Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

So happy! I finally conquered Squad Assault 4 in both my accounts!

Main account:

1. (Brides)- 4 star Nino (Moonbow), Klein, Olivia and Elise (Fortify Res and Solid Earth Balm for Nino buffs). (Was Sakura but I think I'll move her to the last map). Ninoi baits Caeda, and is left with red health (1 health if no Res buffs). Nino defeats Caeda with Moonbow. Klein deals with archers whle Nino and Klein work together vs Lyn.

2. (Katarina aka baiting hell against Ploy skills)- Frederick (Brave Axe, Hone Cav, Reposition), Ursula (Blarblade), Sharena, M!Robin (TA and Lancebreaker). First turn was to move Frederick with Hone Cav and Ursula to the right side outside the danger area. Ursula snipes Luke, Frederick Repositions her away then Robin Draws Back Ursula. Frederick tanks the archer and is now on low health. Sharena moves to left, while my cavalry moves out of the way so Robin baits Roderick/archer. Katarina moves left, which Sharena + Ursula finishes off.  Robin finishes archer while Frederick uses Brave Axe + Bonfire to decimate Roderick.

3. Hector, Tobin (Axebreaker), Takumi and Tharja. Hector moves to the right to deal with thief and Robin. Tobin and Tharja go against Tiki while Tobin + Takumi deal with flier (Tobin is left with 1 HP!)

4. Merric (Renewal), Linde (LaD, Ardent Sacrifice), Ike (Fury, Vantage), Gordin- Merric baits S!Corrin with Linde Res buffs. Basically just careful baiting an sniping with Ardent Sacrifice support from Linde. Once Corrin goes down, Gordin+Linde fight the Ruby sword flier (although if needed, a full health Linde can take 1 hit from Ruby Sword). Ike can bait archer and deal with Elise thanks to Vantage, although sometimes, Gordin is needed to finish off archer.

5. Reinhardt (Lancebreaker), Brave Lyn, Xander (Swap, Quick Riposte), PA!Azura (WoM)- Reinhardt initiates by deleting units on the southern side. Xander baits archer and Seth. Lyn deletes axe flier reinforcement and I think green mage at the top. Reinhardt + WoM support from Axura deletes knights and Xander deals with Amelia- all before the 7th turn even comes around.

Second account:

1. Nino (Fury, Moonbow), Ninian (Hone Atk), Maria, Klein - Nino baits Caeda. Klein defeats injured Caeda, Nino+Klein team up on Lyn and Klein deletes fliers after a dance

2. Gunter, Ursula, Sully, M!Robin (Reposition, Lancebreaker) - Gunter and Ursula moves to the right side, Robin moves above Luke. Ursula deletes Luke with Hone Cav Blarwolf while Robin Repositions her away so he can bait the archer. Robin's Lancebreaker protects him from Roderick while he finishes the archer, then Gunter + Robin team up on Rody. Sully then deals with Katarina.

3. Sanaki, Alphonse, Hector, Jeorge- Hector defeats Robin and the thief. Sanaki hits Tiki's low Res while Alphonse finishes her off. Jeorge + Alphonse finish off the flier.

4. Hinoka, Cherche (Brave Axe, Drag Back), PA!Olivia (Hone Attack), Black Knight+1 (Quick Riposte, Swap - although Pivot is better) - BK moves up to bait archer, while Olivia dances him out of the way. Repeat until archer is defeated. Hinoka and Cherche just move out of the fliers' danger zone, ready to delete Corrin and the flier when in range. As Elise moves closer, either BK or my fliers target her squishy defense.

5. Olivia (WoM), Xander (Swap, Quick Riposte), Reinhardt+1 (Lancebreaker), Brave!Lyn (Brave Bow+) - Reinhardt moves down to delete archer at the bottom and the cavalier that spawns next turn thanks to Lancebreaker. Xander baits Seth and top archer. After that it's mostly just responding to reinforcements, such as Xander dealing with Emerald Axe flier and Lyn deleting top green mage. Armours aren't a problem thanks to Reinhardt. Turn limit finished before I could deal with Amelia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to beat CC 13 in two teams: Sigurd, Titania, Ursula, Clarine and SummElise, Springcina, Marthcina and Bike

Has quite a bit of SI, but the first team managed to beat the first three maps and they were well replaced from there.

Also, wondering what videos there are for the paralogues that use units that are pretty accessible: having more trouble from these.

• 2 weeks later...

This squad assault definitely felt a lot easier than the previous ones. The lack of defend/reinforcement chapters definitely helped, as did the fact that chapters they chose were (in my opinion at least) not very difficult.

The chain challenge also felt pretty easy (though I guess anything would feel easy compared to the one for 11/12...), but I'm sure the ones for book 2 will only get harder.

Beat Squad Assault 5 on first try.

Team 1:

5* Sharena (Armored Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Escutcheon) 

5* Arvis (Fury 3)

+HP/-Spd Shigure (Hone Atk 3)

+HP/-Def Genny (lol lv. 1 in entry; filler)

Team 2:

5* Black Knight (Swap, Steady Breath, Hone Armor, Fortify Res 1)

+Spd/-Def ToD Henry (Gronnraven+, Swap, Glacies, Triangle Adept 3, Atk Ploy 1)

+Atk/-HP Amelia (Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3)

+HP/-Atk 4*+1 Lachesis (lv. 1 filler)

Team 3:

+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura 

+Atk/-Spd Dorcas (Swap, Ignis)

+Atk/-HP 5* Eirika (Rally Def/Res, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Spd +3)

+Spd/-Def 5* Priscilla 

Team 4:

5* Clive (Sapphire Lance, Swap, Ignis, Earth Boost 3, Quick Riposte 3)

5* Joshua (Swap, Threaten Atk 3)

+Def/-HP Katarina (Raudrblade+, Draw Back)

+Atk/-Def PA Olivia (Hone Speed 3)

Team 5:

+Atk/-Def 5* Cecilia (Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)

5* Xander (Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry)

+Atk/-Spd 5* Reinhardt (the usual QP Memebow set with Hone Cavalry)

5* Olivia

Turns out that Reinhardt, Xander, Olivia, and Clarine can clear out the first 9 maps of the Book 2 Ch. 1+2 CC on Lunatic before getting wiped out on the 10th map. Pretty easily if I may add.

Edited by Roflolxp54

This Squad Assault was pretty easy compared to the last 2. I only had to repeat it once becaus I underestimated an archer during the 4th (or 3rd?) map but otherwise nothing too complicated.

The Chain Challenge of Book II Ch.1+2 was mostly a Flier Emblem solo, fliers don't care about lava so they have free reign over the maps to position themselves and kill everything. 

5 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

My attempts didn't beat Map 3-2. I'll need to figure out how I'm beating Cecilia...

I went in with Jeorge (Brave+/Death Blow/Lancebreaker/Moonbow) who killed the upper Lance Cav after a dance of PA!Azura. Instead of Jeorge you could use Nino (who would be better suited to take a hit from Clarine). Cecilia was eventually killed by Xander (Fury/QR), but honestly I don't remember my fourth unit. Cherche perhaps? 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I went in with Jeorge (Brave+/Death Blow/Lancebreaker/Moonbow) who killed the upper Lance Cav after a dance of PA!Azura. Instead of Jeorge you could use Nino (who would be better suited to take a hit from Clarine). Cecilia was eventually killed by Xander (Fury/QR), but honestly I don't remember my fourth unit. Cherche perhaps? 

I landed it with Hector, Arvis, Inigo and Fjorm (who just stood around and looked pretty)- said run also got me through to the end and got me Squad Ace E.

I don't like that both generic cavs are blue. Makes it hard to bring in a Cecilia counter. I also kinda want another 1-2 range green unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Lunatic P15-16 CC is pretty easy overall, especially in the P16 portion.

For the P15 portion, only Lute is remotely dangerous since +Atk +4 Reinhardt can't ORKO her even with Hone Cavalry buff though +Atk PA Azura just OHKOs Lute.

For the P16 portion, the only really threatening unit is Winter Tharja since +Atk +4 Reinhardt cannot ORKO Tharja, so I sent in Xander to ORKO her in the enemy phase via Quick Riposte and Hone Cavalry buff.

Units used:

5* Xander: Swap (really useful), Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Defense 3, S-support with Reinhardt

5*+4 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse, S-support with Xander

+Atk/-Def PA Azura: she had Wings of Mercy 3, Aether, and Spd +3 seal on but saw no usage of them (since both Xx_L00T_xX kills were quickscope headshots OHKOs)

4*+1 +Spd/-HP Clarine: Rehabilitate, Imbue, Ward Cavalry; she also had Pain, HP +5, Wings of Mercy 3, and Spur Spd 1 seal on but those pretty much saw no usage

Edited by Roflolxp54

well I am finally getting around to beating the SAs this week after putting them off for so long.  I just beat SA 3 following a youtube walkthrough and I will be working on 4 and 5 later.  the extra versions of the def and atk seals are going to be a big help to me, as well as the spd one.

I had to use someone else's strategy to beat the last map of SA 4 in the end. The first maps took some doing, too (I really hated that Roderick and Luke one. They were just so op :O ) 

Map 1 - Cecilia, Naked!Gaius, Legion (was Naked!Xander but he maxed HM during the attempts so I switched), Subaki

Map 2 - Reinhardt, Clive, Mysterious Dancer, Linde - I really wanted to figure it out without using Reinhardt, but got bored and gave up. The rest do nothing except support him. 

Map 3 - M!Robin, Ayra, Narcian and Berkut did the trick. I struggled until I switched M!Robin to daggerbreaker, though I'll likely regret it since I keep forgetting to flick it back over to bow breaker. 

Map 4 - Sonya, Sanaki, Valter, Henry - This was just a case of luring Corrin away from her swordie protector that kept repositioning her away. Elise went down to Sanaki in a heart beat and the bow user couldn't do a jot to Henry. 

Map 5 - Xander, CYL!Lyn, Priscilla, Black Knight - Honestly, these maps shouldn't be used for SA. It just becomes dull 'cos there's no way to retry different tactics without going through all the others again, and I don't like these sorts of maps at the best of times. Thankfully PhoenixMaster was a lot more patient than me. He used Wrys, but I think any healer with the same skills works just as well. I put Wrys' skills on all my healers xD

SA 5 was also completed. That one was actually fun for me as it took a little bit of thinking and didn't feel like banging my head against a brick wall like the previous one did. I hope we get more like this one, personally. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Well I finally beat SA4, map three was the hardest for me I finally beat that one with armor emblem that dagger user was a pain.  I used youtube guides for team ideas, but I had to use more then one guide to come up with teams that worked for me.  I will work on SA5 later today since I have time, hopefully I can get it done fairly quickly and not have to take a long time coming up with teams.

Edit: beat SA 5.  It was pretty easy, I still used a guide but it was the least annoying SA out of all 5.  Now to forge my new badges and decide who needs them most.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Boy do I hate Squad assault. It isn't the difficulty itself. It is having to start over and redo the exact same motions over and over and over again everytime you hit a wall and need to try something new. I really wish there was an option to pick up where you left off(with the units you previously used to clear the earlier maps locked out of course). I don't mind trying new strategies or having to ration units, but performing the exact same setups and steps over and over and over and over is beyond annoying. Another annoyance in these modes is that you can't edit your skill setups. Seals should lock out like units do and you should be able to change up skills. As it is I often find myself with unusable C-Slot buffs simply because I often have them set up for movement types, but in these modes it isn't uncommon for me to run more mixed teams. So I have to memorize each map composition before even trying one so that I can set each unit. Bleh. And of course even that doesn't help on Arena Assault since you don't know exactly what you will face.

I was in no hurry to clear them before since I would have enough coins and badges to level them up, but I would like some orbs for the legendary banner since I have had crap for luck on it so far. Now I remember why they kept being left undone.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleared the 6th Assault on first try. This one took quite a bit of thinking due to how inflated enemy stats are (makes Arden look like a complete HP noob).

Map 1:
5* F!Robin: Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2 (ORKOs Saizo and 2HKOs Oboro)
+Atk/-Def PA Olivia: mainly dances for F!Robin
+Res/-Atk Winter Tharja: +Def Candelabra, Glacies, Close Def 3 (ORKOs Hinata and Takumi in a single enemy phase)
+Atk/-Def H'ween Jakob: Fortify Armor (buffs Tharja)

Map 2:
5* Tobin: Armorsmasher+, Bonfire, Axebreaker 3 (KOs Hector)
4*+10 +Atk/-Res Eliwood: Durandal, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Spd +3 (ORKOs green mage cavalier and enemy Eliwood)
+Res/-Spd Ninian (assists Eliwood)
+Atk/-Spd Dorcas: Swap, Ignis, HP +3 (2RKOs the lance knight in 2 enemy phases)

Map 3:
5* Camus: Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry (gets Julia to safety after she KOs Nowi; tanks bow fighter and ORKOs Henry)
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia: Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry, HP +3 (finishes off bow fighter)
+1 +Atk/-Res Julia: Fury 3, Green Tomebreaker 3 (baits green mage on enemy phase, then finishes off said green mage on the following player phase; KOs Nowi)
+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura (assists Julia with Drive Res 2 and Urdr dance buff)

Map 4: (this battle is a matter of chipping away at and staying out of the armor knights' range; either Katarina or Arvis KO'd Narcian; this battle could be trivialized if you were to run a team of New Years Azura and mage fliers)
+HP/-Spd PA Shigure: Hone Atk 3, Spur Atk 1
5* +Spd/-Def Mae: +Spd Blarowl+, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Darting Blow 3
+Def/-HP Katarina: Raudrblade+, Draw Back, Desperation 3
5* Arvis: Fury 3, Res +1

Map 5:
5* Xander: Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Defense 3, S-support with Reinhardt (KOs Titania and Mist)
5*+4 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Hone Cavalry (buffs Xander)
+2 Brave Lyn (ORKOs red mage and the 2 lance fliers)
5* Olivia (assists Brave Lyn)

qxPWyuQ.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, SA6 has a disappointing seal.

Easy enough clear, 2 retries total.

Spoiler

Map 1: 5* M!Robin (Bowbreaker, Reposition, SAA4 1), Fae (TA3, Glacies, Threaten Speed 1), 4* Kagero (BoL 3), F!Corrin (Vantage 3)

Redid once because Gordin is the worst.

Kagero can 3-hit Saizo, F!Corrin insults Hinata's existance, M!Robin 2-shots Takumi and Fae tanks Oboro.

Map 2: 5* Tobin (Armoursmasher +, Pivot, Swordbreaker 2, Def +1), 4* Bartre (Dragon Fang), Sophia (G!Tomebreaker 3, Rally Attack), +2 Oboro (HP +5, Hone Atk 2, Pavise)

Sophia takes out the mage and then Eliwood after Oboro tanked him, Bartre and Tobin both 2-shot the armours.

Map 3: 5* Springcina (Blue Egg+ +Spd, Desperation 3, Ardent Sacrifice, Dragon Fang, DC 3), Julia (Reposition, G!Tomebreaker 3), 4* Henry (Reposition, TA3, Bowbreaker 3), +1 Lilina (Draw Back, Glacies, G!Tomebreaker 3)

Mage massacre. Had to redo because I left Julia in range of Nowi with Threaten Res, which got her killed in 4 hits.

Lilina takes on the green mage, Henry demolishes the bow, Julia and Springcina take out Nowi and Henry gets taken out by Lilina and Springcina.

Map 4: 5* Witch Nowi (Reposition, Draconic Aura), Bunnilla (New Moon, Rally Attack, Spur Spd 2, Iote's Shield), Newmilla (No changes, Speed Bond 2), Newzura (No changes)

The moment I saw a strat with Flier cheese, I knew I had to. Newmilla breaks Narcian, there's a collaborate effort for the cleric, and then the long hit and run begins. No need to explain the long process but in short, armours fall over to mages running away.

Map 5: 5* B!Lyn (Swap, Hone Cav, SAA5 1), Ursula (Keen Blarwolf+ Special, Reposition, Moonbow, Lancebreaker 3, Ward Cav), Xander (Swap, Bonfire, QR2, Ward Cav Hardy Bearing 3), Titania (Iceberg, Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cav, HP +3)

Horse Emblem cheese, sure. But I earned it after the last maps. Lyn kills pretty much everyone after Xander tanks Mist and Titania, Ursula kills the mage.