Do you believe we'll get second generation units?

Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Is that a requirement though? I was under the impression Koei Tecmo liked having a more diverse cast. I feel like it'll be a wasted opportunity to only go for the characters we expect, like the Fates royals.

They said in one interview that they chose the roster from a fan perspective, like which characters would make sense. It'd be dumb to miss out on Hinoka because they wanted Caeldori as a surprise. No one Not many favor Fates' 2nd gen.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Is that a requirement though? I was under the impression Koei Tecmo liked having a more diverse cast. I feel like it'll be a wasted opportunity to only go for the characters we expect, like the Fates royals.

They like having diverse casts generally, but I don't see what the Gen 2 people could do to stand out compared to people from FE1/11 & 14 that may occupy the same classes.

Even the 3 I mentioned are kind of shots in the dark. Koei Tecmo generally goes off of popularity/fan favorites, their personal picks, characters they feel that are relevant to the overall series they are repping, joke/meme characters, and maybe 1 or 2 choices that come out of nowhere. 

It all depends on how big the actual roster is as well, if we have a fairly small one, the gen 2 people would be beaten out by just general 1/11 & 14 gen 1 people I think.

If its a fairly large roster we MIGHT see the 3 I mentioned. But people like Tharja, Donnel & Cordelia are probably going to come first in Awakenings case.

Edited by Jedi

The vanilla roster looks like it's going to be pretty tight and second generation units would be asking too much. However...if we do get second generation units, I'd like F!Morgan, Noire and Shiro. As for the Awakening Trio, Owain/Odin is the most unique out of those three thanks to his Dark Mage class in Fates. Just have him pull magic swords for some of his attacks along with plenty of chuuni lines. Also, an alt outfit to make him use his Myrmidon clothes since his Dark Mage...outfit is pretty bad.

Not counting the trio that moved on to Fates, the only second-genners I have any particular fondness for are Brady, Forrest, Midori, and Mitama. And none of them besides Midori would really add much that a first-gen character can't already do.

I'm not expecting any. A 25 character roster is realistic, and the 2nd gen characters themselves don't do anything that a first gen character couldn't do. 

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'm not expecting any. A 25 character roster is realistic, and the 2nd gen characters themselves don't do anything that a first gen character couldn't do. 

Actually now that I think about it there is one who may have a shot purely on the virtue of being only 1 of only 2 archers in Awakening, Noire, but Virion also has a huge shot despite that.

Edited by Jedi

I don't think Awakening kids will have a chance, besides Lucina. The best I can hope is for Owain, Inigo and Severa, and in case they might be in, I expect them to be Fates incarnation.

Another thing is that there are more important (also read as: expected, predictable) characters to be included. Like how I feel Minerva has a better chance over Gerome, or Merric over Laurent, etc.

The best bet for Second gen are Severa, Owain, and Inigo; since they were in Fates.

Although personally, I would love to see Gerome. But that's probably not gonna happen.

There probably won't be any of the second-gen units outside of Lucina added, but that's more for practicality's sake than anything. Bringing in more kids would mean either addressing the big glaring question of who their fathers are or awkwardly side-stepping the question entirely. It was easy to get away with because of magic in Fates, but IntSys has been careful to make their parentage as ambiguous as possible, and that's effort that could better be spent elsewhere.

I will be surprised if Severa/Selena, Odin/Owain, or Laslow/Inigo don't make it in somewhere. At least just one of them. Lucina is already confirmed. Outside of them probably not many. Fates weren't well received though. So I don't expect any of them. Awakening's three most popular are the ones I already mentioned, so outside of them I don't imagine much. 

So outside of the Awakening trio from Fates, whatever incarnation they choose, and Lucina, no not really.

Edited by Tolvir

I kind of hope not. I don't mind most of them, but the roster is already being stretched to its limits trying to get in characters from 3 games. The child units aren't as popular as their parents. Although I can see one or two others getting in for the same reason that Agitha got in (developer liked her), I'd like it if we got someone else to represent their group.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, Jedi said:

Actually now that I think about it there is one who may have a shot purely on the virtue of being only 1 of only 2 archers in Awakening, Noire, but Virion also has a huge shot despite that.

Noire competes with Virion, Takumi, Gordin, and Jorge. I don't see it happening.

Awakening Trio and Lucina excluded, Morgan is the only one I see having a nontrivial chance. Fates royals and Archanean archetypes just take up too much real estate. 

17 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Noire competes with Virion, Takumi, Gordin, and Jorge. I don't see it happening.

Awakening Trio and Lucina excluded, Morgan is the only one I see having a nontrivial chance. Fates royals and Archanean archetypes just take up too much real estate. 

Of course, the thing is, she competes with her father.

I said nontrivial, not good. Morgan is almost completely redundant with a confirmed character, so I don't see them as terribly likely; having said that, Grandmaster offers a wealth of possibilities and both their popularity and importance tend to be higher than other kids.

Essentially they're a bit like Lucina in that they bring zilch to the table mechanically but have other valid reasons to be considered. Unlike Lucy, these reasons just happen to be fairly weak.

To be honest I'd be more concerned about her overlap with Celica than anything else, since she seems like obvious DLC.

2 minutes ago, pik3rob said:

I think Selkie is probably the most likely from Fates. She fills a slot for Beast Units, and she's fairly popular.

This is actually a good point. I forgot about her because I forgot Fates even had beast units. What a mess that game's world was.

Yeah she's probably getting in.

8 hours ago, pik3rob said:

I think Selkie is probably the most likely from Fates. She fills a slot for Beast Units, and she's fairly popular.

YYYeeaaa, I don't think her chance good friend.

For what it's worth she still one of the better children units in the game. Character-wise

Anywho, I'm still peeve on how they let Severa appear in Fates. It would be nice if IS for once factor other countries instead of being domestic for once but I suppose that would be too much ask at the end of the day.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

YYYeeaaa, I don't think her chance good friend.

For what it's worth she still one of the better children units in the game. Character-wise

Anywho, I'm still peeve on how they let Severa appear in Fates. It would be nice if IS for once factor other countries instead of being domestic for once but I suppose that would be too much ask at the end of the day.

What did Severa's appearance in Fates have to do with region? I know the polls were Japanese only, but she seems well liked internationally as well.

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What did Severa's appearance in Fates have to do with region? I know the polls were Japanese only, but she seems well liked internationally as well.

I'm just being bias right now, Severa made a horrible impression on me in Awakening, but she's eon more likable in Fates

Given how second-gen characters that aren't guaranteed to exist seem to be taboo in Heroes, I doubt we're going to see them in Warriors either.

Koei also could put Asugi, Caeldori and/or Rhajat as skins of Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja. For that to happen they would have to be included, but seeing that they are popular I would say it is a possibility.

I don't think the chances are very high, nor do I think they should be.

-They're generally not that popular, outside Lucina (obviously) and to a lesser extent the trio that made it into Fates... but if the latter gets in, it will probably be as their "Fates forms" since those are well-defined/canon.

-Awakening already has plenty of higher-priority characters. Five are already confirmed, and others such as Tharja and Adult!Tiki are significant possibilities, as well as possibly a villain or two. Even among kids... why would they opt for Cynthia over the more popular Cordelia? (I prefer Cynthia, mind, but.) Noire over Virion? etc. At a certain point Awakening just starts taking up too much of the roster. With ~25 playable characters, it seems silly to assume over a third will come from Awakening, given that Fates and Archanaea have their claim on things, never mind possibilities that IntSys throws in a few characters from other games (Ike, Alm/Celica, Eirika/Eph, Lyn/Hector/Roy, etc.).

-The kid characters always feel weirdly non-canon. No fixed hair colour. Only support with other such weird non-canon characters, aside from one with their fixed parent and one with Lucina. I feel like that hurts their chances of showing up in Warriors, just as it has in Heroes.