New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dragonage2ftw You're only saying that I have an "eye for quality" because I've made negative comments about SoV's story, aren't you (and FYI I think Awakening's and Fates' were worse)?
I stated my opinion on VO earlier in the thread; it's not so bad that it's unbearable but neither is it any good. 

Edited by The DanMan

10 hours ago, Ragnell17 said:

Given we know that Alexis Tipton is voicing, do you think her inclusion gives the whitewings more of a chance of an appearance in the game? I sure hope so as it would be nice for Camus and them to continue to hold the record of most appearances in a Fire Emblem game (barring Anna).

I feel worried that they may only appear as npcs, but it would be nice to see at least one of them playable with costume switching. Also the idea of a triangle attack in a Warriors game sounds too good to be true. With how much attention to detail the other warriors spinoffs have, it would be a shame not to have that as a nod to the mechanic.

Whitewings do have a higher chance than most, but they also have to fight Caeda, Cordelia & Hinoka for potential Pegasus spots

Their chances are somewhere in the middle zone. Where its like highly dependent on the roster size.

Edited by Jedi

26 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Whitewings do have a higher chance than most,

I feel like, at best, only one of them (Catria) would get in, the other two would be NPCs, kinda like the Hambrabi squad in DWG. Yazan was playable, but Dunkel and Ramsus weren't.

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I feel like, at best, only one of them (Catria) would get in, the other two would be NPCs, kinda like the Hambrabi squad in DWG. Yazan was playable, but Dunkel and Ramsus weren't.

They could also do like one of them is playable with the other 2 as costumes. That way people could play as their favorite one and their Musou could be the triangle attack.

Just now, Jedi said:

They could also do like one of them is playable with the other 2 as costumes. That way people could play as their favorite one and their Musou could be the triangle attack.

Didn't think of that. That would actually be really cool. Maybe we'll get a Create-A-Warrior system like SW3, where we could unlock the skins of NPCs and paste them over the actual playable character movesets. Catria using the Falchion would be pretty funny.

9 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Didn't think of that. That would actually be really cool. Maybe we'll get a Create-A-Warrior system like SW3, where we could unlock the skins of NPCs and paste them over the actual playable character movesets. Catria using the Falchion would be pretty funny.

Oh yeah, that was really bizarre. Depending on how weapons work we may see some silly stuff too.

The competition for the Pegasus knights is going to be very fierce.

But as for the white wings, wouldn't it be possible that they would share a single slot together? You control just one of them and then the other two sisters join her in special formations when its time for the special moves. Sort of like how Skull kid summons his puppets to attack or Cheng gong summoning mooks. 

You can't really have one sister without the other but putting all three in would be a tad to much. This approach would solve that problem. 

57 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But as for the white wings, wouldn't it be possible that they would share a single slot together? You control just one of them and then the other two sisters join her in special formations when its time for the special moves. Sort of like how Skull kid summons his puppets to attack or Cheng gong summoning mooks. 

You can't really have one sister without the other but putting all three in would be a tad to much. This approach would solve that problem. 

As for which sister leads the group, Palla is the eldest, but Catria is kinda more popular I guess? She's also the originator of an archetype they didn't need to make into an archetype. Then we have Est- the originator of an archetype that is fine existing and which you love or hate. If they didn't mind, they could do lines and VA for all three and make the two who don't lead costumes. Or, they could add a character switch feature for the Whitewings- when Palla leads the attacks are extra strong, with Catria they're extra fast, and Est has some other modifier.

And this reminds me, we need the Four Sword for Toon Link in HW2. And if legal issues don't get in the way, Ezlo in Minish form, Vaati in Sorcerer and Giant Boss Demon forms, plus the Oracles and Onyx and Veran, and then we can bring in Twinrova and use her as a transition into adding the missing OoT Sages, plus a Shadow Knife or something for Impa.

Just now, The DanMan said:

@BlizzardWolf95 @Jedi They said they'd contemplated a CAW avatar character but decided against it (so as not to upstage pre-existing characters); I think that safely deconfirms any CAW system for the game.

Thats fair, I think I recall seeing that even.

I was thinking the Whitewings could take up a single slot, with you playing as one of them while the other two join in for certain combo finishers, the Triange Attack, ect.

It might be a bit of a hassle to record lines for all three of them though. Then again, they were all just voiced in SoV.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I'm really hoping for the Whitewings being playable, but you guys already mentioned that they face some competition so I don't know how likely they are. But they do indirectly give some representation to SoV so they have that going for them I guess?

I just hope if they are playable they make it so you can play as all of them (same moveset just costumes). I like them all too much to choose between one haha

50 minutes ago, Torii said:

I'm really hoping for the Whitewings being playable, but you guys already mentioned that they face some competition so I don't know how likely they are. But they do indirectly give some representation to SoV so they have that going for them I guess?

I just hope if they are playable they make it so you can play as all of them (same moveset just costumes). I like them all too much to choose between one haha

I hope they show up as well, although Camus also fits in with the whole SoV shoutouts too :P:

Lucina and M!Robin's inclusion in this game don't surprise me at all, I'd figured they'd get in. 

But Lissa is a nice touch, especially if she has an axe. Nuns with axes, man.

Hoping to see how the rest of the roster fares out. 

I'm so glad to see Lissa using an axe in this game. I loved her a bit too much as a War Cleric, so seeing her throwing around a huge hunk of metal is pretty much one of my favourite things ever. Frederick showing up is also a lovely surprise, and I mean that sincerely. Will be fun to also throw him at waves of enemies and laugh maniacally.

I'm however gonna return to my corner and wait patiently (hopelessly) to see an Adult Tiki show up. I may love chibi Tiki to death, and I heard she may be showing up for Mystery's roster because of the Warriors-supporting Tiki amiibo, but... I really want her adult form in here, too.

Edited by Skywolfe
typos

Luckily, the og pegasus trio isn't the least likely of the pegasus'. That would likely go to Sumia, Subaki, and Rinea. The 2nd gen pegasus kids honestly have no chance at all besides being referenced in skins if they are lucky.

Their main competition is Cordelia, Caeda, and Hinoka. 2 of them have a lot of plot relevance in their games and have lots of fans. The other is extremely popular.

Aversa is kind of a wildcard and being mostly magic centric, doesn't really hurt the other pegs chances (besides taking up resources/dev time.), whether she appears or not.

I expect at least 2 peg units. One using lances, the other using swords. If they have a 3rd it will likely be Aversa. But honestly I expect if we do get her it might be DLC.

Edited by Ragnell17

On 7/6/2017 at 7:43 PM, BakanGin said:

plus Fredrick isn't bad at all. 

Not that this is a huge deal or anything, but why do people misspell his name like this so much? I swear, every other person does it. xP It just bugs me a bit.

It's Frederick with a second E, people. lol

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not that this is a huge deal or anything, but why do people misspell his name like this so much? I swear, every other person does it. xP It just bugs me a bit.

I think it's because you can pronounce Frederick without heavily emphasizing the "er" in Fred-er-ick. So it sounds more like Fred-rick.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it's because you can pronounce Frederick without heavily emphasizing the "er" in Fred-er-ick. So it sounds more like Fred-rick.

Yeah, but on the internet, you also see the name and how it's spelled, especially on a site like this. But you are correct. And maybe not a lot of people know that the name originates from the German name Freiderich, which pronounces that second E a little bit more than how we usually pronounce Frederick. Frederick is simply a more English variation of the name. It just has German roots.

Though when I pronounce it, I SORTA say the second E. But really quickly and barely. Basically, the "dr" sound, but with a tad of short E sound mixed in there. It's to differentiate Frederick from the actual "Fredrick" which is a valid spelling of the name.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I pronounce it "Fred-dy-bear".

Haha, I call him that every now and then too. XD Mainly because female Robin brought it upon us in their A support. lol