New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

Just now, Pokechu said:

Shoot, just checked the wiki and you're right. It's on the soundtrack book right? Even so, IIRC Felicia had hers waaaaaaaayy before he got one though.

Doesn't really matter because Jakob is clearly marketed as F!Corrin's main servant of the two.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't expect Frederick, at least in this trailer, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Lissa with an axe is slightly unexpected, although it makes sense it retrospect.

I was really hoping that if Frederick got in, he'd use lances instead of axes. I really hope this doesn't decrease Walhart's chances of getting in this game, specially considering how the cutscenes in Awakening seemed to treat him as if he was a character in a Warriors game.

I wonder if Lissa has axes by default, or if that is something she gets later as part of the story or through the class change system. The fact that she is wearing her Cleric uniform while wielding an axe seems to indicate that it's by default or that class changes don't change costume.

Lucina confirmed, which isn't that much of surprise given how she showed up on the box art. What is a surprise, though, is how she has the mask she uses in her 'Marth" persona. I really like that mask. I hope that is something she can wear in gameplay instead of staying only in cutscenes.

Robin is a mage. Given how much fun I had playing as Lana in Hyrule Warriors, I'll probably main him in this game unless a mage that plays more like her shows up.

Also, this game seems to take place Pre-Awakening, which is a little weird to me. I expected them to pull the characters from either the middle of their games or after them, since it makes more sense for characters to become almost one-man-armies after they get a little more experience. Not to mention that, from what I've heard, the part of the plot of the game is that the main characters from previous games become mentor figures for the Lords of the game. How is Chrom gonna do that if the only experience he has is leading a small militia through a few skirmishes with bandits?

Edited by Luankachu

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Doesn't really matter because Jakob is clearly marketed as F!Corrin's main servant of the two.

But Felicia is clearly marketed as THE servant. It doesn't matter what gender Corrin is because they got both servants regardless. If there was only one servant, it'd be Felicia.

3 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Except you have to remember that Warriors was before Heroes was even announced I would say in production as it was known about first and even if it wasn't Heroes poll isn't really a good indicator when you stop and think about how you're able to vote for the same character every day. They're more to likely look at the Japanese polls (Awakening and Fates had) and not a worldwide poll like Heroes where anyone could vote for in.

They likely still do check the worldwide polls though, because in one interview they called Donnel a "fan favorite", when in Japan I don't think he's even close. There also is the fact how the Warriors poll results was in February, and the game releases in September, so I think they could do a SMALL revision of the roster if need be. Of course they'd look at the Japanese polls too, but popularity alone won't ensure a character; I could see if Jakob got 1st and Felicia dead last like yeah that girl ain't got a chance but when Felicia scored fine (11 out of 35 isn't bad, 10th excluding Nina who has like no chance) then it's pretty negligible.

Just now, Pokechu said:

But Felicia is clearly marketed as THE servant. It doesn't matter what gender Corrin is because they got both servants regardless. If there was only one servant, it'd be Felicia.

They likely still do check the worldwide polls though, because in one interview they called Donnel a "fan favorite", when in Japan I don't think he's even close. There also is the fact how the Warriors poll results was in February, and the game releases in September, so I think they could do a SMALL revision of the roster if need be. Of course they'd look at the Japanese polls too, but popularity alone won't ensure a character; I could see if Jakob got 1st and Felicia dead last like yeah that girl ain't got a chance but when Felicia scored fine (11 out of 35 isn't bad, 10th excluding Nina who has like no chance) then it's pretty negligible.

She's marketed as M!Corrin's servant, much in the same vein as Jakob is clearly marketed as F!Corrin's main servant.

(And honestly, I think all of Corrin's retainers except maybe Flora could potentially get in anyway.)

13 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

Also, this game seems to take place Pre-Awakening, which is a little weird to me. I expected them to pull the characters from either the middle of their games or after them, since it makes more sense for characters to become almost one-man-armies after they get a little more experience. Not to mention that, from what I've heard, the part of the plot of the game is that the main characters from previous games become mentor figures for the Lords of the game. How is Chrom gonna do that if the only experience he has is leading a small militia through a few skirmishes with bandits?

I wouldn't overthink things to much because Koei generally doesn't do so either in their crossovers. I think Chrom being a prince and the trailer being based on how they found Robin is just because its more marketable. One Awakening's villain shows up you'll probably see Chrom and Co already know him.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Though @Jedi probably has work and/or a life elsewhere, I'll join in the summoning the circle.

The official site calls it the "Japan Expo" trailer-- likely something short meant to be shown on repeat at a booth.

Not today, I was just up late. 

So I guess I can say I was right on what Lissa would be using.

I'm glad that Lucina and Robin is in. Though that's to be expected since they have amiibo versions. But Lissa and Frederick is a nice touch. I love Frederick since he's just got this hilarious devoted servant thing going on, but he's always respectful of others and cautious. Lissa is the bigger interest since she's the healer, and now she's got her "canon" War Cleric class going with the axe. But for Frederick to also be an axe user was surprising, since I more expected him to be a lance user, as we still don't have any lance users in the game yet. 

I'll be honest, I'm okay with this being the end of the Awakening roster. I'm more looking forward to who gets in the Shadow Dragon, apart from Tiki. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mah gawd I wish they would shut up about bonds.

You haven't played Tales of Graces then. It's all "friendship pact" and "I can't kill my friend, despite him doing evil things!" even though they are CLEARLY POSSESSED BUT SOMEHOW NOBODY NOTICES IT. Even the back of the game's box has the phrase "Bonds of friendship are eternal" on it. The game had potential in its story (I didn't actually complete it yet, but I played pretty far in), yet it is so wasted- Abyss and Symphonia aren't perfect, but they're as sure as anything much better; the gameplay in Graces is amazing though.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

In fact, I wonder what will be the ultimate weapon of characters that lack Legendary Weapons.

Lissa will be getting the Clover Cleaver. 

I'm joking. If the Bolt Axe is the base of Lissa's weapon line, she could get upgrades titled things like "Lightning Axe", or something in line with her background/personality- such as an "Exalted Axe", or since Hector won't be in the base game at least, she can take Armads- which has as its title the "Thunder Axe".

I was wondering when they'd rip the characters from their respective games. So Awakening will be pulled from the very start, I'm guessing Fates will be taken from the Branch of Fate. As for Archanea- it'd make most sense to do it after Shadow Dragon, but before Mystery- unless Mystery is being ignored like it was in TMS.

Why are people surprised Frederick is in this? I mean, as playable, okay, maybe, but seriously, why would he of all people not be with his lord and lady? :P This is Frederick here! lol

Also, am I the only one that prefers Lucina's new VA over Laura Bailey? Bailey sounded boring and unemotional to me. This Lucina sounds nicer and more life-like. No wonder Bailey was replaced lol ...okay, jk.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Why are people surprised Frederick is in this? I mean, as playable, okay, maybe, but seriously, why would he of all people not be with his lord and lady? :P This is Frederick here! lol

Also, am I the only one that prefers Lucina's new VA over Laura Bailey? Bailey sounded boring and unemotional to me. This Lucina sounds nicer and more life-like. No wonder Bailey was replaced lol ...okay, jk.

Hey, I like Laura Bailey. But my somewhat discomfort over the new VA is probably because I'm more used to old VA. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hey, I like Laura Bailey. But my somewhat discomfort over the new VA is probably because I'm more used to old VA. 

Yeah, that's fair, I guess. I have to admit I was a bit uncomfortable myself when we got Greg Chun for Ike in Heroes instead of Jason Adkins who voiced him for years. But I'm totally fine with Chun voicing him now. I noticed he got pretty close to Adkins's PoR Ike anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It was probably more of an issue of not being able to get Laura or it was just easier to get their new one. As for Frederick, I figured he had a good shot, but I wasn't quite expecting him yet. He's a good addition in my book.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm glad that Lucina and Robin is in. Though that's to be expected since they have amiibo versions. But Lissa and Frederick is a nice touch. I love Frederick since he's just got this hilarious devoted servant thing going on, but he's always respectful of others and cautious. Lissa is the bigger interest since she's the healer, and now she's got her "canon" War Cleric class going with the axe. But for Frederick to also be an axe user was surprising, since I more expected him to be a lance user, as we still don't have any lance users in the game yet. 

I'll be honest, I'm okay with this being the end of the Awakening roster. I'm more looking forward to who gets in the Shadow Dragon, apart from Tiki. 

I doubt this is the end. They've just got the main choices out of the way now.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It was probably more of an issue of not being able to get Laura or it was just easier to get their new one. As for Frederick, I figured he had a good shot, but I wasn't quite expecting him yet. He's a good addition in my book.

I know, it was just a joke. lol

And yeah, Freddy Bear is definitely a good addition. <3

I think we can officially pin him as a member of the main Awakening cast though. He's always with them these days! Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Robin, and Lucina. The main 5!

Edited by Anacybele

So now we have the entire beginning group of Awakening, I wonder if that will be the trend for Marths band too. 

Caeda, Jeigan, Cain/Abel, Draug and Gordin. Plus I'm sure Awakening is gonna get Virion 

Throw in all the Fates siblings potentially and thats a fairly large roster already.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

So now we have the entire beginning group of Awakening, I wonder if that will be the trend for Marths band too. 

Caeda, Jeigan, Cain/Abel, Draug and Gordin. Plus I'm sure Awakening is gonna get Virion 

Throw in all the Fates siblings potentially and thats a fairly large roster already.

I hope that we don't actually have all the siblings. That's already 6 other characters. Azura I can accept, cause... let's face it, she's considered to be just as much of a protagonist as Corrin by the writers.

Am I the only one who thinks Virion has no chance at all? He doesn't have many fans and while he was in that Fire Emblem crossover on the Wii U, if they put in Sakura and Takumi that's already two archers. I don't think we'll need more than that. I think Awakening is getting Cordelia, Tharja, and someone else, maybe Nowi. But I really don't see Virion getting in.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm out. Done. Don't care anymore.

Bye!

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I still think Cordelia and *cringe* Tharja are likely.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Oh they are very likely I was just saying for the next potential trailers not for the entire roster.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Bye!

I dunno about them. Reason being is that them meeting Corrin is unique, since they have second gen copies, and Rhajat's got a thing for Corrin.