New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

Pretty interesting that Lissa uses axes. I wonder if she will have the Lighting Axe as weapon, to reflect the fact that she also a magical unit. In fact, I wonder what will be the ultimate weapon of characters that lack Legendary Weapons.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we got 5 Awakening characters from this trailer. If there's going to be theme like Warriors' blank then I think we can expect 5 from each.

Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa and Frederick

Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva and Camus

Fates might be tricky if they decide to do Birthright/Conquest for trailers which means...

Ryoma, Takumi, Saizo, Oboro and ???

Xander, Leo, Laslow, Niles and ???

Though I guess maybe just 4 from each with Corrin with Jakob/Kaze adding up to 10 Fates characters.

But anyway back to the trailer I really felt a smile on face seeing the Awakening characters. Awakening will always have a special place in my heart for getting my back into the franchise because Shadow Dragon just did not leave a good impression on me at all when I got finished playing it.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm rather satisfied with this. I always thought Frederick was one of the better choices, I quite like Lisa too and am glad she wields an axe.

I will miss Laura Bailey though. Does anyone know why's she's taking a bit of a break?

I think it may have something to do with her union? Because keep in mind for whatever reason in Heroes her name isn't even listed there and they had to get someone else for the new Lucina versions which just raised my eyebrows at that.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm rather satisfied with this. I always thought Frederick was one of the better choices, I quite like Lisa too and am glad she wields an axe.

I will miss Laura Bailey though. Does anyone know why's she's taking a bit of a break?

Beats me; her husband's still pretty active. 

6 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

So we got 5 Awakening characters from this trailer. If there's going to be theme like Warriors' blank then I think we can expect 5 from each.

Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa and Frederick

Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva and Camus

Fates might be tricky if they decide to do Birthright/Conquest for trailers which means...

Ryoma, Takumi, Saizo, Oboro and ???

Xander, Leo, Laslow, Niles and ???

Though I guess maybe just 4 from each with Corrin with Jakob/Kaze adding up to 10 Fates characters.

But anyway back to the trailer I really felt a smile on face seeing the Awakening characters. Awakening will always have a special place in my heart for getting my back into the franchise because Shadow Dragon just did not leave a good impression on me at all when I got finished playing it.

I'm honestly expecting the Fates representation to be all the royal sibs minus Hinoka with Azura.

Also, Laura wasn't credited in Awakening-- it's a common practice for union VAs to go uncredited for smaller roles, as it would take too much time to deal with a union contract. Similar deal likely happened with Heroes' initial wave, and now she's on her break.

Edited by The DanMan

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Pretty interesting that Lissa uses axes. I wonder if she will have the Lighting Axe as weapon, to reflect the fact that she also a magical unit. In fact, I wonder what will be the ultimate weapon of characters that lack Legendary Weapons.

There might be made up unique/legendary weapons for each character perhaps? Looking at Robin's tome in that trailer, it doesn't look like any tome from any of the mainline FE games, but lightning can be briefly seen crackling from his hand too. I think they might have made a unique tome for Robin to channel his usual thunder magic from.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

@Anacybele, I bet you're happy.

YES!

If I can't have Ike, I want my other favorite FE character and I'm getting him! x3 Freddy in all his handsomeness and awesomeness <3 Love that axe twirl!

Also, I knew Lissa would use an axe as well, because it sounded too amusing for someone like Koei to pass up after they freaking did Agitha in HW. :P

Which we would've seen some gameplay of them, but I can be patient just knowing Freddy's there! <3

WOOHOO!!

Well, it seems that maybe this seal of flames is different from archanea one. That could possibly be interesting. Glad that lissa is an axe user and not a tome user. Still nothing entirely shocking.

Oh yeah, those wondering why Freddy's been getting axes lately rather than lances, I think it's more because the primary weapon of the Great Knight class in general seems to be axes. They can use them while their Paladin counterparts cannot and they're more about their strength and defense. Freddy starts out with a Silver Lance in Awakening, but that may be due simply to tradition. Every Jagen/Oifey that was a cav knight started with one.

Also, balance. Freddy's one of the few good choices who can actually use axes.

EDIT: That's weird, I can see it, DanMan...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Image does not load, privacy error.

*Uploaded it; surprised Puush would give an issue.

ss+(2017-07-05+at+09.29.17).png

Yes! Frederick is in! Literally my favorite character in awakening! I'm kinda satisfied now but I want to see archers, peg. Knights and wyverns tho

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I know, I'm not quite sold on Tipton yet, but she did okay as "Marth" in Heroes.

20 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Beats me; her husband's still pretty active. 

I'm honestly expecting the Fates representation to be all the royal sibs minus Hinoka with Azura.

Also, Laura wasn't credited in Awakening-- it's a common practice for union VAs to go uncredited for smaller roles, as it would take too much time to deal with a union contract. Similar deal likely happened with Heroes' initial wave, and now she's on her break.

But she was credited in Fates for a smaller role since Lucina was a bonus character and I don't think she voiced anyone else.

Anyways, this is essentially the buy me trailer for me. I think they all look nice, and it's interesting that they seem to have been pulled from the beginning of Awakening which is a bit odd, but it does explain why they can't just destroy the game alone. I'm guessing "Marth" will end up on the enemy team for some reason, you'll beat her, and she joins you. That or she goes off on her own showing up from time to time.

I'm really glad my favorite arsonist is in this game and another Cav which is the class I'm looking for to the most because horse flips. No Virion however pretty much seals Takumi being playable and I wonder what is gonna be the first Lancer announced?

Kinda disappointed to see Lissa with axes only because I think it reduces Charlotte's already low chance of getting in. Ah well, not much you can do. Other than that though I do like Lissa and I'm excited to see how else she is going to play.

I'm really liking the design of Frederick's horse and him in general! Wasn't too crazy about him at first but I think that might change. I hope he plays a lot differently than Xander.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Lissa's VA sounds different. Still could be Kate Higgins, but it's a bit offputting.

Two axe units, good.

...And that's Alexis Tipton as Lucina. Heard Laura Bailey may be going on a break from VO work, so it's not terribly surprising.
I just want some actual gameplay of them.

Really? Lissa sounds exactly the same as always to me.

16 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Yes! Frederick is in! Literally my favorite character in awakening! I'm kinda satisfied now but I want to see archers, peg. Knights and wyverns tho

So I'm not the only one here that loves him! Yay! ^^ <3

I think I need to dub this month the Month of Frederick! He's actually gotten more attention than any other character so far between Heroes and Warriors now! Frederick is on the current new banner in Heroes, now he's revealed in Warriors. So much Frederick, it kinda hurts! x3

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

I'm really glad my favorite arsonist is in this game and another Cav which is the class I'm looking for to the most because horse flips. No Virion however pretty much seals Takumi being playable and I wonder what is gonna be the first Lancer announced?

If the early Awakening cast is any indication, it'll probably be Jagen, Draug or Caeda. 

I hope Sakura is playable and that she has the scrolls and yumi. 

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, no Sumia, we're all counting out Hinoka... good thing Caeda exists!

Chances are we'll get all the siblings since they're all early allies in their respective routes with the exception of Xander and Ryoma but those are already confirmed. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, no Sumia, we're all counting out Hinoka... good thing Caeda exists!

I feel Hinoka has a small chance. She is a royal, and if they have all the other ones they're kind of obligated to put her in. She does face serious competition with Cordelia and Caeda though.

Edited by Pokechu