Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

After hitting 40k for the phantom seal I've started mostly just doing auto-battle runs on the 5 map hard mode with "theme teams" for lack of a better word.

My favorite has been my mage team of Soren, Celica, Linde, and Boey. They actually tend to do pretty well with good color coverage, two of them having drawback and the other two with reposition, and Boey being able to take virtually no damage from anything that doesn't use magic. But oh boy the AI does love putting extreme squishy mages Linde and Soren in range of melee units. So I get to watch easily avoidable deaths like the multiple times Soren has repositioned Boey out of the way of way of brave weapon users. What a great tactition :U

My backup is usually a team of archers because yesterday I realized I had four lv40 archers Jeorge, Gaius, Leon, and Niles (the weak link is 4* Niles and his 28 attack). Or team "varying shades of blue" consisting of Seliph, Ike, Alm, and Marth. 

Its all stupid and inefficient but I am suficiantly entertained and those orbs aren't going to just get themselves. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I got Tobin!

After the last Tempest trials kinda wore me down, it feels relieving to get Tobin this time. Being able to actually get more points from Hard 5 helped, but still, the fact I'm 10k away from my goal is fine, especially considering how much time is left.

Also @Soul~!, that thing is actually kinda terrifying. Inflation once again.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

To think this is what a +Spd -Def LaD +7 Frederick looks like...

That HP is inhuman though.

But there is an answer: red mage. 

Dat lol res

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

So FE12 Jake have a one night stand with Draug?

Basically.

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

implying Frederick is ever human

Brave Axe Frederick looks like a kid carrying his father's hatchet around on a pony compared to this.

@Anacybele This Frederick dies to no red mage at base. With buffs, sure Tharja and Celica can make quick work of him. But wow.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

A bit over 30k and I'm super bored.

Would anyone be interested in trying to see who can speedrun the trials the fastest?

Give me two minutes.

Oh, right, Nox. Never mind then.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But there is an answer: red mage. 

Dat lol res

I'm pretty sure I took him down recently with Rein on the final map, although I think he had Luna up. That Res is a blessing to those against him xD 

(Can't remember if Xander had softened him a tad first. Without Bonfire up, he pretty much taps Frederick >.< ) 

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Basically.

Brave Axe Frederick looks like a kid carrying his father's hatchet around on a pony compared to this.

@Anacybele This Frederick dies to no red mage at base. With buffs, sure Tharja and Celica can make quick work of him. But wow.

Seriously? Even with ELEVEN res? Wow.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? Even with ELEVEN res? Wow.

His HP means he's hard to OHKO, and his Spd means he's hard to double.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Raigh can oneshot him, but only barely. 64 damage to Frederick's 63 HP.

Well, I knew SOME red mage had to be able to, otherwise that's just OP. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I knew SOME red mage had to be able to, otherwise that's just OP. 

Well, that was with no merges, neutral nature, no skill inheritance, and no buffs.

Vanilla Sanaki one-hit kills him with a +Atk nature. Vanilla Tharja one-round kills him with a +Spd nature.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, that was with no merges, neutral nature, no skill inheritance, and no buffs.

Vanilla Sanaki one-hit kills him with a +Atk nature. Vanilla Tharja one-round kills him with a +Spd nature.

Ah, gotcha.

I've had a pretty good time with this Tempest Trial, mostly because of Horse Emblem, it is so funny that I confidently throw them, plus Reposition and Draw Back are the best of best. Mae is my bonus unit and I'm at 35K right now, unlike last TT which I struggled A LOT, but my most favorite team is Axebreaker Cecilia, Lancebreaker Rein and Bowbreaker Xander because they cover almost everything except maybe bulky green mages like Merric. Going for Phantom Speed and then I'll do the daily quests for extra rewards.

@Soul~! WoM is the worst nightmare, you either have to chip enemies or get a clean kill. Speaking of that Fred, Axebreaker Cecilia one rounds him (43atk vs 11res, 32 x 2 dmg; +4 x 2 from Goad) or even Rein but Rein is REIN :P:

Edited by Quintessence