Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that I don't know what you're talking about. But fine, who is "Riceload"?

It's an anagram of a certain redheaded female character.

Sunwoo why

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp when I pulled Reinhardt it renewed my interest in doing the tempest again because I needed to SP grind Reinhardt and he can do it there I am now in 50K and plan to make sure I stay there. Now my Reinhardt how has 3/4 full hero merit and almost 2000 sp.  Who knew that the simple act of not taking the same for 4  units would make the tempest severely less boring (as I varied my teams a bunch). This is still a bad mode that should be severely cut down because it only worked out because I just happened to pull Reinhardt right when this would be convenient and he's one of few units that can beneficially grind through here without hurting the score. 

Edited by Locke087

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Fine, don't answer the question.

C O R D E L I A

Technically the "Riceload" anagram originally came about when Caeldori's design was revealed and people started guessing at how her name might be localized, and "Riceload" was a jab at how poorly Treehouse could botch it.

Is that a good enough explanation for you

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

C O R D E L I A

Technically the "Riceload" anagram originally came about when Caeldori's design was revealed and people started guessing at how her name might be localized, and "Riceload" was a jab at how poorly Treehouse could botch it.

No. Not good enough. Explain moar.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

C O R D E L I A

Lol all the anagrams. There's gotta be more though... :/

Somehow... I managed to hit 40k points. How exhausting. I need another nap.

44 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

For those of us who've finished already, what scores are you clocking in for the reset?

55533. I like that number, and it will stay.

I'm done.

FtMgjLi.png

If I wake up tomorrow to see I fell out of the top 5k I'm going to be really annoyed lol

Main team was Ike/Hector/Mae/Wrys until Wrys capped his HM, and was subbed out for Serra.  Camus/Eldigan/Reinhardt/Priscilla cleaned up if the main squad fell apart at some point.  I could probably count the number of times I had to deploy a third team on one hand.  Special shoutout to WoM and Frederick in particular for ruining more perfect runs than I care to count.  Jerk.

Well, this was a pretty relaxing Tempest Trials. Didn't even have to restore my stamina ever. Got to 50,237 points, once I got past 50,000 I stopped playing it. Anyways hopefully the next one is as nice as this one is, easier to get points would be awesome.

43,133 points for rank 47,156. Seems solid, since the drop rate for the past few hours has been nowhere near enough to add up to a few thousand ranks anytime soon.

IMG_0008_1.png

That's a wrap.

Closing thoughts:

So while it may have seemed like I was better equipped (mentally and strategically) than last time, I wasn't. Messed up a disgusting amount of times, and 70-80% of my score was probably coming from shitty 200 point runs. Some, I even ragequit at 40-100 when one of my characters died. It was really frustrating, and it ocassionally stale the experience as a whole. It's almost chore-like, I want to say.

Would I go through this again? Yeah. This is the game's way of giving you a ton of shit, but only if you're willing to work for it. And I sure did. While I had a lot of time, I slacked for the better part of the first week, and only began running on 10+k (12k for three days straight) a few days ago. Highly worth the amount of prices in Orbs and Feathers. Maybe next time, I'll actually go for the 100+k for the Top 1000 or whatever.

Fuck this shit, I'm going to train Tobin.

EDIT: also it's hilarious how much of an advantage you get for using Bonus Units. Like, I could literally get more points from surrendering with Sharena than from going deathless with my main team.

Edited by Soul~!

Only got a decent enough squad to attempt the Tempest about five days ago, so I'm clocking in at a dismal score of 3,095. I had to spend the majority of my runs in the first stage so I didn't even make it to 4* Tobin. That said, now I have a squad functional enough to get through at least the second stage and by the time the next Tempest rolls in I'm hoping to be even better. With the full two weeks I should be able to get the 4* unit no problem and I really want to push hard to get the 5*. We'll have to see what happens. I'm really hoping one of my units gets a bonus, I had nothing for this one except Shareena and she still needs work. Definitely looking forward to the next Tempest. 

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm done.

FtMgjLi.png

If I wake up tomorrow to see I fell out of the top 5k I'm going to be really annoyed lol

Main team was Ike/Hector/Mae/Wrys until Wrys capped his HM, and was subbed out for Serra.  Camus/Eldigan/Reinhardt/Priscilla cleaned up if the main squad fell apart at some point.  I could probably count the number of times I had to deploy a third team on one hand.  Special shoutout to WoM and Frederick in particular for ruining more perfect runs than I care to count.  Jerk.

Yea & screw you & talents too.

Anyways final score is 82,759

I have no idea how you guys clock over 90,000 mark without the bonus units.

Finishing up with a score of 100,038, that's it I'm calling it done those last three orbs may or may not have been worth the effort. I would have liked to rank higher than 11983, but I'm getting on a plane tomorrow so I don't have the time or energy to do anymore runs tonight.

My friend on AWBW who plays this ended with 140,304. She really wanted the 10K feathers, but missed it by very few places.

Think of everyone more dedicated than her that placed in front of her... and meanwhile, I'm content hanging around 80K points.

36 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My friend on AWBW who plays this ended with 140,304. She really wanted the 10K feathers, but missed it by very few places.

Think of everyone more dedicated than her that placed in front of her... and meanwhile, I'm content hanging around 80K points.

The thought that I could have grinded that much and STILL not made the top 1k actually makes me feel a bit better about what I'm about to rant about, thought I DID say that top 1k would be 150 to 200k in points.

Rant Inbound.

Spoiler

WELP, the guy that hit 100k a week early is ending this trial in the 6k rankings. First my iPhone battery is kaput so it can't hold a charge longer than a couple of minutes without dying and needing a blowdryer to get it to come back on. Then the battery stops recognizing my charger cord half the time leading to multiple cases of "oops your phone went off!" when I think I'm alright. Then wednesday, my cord itself finally dies and my phone shortly after and with no other charger in the house (or Phone I can use) I am 100% out of gas.

Fast forward to today. I'm looking for alternative means of playing FEH, nephews/neices have tablets but they're all stored away, looking around online burning hours into things that don't work out and I finally get something working at around 10:00 PM and see that I'm in the 6ks, I think yeah ok I can do this, play for about 40 minutes and get to 5.6k in ranking with some... hiccups. Then an unexpected RL thing happens and I'm literally busy from 11 PM to 3 AM, the reset. I hit 100k twice as fast as I did last time and I have the exact same 6000 feather reward regardless. It was as if the world was against me this last week. That's coming from someone that was in the top 1k the entire first week of the trials.

Next time I'll get those 10k feathers... I promise that.

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm done.

FtMgjLi.png

You're telling me that all I needed to get top 5k was another 6k points? I was at 106k... probably needed even less than that. Unbelievable. 

tl;dr, I'm salty as f***. Screw it, getting a new battery.

Edited by Zeo

I had over 140K points though I haven't gotten my feathers yet (game mode still calculating results at the time of writing this post).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Can't even remember how many points I had, was around rank ~400 at the time I stopped (7 minutes left I think). People had a small rush towards the end, but I want all the feathers! I'm not gonna torture my soul into oblivion to be second best, No sir, I won't. (Just watch me fall off the top 1k in the last moment, lol)

Anyways, thank Naga it's over.... till next time, ugh...... I might hate TT as much as gauntlets if this goes on, who knows, though the rewards are still nice.

55,533 points is rank 26,413 and 4,000 feathers. Good riddance, tempest over Valentia.
Pls Jugdral next. Was the cutscene a foreshadowing for another Valentian tempest? kmp if yes

Edited by Vaximillian

Got my 8k feathers with 114k points and around 2,400th rank. I could have pushed for the 1k range but I really didn't feel like it anymore and it sounded like it'd take another 25-30k worth of points to get in that range.

I got to 90k and called it a fucking day. I don't have the time or effort to play such a repetitive game for 2 hours a day just to earn all the possible rewards. Which, by the way, are shit. The time investment to orb ratio is complete wank.

Hit around 45k, got 4000 feathers, that's all for this one.

Everyone catch that ending? ...... Dammit all! Another SoV one would be a DUMB call. Might not be, but that#'s what's being hinted at.

Well, the thing I was working on from 11 PM to 3AM yesterday/today turned out to be for nothing and I actually could have just grinded out to get to top 5k for the 8k feathers. Instead I'm sitting here with 6k. Not 18k feathers, not 16k, 14k, it'll take probably 2 weeks at this point to hit 20k.

Still incredibly, incredibly salty. This tempest was really easy, the same might not be able to be said for the next one.

Edited by Zeo