Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

38 minutes ago, Apples said:

Throwing out the guess (and hope) that Tobin has a unique sword like how Jaffar has his unique dagger.

I agree his stats will be unique but considering F!Marth got a unique weapon (even if it id a duplicate), I wouldn't say Tobin won't have one definitively.  I still don't think he'll have a unique because he's a villager and to my knowledge was never exposed to some artifact and no one weapon stands out to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

...Do I use my 60 orbs to try to summon a 40% hero or just drag Sharena around for that 20% (my Clair and Lukas have pretty bad natures...-SPD and -DEF respectively)...? Unless the there are new seals, I'm just going for the 5* this time. I haven't been able to do much training...so I still won't have 4 full teams for this Tempest ._.; Plus, lacking that 40% multiplier's going to destroy my desire to do much of it.

Given that we're getting a new 5* unit at the same score as before, I'm sure there are new seals as well. Wouldn't make sense to not give the players who already are active enough in TT to have Quickened Pulse a reason to come back for another 50k.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was fine with reaching 50k with only a 20% bonus unit last time. It’s not as bad as you think, especially when they buffed the points from modes lower than Lunatic.

I’m going to use Sharena (because my only 40% bonus is Faye and my other 20% bonus is Clair) and I’m going to make it.

Mm that's true~ that's definitely reassuring. Yeah Sharena squad~! Mine's 5* now (training her up to level 40)...I need to give her some good skills, though! Good luck to you!! Who're you going to put your Sharena with? I'm wondering if I should do Sharena, Marth!Lucina (Cleric build), Soren, and...not...sure? I have a +ATK/-HP Hinoka I could raise up and use, maybe?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Given that we're getting a new 5* unit at the same score as before, I'm sure there are new seals as well. Wouldn't make sense to not give the players who already are active enough in TT to have Quickened Pulse a reason to come back for another 50k.

...Oh sugar muffins that's a very true point. U-g-h. Well, hello again grind... :'DD So much tea's going to be drunk during those two weeks haha! I wonder what kind of seal it'll be this time...

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Mm that's true~ that's definitely reassuring. Yeah Sharena squad~! Mine's 5* now (training her up to level 40)...I need to give her some good skills, though! Good luck to you!! Who're you going to put your Sharena with? I'm wondering if I should do Sharena, Marth!Lucina (Cleric build), Soren, and...not...sure? I have a +ATK/-HP Hinoka I could raise up and use, maybe?

I’m going to bruteforce everything with my trusted core of Sharena, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1, falling back on a horse team if needed.

Probably need to replace Fury on Soren with something else if there is no healer.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I’m going to bruteforce everything with my trusted core of Sharena, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1, falling back on a horse team if needed.

Probably need to replace Fury on Soren with something else if there is no healer.

Ohhhh that sounds like a really solid team!! Reinhardt alone is probably going to trivialize a lot~ Yeah, that makes sense for Soren. I'm not too sure what skill would work best for him...I guess it depends on his nature? Mine's going to be TA3 and Green Tomebreaker 3 since he's +RES/-DEF. I...need to give him some of the skills, but...

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ohhhh that sounds like a really solid team!! Reinhardt alone is probably going to trivialize a lot~ Yeah, that makes sense for Soren. I'm not too sure what skill would work best for him...I guess it depends on his nature? Mine's going to be TA3 and Green Tomebreaker 3 since he's +RES/-DEF. I...need to give him some of the skills, but...

He’s [+Spd, −Def] and currently has Lancebreaker 2 in his B slot.

He’s [+Spd, −Def] and currently has Lancebreaker 2 in his B slot.

Ohhhh that's a nice nature for him!! Maybe LaD3? Since it'll boost his attack and speed further...he's squishy defensive-wise as is. Though it makes him able to take magic a little less reliably...if he's there for physical duels, that might work? I hope I'm not overstepping bounds suggesting this...?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I just hope the 50k reward is quickened pulse again.

Because I don't want to grind to 50k on each account again.

Maybe you shouldn't have 2 accounts again?

I am pretty surprised they didn't go with a game that would at least them use a GHB unit and/or a "Special" unit like last time. Fates could have worked easily, for instance. Guess they'd run out of those eventually though, since the daily pool only grabs from awakening, archanea & fates... And that we got Tobin of all people. So much for the prevailing theory of alternates.

Perils of making assumptions based on one (1) tempest, I suppose. Thankfully I have a Mae

7 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ohhhh that's a nice nature for him!! Maybe LaD3? Since it'll boost his attack and speed further...he's squishy defensive-wise as is. Though it makes him able to take magic a little less reliably...if he's there for physical duels, that might work? I hope I'm not overstepping bounds suggesting this...?

If only I had L&D3 available. He did great as a blue mage killer, I wonder how much the penalty to Res will hurt him.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

If only I had L&D3 available. He did great as a blue mage killer, I wonder how much the penalty to Res will hurt him.

I'm not too sure, sadly. LaD2 might suffice and not hurt him as badly, but how bad it'll be regardless I'm unclear (assuming you mean you don't have the feathers for a 5* Hana rather than no fodder). If you're after blue mages, TA might be better? Though that leaves him open to a world of hurt from reds...though, I doubt he could really...DO much against them otherwise. When I ran through with him during the previous Tempest, he couldn't handle red mages even with his increased Res since their stats were so inflated.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

I am pretty surprised they didn't go with a game that would at least them use a GHB unit and/or a "Special" unit like last time. Fates could have worked easily, for instance. Guess they'd run out of those eventually though, since the daily pool only grabs from awakening, archanea & fates... And that we got Tobin of all people. So much for the prevailing theory of alternates.

Perils of making assumptions based on one (1) tempest, I suppose. Thankfully I have a Mae

You're forgeting that Elibe also has free units (Cecilia, and Sophia at the very least). Also, I don't think fates has had a GHB yet?

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I'm not too sure, sadly. LaD2 might suffice and not hurt him as badly, but how bad it'll be regardless I'm unclear (assuming you mean you don't have the feathers for a 5* Hana rather than no fodder). If you're after blue mages, TA might be better? Though that leaves him open to a world of hurt from reds...though, I doubt he could really...DO much against them otherwise. When I ran through with him during the previous Tempest, he couldn't handle red mages even with his increased Res since their stats were so inflated.

Yeah, I have 4⋆ Hanas but not enough feathers for them (and Navarre has the dibs on the first of them because Navarre). I do have a 4⋆ Selena whose TA2 I could give up (like I did with Lilina). This should work.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You're forgeting that Elibe also has free units (Cecilia, and Sophia at the very least). Also, I don't think fates has had a GHB yet?

Xander.

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Maybe you shouldn’t let your big mouth loose again?

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Arc, you presume a little much making a tone it is for selfish reasons.

The second account is referring to helping my fiance.

I might just go for 4 star Robin in this case instead of going for 30k points.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, I have 4⋆ Hanas but not enough feathers for them (and Navarre has the dibs on the first of them because Navarre). I do have a 4⋆ Selena whose TA2 I could give up (like I did with Lilina). This should work.

Sounds perfect! :D I hope he works well for you! Good luck in Tempest~!

14 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Ah yeah, forgot about them. Though I still think that they would probably differentiate between 6 & 7...well it's probably a ways off regardless so who can say.

Fates had Xander

e: just for kicks. 1/3/12 has five (2 are specific to 12), while 6 & 7 have 2 each. Awakening & Fates have one each. 

Edited by r_n

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Wouldn't another Quickened Pulse as the 50k reward be a little useless considering you're only allowed to have one of each seal?

Yes, it would.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Wouldn't another Quickened Pulse as the 50k reward be a little useless considering you're only allowed to have one of each seal?

It would basically be going to 50,000 fo r a mere 300 feathers yeah

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yes, it would.

on the other hand though, that's what makes it more of a possibility

the implication of that is that there'll be multiple chances to get some seals, so it'd make sense for this one to be another chance for that one

although it'd also be pretty disappointing for the 50k reward to be nothing for some people

2 minutes ago, unique said:

the implication of that is that there'll be multiple chances to get some seals, so it'd make sense for this one to be another chance for that one

although it'd also be pretty disappointing for the 50k reward to be nothing for some people

I think it'd be fine if there was an alternative reward for people who already had the seal. Like some extra shards or whatever.

32 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Arc, you presume a little much making a tone it is for selfish reasons.

LOL You're not selfish for having 2 accounts XD 

I was just saying that maybe you should not have 2 if it's so much of a hassle, or just not go for 50k altogether. You are only a casual player anyway right!? I wasn't able to get quickened pulse myself actually hee hee

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Maybe you shouldn’t let your big mouth loose again?

*grumble grumble*

Just now, unique said:

"Multiple chances for some seals" does not imply much chance of a high-profile seal-reward being immediately available again right away through the same method. I'm sure Quickened Pulse will be back eventually, but there's no reason to expect it in any of the next few months, let alone in a way related to TT at all. It could be some random quest reward in December.

I also think it's an understatement to say the reward would be nothing for "some people". It's safe to assume that of the people who hit 50k points in this TT, most of those people, by a substantial majority, will have also reached 50k in the previous one.