• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Get @Jedi in here, stat.

RGaYS2c.png@Jedi ヽRGaYS2c.png

That's my way of summoning people; don't judge...  And yes, I know there's no point to me pinging him as well, but I guess it's like those kids who push the walk across button on traffic lights ten dozen times; it doesn't actually do anything, but it just feels right.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this too. It'd even be out of character for Frederick to not be present since this is Frederick we're talking about. lol But Frederick is not popular (more middle of the pack in that category) and there are other notable cavs who could get in over him like Cain and Abel, and especially Leo and Elise too. So I'm still not getting my hopes up real high...

I mean, none of those guys can use axes, though, can they?  And who better to take on the role of Great Knight and Jeigan-esque unit?  Plus, how could he not get in when his two main VIPs are running amok?  Someone's gotta patch up those walls, clear the pebbles, take inventory, and generally keep them from getting too messy.  Do you want bone-cracking, old as hell Jeigan to do it instead?

My point is, Fred has plenty of merits that give him a decent shot of getting in.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why can't we have both?

Because Bred Chrom didn't get his moment of glory in Sm4sh.

Though seriously, I'm not too concerned either way.  I like Lucina, but if she ain't in (which I highly doubt she isn't in at this point), I can let that slide.

Edited by Ertrick36

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I mean, none of those guys can use axes, though, can they?  And who better to take on the role of Great Knight and Jeigan-esque unit?  Plus, how could he not get in when his two main VIPs are running amok?  Someone's gotta patch up those walls, clear the pebbles, take inventory, and generally keep them from getting too messy.  Do you want bone-cracking, old as hell Jeigan to do it instead?

My point is, Fred has plenty of merits that give him a decent shot of getting in.

Yeah, but I can see them making the excuse of "too many horses" if all those guys plus Frederick were considered since they already pulled the dumb "too many swords" card. That's not even factoring in characters like Peri, Silas, Stahl, and Sully who have a chance too. >.>

Still, I agree, Frederick is the best candidate for a Jagen-type and axe-wielding Great Knight cavalier unit. And he's probably the most popular Jagen/Oifey not named Titania or Seth, whose chances are probably nada for obvious reasons. The others aren't as well known/notable, and did anyone really like Gunter? lol

Edited by Anacybele

Probably revealing one or more of the three characters that were leaked, but this week is Cordelia's Birthday, so I'm holding onto unrealistic expectations, just like what I do in every other aspect of my life.

Edited by pik3rob

6 minutes ago, pik3rob said:

Probably revealing one or more of the three characters that were leaked, but this week is Cordelia's Birthday, so I'm holding onto unrealistic expectations, just like what I do in every other aspect of my life.

I think they'll get the more main characters out of the way, but she has a good shot at least.

@Anacybele Even if he isn't revealed yet, I'd say he has high chances-- they're definitely showing an Awakening bias, and unless they roll Gunter he's the only mounted axe user they've got.

But yeah, add me into the Robin/Lissa/Lucina bandwagon. 

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Anacybele Even if he isn't revealed yet, I'd say he has high chances-- they're definitely showing an Awakening bias, and unless they roll Gunter he's the only mounted axe user they've got.

Yeah, that's about the only reason I have any hope for him though...

29 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Actually, I'd say Freddy's main competition is Walhart as far as axe wielding cavs. Neither Fred nor Gunter have a unique weapon, and they gotta pull some villains from these games. Plus Walhart is the most direct antagonist to Chrom the way I see it. Both unite their continents over different ideologies, and most of the other villains are either antagonistic to Emm or Robin.

Edited by Gustavos

17 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Actually, I'd say Freddy's main competition is Walhart as far as axe wielding cavs. Neither Fred nor Gunter have a unique weapon, and they gotta pull some villains from these games. Plus Walhart is the most direct antagonist to Chrom the way I see it. Both unite their continents over different ideologies, and most of the other villains are either antagonistic to Emm or Robin.

...I forgot Walhart... 

Alright then.

Ugh, if Frederick is left in the dust for some flat boring villain like Walhart, I will be very sad...

Besides, if Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, villains aren't available to play as until you unlock them through some other mode. Frederick would surely become available during the story.

And who cares if Frederick doesn't have a unique weapon?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, pik3rob said:

Oh I think Cordelia is a pretty realistic expectation. She seems one of Awakenings more popular females and thus a solid candidate for its pegasus rider.

Frederick is a less safe bet but I personally find myself rooting for him to make it in, though if its a choice between him and Walhart I would prefer the later. 

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh I think Cordelia is a pretty realistic expectation. She seems one of Awakenings more popular females and thus a solid candidate for its pegasus rider.

Cordelia getting in isn't unrealistic, but the chances of her being revealed this week kind of are.

14 minutes ago, pik3rob said:

Cordelia getting in isn't unrealistic, but the chances of her being revealed this week kind of are.

Really? All I can think about is how her birthday is this Friday.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And who cares if Frederick doesn't have a unique weapon?

Well I notice every player character confirmed so far has one. I don't expect every player character to have one in the full game, but there will probably be more that do then don't. Plus unique weapons are cool! Even if I don't remember what Walhart's axe is called off the top of my head. And I'm usually pretty good with naming regalia....

Just now, Gustavos said:

Well I notice every player character confirmed so far has one. I don't expect every player character to have one in the full game, but there will probably be more that do then don't. Plus unique weapons are cool! Even if I don't remember what Walhart's axe is called off the top of my head. And I'm usually pretty good with naming regalia....

That's just it, like you said, not every character in the game will have a unique weapon, thus why I said what I said. xP

I'll probably cancel my preorder if neither Frederick nor Ike are in this game. It would mean that the only one of my favorites that would be in the game is Ryoma and that's not enough reason to spend $60, especially when I have no income right now and probably still won't when this game comes out.

I play Warriors mainly for the characters and gameplay. The story in HW wasn't spectacular or anything, just okay.

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Me too, but with how there are leaked characters, I'd say that they want to get their reveals out of the way first.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Still, I agree, Frederick is the best candidate for a Jagen-type and axe-wielding cavalier unit. And he's probably the most popular Jagen/Oifey not named Titania or Seth. The others aren't as well known, and did anyone really like Gunter? lol

I liked Gunter...'s voice.  That's about it, really, though they hardly gave him much time to actually shine apart from certain pointless things they did to him during Revelation which were out of character anyway.

Spoiler

Betrayal of liege ill befits a man who had too much honor and care for his family to become Garon's right hand man.  Just another case of the evil plot possession at work.

15 minutes ago, JDtheBA said:

All I'm hoping is something unpredictable. In a good way please.

I like the way you slyly avoided that Monkey Paw wish.

I want something a little different, too.  I'm not expecting it at all, but I'd like for them to throw a wild card somewhere.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT. WHO HAS DISTRUBED MY... 

Oh its you two @Elieson @Ertrick36

Are you actually an evil dragon demi-god thing?

I hope this news pleases the Jedi.

5 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I totally forgot about him, actually.

I see the rationale in what you said, but he does have other villains to contend with if they're gonna be limiting the villain roster.  Basically, he has some different factors than Frederick for deciding if he'll be included or not, but I know folks like Thane would want to see him, and from Awakening he's at least more popular than Validar or most of the other antagonists outside of Grima.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I liked Gunter...'s voice.  That's about it, really, though they hardly gave him much time to actually shine apart from certain pointless things they did to him during Revelation which were out of character anyway.

I see the rationale in what you said, but he does have other villains to contend with if they're gonna be limiting the villain roster.  Basically, he has some different factors than Frederick for deciding if he'll be included or not, but I know folks like Thane would want to see him, and from Awakening he's at least more popular than Validar or most of the other antagonists outside of Grima.

Yeah, Gunter hardly had a role at all, honestly. Frederick at least had repeated story presence.

And yeah, Walhart also does have other villains to contend with in Validar, Grima, Gangrel, Garon, and Anankos, and then we haven't factored the original villains we'll be getting. I'm sure there will be some. We don't know how many either.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

then we haven't factored the original villains we'll be getting. I'm sure there will be some. We don't know how many either.

FE1 didn't have a lot of villains. Gharnef, Jiol, Michalis and Camus are really all that's noteworthy (with only Camus and Gharnef being realistic). Though, Gazzack is a meme boss who could get in as an early NPC enemy or something, and finally, Medeus being a Anankos level boss, who has a really good chance if giant bosses are included, but otherwise has no chance.

Doing a triple giant boss fight against Anankos, Grima and Medeus would be awesome as all heck. Finger's crossed.

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Assuming just one Awakening villain, Walhart only has one contender from that game. Gangrel is another swordie best known for using the levin sword, a weapon we can expect Robin to wield as a shout out to Smash Bros. Validar is a dark mage hailing from the game with the most popular dark mage. Grima will more likely show up as a stage than as a playable character. Aversa is the other choice by being a unique class, since the only other flying magic user is Camilla, who's still a maybe. Plus Aversa also has an exposed chest, which is scoring points with somebody. However, if promotion and wielding alternate weapons is as flexible as people seem to be speculating, then we may see any and all pegasus knights in this game with the ability to wield magic as a secondary weapon. Really it's a tossup between Walhart and Aversa

I would enjoy seeing Frederick as well, mind you. He''d be my first choice among Jagens from any game, at least from the big three.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

FE1 didn't have a lot of villains. Gharnef, Jiol, Michalis and Camus are really all that's noteworthy (with only Camus and Gharnef being realistic). Though, Gazzack is a meme boss who could get in as an early NPC enemy or something, and finally, Medeus being a Anankos level boss, who has a really good chance if giant bosses are included, but otherwise has no chance.

Doing a triple giant boss fight against Anankos, Grima and Medeus would be awesome as all heck. Finger's crossed.

Nobody was talking about FE1? I said original villains. As in NEW ones. Hyrule Warriors had some, so there's a good chance this game will too.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nobody was talking about FE1? I said original villains. As in NEW ones. Hyrule Warriors had some, so there's a good chance this game will too.

Oh, gotcha. My bad. I'd be super surprised if there weren't any OC baddies.