New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So, no Sumia, we're all counting out Hinoka... good thing Caeda exists!

Surprise that anyone actually cares about her. I thought I was only one that actually likes as a character. Pretty sure Hinoka, Cordelia, & Ceada are going to make it in.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Lots of people are happy to see Frederick! That's so neat. ^^

I thought more people would be like "Oh, Frederick, okay then" or something like that. :P But I'm not complaining!

What are you talking about Frederick is one of the most popular characters in Awakening in general.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Forgetting Corrin in that list; I think it's unlikely they'd omit Corrin from the Fates trailers.  Also if they got the likes of Camilla or Azura in the reserves, I highly doubt they'd leave either of them out of the trailers either.  I'm thinking we'll probably get just the royals for these trailers, but who knows?

I predict it'll be either a pegasus knight or Azura.  Unless a) they did Fates before SD, b) they were doing the Fates trailers exactly how I explained above (the three sets deal), and c) they omitted Hinoka, in which case it'd obviously be RGaYS2c.png .

Though I don't see why they wouldn't show a pegasus knight as soon as they can after they hyped up fliers through interviews.  I'm gonna throw it out there and guess the first lancer will be Caeda.

It'd be nice if she got in.  Her or Arthur, really.  Or both.  Do I think either will?  Nope.  But Charlotte's definitely my favorite of the Fates fanservice squad, so I'd absolutely be down to clown with her being in this game.

Also, in case it needs to be said, no one should assume that all the trailers we get will show all the available characters.  I mean, I'm not even slightly disappointed (in fact, I'm perfectly content since we know Fred's in the game now), but I know there were some out there who saw Lucy and thought, "Goddammit, another sword user!" or were disappointed that there was no Tharja or whoever else.

I don't why all of them can't make the cut. I'm more surprise someone actually likes Tharja around these parts.

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

It is kind of ironic that Chrom kind of just stole the speech that he made fun of.

But in the end, no retainer is more popular than the royal they serve...except maybe male Corrin's.

Did everyone forget he talks about the whole "Two Halve of each other" with Robin by now?

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

Overall..come on, there's nothing unexpected here as we kinda saw it coming since this is the lord and saviour of the franchise itself.

Now to get Virion and Lon'qu on the other hand........

Lon'qu is the most popular myrmidon in the series, why wouldn't he make it in?

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

It'll just say this

Gregor NEEDS to be in here, I love him too much.

It pleases me to see a fellow Gregor fan.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I will miss Laura Bailey though. Does anyone know why's she's taking a bit of a break?

I'm surprise that V.A strike is still going on. Which is weird I thought her & Willingham usually work together in whatever roles they get. Not I know too much on how V.A works to begin with. I see Tipton will once again reprise her role on Lucy, pretty sure she's somehow related to Bailey on this point. I just wish she took over in her role Chun-Li in MVC:I too.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

This makes me sad, because historically and really from an overall FE lore standpoint Minerva is way more important to the franchise. I happen to love her character and the whole Macedon plot arc.

I won't boycott the game if she's not in, but I would be genuinely sad.

*EDIT*

It is worth noting, however, that Minerva can possibly get access to both lances and swords as a throwback to 1/3

Why wouldn't Minerva make it in then? She's sounds too important with that kind of role.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The VO is in this very awkward spot-- it's not hammy or cartoonishly entertaining, but neither is it really notable. It's just sitting there as sub-par; it's not so bad it's good, but it's just not good either. Like SoV's story.

Wow, 1st time I actually seen someone hating on Echoe's plot.

Anyways, can anyone confirm if you can change weapons? If you can change your class wouldn't it be logical that you can also change weapons as well?

Link does same thing in Hyrule Warriors.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

In any case, you seem a tad salty about Robin.

More like defensive about Soren. It is isn't like I have a serious problem with any of Atlus's silent self-insert protagonists (Istuki I do have a bit of a problem with, but that's it). I accept them for the flatness they are and move on to optimizing their builds.

Said cursing was just me raging against the impossibility of winning against an avatar figure. And if they do lose, it's always a tragic little loss and somebody else says it's okay and wipes away their tears for them. (And now I realize I'm less Petrine and more Shinon.) *Sigh* While I yield to this law of the universe, I nonetheless, when I want to, bear the bitterness and muster the energy logically better spent elsewhere than on this meaningless opposition.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

What are you talking about Frederick is one of the most popular characters in Awakening in general.

...What? Last I checked, he wasn't really liked or disliked and was more middle-of-the-pack. He ranked 14th in males in the Japanese Awakening poll, for instance. Out of like 28 or something. That's right at the halfway point.

And in the Heroes poll, he was lowish. :(

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? What would Gunter do that Frederick doesn't already? He'd be pretty redundant. Now if we're talking costumes, Gunter is definitely a possibility. But I'd want Freddy to get his summer clothes from Heroes first! Gimme dem abs in full 3D, Koei!

Wield lances as his main weapon?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More like defensive about Soren. It is isn't like I have a serious problem with any of Atlus's silent self-insert protagonists (Istuki I do have a bit of a problem with, but that's it). I accept them for the flatness they are and move on to optimizing their builds.

Said cursing was just me raging against the impossibility of winning against an avatar figure. And if they do lose, it's always a tragic little loss and somebody else says it's okay and wipes away their tears for them. (And now I realize I'm less Petrine and more Shinon.) *Sigh* While I yield to this law of the universe, I nonetheless, when I want to, bear the bitterness and muster the energy logically better spent elsewhere than on this meaningless opposition.

Just don't think of Robin as an avatar anymore. With all these spinoffs, they pretty much aren't anymore. Besides, Robin is probably less flat than some DS characters.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick could have those as well as axes.

I said as a main weapon. Freddy could have a unique moveset wielding an axe and Gunter could have a unique moveset using a lance instead. They could both work as lower-mobility mounted units compared to the Paladins (and I think Walhart, if he is in, will have the same mobility as the Paladins). Plus, with the way this game seems set up, I think we're going to see places from Nohr, Hoshido (we've already seen Hoshido Castle), and Valla and possibly have nods to the events that happens in each path, and Gunter is a major character on the Relevation route.

Also, with the bits and pieces of the story that we've seen, I think it's safe to say that we're going to have some major FE villains from at least Awakening and Fates (and I'd bet on Shadow Dragon too for that matter) to show up, with some of them possibly being playable.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

I said as a main weapon. Freddy could have a unique moveset wielding an axe and Gunter could have a unique moveset using a lance instead. They could both work as lower-mobility mounted units compared to the Paladins (and I think Walhart, if he is in, will have the same mobility as the Paladins). Plus, with the way this game seems set up, I think we're going to see places from Nohr, Hoshido (we've already seen Hoshido Castle), and Valla and possibly have nods to the events that happens in each path, and Gunter is a major character on the Relevation route.

Also, with the bits and pieces of the story that we've seen, I think it's safe to say that we're going to have some major FE villains from at least Awakening and Fates (and I'd bet on Shadow Dragon too for that matter) to show up, with some of them possibly being playable.

Here's the thing, though. Gunter isn't close to being popular. And there's already 10 main characters for Fates. It'll be hard for him to squeeze in when he faces competition from that, Camus, and all of the Pegasus Knights (other mounted lances). I'll actually be disappointed if he gets in; he isn't relevant at all. All he did in Fates was fall down a cliff and betray you.

6 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Here's the thing, though. Gunter isn't close to being popular. And there's already 10 main characters for Fates. It'll be hard for him to squeeze in when he faces competition from that, Camus, and all of the Pegasus Knights (other mounted lances). I'll actually be disappointed if he gets in; he isn't relevant at all. All he did in Fates was fall down a cliff and betray you.

Pretty much this post. There are lots of characters who could fill his position better, even in his own game! Silas could be the lance cav since he can use those, and for other lancers, there's Azura, Oboro, and Camus and all the Pegs as Pokechu pointed out.

If we get a Fates cav other than Xander, I hope it's Silas! I'd argue that Silas is female Corrin's most pushed pairing too, as Azura is apparently male Corrin's. And we can all agree that Azura is getting in.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Look at 0:18.

Ah.
Guess that's a Bronze Axe, then?

2 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

"Godly Strategist Robin" Same thing, but yeah they changed it to Grandmaster Tactician Robin for localization from Treehouse.

I looked up the Japanese classname and, well... that's what Grandmaster is called in Japan. In both instances they used Robin's promoted class name.
It was just staying faithful to Awakening's localization-- "Grandmaster" isn't a real term and is clearly meant as the equivalent to "Godly Strategist/Divine Military Adviser".

Edited by The DanMan

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Ah.
Guess that's a Bronze Axe, then?

I looked up the Japanese classname and, well... that's what Grandmaster is called in Japan. In both instances they used Robin's promoted class name.
It was just staying faithful to Awakening's localization-- "Grandmaster" isn't a real term and is clearly meant as the equivalent to "Godly Strategist/Divine Military Adviser".

Grandmaster actually is a real word usually referring to chess, so it makes sense. Honestly, I prefer the change. His japanese title seems a bit too much.

46 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Grandmaster actually is a real word usually referring to chess, so it makes sense. Honestly, I prefer the change. His japanese title seems a bit too much.

Huh, never heard the term before Awakening.
And yeah, agreed on the Japanese title sounding a bit too overwrought (now if it was a 3rd tier class...).
Speaking of which, since a recent interview confirmed characters changing design as they level up/promote I'm excited to see Grandmaster Robin in HD.

Edited by The DanMan

As far as an Awakening trailer goes, everything here is pretty reasonable. Lucina is functionally worthless for as long as Marth and Chrom exist, but she's too popular not to include. Lissa and Frederick are both pretty good choices for Awakening, with Lissa being one of the most unique Cleric candidates and Frederick being a pretty well-liked guy with a semi-uncommon weapon type. Robin is obvious.

Edited by Iridium

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't accept Anakos as the strongest FE villain, but that's a rabbit hole I've already been down.

Yeah, no way. Anankos is not the strongest villain. 

The strongest villain or antagonist would have to be Ashera, and strongest being in Fire Emblem would be Ashunera. Strongest Dragon is hands down Naga. 

Also, I actually feel like Grima is stronger than Anankos, as well as a friend of mine. Really it's more than likely that Grima would literally just eat Anankos than fight him. 

4 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Bears are the reason that Frederick is my favorite character in Awakening. FreddyxBear is the only real OTP

oho

Diggin' this game more and more even after the character thing rained on the parade a bit. The voicework sounds better here than in Heroes, the art style seems entirely dependent on good lighting but mostly fine. More Awakening is totally fine by me and I'm really glad Fred made the cut.

Did we get a North American date yet?

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Speaking of which, since a recent interview confirmed characters changing design as they level up/promote I'm excited to see Grandmaster Robin in HD.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

I hope it doesn't mean characters like Freddy are going to be at a disadvantage since, you know, he's already promoted. Could he actually wind up being a typical Jagen and become mediocre late in the game since he can't promote further? I hope not. :(

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

I hope it doesn't mean characters like Freddy are going to be at a disadvantage since, you know, he's already promoted. Could he actually wind up being a typical Jagen and become mediocre late in the game since he can't promote further? I hope not. :(

Wanna point something out. Frederick isn't actually a Jagen archetype. He's actually an Oifey archetype. Someone that's still young enough to have high base stats that's prepromoted in the beginning, but has decent growths that allow them to still be useful in the end.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wanna point something out. Frederick isn't actually a Jagen archetype. He's actually an Oifey archetype. Someone that's still young enough to have high base stats that's prepromoted in the beginning, but has decent growths that allow them to still be useful in the end.

I know, but close enough. Still serves the same purpose. And people call Titania and Seth Jagens, yet they kinda stomp all over their games...

But that doesn't answer my question. Will characters like Freddy ultimately have a disadvantage because he can't promote?

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But that doesn't answer my question. Will characters like Freddy ultimately have a disadvantage because he can't promote?

That's not usually how Warriors games work. Sometimes, when characters reach max level, all their stats immediately jump to 999 (except SW3, which had maximum stats as unlockables after an officer reaches max level). 

However, in the case of Gundam and Berserk, characters have different end stats, but they're all usually close to the caps, which is how I see this working.

I also think the "Promoting" will work more like Second Sealing, to give characters different weapon access. I don't see them putting characters like Xander and Ryoma at permanent disadvantages.  

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

That's not usually how Warriors games work. Sometimes, when characters reach max level, all their stats immediately jump to 999 (except SW3, which had maximum stats as unlockables after an officer reaches max level). 

However, in the case of Gundam and Berserk, characters have different end stats, but they're all usually close to the caps, which is how I see this working.

I also think the "Promoting" will work more like Second Sealing, to give characters different weapon access. I don't see them putting characters like Xander and Ryoma at permanent disadvantages.  

Yeah, fair points. We'll just have to see how things end up being.

34 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Lucina is functionally worthless for as long as Marth and Chrom exist, but she's too popular not to include.

I just wanna say dont be to quick to exclude Lucina yet. While shes stuck in an odd middle ground of marths rapier movements and chroms strength movement. Lucina could still do very different movements to be different from them two.

I honestly wasn't expecting Lissa to wield axes. I guess this means that Endgame was right.

I wasn't expecting Fredrick to be in this: that's a neat surprise.

I hope we still get more Awakening characters than just these guys: I wanna see Tharja and Donnel playable, dang it!!!!!!!!!

@The DanMan

Was the voice acting really that bad? You've got an eye for quality: what do you think?