V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fuck you, Ram Valley.

Signed, Vaximillian

Start Mae on the right, Tharja on top, Elise in the middle, Cecilia on the left. Mae kills Virion safely with Desperation. Tharja uses Draw Back on Mae. Elise heals Tharja if it looks like Lachesis will kill her. End turn.

... What do you mean that's not your team?

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

L&D Reinhardt is fast enough to double that after Hone Cav, lawls.

What does this response have to do with my screenshot?

At least @Ice Dragon is more straightforward with his sarcasm. Or is he?

I still killed everything without even losing anyone. Lachesis surprised me and went after Lilina, charging her Iceberg. Reinhardt then Draconic Aura’d Merric, and Lilina Iceberg’d Klein. Soren finished Lachesis.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

What does this response have to do with my screenshot?

Your screenshot partly implies R-Tomebreaker Lachesis is an issue, and Reinhardt demolishes her. -blade Vantage variants should be able to kill the two archers as well. Even max powered Rein would need to 2HKO Lachesis, meaning he takes a counter to go down to Vantage range---Virion & Klein, on the other hand, should be comfortably OHKOd with double cav buffs. (Or 6/6/4/2)

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Actually, wait. I didn't realize Lachesis had R Tomebreaker.

Tharja kills Virion with Desperation. Mae uses Draw Back on Tharja. Elise heals Tharja if it looks like Lachesis can kill her. End turn. Lachesis attacks Tharja most likely, but possibly Elise. Merric and Klein move down. End turn. Cecilia kills Lachesis. Mae kills Klein. Tharja kills Merric. Map clear.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@DehNutCase I thought it was obvious on my screenshot there is no other cavalry unit except Reinhardt.

Doesn’t matter, stage clear without casualties.

Reinhardt's razor states that, for any given map and enemy composition, adding more Reinhardts is always the solution.

Edit: Don't take my last couple of posts too seriously, was just joking around, derp.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Reinhardt's razor states that, for any given map and enemy composition, adding more Reinhardts is always the solution.

What happened to “Just use Hector”? Sic transit gloria mundi.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

What happened to “Just use Hector”? Sic transit gloria mundi.

never use Hector. (Except when I do.)

For reals though, I've never ranked Hector too highly---I got him late enough that all my other units out perform him because his stat and counter-kill lead is non-existent, while his mobility remains a very real issue.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just got 40k for Phantom Spd, bringing my days of grinding this mode to the ground to an end, at least for now.

Now I can grind Chain Challenge Lunatic for even more orbs!

Road

To

Ranking

Feather

Just hit 100k which is currently rank 705 so if I keep going at the rate I've been, I should stay in the top 1000. Been using this TT primarily as a means to max HM so I've been using various units. After my flier emblem maxed their TT, I didn't have 4 units that meshed well together so I'm now using a core of Reinhardt + Olivia and 2 units (currently Leo and Lon'qu) that need HM

I'm feeling the burnout this time, which I didn't feel on the first TT. Up to 68k and struggling to keep it interesting. Gonna level Saber for a bit instead, taking advantage of the 2k. I have over 100 stamina potions, so can use them if it starts to look like I won't make all the prizes. 

I find I'm making stupid mistakes right now, which means I usually need a second team to complete the last map (and occasionally, a third team. Haven't got down to fourth, though). 

I've slacked a lot lately and I didn't play Heroes for two days. Thankfully I'm back into the game and went from 70k to 90k today, tomorrow I'll go to 110k and then I'll focus on giving SP to my fliers!

On 7/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, Soul~! said:

I refrained from responding because I didn't mean to sound ungrateful (but I actually am), but by the way things are going, it doesn't seem like I really need certain characters to carry me through. You have a set of counters in each characters, and they should be able to pull through unless they don't exactly stand out in what they do. With that said, each of mine just does that. To say I have to play almost perfectly is quite an exaggeration, when all I really needed was some degree of patience(or aka not be a dumbass and make rash decisions at every turn). Hawkeye is a super-staple against all Blues and most colorless (especially the more dangerous ones that my others don't oneround, such as Takumeme and Kagero), Sanaki pretty much oneshots every green (and is actually my anti-Celica in the likes of Quick Ripostse+Night Sky), Maria/Lucius are godsent for simply keeping people alive and Azura because Azura and fuck Reds. Like, they're not as easy as throwing Vantage Hector/Xander at stuff and watch it die, but it's a thing.

I've been slacking hard with a fucked up sleep schedule these past few days, and only recently about to hit 30k (saw you hit that during the weekend, lol).

In that case I guess you're just impatient? But you're still doing better than last trial regardless. You could hit 100k at the rate you're going. I'm getting ready to wrap up myself. I'll say from experience man those orbs are delicious. 

@Symphonica I got to a point where I was getting a steady stream of A/A runs but all my units had maxed HM and didn't need SP so it started to get really tedious. Then I got Delthea and enough feathers to get Brave Bow+. So I slapped that and LnD2 on B!Cordelia (RIP My only *4 Hana (+ATK/-SPD)) and she has turned into a WRECKING BALL.

Like... my Faye that has Brave Bow and DB2/Poison Strike felt like... a taste or a preview of what was to come. Cordelia is almost soloing the trials. That being said I'm having fun again and I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Cordelia+Dancer and 2 units to build SP. Right now they are Delthea and my -ATK Tharja.

Edited by Zeo

That feeling when one of your units ends a Tempest Trial run with 1,999 merits...... Though I've now passed 70k (at 72,980 at the time of this post) and will keep pushing towards 80k before I call it quits for the night.

Spoiler

S3vKTZL.png

Hit 100k.

Think twice if you think this is the end though. I'm barely in the top 100. People are really hungry for those 10k feathers. 

Hopefully you won't need 200k for the top 1k. There is still a week left Jesus. Hope people get worn out because I'm ready to be done at this point.

Mae finally hit 2,000 Hero Merit so my team is finally capped, and I just got Phantom Spd.

Currently sitting at 40,185 points, exactly 57 perfect A/A/40% runs. Rank is currently 36,349. I'll see if I can break into the top 10,000 in the remaining time.

I won't be changing up my team for more Hero Merit because I'm lazy and like the easy wins.

EDIT:

Spent some SP to finish building out my team's skills for run efficiency.

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Resistance +1)
+9 Mae [+Spd, -HP] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Speed +1)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, S Spur Def 1)
+0 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity, Recover, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, S Fortify Res 1)

Edited by Ice Dragon

I slowed down considerably after reaching ≈48k. Will probably hit 50k by doing three daily runs for the quests, and need nothing more.

I wonder whether the final boss of the next tempest will be a blue mage.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

In that case I guess you're just impatient? But you're still doing better than last trial regardless. You could hit 100k at the rate you're going. I'm getting ready to wrap up myself. I'll say from experience man those orbs are delicious.

I can't afford to just throw in a character and have them do stuff. I have to think. It's really fucking hard when you have to do that for at least 10 times a day, assuming you're perfect.

I've slacked hard close to a whole week, and it's eating out an important part of my day. I'll be lucky if I make it to 80k at this point, and that's assuming I'm busting my ass for 10k a day.

like fuck I'm playing so bad I'm struggling with the first few stages at times I feel like ragequitting when I lose one character

Edited by Soul~!

Burnt-out man reporting. I have 12,624 points and am currently ranked at 112,726. If I'm lucky, I may get 5* Tobin, but I may just end up getting the Resistance Seal.

I think I pinpointed the main reason why I feel burnt out. Running seven maps in a row is far more draining (than expected) than running five maps in a row. I don't mind running the Chain Challenges of five maps or doing Hard-5 for Tempest Trials in consecutive sessions. Yet, after doing just one run of Lunatic-7, I am not really compelled to do another run. I guess it's a weird psychological thing.

Alternatively, Lunatic-7 takes more brain power while I can somewhat mindlessly beat Hard-5 (in which case I am probably just a lazy tactician). The crazy part is I can still beat both with mostly just 2 teams (Bonus Team + Main Team), with the Bonus Team occasionally managing to do a full clear by themselves on Hard-5. If I can beat both modes with the same teams and only have to play just two more maps for Lunatic-7, then why do I feel so drained after Lunatic-7 compared to Hard-5?...

I do appreciate the improvements to the Tempest Trials, but I would still love a system where a player can "double the stamina, double the points." Right now I am struggling to spend all of my stamina because once I'm burnt out, I don't particularly want to continue playing Heroes. I have plenty of cases where I don't even bother with the Arena for days at a time and only playing Arena maybe once a week to maintain ranking and obtain rewards.