Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I really don't like how they kept this mode as tedious as before.

What are you talking about? Easier after a loss, more points for lower difficulty levels, fewer points needed, daily quests for extra rewards. It's still pretty grindy, but wayyy less tedious.

On 2/7/2017 at 8:19 PM, Othin said:

Nohr Azura would be cool, but she wouldn't get along well with the whole "only one skill" thing Masked Marth did. To really function, she'd need to break away from that and have at least two, her Sapphire Lance and Dance abilities.

You're understimating just how insane refreshing a unit is in on itself. She's still on the stronger and quicker side, so she'd still do pretty well against Reds with something like a Killer or Armourslayer.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

You're understimating just how insane refreshing a unit is in on itself. She's still on the stronger and quicker side, so she'd still do pretty well against Reds with something like a Killer or Armourslayer.

I'm not talking about power level. If a unit started with Sing as their only skill, with no weapon or healing skill, they would not be able to gain Exp or SP without using shards or crystals to level up, until they used enough shards to gain enough levels for the SP to start learning inherited weapons. That's not how this game is supposed to work.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

What are you talking about? Easier after a loss, more points for lower difficulty levels, fewer points needed, daily quests for extra rewards. It's still pretty grindy, but wayyy less tedious.

I forgot about how you need less points now, that indeed makes a bit of a difference. All the other stuff doesn't do much to make it better for me though.

The parts about it being easier after a loss and more points being gained for lower difficulties only matter if you can't consistently clear Lunatic with one team to begin with. After I got a few runs in to get used to the new maps, my team makes it to the 7th map very consistently, and counter teaming the last map wasn't to difficult the first time around either.

Daily quests don't make it less tedious, they just give you more reason to get a few runs in every day. I mean, getting rewards after a clear is fun, but it doesn't really solve anything.

I don't know, I really hate having to do something similar about 70-80 times for some price, and apart from lowering the number to maybe 60 they didn't do much to change that (it's not even lowered for me, because I don't have a 40% bonus unit). I guess it's more a matter of me not liking this mode then it being badly designed though.

Edited by Bartozio

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not talking about power level. If a unit started with Sing as their only skill, with no weapon or healing skill, they would not be able to gain Exp or SP without using shards or crystals to level up, until they used enough shards to gain enough levels for the SP to start learning inherited weapons. That's not how this game is supposed to work.

Doubt they would be as dumb as to not lend her a weapon for that, at least. lol

Would've enjoyed that idea a lot more than Tobin (whom I barely know of and sounds like they couldn't think of a better name and couldn't go with Robin again but could have a second "Effie" in Japanese because fuck logic).

Wow...real lack of Tobin-appreciation here. Yeah, he was mediocre, but I think he can redeem himself here. Slap a hone/fortify on him, toss him a Brave Sword, Earth boost 3 and go ham. I'll at least give him a try. His max HP is 46, 49 with HP+3 seal. Not many units have HP that high.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I forgot about how you need less points now, that indeed makes a bit of a difference. All the other stuff doesn't do much to make it better for me though.

The parts about it being easier after a loss and more points being gained for lower difficulties only matter if you can't consistently clear Lunatic with one team to begin with. After I got a few runs in to get used to the new maps, my team makes it to the 7th map very consistently, and counter teaming the last map wasn't to difficult the first time around either.

Daily quests don't make it less tedious, they just give you more reason to get a few runs in every day. I mean, getting rewards after a clear is fun, but it doesn't really solve anything.

I don't know, I really hate having to do something similar about 70-80 times for some price, and apart from lowering the number to maybe 60 they didn't do much to change that (it's not even lowered for me, because I don't have a 40% bonus unit). I guess it's more a matter of me not liking this mode then it being badly designed though.

That's fair. I only play Lunatic as well, but I've never had much consistency with one-team clears, so I've been getting a ton of mileage out of the easier retries. I also felt like it got more tedious later on with rewards being very rare, so I really like how the daily quests will help with that.

Just now, Soul~! said:

Doubt they would be as dumb as to not lend her a weapon for that, at least. lol

Would've enjoyed that idea a lot more than Tobin (whom I barely know of and sounds like they couldn't think of a better name and couldn't go with Robin again but could have a second "Effie" in Japanese because fuck logic).

Yeah, that's my point. To have Azura work properly, they'd need to give her at least two skills, breaking from the Masked Marth thing of just one skill, which doesn't even seem to be an issue because Tobin has a full skill set.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's my point. To have Azura work properly, they'd need to give her at least two skills, breaking from the Masked Marth thing of just one skill, which doesn't even seem to be an issue because Tobin has a full skill set.

Or they could've just given her a Steel Lance. Meets the intent while not being ridiculously stupid.

I doubt they'd ever have given no weapon, though. That's 594 SP, and if you spend it the wrong way, your Azura is screwed.

And I'm fine with Tobin in Echoes (he puts in a lot of work as my archer), I'm less fine with him in Heroes. Never count Tobin out until he gives a reason.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Wow...real lack of Tobin-appreciation here. Yeah, he was mediocre, but I think he can redeem himself here. Slap a hone/fortify on him, toss him a Brave Sword, Earth boost 3 and go ham. I'll at least give him a try. His max HP is 46, 49 with HP+3 seal. Not many units have HP that high.

The thing is, he's an infantry sword unit. It's a very big group, and most of them have some personal weapon as well.

Tobin doesn't have a special weapon, and his stats are pretty well rounded. He's not bad, but he doesn't stand out either, in the role that has the most competition in the entire game. For a Brave sword set, Chrom would be a lot better (more HP and Attack).

23 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

To be fair, Tobin existed before Robin's game was even being made.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tobin got added with both a weapon and an assist skill (as well as skills of his own), so this issue is sort of moot anyway.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Or they could've just given her a Steel Lance. Meets the intent while not being ridiculously stupid.

I doubt they'd ever have given no weapon, though. That's 594 SP, and if you spend it the wrong way, your Azura is screwed.

That'd make sense. Again, a moot point because they don't seem to be sticking with the only-one-skill thing, but if they were, that'd be a clever way to do it.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

YEAAAH 

I did this twice already. Something usually keeps screwing me over. Most often it is the P5-3 map.

I need a second Reinhardt.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I did this twice already. Something usually keeps screwing me over. Most often it is the P5-3 map.

I need a second Reinhardt.

What screws me over is when there are stupid archers with Res conveniently high enough to avoid a OHKO by Camilla. I'm glad I put Swordbreaker on Sharena because she was able to ORKO Fir at the very end

23 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What screws me over is when there are stupid archers with Res conveniently high enough to avoid a OHKO by Camilla. I'm glad I put Swordbreaker on Sharena because she was able to ORKO Fir at the very end

This is why Nino is so nice. She just doubles most of them, and evrything she doesn't double gets killed by Rein.

Congrats on your perfect score though!

24 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

He deserved it.

24 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I seemingly jinxed myself; right after posting my previous message I abandoned the run at map 5, and on the next one had to use team 4 to finish. A/D/×1.2.
Were the Speed rankings relaxed?

Just now, silverserpent said:

Lol...i poked him to death with Elise because she was the only one that could hurt him XD

He deserved it too. A just punishment for abusing Wings of Mercy.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

He deserved it.

I seemingly jinxed myself; right after posting my previous message I abandoned the run at map 5, and on the next one had to use team 4 to finish. A/D/×1.2.
Were the Speed rankings relaxed?

I think its less that they're relaxed and more "every map but the graveyard map is tiny compared to the Awakening maps". Can consistently 2 turn a large chunk of them, which gives you a lot of leeway later on. That graveyard map can kill your speed ranking, I've landed as low as a C ranking because I had to play some cat and mouse on that map.

Over all though I'm vastly preferring this TT to the last one even with the weaker rewards: I can actually manage it even with working a full time job with weird hours. Last TT I only got the seal on the very last day by grinding out the last 10k nonstop in the 4 hours I had before I went to work for the day due to never being able to be consistent in it + the larger maps taking more time. This TT I'm easily managing 7-8k points on my workdays, can probably hit 10-12k on my days off without tiring myself out.