't really have any remarkable ones besides the canon ones, but here I go anyway:

Alm X Celica (obvs)
Mae X Boey
Boey X Celica (more of a joke thing, but hey!)
Tatiana X Zeke
Alm X Faye (yes, I'm serious. Shoot me, if you like. I'll just resurrect in a thousand years or so (profile pic jokes))
Alm X Clair (I could see it, honestly)
Palla X Saber (I know they don't interact at all, but I think it could work based on their individual personalities)
Kamui X Leon (Is it just me? I know it's just me)

While we are on topic, isn't it strange that every single female - Whitewings and Cipher DLC excluded - gets married off while some males stay single in their respective endings? I don't want to start any debates, I'm just saying.
In one case, the specific female getting married at all doesn't even make a lick of sense to me. I'm sure you can imagine which character I'm talking about (hint: she's in the above list)

Faye definetely deserved better

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

While we are on topic, isn't it strange that every single female - Whitewings and Cipher DLC excluded - gets married off while some males stay single in their respective endings?

Yes; that frustrated me. Many married down, IMO, too. 

1 hour ago, Res said:

Yes; that frustrated me. Many married down, IMO, too. 

Definitely.
It's especially frustrating that the marriage is pretty much the most important thing that is mentioned in some female characters' endings (Faye's, Mathilda's, Clair's and Genny's are the biggest offenders), while the males get a whole paragraph or two of closure pertaining to what they really did after the war and how their lives actually played out.

I'm really not the biggest feminist, nor would I categorize myself as such, but I think it says a lot that the marriage stuff is the one note they leave these characters off on. There is no mention of Genny's novel she wanted to write, for example. And something about Clair suddenly turning around and marrying Gray - out of what I can only assume was her giving up on shooting him down or some form of pity - doesn't sit right with me, either. Or that Mathilda - despite being WAY stronger than Clive - just up and leaves the military to become a housewife, while her objectively inferior husband - at least battle strength wise - gets to be the hero. My Mary Sue senses are tingling.
This would be my only real gripe with Echoes.

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely.
It's especially frustrating that the marriage is pretty much the most important thing that is mentioned in some female characters' endings (Faye's, Mathilda's, Clair's and Genny's are the biggest offenders), while the males get a whole paragraph or two of closure pertaining to what they really did after the war and how their lives actually played out.

I'm really not the biggest feminist, nor would I categorize myself as such, but I think it says a lot that the marriage stuff is the one note they leave these characters off on. There is no mention of Genny's novel she wanted to write, for example. And something about Clair suddenly turning around and marrying Gray - out of what I can only assume was her giving up on shooting him down or some form of pity - doesn't sit right with me, either. Or that Mathilda - despite being WAY stronger than Clive - just up and leaves the military to become a housewife, while her objectively inferior husband - at least battle strength wise - gets to be the hero. My Mary Sue senses are tingling.

And that's what I like about Lukas, he's just like "no man, I really don't miss my fiancee" and after the war does what he does

13 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

And that's what I like about Lukas, he's just like "no man, I really don't miss my fiancee" and after the war does what he does

Yup, he's a strong independent man that don't need no woman... wait.

All jokes aside, didn't Lukas' fiancé die or make off with his brother or something like that?

20 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely.

Haha, I wrote a very similar rant elsewhere. Poor Mathilda, and Clair!

(Although Silque DOES remain single... but it's not as if she has an exciting life, she basically martyrs herself for others). 

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, he's a strong independent man that don't need no woman... wait.

All jokes aside, didn't Lukas' fiancé die or make off with his brother or something like that?

Nope, and she wasn't his fiancee as I recall. He simply left her then realized he felt nothing for her. 

40 minutes ago, Res said:

Haha, I wrote a very similar rant elsewhere. Poor Mathilda, and Clair!

(Although Silque DOES remain single... but it's not as if she has an exciting life, she basically martyrs herself for others). 

Nope, and she wasn't his fiancee as I recall. He simply left her then realized he felt nothing for her. 

And this is why I headcanon him as Asexual 

2 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

And this is why I headcanon him as Asexual 

Yes, me too. Or aromantic (or both). His epilogue states that he 'never longed for companionship' which is nice and ambiguous; can be interpreted as platonic or sexual companionship, as fans desire!

25 minutes ago, Res said:

Yes, me too. Or aromantic (or both). His epilogue states that he 'never longed for companionship' which is nice and ambiguous; can be interpreted as platonic or sexual companionship, as fans desire!

Actually for me it's both. So he's a win win for everyone!