CG cutscenes look stiff

I haven't bought nor played the game but I've seen plenty of the cutscenes from trailers and such on Youtube and the first thing I noticed was the CG cutscenes seem rather stiff to me, as if they're missing frames. Compared to Awakening and Fates' CG cutscenes that look more fluid, the ones in SoV look odd. I mean I seriously doubt it'll ruin my experience with the game but it is a bit off-putting cause from a screenshot it looks pretty but in motion not so much. What are your thoughts on the cutscenes animation?

Edited by Ronnie

They are definitely inferior to Awakening and Fates' cutscene but i wouldn't say they are bad. The Alm vs Rudolf custcene has excellent fight choreography and the Alm and Celica reunion cutscene is one of my favorite cutscenes in the entire series.

It seems like they fell into the unfortunate trend of anime going 3D but trying to look as 2D as possible (biggest example is the recent Berserk anime).

I don't like them too much-- if you're going 3D, go 3D. Don't run everything at sub-10 FPS to try and fool people.

Those CG Cutscenes still looks good for me. Try to slide the 3D Slider to 3D and they'll might show up better. I never tried to use the 3D off on one of the CG cutscenes in this game before.

I think part of the cutscene jank, is to make it seem like a 90's anime. Give the feel for what it would be like if Gaiden had cutscenes 25 years ago. 

Really, the slower, less action pact cutscenes definitely look choopy, like Alm's cutscene at the beginning of Act: 4, however, the more action pact ones, like the battle with Alm and Rudolf in Act: 2, IMO is really well done.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with certain cutscenes. Like watching Fernand walk to the door in the Berkut introduction scene. Meanwhile the rest of the scene is fine in this regard. 

But if I had to point to the worst scenes in the game, it's definitely the ones using in-game models.  The Clive and Fernand battle scene was excellent until Fernand started speaking. Ditto with Berkut speaking to Alm in the scene where they meet. Body language is too expressive, looks especially goofy with characters sitting on their horses. Giving us an art piece of the characters with text boxes would have been better conveyed the emotion. Like how in the prologue, Mycen shows up with a glorious CG.

If I recall right, SoV was done by a separate team to the ones that work on the main series of games, likely due to having the bulk of the employees working on FE Switch. Probably the same goes for the CGI team, as the animation quality in Fire Emblem has been fairly good ever since it started in Path of Radiance, with SoV's taking a bit of a step back by comparison.

I think it had to be intentional? Like the movements seem to be imitating stop motion for some reason? All of the movements have that sudden jerkiness to them that those dolls tend to have. Alm's end game scene with Celica in particular had elaborate movements that were at the same time jerky.

Virtually every scene is like that, though. It's 2017, even if the cg was farmed out AND on a time crunch, there's other cost cutting measures to be had.