Do you go out of your way for Hero Merit?

I am looking through my characters and noticing that I have Olivia maxed out in Hero Merit, and a ton of people right under the 500 mark. I haven't made any choices strictly on Hero Merit, but was wondering on new quests if any of you intentionally just certain teams for the feathers. 

I guess my question is, do any of you go out of your way to build Hero Merit, or do you just play your best teams?

looking at the list, I find myself inclined to use people near a certain mark, but also forget how close some are (such as Klein sitting at 999 for two weeks). What's your style?

Nah. In fact, I'm still going to be using Reinhardt and Xander in TT for the quickness and points, and they're already max.

I do try to use different people where I can, with HM in mind, but I won't stop using them if they max out, and I won't grind just for HM, personally ^.^

One of my teams is dedicated for hero merit and I use them for the daily tower reward (tenth stratum), on advanced arena when I settled on my score, and for quest completion (beat whatever x times). Otherwise I go with what I need (like my Alm will get to 2000 with the upcoming Tempest Trial).

I've sometimes grinded to the next 500 mark when I needed a few more feathers, but otherwise, not so much. I do try to prioritize characters without capped HM in TT, though, and the original TT was where I finally started getting characters to hit the 2000 cap. That'll be harder this time around since I'm running out of uncapped blue 5*s, though.

When I notice someone is close to another 500 mark I might go and grind them a bit, otherwise not really. I’m kind of a loser in tempest trial because my best characters I am most sure with have long capped their merit and obviously can earn no more. With the other teams I can’t feel that secure.

No, I only have like 6 characters maxed out and a few more close. I just used the same ones since they're the most reliable. Actually clearing content consistently is more important to me than using a team I'll have more trouble with just to squeeze out HM from them.

With Tempest it feels bad letting all that HM go to waste, but the alternative is I use lesser characters that I'll probably get less score with, and that just increases the grind time.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We have three times as many Lucinas as we have Radiant Dawn characters.

I thought they were all path of Radiance characters? And you say that like it's a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought they were all path of Radiance characters? And you say that like it's a bad thing.

Sanaki is classified as a RD character, because she only was playable in that game.

I ended up maxing out 14 units during the first tempest trials while grinding for the 10k feathers rank. Now I am investing pretty heavily in all of my other 5* units for the next tempest trials, even if I never plan to use them for anything else afterwards. The extra feathers from all that hero merit helped me finish my flier team and optimize my Cordelia.

I raised 3 arthurs and 3 donnels for the express purpose of merit and grinded 9 different units on kozaki's maps to get them capped

When I do the infantry quests I also try to bring along a few unused units for hte sake of HM.  And I try to bring people up to level 40 for SP and HM before upgrading them. The plan was also get them to 40 before trashing them for SI, but stamina has suddenly become scaree between stratum quests, story quests, tempests....

Yup. I burned the majority of my stamina potions since the game's release on Defensive Battles and then Kozaki maps. I used extra Arena tries as well, but I'm currently too high tiered for anybody but my main units (who are maxed out) to ever achieve victory or survive. Tempest Trials are a good opportunity too, but I was just so burned out after hitting 50K points. I'm hoping that these new game modes and special maps coming in the next update will provide an easy means of grinding more. I've got 17 characters maxed out. Alphonse, Sharena, Anna, Palla, Catria, Camus, Cecilia, Zephiel, Ursula, Titania, Cordelia, Olivia, Sakura, Hana, Subaki, Xander, and Elise.

I only have 3 characters at full HM: Oboro, Nino and Olivia... Takumi, Xander and Leo are near to 2000. Everyone else... They aren't even at 500, so I still have lot of HM to do, but it sounds a bit hard, since most of them are characters I hadly use lol . Well Flyer Emblem is getting a lot thanks to monthly quest that's someting!

Honestly no, because Skill Inheritance inevitably causes me to cut the threads of life of many heroes prior to reaching any HM.

The units I'm optimising I've also maxed out in terms of HM — namely Azura, Clair, Tharja & Lucina. Y!Tiki and Clarisse are pushing 1000; Mae will be hitting the 500 HM mark soon, F!Corrin is at 200 or so.

Though with limited feathers, I sincerely doubt I will be 5☆ing F!Corrin, and the foreknowledge that I won't be doing that (Mae and Clarisse both ahead in the queue) gets me scheming w.r.t. her Draconic Aura special attack. So she might not reach it.

I had Frederick reach 467 before feeding him to Azura for Wings of Mercy — I admit that was a mistake, I should have at least pushed him to 500 before doing that, but never mind.

My Askr trio are at the 200-400 mark, but only because the Arena sometimes calls for them and because I tend to throw them in with any new unit I'm training. I do not intend to 5☆ them any time soon because they're all superfluous. They're all as good as permabenched for their own reasons — axe usage, sub-optimal swordsman syndrome and not-Azura-itis, respectively.