New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin and Lissa confirmed, which isnt surprising. Lucina either, but its nice to see Frederick. Wasnt expecting an announcement for him so soon. Ana will want to see that.

Looks like the trailers might be themed. This one obviously was based on Awakening, thus the "Heroes Awakening" title. Maybe that means reveal trailers will be based on one of the games when they are thrown out there.

Character wise, looks like they made Lissa use an axe from the beginning, which makes sense. I  cant see how they were going to make a basic healer actually fun to use for a Warriors game without some form of combat abilities. Frederick is obviously an axe wielding cavalier, Robin using magic with no sword in sight just yet, and then Lucina who is obviously a sword wielder.

Forgive the crudeness, but I came. Maybe it's just me but the visuals look better then what they were like at E3. Also Freddy, top tier hunk.

@Anacybele, I bet you're happy.

Edited by Azz

Yeah, as soon as I saw Frederick, I knew somebody would be excited : P

It's also pretty funny how the Awakening trio are from the beginning of the Awakening timeline. Before they become heroes.

Edited by VincentASM

I was on a FE break since its on a drought for the system games but I obviously expected Male Robin, Lissa Lucina and even Frederick. Now I'm positive Sakura and Elise will have their weapon type from promotion to use plus healer sister supports.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Lissa's VA sounds different. Still could be Kate Higgins, but it's a bit offputting.

Two axe units, good.

...And that's Alexis Tipton as Lucina. Heard Laura Bailey may be going on a break from VO work, so it's not terribly surprising.
I just want some actual gameplay of them.

I can't watch the trailer because I'm away from internet until Friday. Seeing screenshot from different places, Lissa and Freddy seems to main Axes? That's awesome, hopefully Fred gets to use Lances too.

the dialogue here is kinda dumb

"Your body... it's all aglow with blue light, Chrom!"

yeah I think he can tell dude

and then chrom's like "Right... I agree with Lissa."

like maybe that's not the actual line and someone actually spoke between there but it seems really awkward since like... the "right" is enough to make it pretty clear what he means, so it makes the little pause in between seem really weird and unncessary

anyway I still don't plan on getting this game but it looks fine I guess

haven't really seen any characters I'd get excited about yet though 

Hm, interesting. While I'm still rather disappointed we have yet another sword user, at least we have two confirmed axe users in Frederick and Lissa. M!Robin himself being a tome user is nice to see. 

As for Sakura in a possible future trailer, if Lissa is any indication, Scrolls and Yumi for the complete miko theme. 

The weirdest thing in the trailer is the disconnect between voices and viusals...

Anyways I'm hoping to see some gameplay soon especially from Robin :) though I'm kind of sad he seems to be only using tomes and not his smash bros levin sword tome combination.

Also: Am I the only one that thinks the art style is not at all that good?

Yeah! Lissa and Frederick being Axe users is great since Axes are my favorite of the three main weapon triangle weapons! Robin's main weapon being a tome is also good! Lucina is the only new character in the trailer who is a sword user (which was expected of her since her main weapon is Falchion.)

4 minutes ago, unique said:

the dialogue here is kinda dumb

"Your body... it's all aglow with blue light, Chrom!"

yeah I think he can tell dude

and then chrom's like "Right... I agree with Lissa."

like maybe that's not the actual line and someone actually spoke between there but it seems really awkward since like... the "right" is enough to make it pretty clear what he means, so it makes the little pause in between seem really weird and unncessary

anyway I still don't plan on getting this game but it looks fine I guess

haven't really seen any characters I'd get excited about yet though 

I can't say I particularly enjoyed the voice acting either. However, it's still slightly early, so they may not be entirely done with it. And, of course, it's all probably out of context anyway.

Lissa with an axe is neat. I mean, I know it's her standard class progression, but it's still fun to see some "delicate" princess wave around some massive axe. On a similar topic, I thought Frederick mostly used lances. He starts Awakening with a Silver Lance, so why are they switching him to axes? Or will he be able to choose between lances and axes (and swords, for that matter).

For those curious, Japanese Trailer.

Dub seems slightly better than what we were shown at E3.

Or maybe I was just paranoid we wouldn't be getting dual audio.

It seems as though the very first world the characters go into in the story is going to be the Awakening world, perhaps meeting Marth just before?

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

On a similar topic, I thought Frederick mostly used lances. He starts Awakening with a Silver Lance, so why are they switching him to axes? Or will he be able to choose between lances and axes (and swords, for that matter).

It's likely based on a line from Awakening, where Frederick apparently has a slight fondness for bringing down the axe.

Not familiar with the Japanese script of Awakening, but if it's in here, it was more than likely not something the localisation added for flavour

Robin: Check

Lucina: Check

Marth-cina: Check

Lissa wielding axes: Check

Frederick: Check

Get ready for Frederick Emblem 2.0 ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Cheesy Dialogue be damned!

And while we're summoning people, let's not forget to get @Jedi in here RGaYS2c.png

The art looks fantastic, and I'm glad Lissa is using axes.

Hopefully, a certain someone is happy now due to Frederick.

Marth still remains the only SD character, so will we be seeing some Archanean love next? Whelp, let's see, because I'm so damn excited for this game.

Just now, Lautsuu said:

Marth still remains the only SD character, so will we be seeing some Archanean love next?

It'd be nice if they did before Fates.  Archanea really does need some love.  We need our OG fliers and whoever else they decide to bring in.

Though @Jedi probably has work and/or a life elsewhere, I'll join in the summoning the circle.

2 minutes ago, Escalario said:

Quality trailer right there. Generic lines and zero gameplay. They're really screwing this up after the great trailers Hyrule Warriors had.

The official site calls it the "Japan Expo" trailer-- likely something short meant to be shown on repeat at a booth.

Lissa and Frederick with Axes are quite nice. Now all we need is Camus for the Horse Emblem triangle.

I like Lucina and she was pretty much guarenteed. Even as a sword user.

Robin being our first mage is cool. Hopefully there'll be others showing up as well.