The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure thread

Corrobin

This thread is for all you Stand Users out there! Anime? Manga? Games? You can discuss it, as long as it's about Jojo. And before you think about leaving, Killer Queen has already touched the Home, General Forums, General and Entertainment buttons.

IS THIS A JOJO REFERENCE!?

*ahem*. Anyways, I'm excited for the OVA "Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe" that's going to come. The artstyle in it is also going to be the same as Araki's current artstyle (although after checking out some images, everyone's face looks....chubby.)

Part 5 when?

Just now, unique said:

a diu dub would be shit purely because they'd have to say "deadly queen" out loud

Fair point. I've played enough All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven to know how jarring the difference is in Japanese (Game. Valentine is clearly saying "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Don't say that he's actually saying "Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.")

35 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Fair point. I've played enough All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven to know how jarring the difference is in Japanese (Game. Valentine is clearly saying "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Don't say that he's actually saying "Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.")

Do you want the American dubbing companies to go bankrupt? Even saying the titles means paying royalties. It sucks, but music companies are just as stingy in the US as they are in Japan.

32 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Do you want the American dubbing companies to go bankrupt? Even saying the titles means paying royalties. It sucks, but music companies are just as stingy in the US as they are in Japan.

But here's something I don't get: Both Giorno and Gappy's Stands are Prince references. But how come Giorno's Gold Experience got renamed to Golden Wind, but Gappy's Soft and Wet stayed the same?

3 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

I personally want a "Dead Man's Questions" OVA more than anything, to be honest.

This. I don't care about Rohan, but I really like Kira.

I'm curious as to where the adaptations will reach. If it ever reaches part 7, I'll be sincerely impressed.

10 hours ago, Corrobin said:

DiU dub when?

Wait I thought there was already one. Oh well, at least there's the fan made one and the abridged version.

7 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

So question: how did everyone get into JJBA? I got into it through this video.

iirc, I saw some top anime list. Had JJBA in it, so I decided to check out the JJBA wiki.

Then I checked out all the memes. And now I'm into Jojo.

4 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'm curious as to where the adaptations will reach. If it ever reaches part 7, I'll be sincerely impressed.

I'm pretty sure David Productions will be able to adapt all of the parts. Unless they go bankrupt or something.

What I'm more curious about is when Part 8 will end, and whether there would be a Part 9.

Then again, if we did get a dub, we could get to here the amazingness of "LIKE HELL I WILL" in English.

So, I wanna ask, but do you guys prefer the OVA or the anime of Stardust Crusaders?

Because I clearly like the latter.The A.P.P.P OVA is so bad it's actually funny (but I got to admit the 1993's animation was not so bad compared to 2001's). 

Also, http://toonamifaithful.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-stardust-crusaders-premieres-june-29th-at-1230am-on-toonami/

I mean yeah it's the 5th of July already. Has anyone seen the dub though? Is it any good?

Edited by Flee Fleet!

On 7/5/2017 at 4:43 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

So, I wanna ask, but do you guys prefer the OVA or the anime of Stardust Crusaders?

Because I clearly like the latter.The A.P.P.P OVA is so bad it's actually funny (but I got to admit the 1993's animation was not so bad compared to 2001's). 

Also, http://toonamifaithful.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-stardust-crusaders-premieres-june-29th-at-1230am-on-toonami/

I mean yeah it's the 5th of July already. Has anyone seen the dub though? Is it any good?

I've seen the dub of Battle Tendency on Toonami, and I overall enjoyed it. Given the bizarre nature of Jojo and how emotive the characters can get, it was a bit cringey hearing how the English dub was trying to mimic that (as I started with the series in subs). That said, I could tell the VAs were having fun and trying their best. Plus, they gave Joseph a British accent, which I thought was a nice touch. On the flip side, they butchered the opening sequence, which is, like, one of the best parts of the 2012 anime. 

If I were to rank it, I would give the dub about a 6.5/10 for typical dub issues. It's good but not great and needs some getting used to, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Stardust Crusaders is my favorite season in the anime. All likeable characters with a likable villain too. Plus the majority of the references lie in that part. OVA has that 90s cheese to it but compared to the modern adaptation, it looks lifeless.

Edited by Ronnie

On 6/29/2017 at 2:01 PM, Corrobin said:

DiU dub when?

Stardust's dub is basically complete and will air in two weeks, so probably not long after that.

I'm waiting on a Part 5 anime.

5 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I'm waiting on a Part 5 anime.

I think it'll come in 2018. Maybe.

But it's definitely going to come after the "Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe" OVA (which I don't know when it will released, does someone know?)

On 18.7.2017 at 10:37 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

But it's definitely going to come after the "Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe" OVA (which I don't know when it will released, does someone know?)

They said it'd be sent to everyone who bought all the (japanese) discs of DiU. So, it's possible it's already out somewhere.

I'm really hoping they'll at least announce Vento Aureo soon. In the meanwhile, I have the hard-cover manga to read.

1 hour ago, Kahvi said:

I'm really hoping they'll at least announce Vento Aureo soon. In the meanwhile, I have the hard-cover manga to read.

Some people are also doing a fandub of  part 5 (along with part 6 and 7, and they're all pretty good) so you can check them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanna run an idea by you guys and see what you think, if you please, about explaining something strange in the fight.

It's regarding the final battle in Jojo Part 3. This is an "in universe" explanation, not the simple answer that "the author drew them flying or floating."

I believe that the reason Jojo and Dio can fly is that Dio's use of time stop is halting the flow of time - literally, ZA WARUDO stops time, not in an absolute but in a localized sense. Thus, is it not possible that Jojo and Dio are drawn by momentum of such a strange force of the earth starting/stopping that they can battle in the sky?

Edited by Professor Groeteschele

On 8/3/2017 at 1:54 AM, unique said:

yes but that's one character who dies early on so it wouldn't matter that much

Then... What about Shining Diamond and Reverb?