Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

Did SA 11 with F2P guide (I like using the guides so I use units who otherwise just sit in my barracks gathering dust) and I have been working on CCs with mixed results and I have to say the brand new one is a royal pain.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants to go back and try and clear the dreaded lunatic 11-12 chain challenge from book 1 again, just to see if I can manage now without a guide now that my teams are stronger. 

Edit: Holy crap I've come a long way, that wasn't near as bad as the first time around. I knew I could probably figure it out, but I didn't expect it to happen on my first retry. Flier emblem is amazing (I will never stop being grateful for my luck in pulling the ones I have), but even my main gals lasted a few rounds (Micaiah even one shot the first Celica which was amazing to me). I mean Earth season helped a little bit since my flier team is also my Earth team (thanks F!Grima!) but still.

Edited by kirauza343

Inflated stats, limited characters, 10 maps in a row. ugh.

Am I the only one who just doesnt feel like doing those chain challenges anymore? I still have the last three or so to do, but I'm just not feeling it.

This is the 5th goddamn time I failed at the last fucking map. Which I've only reached thanks to a guide. I am so done with this. Don't know how other people do it. Apparently I am just a horrible player.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

This is the 5th goddamn time I failed at the last fucking map. Which I've only reached thanks to a guide. I am so done with this. Don't know how other people do it. Apparently I am just a horrible player.

The last map is really rough between the enemy inforcements (who spawn in possibly the worst possible spot) and that stat inflation. Add in Ursula if you're running horses, Lagault if you're using buffs, and Nino's mobility in general and it's even worse. I ended up having to make sure I still had a spare team, because one team just wasn't cutting it for that map

yorotsruuu yorotsruuu completed the Lunatic Chain Challenge for Book II, Chapters 9-10 with 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* Gerome without Fortress Def equipped, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Hone Speed 1 seal, and 4* Wrys (neutral) with Slow and Imbue equipped and a Threaten Attack 1 seal.

さるGames regularly posts F2P Lunatic Chain Challenge clears as well. The one for Book II, Chapters 9-10 uses 4* Serra (neutral) with Absorb and Swift-Wind Balm equipped and a Drive Def 2 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Attack 2 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with a Speed +3 seal, and 5* Fjorm (neutral) with a Quick Ripose 3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0PtMIp5k9I.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

yorotsruuu yorotsruuu completed the Lunatic Chain Challenge for Book II, Chapters 9-10 with 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* Gerome without Fortress Def equipped, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Hone Speed 1 seal, and 4* Wrys (neutral) with Slow and Imbue equipped and a Threaten Attack 1 seal.

Thanks for that! +4 orbs for me, I really wasnt looking forward to doing that on my own.

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

4* Olivia (neutral) with a Hone Speed 1 seal

I wonder if the guide will fail because I’ve upgraded the seal all the way to rank 3.
Sometimes I want that there was a way to use lower ranks of a given seal, much like learning higher ranks of skills doesn’t remove lower ranks from a unit’s skill list. A seal still would be limited to a single instance; e. g., if you’re using Hone Spd 1 on Olivia, you wouldn’t be able to use Hone Spd 3 on Azura without removing it from Olivia.

EDIT: yorotsruu’s method worked because I’m stupid and forgot that my Olivia already had Hone Spd learnt. Awesome!

Edited by Vaximillian

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I got a CC that I didn't like. 5+6 are an unfun kind of frustrating, partly because it has Hardin and M!Grima, the second of which has a turn limit map that's held me back for a while.

Got all the way to map 8 with the first team of Arvis, Fjorm, Nohrzura and M!Marth (deathless to map 7 where Arvis got a falchion to the face), where leaving Nohrzura exposed led to me throwing my hands up and changing to L'Ephraim, MagEirika, Ursula and Titania, who made it to the last map before being swatted aside. Final team was Elincia, Brinian, Hinoka and Bonnero, who finished the last map off.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Squad Assault 12:
Map 1: NY Azura, Elincia, Summer Corrin, Cherche
Map 2: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Map 3: PA Shigure, Ninian, Boey, Lyon
Map 4: PA Azura, Genny, Fjorm, Winter Tharja
Map 5: Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Xander, Olivia

I got Assault 12 down on my first attempt, which gave me some validation in investing a little bit into Canas (TA3 and Axebreaker 3).

Par 6-3: Soleil, Knight Paragon Cordelia, Linus, Klein

Par 7-3: Canas, Middle Whitewing Catria, Lady of the Lake Azura, Dorcas

Par 8-3: Zelgius, Festive Tactician Robin, General Hector, Marquess Hector

Par 9-3: Noble and Nimble Tana, Devoted Monster Jakob, Festival Dancer Olivia, Genny

Par 10-3: both Reinhardts, Gunnthra, Lady of Ballads Azura

Deirdre/Jeorge/Michalis/Eldigan

Black Knight/L!Eliwood/Shanna/B!Ninian

A!Tiki/Ninian/A!Eirika/V!Lilina

S!Tana/Airzura/Morgana/P!Nino

Fae/Lukas/Tobin/Bride!Lyn

Shanna got the Spd +1 seal because she was *one point* shy of doubling Athena.

SA12 is here. Tactics Trials is already proving itself tough. Will this be?

Spoiler

Map 1: 5* L!Lyn, Seigbert, L'Arachel and Shiro.

Map 2: 5* Bunnero, Hinoka, Brinian and Elincia

Map 3: 5* Daggerick, Leif, Dorcas and Norrin

Map 4: 5* Nino, Eirika, Innes and Sanaki.

Map 5: 5* B!Lyn, L'Ephraim, Eliwood and Mageirika.

Had a couple of retries due to stupidity and that last map, which is the worst.

That wasn't too bad!

Map 1: Horse Eirika, L'Arachel, Titania, and Mathilda (aka my secondary horse team...no problems here)

Map 2: A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Ninian, Myrrh (two tries because I underestimated Athena...Corrin and Tiki did all the work)

Map 3: B!Ninian, F!Grima, Elincia, Airzura (piece of cake)

Map 4: Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Priscilla, and Sigurd (no problems)

Map 5: Celica, Micaiah, Cherche, and Marisa (I hate this map and Tana's guidance, but thanks to Marisa's general tankiness I got it done the first time)

• 5 weeks later...

Finished Squad Assault 13. 

Map 1: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn 

Map 2: Bride Cordelia, Bride Ninian, Azura, Summer Y!Tiki

Map 3: Oscar, Ninian, Elise, Lyon 

Map 4: Dorcas, PA Azura, Winter Tharja, Genny 

Map 5: Xander, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Olivia

It's another month, another SA. Is 13 the unlucky number?

Spoiler

Map 1: 5* Lyon, Dorcas, SummeRobin, Linus

Map 2: 5* Nephenee, Takumi, Rebecca, M!Morgan

Map 3: 5* Canas, Lancina, B!Ike, Norrin

Map 4: 5* M!Robin, Sanaki, Newkumi, 4* Legion

Map 5: 5* Eirika, Nino, Azura, Nohrzura

Honestly, no retries. That's a sad fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the new CC. It's annoying.

Team 1:
+3 +Atk/-HP Valentines Lyn (+Def Blarowl+, Swap, Close Counter, Bold Fighter, Quick Riposte)
5*+8 +Spd/-HP Draug (+Spd Slaying Edge+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Armor March, Close Defense)
5*+8 +Res/-Spd Sheena (+Res Slaying Axe+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Ward Armor, Def Ploy)
+HP/-Spd Genny (Dazzling Gravity, Atk +3, Savage Blow, Drive Atk)

Team 2:
The usual ReinLyn + 2 dancers combo

Well I finally beat all the paraloge CCs last week and I have all the SAs beat as well.  I am just lacking book 1: 11 and 12 and most of book 2's CCs.  I ended up burning out on CCs so I will probably leave them alone for awhile, I am just happy to have made good head way in to finishing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Squad Assault 14:
Map 1: Valentines Lyn, Black Knight, Valentines Eliwood, Halloween Henry
Map 2: Legend Lyn, Bride Ninian, Lyon, Brave Lucina
Map 3: Draug, Sheena, Effie, Genny
Map 4: Lilina, F!Robin, Cecilia, Olivia
Map 5: Xander, Reinhardt, PA Azura, Brave Lyn

SA14, I just hadn't gotten around to yet. It also has a reinforcement map. Lovely.

Spoiler

Map 1: Rebecca, SummeRobin, Daggerick, Dorcas

Map 2: SummeLeo, B!Ike, Lancina, Leif

Map 3: Azura, Canas, Linus, Springcina

Map 4: M!Robin, F!Robin, Tobin, Newkumi

Map 5: Veronica, Reinhardt, Zweihardt, Cecilia

The third map was the surprisingly tricky map, though that was because my team comp needed to go about things in a very specific way that didn't click at first.