New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

I just wanna say dont be to quick to exclude Lucina yet. While shes stuck in an odd middle ground of marths rapier movements and chroms strength movement. Lucina could still do very different movements to be different from them two.

Plus, a friend of mine made a good point, in saying that Lucina is slowly replacing Marth as the face of Fire Emblem.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't why all of them can't make the cut. I'm more surprise someone actually likes Tharja around these parts.

I think it's more people are just setting themselves up for the minimal amount of characters and the most obvious choices (even if some of us don't really care for those characters).  Myself included.

Also, again I'm more talking about which characters will be shown in the trailers.  I'd be surprised if we saw every single character that's in the game before launch.  Heck, I'd be surprised if we got shown a single villain that isn't an OC.

Just now, Thany said:

I just wanna say dont be to quick to exclude Lucina yet. While shes stuck in an odd middle ground of marths rapier movements and chroms strength movement. Lucina could still do very different movements to be different from them two.

Yeah, I'd say wait for gameplay footage before you judge, at the very least.  I can't imagine KT would make her a straight up clone of other existing characters like a certain game did...

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Were you still even in before this trailer showed?

More of a feeling last time. This more or less solidifies it.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, no way. Anankos is not the strongest villain. 

The strongest villain or antagonist would have to be Ashera, and strongest being in Fire Emblem would be Ashunera. Strongest Dragon is hands down Naga. 

Also, I actually feel like Grima is stronger than Anankos, as well as a friend of mine. Really it's more than likely that Grima would literally just eat Anankos than fight him. 

At the very least, Grima would out last Anakos since Grima can only be killing by his own power, so without someone who could and would use that power against him, he would simply live longer.

48 minutes ago, Thany said:

She might very well be the middle ground fighting wise, which would technically be different. I'm not saying she'll just use half of their moves, but in style, she could be a cross between the two. I think one way they could go would be to give her a more improvised style given how she grew up in a wasteland.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

At the very least, Grima would out last Anakos since Grima can only be killing by his own power, so without someone who could and would use that power against him, he would simply live longer.

She might very well be the middle ground fighting wise, which would technically be different. I'm not saying she'll just use half of their moves, but in style, she could be a cross between the two. I think one way they could go would be to give her a more improvised style given how she grew up in a wasteland.

I have faith the devs aren't going to be lazy and clone her, I mean look at all the unique sword users in in other warriors games. Barring OCs like DQHeroes and custom characters, most movesets are unique. Though there is overlap between similar characters in Dynasty and Samurai.

28 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

I have faith the devs aren't going to be lazy and clone her, I mean look at all the unique sword users in in other warriors games. Barring OCs like DQHeroes and custom characters, most movesets are unique. Though there is overlap between similar characters in Dynasty and Samurai.

They may have a few similar moves, but, yeah, I imagine they will be different. Style may be a cross between though not necessarily the moves themselves.

Nice reveal trailer. I must be among the silent crowd that likes Frederick and boy does he look great. Not to be mean to Alexis Tipton, but her delivery doesn't work, all I think of is Palla from SoV. Speaking of Palla, I wonder what they will do about Archanea, they have said nothing about it besides Marth. They better include Arlen and Wendell.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wanna point something out. Frederick isn't actually a Jagen archetype. He's actually an Oifey archetype. Someone that's still young enough to have high base stats that's prepromoted in the beginning, but has decent growths that allow them to still be useful in the end.

Oifeys don't exist. All Jagens are the same.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

She will not have a tipper, and two years from now ignorant people will say she is 7 tiers below Marth and only -2 MUs because she doesn't have a tipper and no other argument shall be made.

Edited by L9999

3 minutes ago, L9999 said:

She will not have a tipper, and two years from now ignorant people will say she is 7 tiers below Marth and only -2 MUs because she doesn't have a tipper and no other argument shall be made.

Wrong game.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Wrong game.

I know, I really hope that obnoxious situation will not happen again. 

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I think it's more people are just setting themselves up for the minimal amount of characters and the most obvious choices (even if some of us don't really care for those characters).  Myself included.

Should we really brace for the worse though? Given that they decided to narrow it down to 3 games I see no real reason why we can't have a roster as big as One Piece Pirate Warriors, besides the fact that it's One Piece I'm comparing.

2 minutes ago, L9999 said:

I know, I really hope that obnoxious situation will not happen again. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

As someone who likes Smash as well, let us hope. 

Still incredibly annoyed that she was clone in that game even though Sakurai explain why that was the case.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Still incredibly annoyed that she was clone in that game even though Sakurai explain why that was the case.

Should we really blame him? People really like her (at least in 2014). 

^

If what everyone & their mother say is true then programming unique animation can be time-consuming & maybe for the best. Even though I found a mod where Lucy has a very unique moveset all while being faithful to her origin. So I guess it's up to you whether you want hate on it or not. Can't really say I don't understand either response though.

4 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Should we really blame him? People really like her (at least in 2014). 

She's still popular and most don't like their favorites to be clones (or they complain that clones waste "spots"). Honestly, I was just glad to have her in, and I hope that she gets decloned in later entries if she makes it back, and she may given her popularity.

In any case, this is starting to sound like a conversation for another forum.

1 hour ago, Ragnell17 said:

Well they made Link and T.Link who have the same weapon work completely different, despite both using a SnS the only thing they have incommon is the Spin Attack Musou bit even those are really different. Marth is a multi hit fencer that seems to have a sub ability since he has orbs of light in his Hub and Chrom seems to be the Link of this game in the way that he probably has no real gimmicks to him and is simple. So there is still a lot they can do to separate Lucina from them

39 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

^

If what everyone & their mother say is true then programming unique animation can be time-consuming & maybe for the best. Even though I found a mod where Lucy has a very unique moveset all while being faithful to her origin. So I guess it's up to you whether you want hate on it or not. Can't really say I don't understand either response though.

What mod is this? Are there any videos? I demand to see it!

But I also agree, I would be rather surprised if they just made Lucina a Chrom/Marth clone. 

4 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

What mod is this? Are there any videos? I demand to see it!

But I also agree, I would be rather surprised if they just made Lucina a Chrom/Marth clone. 

Here you go: http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5396

Edit: this is probably the mod they were talking about.

Edited by Arthur97

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Surprise that anyone actually cares about her. I thought I was only one that actually likes as a character. Pretty sure Hinoka, Cordelia, & Ceada are going to make it in.

What are you talking about Frederick is one of the most popular characters in Awakening in general.

I don't why all of them can't make the cut. I'm more surprise someone actually likes Tharja around these parts.

Did everyone forget he talks about the whole "Two Halve of each other" with Robin by now?

Lon'qu is the most popular myrmidon in the series, why wouldn't he make it in?

It pleases me to see a fellow Gregor fan.

I'm surprise that V.A strike is still going on. Which is weird I thought her & Willingham usually work together in whatever roles they get. Not I know too much on how V.A works to begin with. I see Tipton will once again reprise her role on Lucy, pretty sure she's somehow related to Bailey on this point. I just wish she took over in her role Chun-Li in MVC:I too.

Why wouldn't Minerva make it in then? She's sounds too important with that kind of role.

Wow, 1st time I actually seen someone hating on Echoe's plot.

Anyways, can anyone confirm if you can change weapons? If you can change your class wouldn't it be logical that you can also change weapons as well?

Link does same thing in Hyrule Warriors.

There is no indication of changing weapons at this time.

Chances are that, if we get Tharja, she'll start out as an enemy in a desert map just like in Awakening since these versions of the Awakening characters are actually their early-game versions so this means that M!Robin and Chrom haven't met Tharja yet.

As for Lucina, meh, just like Camilla if she makes it, I have no plans on using her. 100%'ing a game was something I'd certainly do 17-20 years ago but now I no longer care about that stuff. 

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

We really don't need to bring up the Smash salt, we have more than enough to deal with as is.

Sorry for diverting the subject, but hey it's nice to see a fellow Tien fan.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

There is no indication of changing weapons at this time.

Ah, guess I heard wrong then.

I would have love to alternate between Nun with Axes & Sage form.

5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Plus, a friend of mine made a good point, in saying that Lucina is slowly replacing Marth as the face of Fire Emblem.

Oh god please don't say that. It opens up a ton of arguments and it makes me cry, so please, spare me.

So if the Awakening reps are being pulled from just as Awakening starts, does this mean that Robin won't be as close to Chrom, Lissa and Fred? Will Frederick be really suspicious about Robin? I'm really curious as to how the story plays out...

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Sorry for diverting the subject, but hey it's nice to see a fellow Tien fan.

Tis fine, I mean its an understandable comparison, its just one that could lead to a very slippery slope is all haha. 

Also thanks.

Given we know that Alexis Tipton is voicing, do you think her inclusion gives the whitewings more of a chance of an appearance in the game? I sure hope so as it would be nice for Camus and them to continue to hold the record of most appearances in a Fire Emblem game (barring Anna).

I feel worried that they may only appear as npcs, but it would be nice to see at least one of them playable with costume switching. Also the idea of a triangle attack in a Warriors game sounds too good to be true. With how much attention to detail the other warriors spinoffs have, it would be a shame not to have that as a nod to the mechanic.