Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an echoes trial would be really cool, although i have no idea who the reward would be

the masked knight could work since he does show up in a similar way that lucina did, but I think they'd go for another alternate version of an existing unit, and not only is he not in the game, he keeps his mask on once you get him and I think they'd do that here too. and obviously they can't have the unmasked version as a reward. can't really think of anyone else from echoes who'd have an alternate form, so i'm really not sure who it'd be

9 minutes ago, unique said:

an echoes trial would be really cool, although i have no idea who the reward would be

the masked knight could work since he does show up in a similar way that lucina did, but I think they'd go for another alternate version of an existing unit, and not only is he not in the game, he keeps his mask on once you get him and I think they'd do that here too. and obviously they can't have the unmasked version as a reward. can't really think of anyone else from echoes who'd have an alternate form, so i'm really not sure who it'd be

Zeke xD 

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think "Marth" is coming back no matter the theme. Her role doesn't seem quite over.

She might reappear in the story, but it wouldn't make sense for every Tempest Trial to offer her as a reward, especially assuming future Tempest Trials keep introducing new associated characters. Tempest Trials characters will probably be handled like GHB characters: additional chances to get them after a few months but not right away.

World of Mystery seems like the most likely candidate for the next Tempest Trial because of having so many maps to use. I'm not sure who would be a good free character, though. Sirius is an alternate Camus, but we already have Camus as a free unit, so that would seem pretty redundant. Perhaps just alternate art for an existing character? Minerva would be an appropriate pick, since like Lucina, she's a 5* exclusive with an ultimate weapon.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Zeke xD 

actually true though

i like zeke's design in echoes way more than camus in heroes

that's probably an art style thing rather than anything to do with the game, but if there was a zeke who looked more like that i'd probably use him, and i haven't used camus at all

I could see Lyon being in tempest.  I don't know if they plan on only doing heroes like Lucina, but Lyon/Ashnard/etc seems a bit too big to be in GHB.  At least, we haven't had any GHBs centered around the main antagonist yet. 

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I could see Lyon being in tempest.  I don't know if they plan on only doing heroes like Lucina, but Lyon/Ashnard/etc seems a bit too big to be in GHB.  At least, we haven't had any GHBs centered around the main antagonist yet. 

Zephiel's the main antagonist in FE6, and he's a GHB, so most likely Lyon would be a GHB too. Tho i would't mind him being tempest so i don't have to spend feathers on him

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I would count Zephiel as a main antagonist? 

Lyon and Ashnard are definitely as GHB-able as Zephiel. I'd be delighted if either of them was in a Tempest Trial, since they're two of my most wanted characters and that'd make it possible to get them at 5* without spending feathers, but with the only TT reward character so far being an alternate version of an already-available protagonist, I don't think it's too likely.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

She might reappear in the story, but it wouldn't make sense for every Tempest Trial to offer her as a reward, especially assuming future Tempest Trials keep introducing new associated characters. Tempest Trials characters will probably be handled like GHB characters: additional chances to get them after a few months but not right away.

World of Mystery seems like the most likely candidate for the next Tempest Trial because of having so many maps to use. I'm not sure who would be a good free character, though. Sirius is an alternate Camus, but we already have Camus as a free unit, so that would seem pretty redundant. Perhaps just alternate art for an existing character? Minerva would be an appropriate pick, since like Lucina, she's a 5* exclusive with an ultimate weapon.

They could lower "Marth's" reward tier and have more than one. Regardless, she will probably appear in some fashion.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

They could lower "Marth's" reward tier and have more than one. Regardless, she will probably appear in some fashion.

Then what about the third TT? Would it offer Masked Marth and the second TT's character and a third new one? And so on. Meanwhile if she and other TT characters appeared in the immediately following TT but not later ones, that'd be weird too.

Like with GHB characters, the thing to do is to bring back TT characters eventually but not right away.

Just now, Othin said:

Then what about the third TT? Would it offer Masked Marth and the second TT's character and a third new one? And so on. Meanwhile if she and other TT characters appeared in the immediately following TT but not later ones, that'd be weird too.

Like with GHB characters, the thing to do is to bring back TT characters eventually but not right away.

Good point, which makes her being the Tempest character a bit more likely, but I'm not sure. We'll just have to wait and see. Is there any indication of when this update will drop?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Good point, which makes her being the Tempest character a bit more likely, but I'm not sure. We'll just have to wait and see. Is there any indication of when this update will drop?

1.5 update is coming Wendsday 5/7. The new TT no indication, it's up to speculation rn.

6 minutes ago, V-raptor said:

1.5 update is coming Wendsday 5/7. The new TT no indication, it's up to speculation rn.

Me speculating says it will come with or shortly after the update. This assumes they want it to end by the end of the month and the last one started on the 8th. Though they might wait one week after the 1.5 update b/c the new game modes will keep people busy.

Edited by Lushen

Assuming future Tempest Trials continue to offer alternate versions of characters as rewards, i can see one of the rewards being Azura, but in her Nohrian outfit. And if that's the case, then great, because i would finally be able to get Azura in Heroes.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Assuming future Tempest Trials continue to offer alternate versions of characters as rewards, i can see one of the rewards being Azura, but in her Nohrian outfit. And if that's the case, then great, because i would finally be able to get Azura in Heroes.

As much as I don't like Fates, I wouldn't mind a free Azura.

It would be kind of great if the next one was for Fates but instead of Nohr Dress Azura its Layla

zag on 'em with the singer character who only shows up for 4 lines of dialog in Birthright and is never mentioned again

Just now, r_n said:

It would be kind of great if the next one was for Fates but instead of Nohr Dress Azura its Layla

zag on 'em with the singer character who only shows up for 4 lines of dialog in Birthright and is never mentioned again

I would be massively upset if that happened.

23 minutes ago, r_n said:

…I'd honestly work way harder to get Layla than any playable character except an alternate of Roy…hey, what about Old Eliwood or Hector? Or…ooooh, they could do Old Lyn and pretend this explains what happened to her after Blazing Sword!

Edited by SoulWeaver

Remember guys, we can't call this a pattern if it only has happened once.

It could be literally be any character, not just alts of existing ones

inb4 Legion clone as a reward

Edited by Doof

18 minutes ago, Doof said:

Remember guys, we can't call this a pattern if it only has happened once.

It could be literally be any character, not just alts of existing ones

inb4 Legion clone as a reward

But it's a pattern of one, gosh darn it! 

To be honest, joking aside, I am interested to see which character they pick next - whether the continue with the clones theme or if they bring new ones out. Heck, if they wanted any kind of theme, they could do the Awakening children, since they landed at random different times and things. I'd like to see that... but then I'd also like to see different characters from different games, which is why I like the alt theory. Oh well, we'll find out come this month what the next one will be ^.^ I do think Nohrian Azure is probably the best guess, personally, but I'd be happy to be wrong.