New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

It makes sense that Awakening would be the first to be shown, considering how Chrom himself was the first person ever, come the game's announcement. I'll admit I had reservations at first regarding Lucina, but then I realized I won't really care in the long run. No disappointments here.

Edited by Motendra

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people are happy to see Frederick! That's so neat. ^^

I thought more people would be like "Oh, Frederick, okay then" or something like that. :P But I'm not complaining!

I want to make a Month of Frederick thread in FFtF now since he's gotten all this attention lately in Heroes and now Warriors, but that might be too obnoxious of me... :P

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mah gawd I wish they would shut up about bonds.

Look up the friendship cutscenes in Dragon Quest Heroes. They could say bonds like 50 more times and it won't make me cringe more than DQ did

Friendship and bonds between warriors have been a thing in FE forever too. I don't get why people complain about it all of a sudden. Maybe Awakening and Fates puts a little more emphasis on it, but those games DO have marriage and family themes, so it would naturally be a bit more prominent there.

1 minute ago, Fireball260 said:

Look up the friendship cutscenes in Dragon Quest Heroes. They could say bonds like 50 more times and it won't make me cringe more than DQ did

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Friendship and bonds between warriors have been a thing in FE forever too. I don't get why people complain about it all of a sudden. Maybe Awakening and Fates puts a little more emphasis on it, but those games DO have marriage and family themes, so it would naturally be a bit more prominent there.

The "bonds" speech by Robin was actually kinda cool in Awakening, but Chrom liked that word so much he decided he must say it every time he shows up on the screen in any media. Kill me.

54 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I will miss Laura Bailey though.

It's weird for me because I'm playing a game where she lent her talent, and there's this mohawk doctor chick with her voice so I associate her with Lucina, but now Lucina doesn't have Laura as her voice for some of the more recent stuff, so I'm in a weird state of mind about it all.

55 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

So we got 5 Awakening characters from this trailer. If there's going to be theme like Warriors' blank then I think we can expect 5 from each.

Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa and Frederick

Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva and Camus

Fates might be tricky if they decide to do Birthright/Conquest for trailers which means...

Ryoma, Takumi, Saizo, Oboro and ???

Xander, Leo, Laslow, Niles and ???

Though I guess maybe just 4 from each with Corrin with Jakob/Kaze adding up to 10 Fates characters.

Forgetting Corrin in that list; I think it's unlikely they'd omit Corrin from the Fates trailers.  Also if they got the likes of Camilla or Azura in the reserves, I highly doubt they'd leave either of them out of the trailers either.  I'm thinking we'll probably get just the royals for these trailers, but who knows?

We may even get three sets of Fates trailers.  I say this because of the orbs; each royal sword belongs to an orb, and we've got three swords from Fates (Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried).  So if I were to guess, we'd probably get the two kingdoms' plus Corrin's own special one probably showcasing fewer characters (probably Azura and someone like Kaze who is shared among all paths).

Though I'm not sure if it wouldn't just be one big trailer...  There are a number of ways the Fates trailers can go, I guess.

20 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

I wonder what is gonna be the first Lancer announced?

I predict it'll be either a pegasus knight or Azura.  Unless a) they did Fates before SD, b) they were doing the Fates trailers exactly how I explained above (the three sets deal), and c) they omitted Hinoka, in which case it'd obviously be RGaYS2c.png .

Though I don't see why they wouldn't show a pegasus knight as soon as they can after they hyped up fliers through interviews.  I'm gonna throw it out there and guess the first lancer will be Caeda.

19 minutes ago, Torii said:

Kinda disappointed to see Lissa with axes only because I think it reduces Charlotte's already low chance of getting in.

It'd be nice if she got in.  Her or Arthur, really.  Or both.  Do I think either will?  Nope.  But Charlotte's definitely my favorite of the Fates fanservice squad, so I'd absolutely be down to clown with her being in this game.

Also, in case it needs to be said, no one should assume that all the trailers we get will show all the available characters.  I mean, I'm not even slightly disappointed (in fact, I'm perfectly content since we know Fred's in the game now), but I know there were some out there who saw Lucy and thought, "Goddammit, another sword user!" or were disappointed that there was no Tharja or whoever else.

So now we have all the obvious/leaked Awakening characters out of the way, plus Frederick as an axe Cavalier, neat. Based on this I assume that Fates and SD will get their own dedicated trailers later, after these newcomers get their own gameplay trailers. Personally I think that Lucina will be our last sword user.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mah gawd I wish they would shut up about bonds.

They should really learn to build an army and trust nobody, as is the proper Fire Emblem way (unfortunately for Dorcas).

Edited by Lightchao42

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The "bonds" speech by Robin was actually kinda cool in Awakening, but Chrom liked that word so much he decided he must say it every time he shows up on the screen in any media. Kill me.

Yeah, fair point, I think that's a reason I found him so corny and boring. I believe in friendships and bonds actually strengthening people in ways, but you don't need to mention it all the freaking time. :P

But more reason to be glad Freddy's in this game! He don't do that shit. lol He too serious and stuff. <3 That's one reason I love him, actually, he's one of the more realistic, standout, and human characters in Awakening. He has so much to him that nobody in the game seems to compare. We learn all these little tidbits about him in the game either through supports or the barracks:

- He hates gamey meat
- He grew up in a village in the hills
- He was attacked by a wolf as a little boy, and is afraid of wild animals because of it
- He likes collecting certain things like rare mushrooms (and pebbles and seashells lol)
- He likes knitting and sewing
- He likes campfires
- He's passionate about exercise
- He actually HATES training, but does it anyway because he knows he has to! This is one reason I think he's amazing as a person too, not just a character. This means he's willing to repeatedly put himself through things he totally hates for the sake of others.
- He has a big soft side behind his serious and stern exterior and will even hug you and cry in happiness if you please him greatly!

Heroes tells us a little more!

- He's a bit of a gardener
- He's an accomplished swimmer
- He's self-conscious about his body and is shy about showing skin (but Freddy, dem muscles... D:), resulting in his preference to dress more modestly
- He has an interest in sea creatures

Was there ever another character in the series who we were given so many little details about? This is all so cute and gives Freddy really nice depth and character!

Also, on the topic of VAs, I'm glad Kyle Hebert has kept coming back to do Frederick! No one can match his ability to voice the guy, I swear. Frederick needs special talent due to the way he speaks. Only Hebert has that now since he's gotten plenty experience in voicing him.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

i honestly don't see any retainer getting in, beside Kaze and Felicia. None of them are really all that popular and I think the Awakening!Trio is more popular than the Fates!Trio.

Niles and Oboro are the most popular retainers from Conquest and Birthright respectively and Jakob is more popular than Felicia according to the Fates poll and because they picked Female Corrin it makes since that they would choose Jakob and have there be a dagger unit (not to mention having Jakob fight Frederick would be cool to see the battle of the butlers lol). Kaze and Felicia were 10th place for males and females (though Felicia is actually 11th if you count Nina who is 10th but a Fates child). 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

(not to mention having Jakob fight Frederick would be cool to see the battle of the butlers lol).

This actually can happen in Fates! lol If you bring Jakob to the Before Awakening DLC, you can have him fight Frederick if you want and they have a special conversation where they argue over who is better at serving their lords. XD

@SatsumaFSoysoy Yeah, exactly. Great Knights are more associated with axes, so that and balance are likely the main reasons that Freddy's been getting them as his main weapon.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This actually can happen in Fates! lol If you bring Jakob to the Before Awakening DLC, you can have him fight Frederick if you want and they have a special conversation where they argue over who is better at serving their lords. XD

Exactly, I want to see that happen for real this time. XD

42 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

I'm really glad my favorite arsonist is in this game and another Cav which is the class I'm looking for to the most because horse flips. No Virion however pretty much seals Takumi being playable and I wonder what is gonna be the first Lancer announced?

They could have both.

34 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, no Sumia, we're all counting out Hinoka... good thing Caeda exists!

And Cordelia. 

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It is kind of ironic that Chrom kind of just stole the speech that he made fun of.

3 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Niles and Oboro are the most popular retainers from Conquest and Birthright respectively and Jakob is more popular than Felicia according to the Fates poll and because they picked Female Corrin it makes since that they would choose Jakob and have there be a dagger unit (not to mention having Jakob fight Frederick would be cool to see the battle of the butlers lol). Kaze and Felicia were 10th place for males and females (though Felicia is actually 11th if you count Nina who is 10th but a Fates child). 

But in the end, no retainer is more popular than the royal they serve...except maybe male Corrin's.

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Exactly, I want to see that happen for real this time. XD

Ah, then yeah, it'd be pretty funny. lol I cracked up at that conversation in the DLC. First they're arguing, then they shake hands and be friends. XD

Also, I'd like Cordelia over Sumia, no question. I can't stand Sumia and I'm a Cordelia fan. Hinoka over Caeda too. Hinoka is cool and I'm sad that she's not that popular. Hinoka and Ryoma are the best royal siblings, imo. Well, I could put Takumi there too.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Niles and Oboro are the most popular retainers from Conquest and Birthright respectively and Jakob is more popular than Felicia according to the Fates poll and because they picked Female Corrin is makes since that they would choose Jakob and have there be a dagger unit (not to mention having Jakob fight Frederick would be cool to see the battle of the butlers lol). Kaze and Felicia were 10th place for males and females (though Felicia is actually 11th if you count Nina who is 10th but a Fates child). 

Niles and Oboro face competition from Takumi and Azura respectively. They're both foot archers and lances. And in general, Fates just has a large character pool. It's hard to pick side characters when there's 10 main characters. Also, Female Corrin will get both butlers regardless and she actually gets Felicia before she gets Xander, in both Revelations and Conquest.

While Jakob scored higher on the Fates poll, Felicia scored higher on the Heroes poll. She was 14th out of all the females! That's really good! She was 29th overall, compared to Jakob who was 62nd. Not to mention how Felicia is the only character who got official artwork for Fates, besides the 10 Royals (I don't mean the 4Koma art, she got art similar to how the royals did.)

EDIT: Arthur97 had a good point too, there's no retainer more popular than their royal (besides Male Corrin :lol:)

Edited by Pokechu

At first I felt awkward that Lissa holding an axe for fighting...and then I forgot that she can promote to a war cleric. Nice concept.

Overall..come on, there's nothing unexpected here as we kinda saw it coming since this is the lord and saviour of the franchise itself.

Now to get Virion and Lon'qu on the other hand........

1 minute ago, Pokechu said:

Niles and Oboro face competition from Takumi and Azura respectively. They're both foot archers and lances. And in general, Fates just has a large character pool. It's hard to pick side characters when there's 10 main characters. Also, Female Corrin will get both butlers regardless and she actually gets Felicia before she gets Xander, in both Revelations and Conquest.

While Jakob scored higher on the Fates poll, Felicia scored higher on the Heroes poll. She was 14th out of all the females! That's really good! She was 29th overall, compared to Jakob who was 62nd. Not to mention how Felicia is the only character who got official artwork for Fates, besides the 10 Royals (I don't mean the 4Koma art, she got art similar to how the royals did.)

EDIT: Arthur97 had a good point too, there's no retainer more popular than their royal (besides Male Corrin :lol:)

Jakob got an official artwork too, actually.

6 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Except you have to remember that Warriors was before Heroes was even announced I would say in production as it was known about first and even if it wasn't Heroes poll isn't really a good indicator when you stop and think about how you're able to vote for the same character every day. They're more to likely look at the Japanese polls (Awakening and Fates had) and not a worldwide poll like Heroes where anyone could vote for in.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Jakob got an official artwork too, actually.

Shoot, just checked the wiki and you're right. It's on the soundtrack book right? Even so, IIRC Felicia had hers waaayy before he got one though. I can't believe I just found this out :lol::lol:

Edited by Pokechu

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think that's exactly it. Bonds have always been a FE thing, but usually they weren't talked about all that much. They were kind of more of a background thing. Awakening and Fates on the other hand pretty much put them into the focus.