Do you believe we'll get second generation units?

Thane

Hello everyone.

No, I don't mean like shipping the first generation characters to unlock paralogues and recruit the kids or something, I just mean getting them as normal characters to use in the roster. So far the cast seems to be just about what you would've expected, save perhaps for the lack of Camilla and Tharja. I think this should be remedied by introducing some child characters, since I honestly don't think at least Awakening's roster can be fully represented without the second generation. I'm well aware that Lucina technically fills this role, but I don't think it's quite enough.

I need Cynthia and Shiro at the very least.

No. Second generation units aren't really all that popular aside from Severa/Inigo/Owain. Those three were less liked in Fates and not many enjoyed Fates' second generation or how it was handled. Plus, many of them face competition. For example, why Cynthia when we can have Caeda, Hinoka or Cordelia? I don't expect (or even want) any second generation character besides Lucina.

Honestly no. I think the only second gen we'll get is Lucina, of coarse and the Awakening Trio but in their Fates versions, like what Heroes did.

Yeah, Lucina can feel more like a first gen character. That said, I'm doubtful we'll get more. Cynthia has to compete with Cordelia, Caeda, and even Hinoka and her mother while Owain, Severa, and Inigo have admittedly less popular versions in Fates as first gen characters. They might could do Gerome, but he also faces stiff competition from Minerva and Camilla...and even his mother would seem more likely too.

However, they may do a second gen DLC pack with a little bonus plot.

Edited by Arthur97

no, as much as I'd love for noire to be in this game I think they've got pretty much no chance aside from lucina

they don't appear in the story at all, they don't seem to be as popular, and the most popular ones are already in fates

so at most, I think maybe laslow selena and odin might show up

but I don't think any of the others have any chance, especially since they've revealed 12 characters already, all of whom are either original characters or major characters in their games

Edited by unique

We will probably get the Awakening trio to represent the kids as a whole. Maybe, just maybe Morgan would be added if they have some room left. 

But I don't think the second gen from Fates have any chance. They are to controversial and poorly received to make it in. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

We will probably get the Awakening trio to represent the kids as a whole. Maybe, just maybe Morgan would be added if they have some room left. 

But I don't think the second gen from Fates have any chance. They are to controversial and poorly received to make it in. 

Someone mentioned that they thought the blue room from the trailer looked kind of like where Morgan was found. Maybe they'll do paralogues.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Someone mentioned that they thought the blue room from the trailer looked kind of like where Morgan was found. Maybe they'll do paralogues.

Wasn't Morgan found outside? It were blue ruins but I recall them having crumbled to the point that the sky was visible which isn't the case in the blue room in the trailer.

I'd like to see Morgan but I'm seeing one problem there. If Robin is male then that means we will get female Morgan. That's great...but the problem with that is that we won't be getting male Morgan. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Wasn't Morgan found outside? It were blue ruins but I recall them having crumbled to the point that the sky was visible which isn't the case in the blue room in the trailer.

I'd like to see Morgan but I'm seeing one problem there. If Robin is male then that means we will get female Morgan. That's great...but the problem with that is that we won't be getting male Morgan. 

I never said I believe it though it would be cool. I think she was inside the ruins. I think the whole map was.

I like female Morgan...

I imagine that if she is in it though, then we might get the CYL hair color to avoid any implications as well. I would actually like it if we could customize it to match preferences (blue for me).

I dunno, maybe they'll add Chrom's daughter or something, she seems to be pretty popular.

But besides Lucina, probably not. The remaining children have too much competition with more popular characters or they aren't unique enough, and she who brings children into the light represents them well enough on her own (assuming that it needs representation to begin with).

I can see us getting Owain, Inigo, and Severa solely from that popularity poll, but I wouldn't want to see all 3 of them because...swords.  But second generation characters aren't out of the question, I feel like they have just as good of chances to get in as any other character.

However, I would be down for getting Shiro at least.

Nope. Gotta leave some famous Awakening/Fates characters for a possible sequel. So if FEW2 is a thing, I expect it to be mostly FEW1 characters + FE7/8/9/10/15 characters + FE13/14 kids.

I doubt we'll get more than Lucina, Laslow, Odin, and Selena outside of costumes (Inigo, Owain, Severa, Nah, Morgan, Kana, Siegbert, Forrest, Kiragi, Caeldori, Rhajat, and Asugi for Laslow, Odin, Selena, Y!Tiki, Robin, Corrin, Xander, Elise/Leo, Takumi, Cordelia, Tharja, and Gaius, respectively, and most of these aren't even confirmed as being playable yet), except maybe Shigure.

Edited by Luankachu

Literally everyone faces competition, and only two of the "trio" are likely to get in because they face little resistance.  But I think Ogma might take precedence over the two mercs.  So really, I'd be surprised if we got some 2nd gen reps at all.

It's sort of a shame because I like some of them, such as Shiro or Forrest.  And I wouldn't mind Cynthia getting in over whatever's available from Fates and Awakening.

Maybe Owain/Odin and Severa/Selena and if we're realllllllyyyyyyy pushing it Inigo/Laslow, but apart from that no.

Besides the Awakening Trio who have the benefit of representing either Awakening or Fates, I doubt the second generation of Awakening will appear in the base game. I would love to see Owain/Odin present because of all the heroes and his over the top personality while I want to see Severa/Selena as a Bow Knight to fulfill the "Bow Cavalry" niche. Inigo/Laslow is more or less stuck to Swords, and since Heroes did not reprise his original VA, I'm a little less enthusiastic about him making it in compared to the other two.

Otherwise, I would love to see Cynthia and F!Morgan. Cynthia is so positive and upbeat and I love F!Morgan to bits.

As for the second generation of Fates, they practically do not exist to me. Their overall personalities and the whole "Outrealm" thing made me dislike them as a whole. Then again, I never really got the chance to fully experience them since I never fully finished Fates, but still.

To be honest, the roster is already stretched to the limit as is by including just important characters from these games.

Adding in characters that are rather irrelevant overall will do nothing but stretch the roster further and make us ask questions about why the hell Laurent's in this game over literally anyone else.

Inigo, Owain and Severa have a shot due to their connections to both Awakening and Fates' casts, but even then they fill out weapon types we've already got more than enough of right now, with them being in upping the sword counter to 12 or 11 depending on what version of Owain they use as a base.

They simply have far too much competition for them to be considered relevant, with the only exception I can think of being Shiro, since his only competition for his class representation is Oboro, but she's one of the most popular characters in the game, so it likely doesn't help him that much.

Edited by DaloDask

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Hello everyone.

No, I don't mean like shipping the first generation characters to unlock paralogues and recruit the kids or something, I just mean getting them as normal characters to use in the roster. So far the cast seems to be just about what you would've expected, save perhaps for the lack of Camilla and Tharja. I think this should be remedied by introducing some child characters, since I honestly don't think at least Awakening's roster can be fully represented without the second generation. I'm well aware that Lucina technically fills this role, but I don't think it's quite enough.

I need Cynthia and Shiro at the very least.

I think the ones with the best shot are Severa, Inigo and Owain. I doubt the others have as much sway on the general fanbase.

17 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

They simply have far too much competition for them to be considered relevant, with the only exception I can think of being Shiro, since his only competition for his class representation is Oboro, but she's one of the most popular characters in the game, so it likely doesn't help him that much.

Oboro might be outdone by Azura depending on the overall roster size, if its smaller Azura is getting in before either of them, if its somewhat bigger Oboro will get in then.

33 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I think the ones with the best shot are Severa, Inigo and Owain. I doubt the others have as much sway on the general fanbase.

Is that a requirement though? I was under the impression Koei Tecmo liked having a more diverse cast. I feel like it'll be a wasted opportunity to only go for the characters we expect, like the Fates royals.