Help Deckbuilding.

So I'm in Tokyo for about two weeks, and I wanted to use the opportunity to get into the TCG for one of my video game series.

Only problem is I have absolutely zero idea where to start. I tried playing the game on Lackey a bit with a friend, so I know the basic rules, but nothing beyond that.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

There's a few fair guidelines to deck building but I should cover basics. 

First you gotta pick your Main Character or Lord as they would call it - and then build a deck around it. It has to be a unit with a deployment cost of exactly 1. 

As for the rest... this video will cover most of what you want basically.

Another thing to do is check out twitter for #fecipher, which has decklists from Japan. They're good inspiration if you wanna build something up.

On July 2, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Fruity Insanity said:

So I'm in Tokyo for about two weeks, and I wanted to use the opportunity to get into the TCG for one of my video game series.

Only problem is I have absolutely zero idea where to start. I tried playing the game on Lackey a bit with a friend, so I know the basic rules, but nothing beyond that.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

When you get a Main Character for your Deck picked out, add it on here and I'll see if I know any cards that go well with them off the top of my head. Not sure I can help as much as Vince(though I doubt anyone really can match him), but I'll give you what help I've got to give.

Did you watch the deckbuilding guide I linked before?

Other than that, I've fetched a few decks from twitter for Marth and Lucina at least.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDuZFyPUwAEIYT0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDDolVVUIAAr8bn.jpg

if you require certain knowledge about the card game itself and what certain cards do, I recommend looking at another source (the wiki) or joining a specific *cough* certain community that plays the game online so you know how to play the game.

5 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Nino is expensive whyyyyy.

THEY'RE JUST CARDS. ;-;

Tell that to any serious Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! player.

She's probably the best Draw Support card in the entire game not to mention adorable. SR Deidre and Signed SR Lilina are probably the only cards that compete with her for cost because they're at least as good.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

not to mention adorable

Read: Kawaii uguuuuuuu. Urgh.

She costs roughly a box, because she "heals" (adds a copy of a card from your Retreat to your hand) copies of your Champion, which can then be used to prolong the game, as you now have more copies to use Godspeed Evasions on, preventing your Champion from being destroyed by battle. In addition, as SoulWeaver has mentioned, she also provides immense drawing support, should you use her skill "I will protect my family!" to stack (place a card on top of your deck to "rig" your next support, not to be confused with the term for the cards underneath a unit used for LvS) a Apprentice Black Fang, Nino, for a net +1 and filter, for just 1 Bond flip. 1-to-1 is an ideal that most can't keep up with.

Once you do get an idea of a deck together, do start playing casually first before diving head in to being as optimized as possible.

Expanding and getting a feel of the game is just as important as seeing how to win. 

As an experienced card player in other TCGs, do what you want but don't go too hard or else you'll burnout real fast.