Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Huh. I never noticed it before, but both 11-3 and 11-5 are missing from the map rotation. So on 7-map Lunatic, the first three are always Alm's three paralogue maps, and then the next three are always 11-1, 11-2, and 11-4. In the last TT, you'd face a random 6 of the 10 potential maps before always fighting Veronica at the Validar map, but here, all 7 maps are fixed, with the only variation being the order.

It's nice to cut out the ones that could end up really obnoxious, and it does make it easier to get the hang of the different possibilities, but that makes it even more repetitive than I realized.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's nice to cut out the ones that could end up really obnoxious, and it does make it easier to get the hang of the different possibilities, but that makes it even more repetitive than I realized.

Nuibaba’s House of Horrors is a map I’ve never missed.

Alright, I finally got the Phantom Speed seal, which means I'm now done with it (for this month).

My last run went horrible, as I managed to lose my first two team in the first three maps (and those teams included most of my good units). I managed to put a third team toghether consisting of Hector, Lilina, Linde and M!Corrin (only Hector and Corrin had any SI, and Corrin's was just reposition), and just had to pray it'd work. Somehow it did and they got me to the last battle where Linde murdered almost the whole enemy side. I still needed a fourth team to finish up, but dealing with two damaged units was pretty doable, especially when I could pick them to do just that.

The funniest part was that I still got above 500 points, because I somehow managed to get an A for speed...

My Tempest run's all done~ I went slow (since I just wanted the Phantom Speed seal) and am at 40.1k. I used 5* 5* Alfonse, 5* Anna, Sharena, and Genny for my first team (since I wanted to give them all a near-equal amount of HM...and my other units needed more SI to work better with Sharena)...followed by 4* Tharja, 4* Nino, Azura, and 5* Masked Marth. I had to use the second team ~75% of the time, but my speed was generally an A, so my score wasn't too hurt by that. It was so nice to just take it easier and run through Hard rather than pulling my hair out over the Lunatic levels.

I hope all of your Tempest runs (if you're still doing them) are going well!

walked away with 50,000 points and none of the bonus heroes except tobin, too bad celica isn't a bonus hero, I could have used her. still, not bad considering how much I failed on that last TT, a shame phantom speed is nothing compared to quickened pulse. 

Seems just doing the three daily trials today was enough to get my score up into the top 50k.  I guess a lot of people stopped at 40k points and didn't even bother keeping up with the quests. I'm not in too safe of a position, so I'll see if I have to do any more to stay in 4k feather range.

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

I was quite happy to call it quits at 40k for the final seal - although I have to admit the tempest is a great way to grind up SP without thinking too much about it.

It also does pretty ridiculous things for hero merits as well. At the very least, I'm going to end these trials with 12 more characters at max merits than I had going into them. Granted, the bulk of those 12 were already halfway to max, but still. If I'm willing to dump stamina pots, I could get Minerva (1729) to make it 13 new members for the 2k club.

Anyways, it seems like a score upwards of 110k (mine is 110,145, rank 3,040) will be good enough for a spot in the top 5k even if you don't add to it any further. Which is good for me, as those 8,000 feathers will put me above 20,000 and allows me to look forward to promoting someone else to 5*s.

3 hours ago, Soul~! said:

A big step for humanity

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

I pray that you don't regret this, my experiences with tobin have been less than stellar.

then again, maybe I got a trash tobin.

When TT started, I promoted my barely used Reinhardt. He now has 9999 sp...

I've also finally reached 100k! 101.510 pts puts me at rank 8031. I should be good for top 10k! 6k feathers here I come! I would have aimed for top 5k but the grind has got to me and I don't want to touch TT anymore. 

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I pray that you don't regret this, my experiences with tobin have been less than stellar.

Tobin has no variance in his stats, as Phineas said. 46/31/27/33/26 will always be the stat spread he has to work with as a 5*.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Tobin has no variance in his stats, as Phineas said. 46/31/27/33/26 will always be the stat spread he has to work with as a 5*.

that's incredibly disappointing. I guess it's nice to get him in general, was the 5* TT marth any better? I never leveled my 4*.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that's incredibly disappointing. I guess it's nice to get him in general, was the 5* TT marth any better? I never leveled my 4*.

Free units never have variance- but at least Marth has Lucina's neutral stats (that is, pretty good).

Hero Battle units (Grand or otherwise) and quest units like the Sacred Seal ones are also given as neutral- if you want natured versions of those units, you have to Summon.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

"Marth" literally has the exact same stat spread as Lucina. "He" just has the disadvantage of being entirely reliant on skill inheritance and having +1 be "his" highest merge level.

23 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I've been contemplating this for a while, now. Just couldn't help how awesome Wo Dao looks on "Mercenary-like" characters. Saw it on Severa once, and I've almost been tempted to even use her. I wouldn't have jumped right into it if I didn't have faith in him or some sort of plan to back it up. Besides, it's not like it's impossible to get Athena back (since she's available as a *4, now).

Made the last jump from 80k to 100k.

Now my SP totals look like this:

Briceload- 9999

Reinfart- 6289

Lukas- 735

Olivia- 309

The team all the way back from Day 1 really was a solid one after all, only needing help from a second team for this final stretch maybe five or six times out of nearly 100 runs. Spectacular.

Now to put these orbs to good use.

Spoiler

I'm not really liking TT being a monthly event. There's monthly quests, voting gauntlets, and weekly arena runs already, and having this stamina sink becoming the norm is an even greater time investment than I thought it would be. /rant

For those of us who've finished already, what scores are you clocking in for the reset?

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Made the last jump from 80k to 100k.

Now my SP totals look like this:

Briceload- 9999

Reinfart- 6289

Lukas- 735

Olivia- 309

The team all the way back from Day 1 really was a solid one after all, only needing help from a second team for this final stretch maybe five or six times out of nearly 100 runs. Spectacular.

Now to put these orbs to good use.

Hide contents

I'm not really liking TT being a monthly event. There's monthly quests, voting gauntlets, and weekly arena runs already, and having this stamina sink becoming the norm is an even greater time investment than I thought it would be. /rant

For those of us who've finished already, what scores are you clocking in for the reset?

...who is "Briceload"?

Riceload = Cordelia.

Also, as long as I stay within 5k I don't care what I rank. So I'll only play another match if I feel I'm in danger of falling out of top 5k.

Edited by Sunwoo