Best and Worst Units

It is 8 extra maps to gain levels on, which certainly does matter given how underlevelled both are. If you can sneak Wendy even an average of 2 kills per map (which I imagine isn't that hard, though I've never done it myself) she'll be far better than Sophia when the latter joins. I would personally agree that Wendy is better than Sophia but it's probably not an argument worth having.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy does join at a particularly bad point in the game. The maps before chapter 13 are pretty axe-heavy, so she'll find less kills that she can snatch reliably, chapter 13 itself has a relatively large map, so her low movement is annoying, and iirc, even generals have only one movement in the desert (it's a movement cost of 3 per tile, I think). Still, I agree that it's better than nothing. Sophia's advantage is that the Flux tome is still a good deal better than a Javelin (+2 damage, +15 hit, targets Res), so she has better 2-range combat.

But yeah, this is basically discussing if blowballs or cotton candy are the more dangerous weapon of mass destruction. ;)

23 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

And the existence of grinding in Sacred Stones makes Ewan easier to use than other Est type characters in GBA Fire EmblemĀ FE6 (Sophia, Zeiss) and FE7 (Nino) and therefore makes Ewan better than Sophia, Zeiss and Nino

I (mostly) agree with this. While it's true that every character in Sacred Stones can profit from some Valni grinding, getting the trainees to level 10 takes barely any effort at all. And their stats at 10/1 are actually well above average, so they have an easier time catching up than at least Sophia and Wendy, whose bases are bad even for a level 1 unit. I still think that Amelia is the worst unit in the game, but she's a lot less terrible than FE6's bottom tier units.

Zeiss is pretty decent though, especially with HM bonuses. Underleveled and with a low weapon rank, sure, but he needs way less help than the other characters you've listed.

3 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

I don't agree with Shanna being the best flyer in the game or even the best Peg Knight in the game as Tate and especially Miledy are imo better and I don't see how that all makes her the best unit in the game. I'd say that either Lance or Allen are the best units in the game as they join right at the beginning, have a fast support with each other, can become Paladins which are really good, especially in FE6 and FE7 with 8 move and access to the entire weapon triangleĀ and have really good offense stats

Again, priorities. I tend to buff up Shanna early, which makes her rather overpowered and incredibly useful for the Western Isles arc and for a majority of the game until around Chapter 21. I do think Lance and Alen are great units, but they can't fly over mountains or pits, not to mention they're just as at the mercy of their levels as Shanna is. I'm not saying their bad, just that how I play makes it so Shanna more often than not is the MVP. I also never found the appeal of Melady, she has such terrible accuracy at the point where everyone either has 80s to 100s in their accuracy. She does get better as she grows, but at that point why even bother with her if I have an overpowered Pegasus Knight already carrying me through the game? Again, different strokes for different folks, I don't think we'll see eye-to-eye on this.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Except this doesn't matter because dark spells other than Flux are practically unusable either on account of being too heavy (Fenrir, Gleipnir, Nosferatu) or useless (Eclipse, Luna).

I honestly fail to see what makes Gonzales good when he misses more than the Imperial stormtroopers in Star Wars...

Bold: I don't see it that way - Wendy's availability lead does her no good in this case. In fact, it HURTS her because she sucks for longer.

I still like having someone who can use Dark Magic in Sacred Stones especially since I often don't have anyone better to use and Dark Magic aside from Flux can be useful in some situations with Ewan

3 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

It is 8 extra maps to gain levels on, which certainly does matter given how underlevelled both are. If you can sneak Wendy even an average of 2 kills per map (which I imagine isn't that hard, though I've never done it myself) she'll be far better than Sophia when the latter joins. I would personally agree that Wendy is better than Sophia but it's probably not an argument worth having.

If I were to try to use Wendy, I would try to level her as much as I could in Chapter 8, but I already have Lilina to do that for that chapter and Lilina is a better unit than Wendy could ever hope to be. Wendy wouldn't have sucked so bad if she started with a few levels or if she joined even 2 chapters earlier where she would have less Axes and more Lances to fight in the upcoming chapters. If Wendy hasn't been trained at all until Chapter 13 it's a bit too late as most enemies even in Chapter 8 will destroy her and she would get decimated in Chapter 13 where they start to throw more promoted units at you and you should be starting to promote some of your units.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Wendy does join at a particularly bad point in the game. The maps before chapter 13 are pretty axe-heavy, so she'll find less kills that she can snatch reliably, chapter 13 itself has a relatively large map, so her low movement is annoying, and iirc, even generals have only one movement in the desert (it's a movement cost of 3 per tile, I think). Still, I agree that it's better than nothing. Sophia's advantage is that the Flux tome is still a good deal better than a Javelin (+2 damage, +15 hit, targets Res), so she has better 2-range combat.

But yeah, this is basically discussing if blowballs or cotton candy are the more dangerous weapon of mass destruction. ;)

I (mostly) agree with this. While it's true that every character in Sacred Stones can profit from some Valni grinding, getting the trainees to level 10 takes barely any effort at all. And their stats at 10/1 are actually well above average, so they have an easier time catching up than at least Sophia and Wendy, whose bases are bad even for a level 1 unit. I still think that Amelia is the worst unit in the game, but she's a lot less terrible than FE6's bottom tier units.

Zeiss is pretty decent though, especially with HM bonuses. Underleveled and with a low weapon rank, sure, but he needs way less help than the other characters you've listed.

Honestly, of the Est type characters in GBA FE (Sophia, Zeiss, Nino, Amelia and Ewan) Zeiss is probably imo the second best, the only one I haven't used that I would consider, the only problem I have with Zeiss is that Miledy and Tate if I used her work well and therefore Zeiss is unnecessary and not worth training, whereas in FE8 Knoll is bad and Ewan actually has the Speed to wield Dark Magic

30 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

Again, priorities. I tend to buff up Shanna early, which makes her rather overpowered and incredibly useful for the Western Isles arc and for a majority of the game until around Chapter 21. I do think Lance and Alen are great units, but they can't fly over mountains or pits, not to mention they're just as at the mercy of their levels as Shanna is. I'm not saying their bad, just that how I play makes it so Shanna more often than not is the MVP. I also never found the appeal of Melady, she has such terrible accuracy at the point where everyone either has 80s to 100s in their accuracy. She does get better as she grows, but at that point why even bother with her if I have an overpowered Pegasus Knight already carrying me through the game? Again, different strokes for different folks, I don't think we'll see eye-to-eye on this.

Lance and Allen aren't quite as dependent on their levels as Shanna because of their support, also Shanna has quite low strength iirc, similar to Rutger, except Rutger as a Swordmaster gets +30 crit and has good supports with Clarine and Deke where Shanna doesn't really have any of that and is reliant on her Strength growth happening enough so she at least does decent damage. It's actually a similar position to Lilina and her speed, except that I think Lilina's speed is slightly better than Shanna's strength.

On the subject of Miledy, her accuracy is helped if you give her an Iron Lance as opposed to the Steel Lance she starts with. She needs some training but then she becomes a beast. The main issue I have with her at base is her Speed, her Steel Lance weighs her down to the point where quite a few enemies will double her, whereas with an Iron Lance only the fastest of enemies (such as Heroes) will double her

Edited by Weeping__Dalek

2 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

I still like having someone who can use Dark Magic in Sacred Stones especially since I often don't have anyone better to use and Dark Magic aside from Flux can be useful in some situations with Ewan

Well, I don't see it that way - it'sĀ not like the magic triangle is meaningful, and Ewan isn't that fast, either. I don't see why, say, Nosferatu would be worth using when I'm slowed down to the the point where I'm at risk of getting doubled up on.

27 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, I don't see it that way - it'sĀ not like the magic triangle is meaningful, and Ewan isn't that fast, either. I don't see why, say, Nosferatu would be worth using when I'm slowed down to the the point where I'm at risk of getting doubled up on.

Except that enemies in Sacred Stones rarely have good stats and so losing some Speed isn't huge if you've actually trained up the unit.

And are you just going to ignore that most weapons are unchanged from FE7 to FE8?

23 minutes ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

Except that enemies in Sacred Stones rarely have good stats and so losing some Speed isn't huge if you've actually trained up the unit.

And are you just going to ignore that most weapons are unchanged from FE7 to FE8?

Except it's still not good to lose a lot of speed when you're squishy, and thus need to rely on dodging to stay aliveĀ (note that Ewan starts out with a big fat goose egg for defense).

If the likes of Nosferatu, Fenrir, and Eclipse were trash that was not worth using inĀ FE7, what makes you think they'll be worth usingĀ in FE8???

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Except it's still not good to lose a lot of speed when you're squishy, and thus need to rely on dodging to stay aliveĀ (note that Ewan starts out with a big fat goose egg for defense).

If the likes of Nosferatu, Fenrir, and Eclipse were trash that was not worth using inĀ FE7, what makes you think they'll be worth usingĀ in FE8???

Okay, I'm not gonna sit her and defend Eclipse, it will rarely ever hit and the only thing it's useful for is breaking down walls (especially in FE6 where it knocks it down to 1 HP and walls have 100 HP)

Ā 

Fenrir is useful if you just need that little bit of extra damage but shouldn't be used for enemy phase if your unit is in range of a lot of enemies, Nosferatu heals you whenever it hits, and most enemies that aren't Magic users have basically no Resistance and so not dodging isn't as much an issue as you will heal yourself upon hitting and against Magic users, you won't take a lot of damage as Magic users have high Resistance. Luna is useful against certain bosses, such as Lyon

1 hour ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

Fenrir is useful if you just need that little bit of extra damage but shouldn't be used for enemy phase if your unit is in range of a lot of enemies, Nosferatu heals you whenever it hits, and most enemies that aren't Magic users have basically no Resistance and so not dodging isn't as much an issue as you will heal yourself upon hitting and against Magic users, you won't take a lot of damage as Magic users have high Resistance. Luna is useful against certain bosses, such as Lyon

When would one Fenrir hit be better than two shots of Flux?? Nosferatu's life drain effect isn't really worth it when you're fielding healers. It's not that accurate, either, so should you miss, you might be in a bad position. Luna is not nearly as good a boss killer as it was in FE7.

5 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

You keep going on as if "someone can use dark magic" is actually something worth caring about. It isn't. Dark magic is quite bad and any argument of "you should use Ewan over Saleh/Lute/Artur because he gets dark magic and they don't" is frankly little short of laughable.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

It's not like dark magic was especially good in FE7 either, Luna aside.

Nosferatu is a hefty -6 or -7 AS to Ewan, which fails to double all but the slowest of enemies. As a survival tactic I have little use for it because it's only 70 hit so misses can be deadly; it also means I need to watch for faster enemies doubling AND it skewers Ewan's evade in a very evade-focused game. Nos was decent enough in FE6 because it didn't come with a large AS penalty; I find it minimally useful in FE7-8 though.

While it's true early on in FE8 that non-mages have no resistance, it isn't true of promoted enemies, and by the time Ewan is caught up they're all that matter. The average defences of enemies are pretty comparable in lategame FE8. I can dig up numbers if you really care.

If we're assuming little to no grinding:

FE6 Best: Alan, Lance, Dieck, Rutger, Miledy

FE6 Worst: Bors, Barth, Wendy, Sophia, Dorothy, Cath

_

FE7 Best: Marcus, Raven, Pent

FE7 Worst: Wil, Lowen, Heath, Karla

_

FE8 Best: Seth, Ephraim, Joshua, Gerik, Lute

FE8 Worst: Neimi, Amelia, Marisa,Ā Ewan

FE6

Best: Marcus, Rutger, Miledy, Perceval, Larum, Sin

Worst: Sophia, Gwendolyn, Wolt, Wade

FE7

Best: Marcus, everyone with a horse or flying beast, Pent

Worst: Lyn, Eliwood, archers, Nino

FE8:

Best: Seth, Duessel, Saleh, Vanessa, Franz

Worst: Marisa, all the trainees.

@Weeping__DalekĀ You are fighting a losing battle. There is no objective argument to prove that Ewan is better than trash. Knoll is 10 times better than Ewan is.Ā 

I haven't played 6 but

FE 7

Best: Hector, Raven, Heath

Worst: Florina (people keep saying that she's good but she's never turned out any better than Fiora, so I've never used her past Lyn's story), Wallace, Renault

FE 8

Best: Tana, Cormag, Ephraim

Worst: Rennac, Duessel, Innes

On 7/9/2017 at 9:34 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

When would one Fenrir hit be better than two shots of Flux?? Nosferatu's life drain effect isn't really worth it when you're fielding healers. It's not that accurate, either, so should you miss, you might be in a bad position. Luna is not nearly as good a boss killer as it was in FE7.

So, you're telling me that I can use healers on enemy phase? Or it's not worth it to save the use of a healer to attack or heal someone else?

Ā 

23 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

So, you're telling me that I can use healers on enemy phase? Or it's not worth it to save the use of a healer to attack or heal someone else?

That isn't what I'm saying. And I see you failed to address the fact that DHE pointed out that Nosferatu comes with a hefty AS cost (-7 if Ewan isn't promoted, and -6 if he is), which makes it useless as a survival tactic,Ā in addition to it only being 70 hit, which in conjunction with the AS penalty means that misses can be deadly.

How the heck is Duessel the "worst" anything?

Anyways, since this is about units...

FE6

Best: Mirady, Percival, Marcus

Worst: Gwendolyn, Sophia, Bors

FE7

Best: Marcus, Ninian, Florina

Worst: Wil, Wallace, Karla

FE8

Best: Seth, Franz, Vanessa

Worst: Amelia, Ewan, Marisa

Well, here goes:

FE6 Best: Alance, Milady, Thany, Rutger, Percival, Shin, Sue, Zeiss,Ā Dieck,Ā Wendy, Lilina, and Gonzales.

FE6 Worst: Wade, Lot, Treck, Juno, Zealot, Sophia, Cath, Barth, Merlinus.

]

FE7 Best: Pent, Louise,Ā Hector, Lyn, Florina, Fiora,Ā Nino, Lowen, Sain, Oswin, Raven, Serra, Priscilla, Eliwood (I mean yeah not the best lord, but better than other units), Guy.

FE7 Worst: Renault, Kent (not joking), Karla, Heath (worse than the Peg knights at least).

Ā 

FE8 Best:Ā SETH, LUTE, Artur, Saleh, Franz, Neimi, Eirika, Ephraim, Joshua, Gerik, Vanessa, Tana, Cormag.

FE8 Worst: No one is really bad tbh, but unless you're playing this game the classical way (i.e. no grinding, no skirmishes), then I guess the trainees would be considered bad.

Ā 

On 7/10/2017 at 2:52 AM, ping said:

I just have Wendy boss abuse the boss of Chapter 8, along with Lilina, till she's level 7. It was totally worth it, since she got really good level ups (or maybe she just got super lucky.), and made it much easier to use her in even the axe chapters. As for her movement, I just increased it with Boots.Ā And I gave her a support with Lilina and Ogier, of course.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I just have Wendy boss abuse the boss of Chapter 8, along with Lilina, till she's level 7. It was totally worth it, since she got really good level ups (or maybe she just got super lucky.), and made it much easier to use her in even the axe chapters. As for her movement, I just increased it with Boots.Ā And I gave her a support with Lilina and Ogier, of course.

You sure? Wendy (base Str 4) with a Steel Lance (Might 10) can't touch Leygance, even on normal mode (Def 14+3 w/ throne). Even if you unlock the C support with both Lilina and Ogier (both giving +1 damage), you'd need two +Str levels before she can even scratch him. Not to mention that he easily doubles (Spd 9 vs. 3 on normal mode) and one-rounds (22 Atk vs. 8 Def -> 2x14 damage vs. 19 HP) her with his steel lance. Although I guess you could make him equip his javelin and rescue-drop her away every turn, in which case Wendy only needs Def+1 or HP+2 in order to survive one round of combat. Supports most likely don't help in that regard, since she'd need a B support with Lilina to get a defense boost.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Wendy (base Str 4) with a Steel Lance (Might 10) can't touch Leygance,

I use Iron lances though.

Ā 

1 hour ago, ping said:

Although I guess you could make him equip his javelin and rescue-drop her away every turn, in which case Wendy only needs Def+1 or HP+2 in order to survive one round of combat.

Yes, I do that.

I also RNG abuse, so um. Yeah.

Ā 

On 7/9/2017 at 1:03 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Except this doesn't matter because dark spells other than Flux are practically unusable either on account of being too heavy (Fenrir, Gleipnir, Nosferatu) or useless (Eclipse, Luna).

I honestly fail to see what makes Gonzales good when he misses more than the Imperial stormtroopers in Star Wars...

He'll need a secret book and a support to help him out, but when he hits, he hits hard. But yeah, his skill sucks without investment. Watching Mangs' playthrough can really show the benefits of a blessed Gonzy. And he's the only foot unit that can traverse mountain ranges. But I can understand your point, maybe he deserves to get the boot off the list.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:23 PM, Weeping__Dalek said:

The only reason I like Ewan is because Knoll doesn't have good Speed, Wendy is also a bad unit in FE6, but not as bad as Sophia because she joins if you count Gaiden Chapters 8 chapters earlier

Wendy comes after Bors and alongside Barthe, who are both better than her statwise. Even then, they're just placeholders until Douglas arrives. The difference between Ewan and Wendy is that Ewan only has to compete with Knoll, who can turn out either good or bad. Meanwhile Wendy has to compete with 3 others for their niche, and they're all easier to train and use than her. Even so, there's a few non-knight/general units that have good enough defense to function as a tank (i.e. Percival, Noah, Trec)

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

He'll need a secret book and a support to help him out, but when he hits, he hits hard. But yeah, his skill sucks without investment. Watching Mangs' playthrough can really show the benefits of a blessed Gonzy. And he's the only foot unit that can traverse mountain ranges.

Except his hit granting supports are mostly questionable choices for a team (Lilina has speed issues, Garret has unimpressive stats and is also axe locked in a bad game to be axe locked in, Echidna loses her usefulness sooner or later, and Treck has trouble standing out; also noteworthy is that his own affinity doesn't give hit, and that the latter three supports are slow as molasses). Also, being able to traverse mountain ranges is too niche to make up for the fact that I have to gamble every time he sees combat.

On 15.7.2017 at 1:04 PM, Flee Fleet! said:

I use Iron lances though.

In that case, Wendy would need Str 11 (9 with the two C supports), which means 7 (5) procs@40% growth . ;)

Don't get me wrong, btw, I don't see RNG or boss abuse as a "wrong" playing style or anything like that. But I can't see it as a point in favour of a unit if she needs hours of grinding and/or luck (or "luck") with the RNG. I do remember that Wendy turned out good for you, and I even think that I recommended her over Milady as our Maltet user in the final chapter. But the amount of determination needed to reach that point and the fact that her average stats at higher levels still aren't phenomenal at all, prevent me from seeing her as anything else as a bottom tier unit. The lancelock on the Isles of the Ax is just another nail in her coffin.

(And while this doesn't really matter for this discussion: Did you maybe boss abuse off of Henning in 8x and not Leygance? He has a few points less in defense and as long as he keeps his steel blade equipped, the weapon triangle would have helped you, as well. He'd potentially one-round Wendy, too, but well, RNG abuse ;) )

4 hours ago, ping said:

In that case, Wendy would need Str 11 (9 with the two C supports), which means 7 (5) procs@40% growth . ;)

Oh. Well, I guess my memory's failing me on how I did it, so I'll check out the old thread.

Ā 

4 hours ago, ping said:

Don't get me wrong, btw, I don't see RNG or boss abuse as a "wrong" playing style or anything like that. But I can't see it as a point in favour of a unit if she needs hours of grinding and/or luck (or "luck") with the RNG.

Yeah, true. Tbh any unit can become good or extremely blessed when they're babied (for example, babying Dew from FE4), but that depends on whether the player wants to do it or not, so it really doesn't help on how awful they start off.

Ā 

4 hours ago, ping said:

I do remember that Wendy turned out good for you, and I even think that I recommended her over Milady as our Maltet user in the final chapter. But the amount of determination needed to reach that point and the fact that her average stats at higher levels still aren't phenomenal at all, prevent me from seeing her as anything else as a bottom tier unit. The lancelock on the Isles of the Ax is just another nail in her coffin.

Yeah, it did take quite an amount of turns to get her and Lilina to level 7 at the very least, and after checking out her average stats at her highest promoted level, it was only worth it because she got blessed. Admittedly I made her train more in chapter 8x by killing more enemies than the others, so that also helped her out in surviving Axe Land.

Ā 

4 hours ago, ping said:

(And while this doesn't really matter for this discussion: Did you maybe boss abuse off of Henning in 8x and not Leygance? He has a few points less in defense and as long as he keeps his steel blade equipped, the weapon triangle would have helped you, as well. He'd potentially one-round Wendy, too, but well, RNG abuse ;) )

Nope. I definitely remember that I didn't boss abuse off of Henning with Wendy, or in fact, with anyone. Wendy, along with the others were around the same level, so I didn't fell like doing it.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:48 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

Well, here goes:

FE6 Best: Alance, Milady, Thany, Rutger, Percival, Shin, Sue, Zeiss,Ā Dieck,Ā Wendy, Lilina, and Gonzales.

FE6 Worst: Wade, Lot, Treck, Juno, Zealot, Sophia, Cath, Barth, Merlinus.

]

FE7 Best: Pent, Louise,Ā Hector, Lyn, Florina, Fiora,Ā Nino, Lowen, Sain, Oswin, Raven, Serra, Priscilla, Eliwood (I mean yeah not the best lord, but better than other units), Guy.

FE7 Worst: Renault, Kent (not joking), Karla, Heath (worse than the Peg knights at least).

Ā 

FE8 Best:Ā SETH, LUTE, Artur, Saleh, Franz, Neimi, Eirika, Ephraim, Joshua, Gerik, Vanessa, Tana, Cormag.

FE8 Worst: No one is really bad tbh, but unless you're playing this game the classical way (i.e. no grinding, no skirmishes), then I guess the trainees would be considered bad.

Ā 

Ā 

So you spend several hundred getting 1 EXP per turn with Wendy against Legance? Boss abusing Legance with Lilina is somewhatĀ viable since she's a Mage and can actually do damage, but at base he one shots her with the Javelin, meaning that you must keep his Silver Lance equipped and get Lilina out of there, not to mention he doubles her andĀ at base even she doesn't do a ton to him because her base Magic is low and Legance has decent Resistance on top of a throne which I believe gives 3 more Resistance, it's also a lot easier to level Lilina against other things as she has a more reliable ranged option than Wendy, a stupidly fast support with Roy, hits Resistance instead of Defense and can double 0 AS Soldiers and Knights, which there are quite a few of (specifically Soldiers)Ā especially once all the reinforcements come in

On 7/15/2017 at 3:57 PM, Dandy Druid said:

He'll need a secret book and a support to help him out, but when he hits, he hits hard. But yeah, his skill sucks without investment. Watching Mangs' playthrough can really show the benefits of a blessed Gonzy. And he's the only foot unit that can traverse mountain ranges. But I can understand your point, maybe he deserves to get the boot off the list.

Wendy comes after Bors and alongside Barthe, who are both better than her statwise. Even then, they're just placeholders until Douglas arrives. The difference between Ewan and Wendy is that Ewan only has to compete with Knoll, who can turn out either good or bad. Meanwhile Wendy has to compete with 3 others for their niche, and they're all easier to train and use than her. Even so, there's a few non-knight/general units that have good enough defense to function as a tank (i.e. Percival, Noah, Trec)

He'll need ONE Secret Book? He basically calls a monopoly on Secret Books. Also Geese as a Berserker and Garret can move through Peaks, but why would you want a foot unit that can move through Peaks at one square per turn when you have Flyers that can rescue more people, can move again after rescuing and can move through Peaks at anywhere between 7 and 10 squares per turn?

On the point of Wendy, yes, she joins too underleveled at a bad time in the game alongside another Knight who can actually do something and way later than another Knight who has had chapters filled with Lances and Soldiers that he can train off of, but why use a General in FE6 over a Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Hero or literally any other class?

On 7/15/2017 at 6:52 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Except his hit granting supports are mostly questionable choices for a team (Lilina has speed issues, Garret has unimpressive stats and is also axe locked in a bad game to be axe locked in, Echidna loses her usefulness sooner or later, and Treck has trouble standing out; also noteworthy is that his own affinity doesn't give hit, and that the latter three supports are slow as molasses). Also, being able to traverse mountain ranges is too niche to make up for the fact that I have to gamble every time he sees combat.

Lilina and Echidna are the only two of those that I could see myself using, I typically do use Lilina already, but I have better people to give that B support with Lilina to, specifically Ogier if I decide to use him or Astore and when you have Geese who hits way more reliably than Gonzales, especially as a Berserker, what reason do I have to use Gonzales?