Do you force yourself to complete every single game you buy?

Fryer

Console games, yes, most times. But by "completing", I mean reaching at least a good ending -- I rarely bother getting platinum, unless it's pathetically easy to do so.

Steam games... are a different issue.

I typically complete all the games I buy. However, if a game has poor designs that make it "6/10" or worse, I may drop it and never touch it again. Usually I'll have games that are the same thing but better.

I try to beat/complete (depending on how much effort/really absurd stuff needs to be put in to completing the game) the games I do own/bought, but I somehow go back to games I've already completed. I don't know how that happens, but I know it's not the game's fault for whatever reason. I know my tastes well enough to never buy a game I will find bad or awful in a way I won't like.

Nope I wish I had that kind of time and if we account for iphone/table game the number of unfinished goes up a ton (I get a lot of itune gift cards ok). If I am not enjoying a game anymore and dread playing it, I stop playing it and move on to something else. But I give all (well at the AAA games at least 60 bucks is alot so ima make sure I hate it before I drop it) the game I buy more then a fair shoot before I drop them.

I try really hard to complete the games that I buy for reasons that have been said through out this thread. Unfortunately If I take too long a break (especially in RPGs) and I have no idea where to go, or if I've done everything that I wanted to do in the game than I'm not too butthurt about not finishing a game.

Only the good ones. I made a mistake this year by buying Lost Planet for 3 bucks and it's a horrible game. Worst 3 bucks I have ever spent. I cant believe this garbage is "very positive" on steam. I dont think I will ever finish it anytime soon.

I'm pretty religious about completing games, even in the case of stuff like MAME or SNK classsics compilation vol 1. 

I'll try to think of notable exceptions.

Rayman 1 (PS1) I beat all the regular levels but didn't bother unlocking candy chateau because of how stupid the chests are. Dark Cloud (PS2) I got to the third  dungeon and then remembered that I basically hated how flat the dungeons were/weapon durability. True Crime:New York City (GCN) the novelty of an open world game on nintendo console wore off within the first hour of playing and I just stuck with real Grand theft auto. Magic Pengel:Quest for Color (PS2) I beat the first tournnament series, but when I realized just how much paper,rock,scissors I had in front of me I turned it off Sword of Vermillion (Genesis) It really shouldn't be included in the same compilation as the Phantasy Star games  

But yeah I'd say I saw through most of the games I've played, even including borderline shovel ware like tom jerry:fists of furry, turnabout, sheep, neopets:darkest fairy, worms:puzzle party, and atrocities like earthworm jim 3D, nightmare of druaga.and mega man legends.

I have a worse track record with getting 100%.but it's still pretty high ratio with both good and bad games. I'm stubborn enough to 100% games like Mario Tennis after all. 

Pretty much if it's a platformer Ill 100% it (unless it's a European-style platformer like Giana Sisters or Turrican). If it's a FPS I'll 100% it. If it's a puzzle game I'll 100%. If it's a multiplayer game  I'll 100%. If it's vehicle action I'll 100%. If it's Tony Hawk I'll 100% with all characters, but won't complete the list of gaps. If the optional content is time trial based, I'll 100%. Beyond these categories I almost never bother to get 100%, especially in RPGs. 

I should, but I don't. That's what Backloggery is for - to see how well I'm keeping track. That said I'm sure I'll never actually beat everything I own. Which is kind of sad but at least I was able to support the game companies in a game I think I'd enjoy? If that makes any sense.

No. A game is only worth the time I enjoy playing it, regardless if I've completed it or if I only played for 5 hours. If it is not fun anymore, or if I want to play something else, then there is no reason for insisting on that game just because I lost money. Time for enjoyment is short, so I try to make it count.

This is the only "rule" I follow: If the money I spent is equivalent to the fun I had (or can still have) with the game, I'm fine with it.

If we are refering to the main story, then almost always yes. I'm intending to get through as much of the Zelda and Pokémon stories as I can. There have been some exceptions, however.

If this means 100% completion, then no. As much as I enjoy Hyrule Warriors, I don't think I will have the time to go through every single DLC... Ditto with the post-game stuff in Pokémon. I also aborted my second run in FE Awakening.

I genearly play untill i get tired of playing. This can be anywhere from after the first dungion (etrian mystery dungion) to a large chunk of the postgame content (etrian odyssey 4), to multiple playthroughs to get more endings (undertale, chrono trigger) I have stoped something like a quarter the games i played right at endgame. THis is because endgame often has a large dificulaty spike that i do NOT want to deal with.

THen there is my steam library, and other games that i keep planning to "get around to".

Actual 100% completion is rare for me. THere is inevitably that last few percent that is either too tedious or too reflex based for my liking. An example is radient historia, where I have completed the entire game, and gotten the true ending, but have not betten the bonus boss.

Then there are games like FF9, where the developers included something with an absolutely insane condition to get it. You can only get the excalaber 2 by reaching the final dungeon in under 12 hours of play time. This is in a game with an 8:49.35 world record speedrun. Keep in mind that 100% includes both that and perfect "treasure hunter rank", which is hard to get even in a normal, untimed, run due to the sheer amount of missable content and hidden items. Miss a potion hidden behind scenery in a one time dungeon, and you are SOL. Don't get me wrong, i really like FF9. I would just never attempt to 100% it.

I generally take my time with games. If I have to put the game down for a while, it's usually due to problems that are completely unrelated to the game.