Labors of Love

Wanda

Something which I found more interesting than who won the Voting Gauntlet was the opportunity to inspect other players' maxed out units, and I must say there were some extreme examples of dedication and perhaps even sheer madness. You can find them in the Arena too.

Some builds, like the B!Cordelia below, are understandable because of the strength and efficacy of the unit (I include her because of the +10...), but others, like the Firs, are just dumbfounding.

Did you see any cracking examples of dedication/extreme optimisation?

Spoiler

PIbWM6F.png

OL8gxLv.png

gwkbk35.png

yAVB2hN.png

OoxfcM3.png

ck6Hhne.png

XO1fyp2.png

21jf4m2fcg1z.png

q3ej1xltzr1z.jpg

5hnmokdjve7z.png

lcly364gy27z.png

namGMFM.jpg

33e847undq6z.jpg

6e2f8729ac3d48d2b8ad8ee72c3debc3?fit=max

Any other amazing finds out there?

Edited by eclipse
Lack of spoiler tags is messing with my desktop browser

I'd say some of these are more "labours of extreme orb purchasing" than anything else. A +10 Bridelia would have cost any person the equivalent of $800 or more in their currency.

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'd say some of these are more "labours of extreme orb purchasing" than anything else. A +10 Bridelia would have cost any person the equivalent of $800 or more in their currency.

True, but I think one has to really love a video game character to spend a grand on optimising them on a mobage.

Or chalk it down madness, as I said.

2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

True, but I think one has to really love a video game character to spend a grand on optimising them on a mobage.

I got my Bridelia to +3 before I realised how much I'd spent. I noped the fuck out after that, and don't plan to spend anything on another orb until I've been playing a full year.

Any chance you can spoiler all those pictures?  Long post xD

I didn't see any from other people, but I've slowly been moving into it myself.  Ever since I gave Lloyd DC, I realized its a lot more fun and effective to take a unit you like and maximize his abilities than hoard 5*s.

There's a different +10 5* Fir who is owned by #15 of Team Elise with this set: Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Def Ploy 3, Quickened Pulse.
Other notable finds among Team Elise's Top 50 include:

5* Raigh, +1 (#1): Rauorraven+, Rally Attack, Glimmer, Death Blow 3, Seal Res 3, Threaten Res 3, Attack +1
5* Cherche, +3 (#2): Brave Axe+, Pivot, Galeforce, Death Blow 3, Quick Riposte 2, Savage Blow 3, Quickened Pulse
Ice Dragon's twin 5* Ninian, +10 (#6): Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Atk Ploy 3, Quickened Pulse
5* Tiki (Young), +10 (#8): Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, Speed +1
5* Hana (#9): Wo Dao+, Ardent Sacrifice, Vengeance, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Spd 3, Speed +1
5* Eirika, +7 (#21): Sieglinde, Draw Back, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Spd 3, HP +3
5* Gaius, +10 (#33): Seashell+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Panic Ploy 3, HP +3
5* Nino, +9 (#39): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Quickened Pulse
5* Robin (M), +10 (#42): Blarraven+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, B Tomebreaker 3, Threaten Res 3, Spur Def 1

i remember someone posted a pic of a 5 star +10 serra. 

i've only gotten serra once but i have so many feathers I might've actually tried something like that if I had more serras

27 minutes ago, Raven said:

i dunno man I got two of her and lyn without spending anything

it'd take money but 800 seems a bit much

6 minutes ago, unique said:

i've only gotten serra once but i have so many feathers I might've actually tried something like that if I had more serras

i dunno man I got two of her and lyn without spending anything

it'd take money but 800 seems a bit much

Then you just got lucky. $800 is probably actually way low balling. You'd have to pull 11x Bride Cordelia, who would have competition for spawn rates with Bride Lyn. When your base chance to pull a unit is 1.5%... expect to see those orbs—and money—go very quickly.

32 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's talk of a Shanna that has at least inherited every available skill she can get or something like that.

I think that's the one I posted...

2oTPEoE.png

DuqKVRy.png

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There's a different +10 5* Fir who is owned by #15 of Team Elise with this set: Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Def Ploy 3, Quickened Pulse.
Other notable finds among Team Elise's Top 50 include:

5* Raigh, +1 (#1): Rauorraven+, Rally Attack, Glimmer, Death Blow 3, Seal Res 3, Threaten Res 3, Attack +1
5* Cherche, +3 (#2): Brave Axe+, Pivot, Galeforce, Death Blow 3, Quick Riposte 2, Savage Blow 3, Quickened Pulse
Ice Dragon's twin 5* Ninian, +10 (#6): Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Atk Ploy 3, Quickened Pulse
5* Tiki (Young), +10 (#8): Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, Speed +1
5* Hana (#9): Wo Dao+, Ardent Sacrifice, Vengeance, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Spd 3, Speed +1
5* Eirika, +7 (#21): Sieglinde, Draw Back, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Spd 3, HP +3
5* Gaius, +10 (#33): Seashell+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Panic Ploy 3, HP +3
5* Nino, +9 (#39): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Quickened Pulse
5* Robin (M), +10 (#42): Blarraven+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, B Tomebreaker 3, Threaten Res 3, Spur Def 1

Whoa, any chance you could screencap some/all of those for my collection?

I was on team Priscilla and there weren't so many merged units, even in the top 50.

1 hour ago, Wanda said:

Whoa, any chance you could screencap some/all of those for my collection?

I was on team Priscilla and there weren't so many merged units, even in the top 50.

I'll look into it. I also went back and took a closer look at the Ninian. It turns out she literally has every last skill she can possibly inherit inherited. She isn't missing a single one by my count. This person (whose in-game name is Ninian mom~) makes even Ice Dragon look like a guppy which is something I thought I'd never say, like hot damn.

Edit: Here's the Ninian at least.

Spoiler

Edit 2: Here's all the other +10s as well as the +9 Nino.

Tiki

Spoiler

Fir

Spoiler

Gaius

Spoiler

Nino

Spoiler

Robin

Spoiler

Edited by Tybrosion

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Argh! I have been avoiding certain threads so I do not get reminded of how much I spent on B!Cordelia and remain blissfully ignorant of the actual amount. I will just pretend I was extremely lucky and spent nowhere near that.

Yooo, that Beruka is my future. As soon as I pull a better natured one.

And I saw a Shanna in the arena this season that was +3 or 4 and all of her skills were from the summer units.(Tiki's Close Defense, Fredrick's seal skill, and Gaius' Def Ploy) Even the weapon was Bikini Robin's lance. It was pretty wild to say the least.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks through the gauntlet ranking lists and whatnot for wild builds or build ideas. It's cool to see some of the stuff people have done.

Edited by Alkaid

8 hours ago, Wanda said:

If I liked a character that much, I'd just buy a poster or commission some artwork. Much cheaper, and you get something more tangible.

Actually, I've done both for Flora, who is sadly not in Heroes...

Perhaps not a labor of love, but this really cool medic Linde build was posted on Gamefaqs and I thought it was a really neat build for her:

Spoiler

vE8oktZ.png

2 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

If I liked a character that much, I'd just buy a poster or commission some artwork. Much cheaper, and you get something more tangible.

Actually, I've done both for Flora, who is sadly not in Heroes...

Perhaps not a labor of love, but this really cool medic Linde build was posted on Gamefaqs and I thought it was a really neat build for her:

Reveal hidden contents

vE8oktZ.png

The BoLs can stack?

7 hours ago, Zelgius said:

There's a guy on my friend's list called Quadsuna that has a +10 Sanaki. I'd take a screenshot but I'm not too sure how to do that.

If you use a Galaxy, you can press the home button and power button at the same time to take a screenshot.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you use a Galaxy, you can press the home button and power button at the same time to take a screenshot.

Just push all your phone's buttons at the same time.  Works on all devices.  

And seriously can we code that first OP's images?  This page takes forever to load :(

20 hours ago, unique said:

This Serra?

Spoiler

2pqHfTv.jpg

These are from my friend list, the one with Corrin(F) I know in RL, while some might not have merges I think they're great still.

Spoiler

uNnYCmM.png
DireThunder
Reposition
Moonbow
LND
Windsweep
Savage Blow

WBCfoX5.png
Lightning Breath+
Reposition
Bonfire