I wish we'd get something like Mystery of the Emblem, but for FE6-7.

So I was thinking just how interesting it'd be to get a game similar to Mystery of the Emblem, but have the remake follow Blazing Sword and Binding Blade.

Basically, the game itself might have a book 1, which follows the events of FE7 and a book 2 which goes with the events of FE6. But it could have a Heroes of Light and Shadow mix with it, which means you could expect to see characters who appeared in FE7 but did not appear in the original FE6.

My first Fire Emblem game was Blazing sword, and I do have rather fond memories of such a game, but given I played Super Smash Bros. and discovered who this Roy person was, I never really got too excited with it due to not really seeing Roy all that much. I played FE6, but I do wish we could see a remake of both games...

Considering some FE1 maps and characters were cut from FE3 Book 1, I honestly wouldn't want that assuming that happens again.

There's also how big of a workload it is.  FE6/7 are full games on their own and would take some time to rework, doing both at once sounds like a nightmare.  

And IS gets less $$$$$$$$$$$ from doing this than selling two games separately.  And we all know how much IS loves $$$$$$$$$.

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Considering some FE1 maps and characters were cut from FE3 Book 1, I honestly wouldn't want that assuming that happens again.

There's also how big of a workload it is.  FE6/7 are full games on their own and would take some time to rework, doing both at once sounds like a nightmare.

And there's also the fact that FE7 is pretty long (a whole 30 something chapters, and three modes with a different lord).

I would prefer separate remakes, although some characters (like Lyn) should appear or at least be mentioned in a remake of FE6. In fact, FE7 could be remade first, just so people could be familiar with any character from it that would appear in FE6.

Personally, I don't like this idea - it sounds a lot like overreaching. The workload issues alone are enough for me to say no.

Since FE1 had very little plot, they could afford to ignore some maps and characters to fit both campaigns into one game. FE7 had much more plot, so skipping maps is much less feasible, therefore it isn't likely to happen.

That said, I wouldn't want two remakes at once. It would be better to have one at a time, so the developers can put more effort into each. Especially since 6 had much more rough edges that need to be smoothed than 7.

4 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Since FE1 had very little plot, they could afford to ignore some maps and characters to fit both campaigns into one game.

iirc the cutting of some chapters of Book1 in FE3, along with ignoring some characters, was actually disliked. So yeah, I don't think IS would do it again anyways.

The plots of the Blade games are barely related to one another whereas Mystery and the Radiance games are direct sequels. It wouldn't have the same impact.