Newest update appears to kill game for all emulators/rooted/jailbroken devices, even Bluestacks

TheNiddo

For those who didn't know before: couldn't do the hacking stuff on Bluestacks by itself. My Bluestacks emulator is now doing the exact same thing Nox/Jailbroken/Rooted device users are reporting: crashing immediately upon opening. Supposedly Magisk might working I'm testing that out right now. 

If you are using one of those for your game right now and haven't grabbed the latest version yet: make sure you've registered your account first so you can save it by logging in on another device.

I would also not log in from a rooted/emulated device for a week or so, even if it does start working.  This could be an attempt to get people to stop using emulators and could signal incomming account bans on people that go around it.  Just see if things settle down.

6 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Sooo this game just died?

Nah, it's still working on MEmu (an emulator), so long as you follow the steps for the FateGO bypass. If this update was meant to be a carpet ban on root/emulators there'll be more problems in the future, of course, but Nintendo probably would've sent some kind of warning in the 'to you' section of the announcement board if they were planning to ban ban emulator users, so I'm not too worried.

Nope, the FGO memu doesn't have Safety Net disabled so you gonna het the error 803-3001 sooner or later. And since you can't actually edit the data files, you can't delete the deviceaccount.xml to restart the game either.

Not even with root explorer?

EDIT: Using root explorer I cannot convince it it'sd rooted even if it clearly is. So this might be a problem still.

Edited by Silith13

22 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Memu appears to work fine, same way as the FateGO bypass. Just follow the directions either in the video or in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjXQUmTEHs

Thanks for the link.

I can confirm this works on my PC, at least... I'll probably have to reinstall the game regularly to get past the errors, but it's better than not being able to play at all.

15 hours ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Thanks for the link.

I can confirm this works on my PC, at least... I'll probably have to reinstall the game regularly to get past the errors, but it's better than not being able to play at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lavi6/possible_psa_for_ios_jailbroken_users_v150/djtbf01/ gives directions on how to remove device.xml without having to root MEmu.

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/03/27/how-to-setup-lan-in-win10/ < if you find trouble getting MEmu bridged, try using these directions instead. (MEmu's bridging is wonky for win10)

Edited by DehNutCase

I'm on a rooted phone but I never encounter the same issue the OP had. Of course I have the 3001 error as usual which is easily solved with a terminal shortcut I had set up for it.

Are you sure this is not an emulator specific problem?

31 minutes ago, NoblePink said:

I'm on a rooted phone but I never encounter the same issue the OP had. Of course I have the 3001 error as usual which is easily solved with a terminal shortcut I had set up for it.

Are you sure this is not an emulator specific problem?

Yep, checked on GameFAQs and Reddit both. MEnu is currently the only one getting past it for a PC emulator consistently and is getting error codes frequently. For on android stuff Magisk is working, no errors from what I understand. Bluestacks 2/3 miiiiight work but its very shaky/error code prone by what I'm seeing + need additional downloads. As well Bluestacks 2/3 chugs a lot, it was Bluestacks 1 that could run the game smoothly.

Multiple jailbroken phone models, Nox, Bluestacks 1, Andy, all confirmed to be dead.

There are a couple scattered cases where an individual isn't getting kicked but nothing consistent. In several of those cases they came back later to say they are now getting kicked. A few people with unaltered androids are getting hit as well, though Nintendo is working on fixing that. 

On 5/7/2017 at 3:30 AM, DehNutCase said:

Memu appears to work fine, same way as the FateGO bypass. Just follow the directions either in the video or in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjXQUmTEHs

I'm trying this right now, and I get the same error where the game automatically crashes. The instructions in the video seem to point towards FGO, though I just assumed the ending step would be to install Heroes instead of it.

1. I installed the Android 5.1 package.

2. The unrooted version, which supposedly is just talking about FGO rather than the actual emulator?

Just now, Soul~! said:

I'm trying this right now, and I get the same error where the game automatically crashes. The instructions in the video seem to point towards FGO, though I just assumed the ending step would be to install Heroes instead of it.

1. I installed the Android 5.1 package.

2. The unrooted version, which supposedly is just talking about FGO rather than the actual emulator?

No, the unrooted version is talking about a specific emulator version you were supposed to import from.

https://mega.nz/#!Oo8TjQSA!zT0akTB_pCg1XxzwJ2IahQ-hrDvIebHNgNPbdSCBfEM

Download the file, import it via the multiplayer, and play from the emulator instance created from the import.

54 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Yeah, thats what I'm doing. The game still crashes. Any chance it could be related to the download source as well?

Hmm... I don't know that's going on, then, since my game's working fine, and I downloaded from the video's links. (Also, you might want to quote me or use @DehNutCase so I get a notice to respond.)

I hate to sound like a tech support guy, but you should probably try uninstalling MEmu and redoing all the steps over again.

1, Download MEmu and install.

2, Install 5.1 Android Firmware.

3, Import the unrooted MEmu instance.

4, Installing FEH.

Edit: Oh yeah, I did have some problems with the installation because my files weren't downloaded properly, so make sure to download the files one at a time.

Edited by DehNutCase

I believe the best way to play on emu currently is by using Bluestacks2/3, root it with this tool, and pray it won't get error 803-3001 too often.
If it did trigger the safety net error but you're too lazy to delete deviceaccount.xml from the data file, then you can use this app to automatically do it every time.

6 hours ago, ainomead said:

I believe the best way to play on emu currently is by using Bluestacks2/3, root it with this tool, and pray it won't get error 803-3001 too often.
If it did trigger the safety net error but you're too lazy to delete deviceaccount.xml from the data file, then you can use this app to automatically do it every time.

I don't want to jump the gun quick, but this was the fastest solution that just worked for me.

Regardless, a big massive heads up for @DehNutCase for sticking up all the way.

I've heard about FEHRestart just the other day, but I thought it was just a cheap re-rolling tool ("cheap" as bad in sportsmanship/"unethical").

I'm using MEmu (I'm feeling lazy to download Bluestacks, register my account again and root it), but I'm still having the dreaded Safety Net induced error. I can't find device.xml because I've never used ESFileExplorer that much, and the FEH reloader says my emulator isn't rooted (although the root option is marked, go figure).

If anyone is having issues, I'd suggest you try Andy OS.  I don't now why no one uses it, it is by far the fastest and most reliable emulator out there.  Though, it is a complicated install.

Just now, Lushen said:

If anyone is having issues, I'd suggest you try Andy OS.  I don't now why no one uses it, it is by far the fastest and most reliable emulator out there.  Though, it is a complicated install.

Aren't you having issues with the 3003-something error?

3 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Aren't you having issues with the 3003-something error?

I haven't used an emulator in a couple months.  Of Android x86 through Phoenix and Remix, MEMu, Bluestacks, NoX, AMIDuOS, and Windroy, only Andy OS worked for me before.  Additionally, it was considerably faster than Bluestacks which no one should be using because it is the most poorly optimized android emulator out there.

Edited by Lushen

9 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'm using MEmu (I'm feeling lazy to download Bluestacks, register my account again and root it), but I'm still having the dreaded Safety Net induced error. I can't find device.xml because I've never used ESFileExplorer that much, and the FEH reloader says my emulator isn't rooted (although the root option is marked, go figure).

I'm using MEmu too and as far as I know the inability to use root explorer is because of the nature of the installation (making the emulator seem unrooted so that FEH won't crash on launch). There's an alternative way to access the deviceAccount:.xml file detailed here which is complicated to set up but pretty painless afterwards. Hopefully someone will find a permanent workaround sometime though.

Is anyone else having problems again after the latest update? I switched to Memu, and it was working fine... until about the time the servers reset today. Now I keep getting errors before I can even connect the game to my Nintendo account. I wonder if they changed something to lock out emulators again.

38 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Is anyone else having problems again after the latest update? I switched to Memu, and it was working fine... until about the time the servers reset today. Now I keep getting errors before I can even connect the game to my Nintendo account. I wonder if they changed something to lock out emulators again.

I had a 803 during a pull, but currently no problems while I'm grinding training strata.