Who should be my go to green tome unit?

Raybrand

I have:

3* nino:     -hp     :    +atk
4* Soren:   -res    :    +spd
4* Merric    -res    :    +atk
4* Boey        -spd    :    +atk

I've been saving my feathers but I don't want to spend too much promoting more units to 5* than I need,

I've gotten a lot of Ninos but this is the first one I've gotten thats got a positive offense stat and no negative offense stat however Soren has very similar stats to Nino, with plus spd and minus res Soren matches Nino's base speed and res, Nino will have a few points in atk but Soren has more hp and access to watersweep.

I've got a 5* Robin so I know how useful it can be to have a physical tanky mage but whether to pick Boey or Merric, my Boey has abysmal speed but it might be worth teaching him weary fighter from my 4* Effie, Merric has less atk but his higher speed may allow him to double slower more tanky enemies.

what do you guys think who is worth promoting to 5*

3 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Questions should be posted here:

Yes that Nino is the best out of 4 units. Plus you don't have to worry about inheriting the Gronblade tome.

kk will remember nxt time, also I thought Soren's watersweep would make her more favorable over nino since their stats are so close

3 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

kk will remember nxt time, also I thought Soren's watersweep would make her more favorable over nino since their stats are so close

Soren is male.

Also I do recommend Nino also. She already has Gronnblade+, Draw Back and Hone Atk 3 in her base skill set and all she needs is Moonbow, which you can get off of Palla or Odin, both common enough Heroes (In fact you may already have Palla since she was Free To Play for a bit), Then Life and Death is good and you can get it from Hana, and you don;t particularly need the LaD 3 variant since 2 or 1 can easily work and G Tomebreaker, which can be gotten from Henry and the 3 version can be gotten from a 4 star Henry so it is fairly cheap.

Nino by far. If you have anybody else on your team running Hone Speed and/or Hone Attack she'll destroy tons of stuff for you.

Soren's not bad but you'd basically  build him as a knock off Nino which would take a lot of feathers and still not be as good in the end.

Boey's a tank, sure, but Nino's much higher killing potential is almost always more useful.

Merric's kind of in the middle between bulky and decent other stats, but that means he's stuck being middle of the road in performance.

Also Boey can't learn Wary Fighter from Effie since WF is exclusive to armor units.

Edited by Alkaid

24 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

Watersweep is a pretty terrible skill honestly since it stops you from doubling and only prevent attacks from mages, staves and dragon breath.

Boey and Merric have good physical defenses, but they lack res and have a very poor offensive presence due to low atk/spd and require a lot of skill inheritance to be really effective.

As others have said, Nino is the clear winner. She comes with a blade tome which are flat out the best weapons in the game. Give her Fury and Desperation and buff with Hone Atk and Hone Spd and she'll be able to deal with everything except a select few red units.

Soren could perform a similar job to Nino, but you'd need to promote Nino to 5* and sacrifice her to give Soren Gronnblade+ so that he can even begin to compete with her, but even then, he'd perform slightly worse than Nino.

Nino.  I think she gets a lot of bias because everyone loves Nino, but she and Julia really blow everyone out of the water.  +atk/-hp nature for her is also one of the best ones you could ask for.  She's not as good as Linde though...just say'n.

Edited by Lushen

Regarding Wary Fighter, it's only available to armors.

Seconding the Nino suggestions. She's so much better than the others.

NIno will do her best. She's superior to so many mages because she dumps any bulk and defensive stats for a good Atk and Spd set.

Yep.  Question thread next time.

And as for the answer to the question - mine is a -raven+ Spring Camilla with Triangle Adept.  +Atk Boey is on-par with neutral Cecilia, so he can also attempt the TA -raven+ build.

For just about everything else, it's Nino.