Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I managed to clear lunatic with some help from @Arcanite! He's awesome. :3

I've never even tried an infernal difficulty map though, let alone beaten one... I'd love those orbs, but I don't know if I have what's needed.

Well thanks for calling me awesome! :P I'm not a "he" though, I'm a robot

If you can build your Nino, I think you could have a shot!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well thanks for calling me awesome! :P I'm not a "he" though, I'm a robot

If you can build your Nino, I think you could have a shot!

Yeah, but I can't give her Desperation 3 right now... I can give her Fury, but that's about it.

I don't understand why people still complain it's 'to hard'. I'm F2p and never had any problem clearing a map so far.
On youtube are plenty of guides for the ones struggling to clear the maps aswell. 

I bet Cecilia/Ursula/Xander/Camus, which are all F2P units, can clear any map :).

6 hours ago, Kiran said:

Took a few tries but I did it! Team of

5* Nino +2 (Fury, Desperation, AOE special, HP+3 seal)

5*Alfonse (Red tomebreaker, Fortify res seal)

5*Ephraim (Hone speed)

4* Oliva.(vanilla)

Strategy: 

Finally beat Infernal, took 2 stamina potions! I used a Strategy Similar to this one, but with a different team. ( thanks kiran for the help)

I used the following team all 5 stars and no merges

- Nino (Fury 2, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, and +1 Atk Seal.)
- Eirika (Darting Blow 3, Drag Back, Hone Speed 3, and Spur def Seal.

-Sharena ( Vanilla + Drag Back)

- Olivia (TA2, Axe breaker 3, Spur Atack 3, and fortify Res seal.)

Drag Back created some interesting oportunities for my units to finish of celica and also to get themselves out of danger. 

5 minutes ago, Armend said:

I don't understand why people still complain it's 'to hard'. I'm F2p and never had any problem clearing a map so far.
On youtube are plenty of guides for the ones struggling to clear the maps aswell. 

I bet Cecilia/Ursula/Xander/Camus, which are all F2P units, can clear any map :).

1. Some people don't have the units to replicate others' strategies. Many of the earlier players may have sent home their free Hero Battle units, and others may have used them for Skill Inheritance.
  2. Players that started later don't have access to certain Grand Hero Battle characters. Ursula and Xander, for example, were most recently obtainable quite some time ago, and others may not have had units trained up to complete more recent Grand Hero Battles.
  3. Free-to-players might not have the feathers necessary to promote certain units, like Xander and Camus, whose roles are defined by their 5-star-exclusive weapon.
  4. Nino and Odin, who are the only sources of Gronnblade(+) and Blarblade(+), respectively, are also random pulls.
  5. Training 1-star and 2-star units for promotion is extremely tedious.

I can't believe Mkv and the Sakura guy have already beaten infernal, that's pretty damn amazing. If I can't clear infernal using some of the strategies I, uh, borrow from here then I'll try Mkv's. (Unfortunately, my Palla is like level 12.)

HHH finally beat Infernal. at some point i realized that i had R. Tomebreaker on my Klein as leftovers from inheriting Moonbow and that he could kill Celica with it, which was helpful.

Felicia, Klein, Camus, and Lon'qu

footage below..

Spoiler

i really liked this challenge, it was the first one that really had me stumped for a while, but i could also do it eventually without outside help, which is the perfect difficulty level for me and made beating it satisfying. Mkv makes me want to cry though (in a good way?)

sanaki/robin-f/olivia/reinhardt (unneeded) breezed through hard & lunatic. forever appreciative of getting sanaki. rein wasn't needed, i had other options, but i mean if you have a nuke use a nuke. Hilariously I think that lance cavalier is desigend to counter Reinhardt? Even with lance breaker and luna he left it with 1 HP.

infernal i just could not wrap my head around. Tried different kiting, different combinations, just screwed over in different ways. It took 2 tries for me t orealize they moved where the blue mage starts: specifically to counter, i can onl assume, any blue tome breakers. I know abusing MKV strats isn't the best thing in the world, but i find it really impressive how he's able to figure out just the right positioning and also i just wanted the orbs now

You know something is wrong with your strategy if you wasted 10 stamina potions trying to beat Lunatic (aka Me).

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

You know something is wrong with your strategy if you wasted 10 stamina potions trying to beat Lunatic (aka Me).

I started typing how it's not that bad with arguments and stuff, but then realized "lunatic". What happened, friend?

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I started typing how it's not that bad with arguments and stuff, but then realized "lunatic". What happened, friend?

I honestly don't know. I had 20 potions. I didn't really care at the time when I kept losing. Then when I finally realized, I was down to 10 potions.

The best reason probably was that I just wasn't thinking. I kept making dumb choices. My team was Felicia, Nino, Ninian, and M!Robin. One of the dumb choices was placing Felicia right in front of Alm or the cavalier. I kept ignoring them thinking that I could kill the mages while staying safe.

That aside, I finally beat the map at least. Onto infernal!

7 hours ago, JSND said:

How does Kagero matches up vs the initial Green Magi?

+Spd L&D3 STILL gets Windswept unless you have Spd Seal on. Even then, he has too much HP to OHKO, so she has to hold that damage. Nothing can really be Vantage OHKOed on this map.

Depending on your lineup, it could be worth it.

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also, on the note of you saying don't need to kill things ASAP.

Maybe you're still in Legion Infernal muscle memory.

Nah, I was losing because I wanted to kill everything as fast as possible, when I didn't need to. I could just back out and bait like mkv, except I can ORKO by baiting with 5* Anna.

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nah, I was losing because I wanted to kill everything as fast as possible, when I didn't need to.

I just used Bride Cordelia and let her get hit by the Windsweep mage Turn 1 so she could Escape Route all over the map. Anything that wasn't on a defense tile got deleted the turn after.

Ugh Celica though, even with a Hone buff and a Draconic Aura proc, she still lived with like 1 HP, so I chipped her with a melee before finishing her off with Cordelia.

I tried playing defensively before with some other teams and got overwhelmed, so I just stuck with a hyper-offensive comp and beat Infernal that way.

Whoever suggested titania, THANK YOU.

Beat infernal with:

celica with moonbow,

4* ruby sword fury2 swordbreaker 1 olivia with spur res seal,

Titania with fury 2 glacias and HP+3

Nutural Rein with death blow 3 moonbow, reposition and QP seal.

With olivia's spur atk celica kills the green mage on turn 2 while titania tanks it and kills blue cav. Then fall back out of range of enemy celica, put titania on the left side and let celica tank the axe flier. Titania kills cav mage and celica and olivia kills the axe flier. Rein barely survives chipping celica then special charged titania kills celica. Now dance around while alm gets chipped by rein and celica.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I just used Bride Cordelia and let her get hit by the Windsweep mage Turn 1 so she could Escape Route all over the map. Anything that wasn't on a defense tile got deleted the turn after.

Ugh Celica though, even with a Hone buff and a Draconic Aura proc, she still lived with like 1 HP, so I chipped her with a melee before finishing her off with Cordelia.

I tried playing defensively before with some other teams and got overwhelmed, so I just stuck with a hyper-offensive comp and beat Infernal that way.

Well RIP me and my hundred dollars because I don't have her lol.

I think this was the toughest GHB for me so far.  Hmm, or maybe tied with Ursula's?  I recall that one being quite difficult.

It took me more tries than I care to admit.  I played around with the team several times and beat Infernal with Olivia, Nino, Bride Cordelia, and Reinhardt.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well RIP me and my hundred dollars because I don't have her lol.

Gotta use what you have, right?

A mage with a net +22 to all stats when attacked at 2 range is beyond me, and that's ignoring both the defense tile and the stat inflation.

I want to see more HB's like this and Legion honestly.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A mage with a net +22 to all stats when attacked at 2 range is beyond me, and that's ignoring both the defense tile and the stat inflation.

To be fair, only 16 of those stat points actually matter at any given time.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, only 16 of those stat points actually matter at any given time.

Blessed Bow: deals damage with both a defence and a resistance check.

You know, just in case you missed the memo about archers.

I beat Lunatic the other day, but it took me a good few tries. Honestly, I had the team I ended up clearing with in use from the start, but I kept making stupid positioning mistakes while figuring things out.

Azura, Tharja, Cordelia and S Camilla. Tharja was such a godly unit on this map. She took a hit from the green mage to start off the map, killed him the next turn, did 2/3 Damage to Alm and then towards the end she body blocked the axe flier's attacks twice to buy time for Cordelia and Azura dancing her to finish off Alm and take out Celica. I was really surprised to see her clutch tank that guy for me.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Blessed Bow: deals damage with both a defence and a resistance check.

You know, just in case you missed the memo about archers.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

15 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Weird, did she get the boost from Olivia's hone attack? I also have the fortify Res seal on Olivia for more damage, but that part might have been a bit overkill. I don't think She was in range of Lilina's spur attack, and we pretty much have the same set. (mine is +def, -res and has moonbow, but that doesn't activate against the lance cav).

[...]

Now it worked, even if i just did the same thing again. I forgot about the specials, my Nino got Moonbow as well. Cecila moved a little different (to the left), but in this way i could soften her a little with Olivia before Reinhardt finished her. 

Thanks! 

I finally beat Infernal after a stamina potion or two! Have to admit though, I used mkv's strategy with just a bit of switching around units lol.