Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

Cleared the Lunatic Book 2, Ch. 11+12 pretty easily with ReinLyn + 2 dancers.

Flier Olivia was not a problem was she was already in range and is easily wiped out in turn 1.

For Silvia, I had Brave Lyn tank a hit from Sumia beforehand so that she'd be in WoM range for the 2 dancers. Then, for the Silvia + Lewyn map, Silvia gets wiped out on turn 1 with the help of a Draconic Aura proc, WoM dancer Dances Lyn, and Lyn retreats and Repositions dancer to safety.

For the final map, Silvia gets wiped out on turn 2. Turn 1 was spent having my units approach the danger zone with Brave Lyn being adjacent to the danger zone since the enemy units are passive. Turn 2 starts with Brave Lyn wiping out Silvia with a special proc and Reinhardt wiping out the lance flier. Then WoM dancer Dances Lyn to wipe out Loki. Smooth sailing from there.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished Squad Assaults today, except last survival map boned me, and I didn't see that coming.

Until recently I thought Squad Assaults are more difficult than Chain Challenges, so I left the for later. Now I feel like I was wrong all along. There are still 3 of 3/10 CC challenges left open for me.

So, been a while since I did a 2-part CC.

Paralogue 23 and 24 are horrible, because the first half is dancing hell and the other is BST hell. Naturally, I did it with too much thought put into it. Initially I started with a team of Sigurd, Mathilda, Frederick and Veronica. After a while of falling at the 5th map, I switched them to the second team after a flier team consisting of Elincia, Brinian, Gerome and Bunnero. Surprisingly I actually failed on the 3rd map with this party, but the second team switched in and finished. They continued on just fine and cleared the 5th map. Then the 6th map happened, where I had Frederick bust Hector, then Sigurd got blown away by Celica on the enemy phase and I expected the worst. Funnily, Frederick survived two attacks, but I now had Veronica and Ephraim next to each other after finishing Celica and I had to sacrifice Mathilda so that Veronica could defeat herself. I could then cheese Ephraim's 1 move and a few turns later finish him off.

• 4 weeks later...

Squad Assault 15:
Map 1: Lyon, Azura, Mist, Clarisse (filler)
Map 2: Gray, Summer adult Tiki, Sharena, Micaiah
Map 3: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Map 4: Lilina, Dorcas, Flier Olivia, Bride Ninian
Map 5: Xander, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, PA Azura

SA15. Looks pretty easy actually.

Spoiler

Map 1: 5* Nino, Eirika, L!Marth, Saias. Highlights include Nino surviving and 2-shotting Gordin, 1-shotting Merric and Saias doing nothing but finishing Marth.

Map 2: 5* Canas, M!Robin, Lancina and Linus. Linus easily finishes Peri, Lancina tanks Xander and I nearly screw up by leaving Robin i range of the axe cav, easily resolved. Canas with the support nearly 1-rounded Laslow.

Map 3: 5* Summelise, SummeRobin, Ishtar and Rebecca. Easy again, don't even need to describe.

Map 4: 5* Nephenee, Azura, M!Morgan and B!Ike. Again, way too easy, Morgan beats his mom, Nephenee breaks the reds and Ike tanks Sully.

Map 5: 5* Daggerick, Roy, Marth and Dorcas. Fred breaks the dagger, Dorcas the lance and Roy sits and wrecks the other two.

First try. This set of maps were always easy.

Squad Assault 15 was easy.

I believe the hardest Squad Assault we had was the 4th Assault, the one with the "Paralogue 10-1: A Lecture Fit for Royalty", the map where has Amelia and Seth and you need to survive for 7 turns. That Assault was so hard!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

This Squad Assault was not difficult. You only really had to pay attention to the enemy's weapons. I cleared it on first try, it was fun how to think about saving bulky heroes for later chapters. Reinhard, Brave Lyn, Bride Ninian and L!Hector was the final team, I can't remember the rest.

I hate these ten map lunatic CCs so much. Anyways, cleared CC 9+10 Lunatic Book II

Started with L'Ephraim, Mageirika, Ursula and Titania. They got as far as the 5th Map before they all died. Next team was Reinhardt, Brunonica, Groom Marth and BKhrom, who got themselves to Map 8 before Rein died, then to Map 10 where they all died after getting Legault and Canas out. Finished with Witch Nowi, Elincia, Peganino and Valter who finished it off.

11+12 looks like a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleared CC P25/26 with team 1 of Leif, Dorcas, Azura and Genny, which got to the third map and messed up there, leading to not lasting long with the next map. Fjorm, Ayra, Nohrzura and Ishtar then cleared the back half in an easier manner than the Brave paralogue was. Of course.

I then cleared 11+12 B2. Got both Reins, Veronica and GrooMarth up to map 6 where I lost Marth and Rein and lost the other two on map 7. Next team was Fjorm, Nohrzura, Arvis and M!Marth, who got to the last map only to let the Old Reliable of Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Valter and Newmilla handle the last enemies.

The Lunatic CC for Paralogue 25+26 wasn't too difficult overall though I used 2 teams for it.

Team 1: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Team 2: ReinLyn + 2 dancers (lol, map 6 Kliff couldn't ORKO Reinhardt)

Edited by Roflolxp54

48 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Why Aversa doesn't have her exclusive tome in Lunatic? She uses Fenrir+ on this maps...

I’d suppose Lunatic Aversa is bugged in both the paralogue and the chain challenges. Hard chain challenge Aversa actually uses her personal tome!.. but not the Hard paralogue Aversa.

Something insane is going on here. QA fail?

• 3 weeks later...

SA16: Harder than 15?

Spoiler

Map 1: M!Robin, Genny, SummeRobin, Linus- Redid because Daggerick didn't have the attack to beat Saizo

Map 2: Roy, 4* Henry, SummElise, Lancina

Map 3: Sonya, Azura, Canas, Daggerick

Map 4: Fjorm, Arvis, /nohrzura, Ishtar- had a different team that didn't work because this is the one painful map of launch day Heroes.

Map 5: Dorcas, M!Morgan, Ayra, Nephenee- Wouldn't you know way easier. M!Morgan had the hardest job, holding off Soren and Mist long enough, winged it fine.

First map threw me off, but Robin in place of Daggerick did the job. Map 4 can die in a fire.

Squad Assault 16 cleared:
1: Boey, Lyon, flier Olivia, Oboro
2: Fjorm, Celica, flier Nino, PA Shigure
3: Cecilia, Spring Catria, Mage Eirika, PA Olivia
4: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Ethlyn
5: Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Olivia, PA Azura

• 1 month later...