Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I wish my Spring Camilla wasn't -Atk. T_T

-Atk Spring Camilla is better than no Spring Camilla at all. I kinda wish I tried harder to pull her, but what's done is done I suppose.

Just figured I'd post my latest amazing moment here: last night I wound up on Map 6 with only Nino and Masked Marth (Marth didn't have any hones or spurs) against Ogma, Seliph, Lon'Qu, and Felicia. Somehow I managed to take them all down, and felt amazing for about five minutes afterwards.

Also, contributing to the above discussion: said Nino was earlier able to one-round an Adult!Tiki on the final map with Hone Atk 3 boost and Iceberg activation. Mages, man.

Well, Phantom Spd is now in my possession (last run put my score at 40,200) so, yay? I suppose my Alm is now just 66 merits away from max so I can look forward to changing my team up very soon. I did see the very adorable sight of a Virion with Atk Ploy a bit earlier who only had 15 Res, kek. That gave me a good chuckle at least. I'm still enjoying these trials enough though and will keep going until I get every last orb like the greedy wretch that I am.

So I've complained quite a bit about how much I dislike TT being basically a repetitive grindfest...

How about I innovate, rather than just complain?
I may be able to easily complete Lunatic 7 with 2 teams and get a score in the high 600s... but what if there's a more time efficient way to do it?

I'm trying to build a team that can auto-battle through as many stages as possible, then have a 2nd take I'd manually take over with for the last couple stage or two that can easily run through them.

So far, I think Hector and a bonus unit (Mae) are a must for the auto-battle team. What else? Armor emblem might be ideal, but I only have Hector levelled up.

My 2nd team would be Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Olivia - this is the best (meaning: fastest and most reliable) team I can come up with for clearing the final stage. This also means I have to have the bonus unit on the first team.

So far, trying Hector/Sharena/Maria/Mae for autobattle. They can clear 3-4 stages sometimes on Lunatic 5, but I'd like something that can go further on Lunatic 7.

12 hours ago, Locke087 said:

This mode is the complete opposite of the reason I play this game in the freaking first place I play it as a little distraction game to play in between actual games not a game that takes all my fetching free time. This mode is becoming way too demanding of my time and I'm gonna have to stop playing the game if it gets any more I hope the developers start to realize that.

Yeah... TT is basically a grindfest, and the rewards aren't even that good.

At some point I begin to wonder... wouldn't it be more time efficient to, say, go mow someone's lawn for $15 and use that money to buy orbs instead of just grinding away at TTs for orbs?

I lost internet yesterday so am a bit behind. Hoping to finish with 40k today - I've set that for my goal even if I have to use stamina potions. Currently at 37k, so I might make it without. 

Last map was pretty hair-raising, though. Lost Alm on Map 4 due to being a bit careless with an enemy Reinhardt. Xander's health was slowly whittled down over the next few maps, particularly by an annoyingly persistent poison strike Matthew,until he was left on 2hp.

I get to the final battle - Celica, Sanaki, Barst, Nino and Frederick. 

Reinhardt manages to kill Celica and Sanaki, and whittle down Frederick, before Frederick meanly kills him. Azura is taken down by a very mean Nino. Before this, Xander (on 2 hp) had killed Barst, who did a grand 0x4 damage to him. Frederick is on a defence tile by this point, and he would kill Xander, even on a defence tile, if attacked...

So I retreat. Off the defence tiles I go, where both Frederick and Nino are forced to suicide themselves on a beautifully vantage'd Xander. 

That's the closest I've ever come to losing my perfect score without actually losing it (I have lost it plenty of times because I am careless. No wonder Soren is always telling me off). Yay for Vantage and yay for the ever amazing Xander :D 

23 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

At some point I begin to wonder... wouldn't it be more time efficient to, say, go mow someone's lawn for $15 and use that money to buy orbs instead of just grinding away at TTs for orbs?

Yes, it would be.

$20 for mowing a lawn for about an hour (that's about how much it goes for where I come from) buys 35 orbs.

Running Tempest Trials for about an hour (about 6 runs of 705 points for 4,230 points) earns 1.3 orbs (once you're at the final stretch).

...How are people getting extremely high scores so fast? I'm still not even at 2,000. Though I haven't been playing a lot. But I'm still averaging only 400-500 per round, and that's if I don't get a game over like I did just now in the second lunatic set. Fuck that shit too, it's not possible to win when even my strongest units can't do any damage (my strongest including merged 5 star units too). I'm sticking with the other maps. I DID clear the first lunatic, so there's that.

Also, I'm sick of Celica showing up, why does she always have to be there? Is this poor luck or something? Every other unit can be different, but Celica is ALWAYS there. I'm tired of her. Not even my strongest blue units can one-round her (unless I go to a much lower difficulty), so I wish someone else would show up in her place.

Edited by Anacybele

Yep, after you get Tobin/all SS's it would be.

The same could be said about literally any game with P2P mechanics.  The difference is most people have a job and wouldn't want to take on another just for the first day's pay.  Most people aren't in a situation where they can get up and go cut someone's yard for $20.00 whenever they want.  It's a bit of a fallacy I hear people reference all the time.  Yea, economically it makes sense but in reality you can't just go make $20.00 whenever you want.  

Now, I could sell my copy of Radiant Dawn and PoR for ~200 orbs :p

@AnacybeleIf you're only at 2,000 and you're getting 500 per, you've only played 4 times.  I've played about 20-30 times per day.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...How are people getting extremely high scores so fast? I'm still not even at 2,000. Though I haven't been playing a lot. But I'm still averaging only 400-500 per round, and that's if I don't get a game over like I did just now in the second lunatic set. Fuck that shit too, it's not possible to win when even my strongest units can't do any damage (my strongest including merged 5 star units too). I'm sticking with the other maps. I DID clear the first lunatic, so there's that.

Also, I'm sick of Celica showing up, why does she always have to be there? Is this poor luck or something? Every other unit can be different, but Celica is ALWAYS there. I'm tired of her. Not even my strongest blue units can one-round her (unless I go to a much lower difficulty), so I wish someone else would show up in her place.

Celica is the final boss for this Tempest, sort of like Veronica last time, so she's always there.  All the other ones are random on the last map, but they will always be of a certain unit type, like there is always one cavalry on the right side, for example

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

If you're only at 2,000 and you're getting 500 per, you've only played 4 times.  I've played about 20-30 times per day.

I've played at least five, actually. I've tried every set that's there as of now. And that's impossible, you wouldn't have enough stamina for that unless you burned through every stamina potion you have, and would any player really use them all up at once?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Celica is the final boss for this Tempest, sort of like Veronica last time, so she's always there.  All the other ones are random on the last map, but they will always be of a certain unit type, like there is always one cavalry on the right side, for example

Oh, well in that case, I quit. I don't like the way this works at all. It's too hard and too tedious. I don't want to defeat the same boss and play on the same maps over and over and over so many times like that just to get a few little rewards. No thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've played at least five, actually. I've tried every set that's there as of now. And that's impossible, you wouldn't have enough stamina for that unless you burned through every stamina potion you have, and would any player really use them all up at once?

Guess it'd be more like 15-20 runs.  I normally get to drain my stamina twice per day so that's 10 times.  Additionally, I usually have 2 stamina potions which is another 10 stamina.  

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Guess it'd be more like 15-20 runs.  I normally get to drain my stamina twice per day so that's 10 times.  Additionally, I usually have 2 stamina potions which is another 10 stamina.  

That sounds more reasonable. Okay then.

Celica is a pain, but it's nice how unlike Veronica, she gets a lot easier to deal with when retrying because she won't have full HP for the Ragnarok bonus anymore. Just have to have a plan for dealing with her on some team or another.

I haven't been getting great scores, especially since grinding SP and HM for Gwendolyn means slowing down a lot. I'm happy with my progress, though. Should be able to hit 20k today then 30k not too long afterward, and then I should just need the daily quests to hit 40k.

@Anacybele You can get a maximum of 705 points on a perfect Luantic 7 run.

I usually get 683 as I use two teams because of the blasted 40% bonus unit requirement so I get a B in survival.

It takes 20 stamina for a run, you can do 5 runs on a full stamina bar.

So that's over 3000 score on a full stamina bar if you can reliably complete lunatic 7.

Celica is always the final boss - her map tends to have lots of reds, so be prepared with a couple blues on the team you use for the final map.

That being said... it is a tedious grindfest. I completed Lunatic 7 with A speed / B survival on my first attempt. But to get the unique Seal I have to repeat that some 60 times. It does get boring and repetitive and tedious and stops being fun after a while. So I'm only planning to get to 40k points for the unique character and seal rewards.

After 50k it's pretty much just grinding for orbs every 10k points, at which point...

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, it would be.

$20 for mowing a lawn for about an hour (that's about how much it goes for where I come from) buys 35 orbs.

Running Tempest Trials for about an hour (about 6 runs of 705 points for 4,230 points) earns 1.3 orbs (once you're at the final stretch).

At which point it's more time efficient, and probably more fun, to go mow lawns for $ to buy orbs with rather than keep grinding for in-game orbs.

Heck, I might actually go and do that.

It's a bit funny... FE Heroes has reached the point where it would be more fun to do real world work than to grind for in-game rewards...

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

5 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

At which point it's more time efficient, and probably more fun, to go mow lawns for $ to buy orbs with rather than keep grinding for in-game orbs.

Heck, I might actually go and do that.

Where I come from this time of year, I get to do that at least once a week. Free $$$ if you ask me.

I'd probably do more tempest runs if FGO wasn't competing for my time haha