Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

I had a lot more trouble than I'd anticipated with SA 18.

Spoiler

Map 1: Daggerick, Leif, B!Ike, SummeRobin

Map 2: Tailtiu, Dorcas, Newkumi, Sanaki

Map 3: Azura, M!Morgan, Lucius, F!Robin

Map 4: Lancina, Innes, Marth, Julia

Map 5: Nephenee, Canas, Linus, Takumi

Honestly, This convinced me that Summer Leo is unsalvagable. Ever since I got one of the worst seasonals, I have tried to make him able to tank green mages and take them out. He was unable to do it here (though this is far from the first time he's failed to take out a green mage) and I have to say that he's just.... bad if he can't even do one job. Canas and Raigh being in a worse tier is unacceptable to me, though it looks like Canas has just been neglected by lists. So I ended up having to restart the team comp and strategy. After failing 6 or so times. I have had Summer Leo for nearly a year and he's never felt like a useful unit. To be fair Takumi couldn't do what he was there for either, but at least I could trust him to do more than that.

TLDR: Summer Leo is bad and IS should feel bad for making him.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I had a lot more trouble than I'd anticipated with SA 18.

Reveal hidden contents

Map 1: Daggerick, Leif, B!Ike, SummeRobin

Map 2: Tailtiu, Dorcas, Newkumi, Sanaki

Map 3: Azura, M!Morgan, Lucius, F!Robin

Map 4: Lancina, Innes, Marth, Julia

Map 5: Nephenee, Canas, Linus, Takumi

Honestly, This convinced me that Summer Leo is unsalvagable. Ever since I got one of the worst seasonals, I have tried to make him able to tank green mages and take them out. He was unable to do it here (though this is far from the first time he's failed to take out a green mage) and I have to say that he's just.... bad if he can't even do one job. Canas and Raigh being in a worse tier is unacceptable to me, though it looks like Canas has just been neglected by lists. So I ended up having to restart the team comp and strategy. After failing 6 or so times. I have had Summer Leo for nearly a year and he's never felt like a useful unit. To be fair Takumi couldn't do what he was there for either, but at least I could trust him to do more than that.

TLDR: Summer Leo is bad and IS should feel bad for making him.

Julius basically obseleted Summer Leo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've cleared a bunch, but I'll just nmention the most recent, P31+32.

Idunn just eats the first part mostly alone (though with the boosts the enemies get in 31+32, Myrrh in particular gets some combat. So do the others, I'd argue F!Grima got a few hefself), though I'm eventually burnt out and from the fifth map a flier team of NY!Fjrom, GunntNY, Brinian and Kinoka took the rest out themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:08 AM, Flying Shogi said:

Fire garden took a few tries but I'm still stuck on the Wind garden. I'm going to have to come back to it.

What units do you have with wind blessings?

Meanwhile, SA 21 is on.

Spoiler

Map 1: Kidzura, 4* Niles, Sanaki, Lilina. Niles did nothing, Azura dealt with the blue armour and Sanaki and Lilina beat the rest.

Map 2: Summer Leo, Daggerick, Legion, Lyon. Frederick takes on Newkumi on EP after being smote up, the pulls back and swaps with Lyon, who finishes. the mage is tanked by either red mage, then Norrin is held back by Lyon. Either mage finishes, then Legion sits and 1-rounds the cav.

Map 3: Norrin, Nephenee, M!Morgan, Deirdre. Thanks to Spd Ploy and some speed boosting, Morgan takes out LALilina, I then pull back allowing Nephenee and Norrin to tank the sword and Bowy respectively, before finishing them off and Deirdre 1-rounds the manakete.

Map 4: Canas, Lewyn, Marth, Azura. Canas starts by tanking and sadly not 1-rounding Bunfonse. He gets dragged back, finishes and then tanks Bunrena, then I pull back and wait for chances to snipe the mage with Lewyn and the flier with Azura.

Map 5: Leif, Roy, F!Robin, Tailtiu. Roy blows away the manakete, then I move in such a way as to get F!Robin in range of the blue mage after a turn out of everyone's range. Once she finishes it, Leif repositions her out of range so that he tanks GrooMarth. He or Roy finishes him, the group wait for Bridja so that Tailtiu can 1-round. Had to restart twice, left myself in a bad place to be picked off.

TLDR: Only lost due to suboptimal placement. I've missed easier clears.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

What units do you have with wind blessings?

Most of my wind blessed units are mages as I only have Gunnthra as my wind legendary unit with a few that hit on the physical side like ToD!Jakob, Hardin, Joshua, Flora, and Hawkeye.

I just cleared the wind garden. My usual starting team of PA!Shigure, Gunnthra, Felicia, and Joshua was able to clear the initial map fairly quickly but Joshua wasn't doing much so I used him for the second map to deal with the sword pegasus that I was having trouble with.

• 5 weeks later...

SA22. I know, boring.

Spoiler

Map 1: Leif, Saias, Summer!Xander, Rebecca

Map 2: Daggerick, Jeorge, Innes, Norrin

Map 3: V!Ike, Lancina, Dorcas, Lissa

Map 4: M!Robin, Tailtiu, Lyn, 4* Olivia

Map 5: Canas, Ishtar Lewyn, Takumi

I hate the dancer map AI.

• 2 weeks later...

Just when I’d let myself forget how annoying Flora was in her tempest trial...

On the bright side I’m so close to finishing all the currently available chain challenges, just gotta do the newest ones on normal and the last two sets on hard. 

• 1 month later...

It has come to my attention that this thread still serves a valuable purpose to this sub, so I will unlock it. I will put more consideration into my decisions for this sub-forum for now on.

I'm still learning the ropes, and I hope y'all can forgive me for inconveniencing you.

Edited by Captain Karnage

Sorry for not christening the thread with some clears sooner. I.... I may have been tripping on some of these a bit. I didn't even get to write down the team for 24.

Spoiler

1 F!Robin Azura Sanaki Norrin
2 M!Robin Lancina Jeorge M!Morgan
3 Nephenee B!Ike Rebecca Lissa
4 Lyon Olivia Kliff Sonya
5 SLeo Canas Fellthea Deirdre

SA 25

Spoiler

Map 1: F!Robin, 4* Gordin, Daggerick, BridLyn

Map 2: Leif, Tailtiu, Dorcas, Fellkumi

Map 3: Lilina, Azura, Fellthea, Sonya

Map 4: M!Robin, Roy, Lewyn, 4* Olivia

Map 5: Lyon, Kliff, Summer!Tlgr, Kronya

3 caused more issues than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, that free kaden on the legendary banner is amazing for ingame content.

L!Eliwood provides Nailah with Bonus Doubler and Atk/Def +6

L!Azura grants Kaden 7/7/7/7

Kaden grants Nailah Spd/Res +6

Nailah gets 6/6/6/6 buffs, doubled, kaden’s 7/7/7/7, goad beasts and Wolf Queen’s Fang’s Atk/Spd +6

All this means that Nailah, in chain challenges, has the following stats:

Nailah +10/+10: 

51 HP, 87 Atk, 74 Spd, 59 Def and 50 Res

With a 1 CD noontime, she just tanks everything. Even TA green axes had a nice Tink going on. 

Reinforcement maps are the only issue. But there are other teams for that.

• 1 month later...