Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Trying to do Infernal and getting absolutely nowhere and wasting stamina. So here’s what I’m trying to do:

Celica w/ max summoner support, distant def and g tomebraker kills the green mage (though she needs an attack buff, I think).

Typical +atk Rein build takes out the lance cavalier.

Nino takes care of the blue mage cav.

and then... it gets pretty cramped, and my team just dies. Rein cannot ORKO the enemy Celica, and he cant reach Alm either. And nobody can touch the axe flier. I also have a dancer which is usually either Inigo or Shigure as they can give extra buffs through refreshing others.

but as I said, I run out of room to manuvre and someone gets picked off. What to do? Having 4 more orbs would be really nice...

Celica is indeed a pain, my Male Robin one round from her since he has T-Adept though. So if Shigure has a special T-Adept that should at least be able to hold her off, or allow him to take a hit.

I did it with Azura Male Robin Nino and Celica myself. My Nino killed everything, except the green axe, Alm, and Celica. Azura and Male Robin fought off Alm and Celica, while Axe Breaker Celica killed the flier

Perhaps you can do the same? Celica had hone speed to help nino double everything. I havent looked at stats so i dont know thresholds and whatnot

Edited by Arcanite

Managed to get all the quests done.  Used the story missions to let Alfonse and Sharena get their kills, them used Cecilia and CYLyn for the BHB.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't bring back the associated Banner or reset the missions, so we could get Orbs again.  At least with GHBs, we get another copy of the unit, here's a bit meh.

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Celica is indeed a pain, my Male Robin one round from her since he has T-Adept though. So if Shigure has a special T-Adept that should at least be able to hold her off, or allow him to take a hit.

I did it with Azura Male Robin Nino and Celica myself. My Nino killed everything, except the green axe, Alm, and Celica. Azura and Male Robin fought off Alm and Celica, while Axe Breaker Celica killed the flier

Perhaps you can do the same? Celica had hone speed to help nino double everything. I havent looked at stats so i dont know thresholds and whatnot

I used Azura as my dancer this time (all she did was dance I think) and gave my Nino the atk+1 sacred seal so she could take out the lance cav (it would survive with 1HP otherwise). And somehow I managed to do it this time! Thank god Rein could eat an attack from Alm ?

2 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I used Azura as my dancer this time (all she did was dance I think) and gave my Nino the atk+1 sacred seal so she could take out the lance cav (it would survive with 1HP otherwise). And somehow I managed to do it this time! Thank god Rein could eat an attack from Alm ?

Well there you have it~ Congrats on your orbs~~

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: Could be a challenge to solve all quests in one run. @Alexmender Has Cecilia been essential for your strategy? 

Kinda, Cecilia's job is to tank the green mage in Enemy Phase to kill him next round and then kill the Blue mounted mage, I believe this can be done by a Fury Nino and Nekura or any mage tank who can reach 39 speed with buffs (or 33 if you give them the Phantom speed seal).

In any case my Cecilia is relatively budget with Gronnblade (not +), LnD 2, Desperation and Hone Cavalry, the biggest deal is that mine is 4*+8 which I think can be overcome with a 5* with Gronnblade+ and LnD3.

Got infernal done with my regular group of Celica, Linde, Ike, and Cherche. Cherche absolutely needed drag back to get out of the range of Celica and the blue mage, but could and needed to survive a hit from the green mage (thank god for windsweep keeping him from doubling her). Ike ended up taking two Ragnaroks to the face, but Aether activated on his counter in between. He should be able to survive her if he runs red tomebreaker if timing his special activation doesn't work (though my Ike is +1 and has an hp+3 seal, which may have made the difference between Celica one shotting or two shotting him)

@SatsumaFSoysoy Not sure if i'm satisfied with this but Brynhildr OP

https://imgur.com/a/YNlE1

@Arcanite Your turn bruh, although i'm honestly surprised you don't even upgrade Askr trio(how did you get Arena Bonus units for every season lol)

38 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Not sure if i'm satisfied with this but Brynhildr OP

No Sharena lol. Read the challenge again.

@Hilda Finally had time to review your video, and your challenge actually would have ended in failure if Sharena had attacked instead of Alfonse. Sharena had 28 HP, and Fury would have brought that down to 22 after attacking. She would be in a position where Alfonse would be unable to remove her from the Green mage's range, and Wrys' healing would bring her up to 29 HP. The Green mage does 47*1.2 - 25 = 31 damage to Sharena. So unfortunately, Alfonse attacking instead of Sharena actually mattered. It was an impressive run all the same, considering the Askrs are hardly the easiest characters to use.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

30 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Hilda Finally had time to review your video, and your challenge actually would have ended in failure if Sharena had attacked instead of Alfonse. Sharena had 28 HP, and Fury would have brought that down to 22 after attacking. She would be in a position where Alfonse would be unable to remove her from the Green mage's range, and Wrys' healing would bring her up to 29 HP. The Green mage does 47*1.2 - 25 = 31 damage to Sharena. So unfortunately, Alfonse attacking instead of Sharena actually mattered. It was an impressive run all the same, considering the Askrs are hardly the easiest characters to use.

Wait its supposed to be both? lol

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Alright so, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Challenge:

- Infernal
- Must use Alfonse and Sharena
- Alfonse must kill Celica, Sharena must kill Alm
- No Brave Bow, Blade tomes or Reinhardt (and Brave Roy, according to JSND? I personally don't think it's a problem if you use him, though)

Anyone up for this lol? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Done.

+0 Alfonse [=] (Folkvangr, Sol, Death Blow 3, Spur Atk 3)
+0 Sharena [=] (Fensalir, Rally Atk, Speed +3, Fortify Def 3, Phantom Spd 3)
+3 Titania [+Spd, -Res] (Emerald Axe+, Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Counter, Guard 3, Hone Cavalry)
+1 Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] (Raudhrraven+, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3)

Vanilla Alfonse and Sharena. Sharena needs Phantom Spd 2 to avoid Alm's Windsweep 3 after being hit by Threaten Spd 3. That and Fensalir's innate Threaten Atk 2 allows her to duel Alm and win without additional support.

The usual imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/h3Yw9.

30 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here small update just for you Sastuma, same strategy just different positioning at the end fullfilling all conditions:

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Ice Dragon Damn, bringing out the DC Titania. Respect the built Sophia, too. Have you done a Peri run of this BHB?

Titania and Sophia are some of my go-to units for niche counters.

I actually just finished my Peri solo (started after your post). I'll post it up sometime later today.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Arcanite Your turn bruh, although i'm honestly surprised you don't even upgrade Askr trio(how did you get Arena Bonus units for every season lol)

Meh

Ill make an attempt when I feel like it I guess

Also when your team is merged high enough you can easily just use a 4 star and you'll promote to 20 nice and easy. Horses need a bit more merges though ;)

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Kinda, Cecilia's job is to tank the green mage in Enemy Phase to kill him next round and then kill the Blue mounted mage, I believe this can be done by a Fury Nino and Nekura or any mage tank who can reach 39 speed with buffs (or 33 if you give them the Phantom speed seal).

In any case my Cecilia is relatively budget with Gronnblade (not +), LnD 2, Desperation and Hone Cavalry, the biggest deal is that mine is 4*+8 which I think can be overcome with a 5* with Gronnblade+ and LnD3.

BH!Lyn did the job, killing the green mage on first EP and the blue mage on the following PP. 

On 11/3/2017 at 6:19 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

- Infernal
- No Brave Bow, Blade tomes or Reinhardt (and Brave Roy, according to JSND? I personally don't think it's a problem if you use him, though)

Anyone up for this lol? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

Ah, that was fun, I should check these threads more. Won with Felicia and Cherche (setup in spoiler).

Spoiler

No supports used at all, Felicia is +1 with +spd/-def, and Cherche is +atk/-hp

Felicia pretty much just baited all the mages (go go feather duster), and it was pretty fortunate that she left Celica barely alive for Alfonse to finish off. Cherche took out the Lance Cavalier and the Axe Flier.

Spoiler

Edited by Johann

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

- Infernal

Why doesn't @JSND Alter Dragon Boner issue his challenges himself? Just curious.

My attempt actually ended up pretty similar to my original Infernal clear, where I used -owl Katarina to wreck the Green Mage's face on T2 (and tank a single hit from Alm 'cause Def tile OP), F!Robin to take on the Blue cav, Azura for Fortify Res and general song power, and F!Corrin to take a shot from the Lance Cav. F!Robin is the same, Sophia stepped into Katarina's role, and I used Reposition to make up for the lack of dancer power.

• 5* Alfonse (neutral): Fólkvangr, Reposition, Daylight, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3, no seal
  • 5* Sharena (neutral): Fensalir, Reposition, Moonbow, Spd +3, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Atk 1, Atk +1
  • 5* +1 Sophia (+Atk/-Spd): Rauðrraven+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 2, Quick Riposte 2, Fortify Res 3, Quickened Pulse
  • 4* Robin - Mystery Tactician (Neutral): Gronnwolf, No Assist, Ignis, Defiant Res 2, B Tomebreaker 3, No C Passive, Squad Ace C 1 (unnecessary, I'm actually not sure how that got onto her...)
Spoiler