Jedi's Roster Predictions

Jedi

I'd like to play as Garon just to see the part goop monster moveset. But the story implications terrify me. They have to explain that he's Corrin's father. Then explain he was a nice guy at one point (but don't you DARE show any evidence!). Then explain he's a goop monster. Then explain that he's not Corrin's father. And that's a lot of buildup for a guy that will probably just get eaten by this new, evil dragon. Ugh, I'd rather we skip the Fates villain slot.

Hardin seems like a hard sell (heh), since we in the west have no idea what his significance really is. We do know who Gharnef is.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Jedi added Azura to his prediction I don't really need to link to something Rena Strober said implying that Azura was likely, but I'm going to do it anyway for the sake of discussion.

19 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I don't see why everyone's putting Garon on their roster. He isn't even the main villain of Fates and no one likes him. If you want a foot axe user, we already have that with Lissa. It'd be much more interesting to have Anankos' human form in the roster, but even he isn't really cared for. But please do not put Garon in it, especially when competition is already fierce due to there being 10 royals. Plus, I really don't want that hideous thing on my character select screen

16e.jpg.bf1de60b3df5e189481dc78789130d02.jpg

No, I did not just want an excuse to use this image If they add Garon's Blight Dragon and Empty Vessel forms into his moveset, then he can be one of my most hype characters. Don't diss the moveset potential.

Edited by Lightchao42

This roster seems about right to me, I'm right up with you guys about approximately 25 characters. More would be lovely but I just don't see them doing more than that at first.

I'm hoping for some surprises though! :) Whether it be unexpected characters or a larger roster.

With the way they showed the Awakening trailer, I think we'll be getting a fair amount of characters from the starting parties of each game.

Awakening gets Chrom, Lissa, Freddy and Robin (Virion, Stahl, Sully, Sumia as NPCs maybe?), Fates would get Corrin, Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura (Xander, Camilla and Leo wouldn't join right away, Hinoka, Sakura and Elise as NPC?), and SD would get Marth, Caeda, Jagen and Draug (Cain, Abel and Gordin as NPC?). 

That's my prediction, along with the rest of the characters in my 34 character roster yesterday. This makes it so you can have a full 4-unit party for each path, likely being able to freely stick in Rowan/Lianna as substitutes.

Starting game roster could be twins, Marth, Caeda, Chrom, Robin, Corrin and Azura. Playing until the first "in-game" chapters would unlock the rest of the "starting cast" for use.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

3 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

With the way they showed the Awakening trailer, I think we'll be getting a fair amount of characters from the starting parties of each game.

Awakening gets Chrom, Lissa, Freddy and Robin (Virion, Stahl, Sully, Sumia as NPCs maybe?), Fates would get Corrin, Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura (Xander, Camilla and Leo wouldn't join right away, Hinoka, Sakura and Elise as NPC?), and SD would get Marth, Caeda, Jagen and Draug (Cain, Abel and Gordin as NPC?). 

That's my prediction, along with the rest of the characters in my 34 character roster yesterday. This makes it so you can have a full 4-unit party for each path, likely being able to freely stick in Rowan/Lianna as substitutes.

Starting game roster could be twins, Marth, Caeda, Chrom, Robin, Corrin and Azura. Playing until the first "in-game" chapters would unlock the rest of the "starting cast" for use.

If they go the HW route, we'll start with one character. Not sure who. We may get the twins right off the bat, but then again, we may only get one immediately. Given the trailers though, I'm guessing they start off together.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If they go the HW route, we'll start with one character. Not sure who. We may get the twins right off the bat, but then again, we may only get one immediately. Given the trailers though, I'm guessing they start off together.

I'm assuming there going the DQ Heroes route and start out with both of 'em. Chrom will definitely be the first 'Hero' you meet besides the OCs.

5 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

I'm assuming there going the DQ Heroes route and start out with both of 'em. Chrom will definitely be the first 'Hero' you meet besides the OCs.

I was initially expecting Marth to be first, but since Chrom is apparently the first "gemstone" then I would concur.

Cordelia is on these predictions, so I approve. Though I would probably replace Kaze/Jakob with Felicia. She seems like the safer bet considering how much they've promoted her. Though I do think that Kaze/Jakob would be better choices. 

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm gonna agree with @Ragnell17 I see this being more like DQ Heroes in terms of character joining, where you'd start with the OCs then get the others as you progress.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm gonna agree with @Ragnell17 I see this being more like DQ Heroes in terms of character joining, where you'd start with the OCs then get the others as you progress.

Agreed, but we shouldn't have to wait long. I'm guessing other characters will come in in chapter two. I'm also thinking the third OC will not be playable for a while even though he's with the group.

7 minutes ago, Escalario said:

With the devs saying they will mainly "focus on SD/Awakening/Fates", I hope they will put 2-3 character from FE7-10. Just put Lyn, Eirika/Ephraim or Ike in the base roster.

pretty sure in another interview they said that characters from other games will be NPCs at most

and the example they gave was Anna, so I don't think anyone from those games really has a chance aside from roy and ike, who might get in due to having amiibos

7 minutes ago, unique said:

pretty sure in another interview they said that characters from other games will be NPCs at most

and the example they gave was Anna, so I don't think anyone from those games really has a chance aside from roy and ike, who might get in due to having amiibos

They'll probably wait for DLC like Hyrule Warriors and then give some characters from outside the 3 focused games some stuff.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

As unlikely as it may be, is there any reason why you don't believe the roster won't be as big as Pirate Warriors?

I'm just being conservative with the roster, generally first Warriors titles start fairly small, and even if they say its gonna have a bigger roster than most of them, i'm not going to believe it until I see it.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm just being conservative with the roster, generally first Warriors titles start fairly small, and even if they say its gonna have a bigger roster than most of them, i'm not going to believe it until I see it.

I can't say I'm too familiar with Warriors franchise, but I recall Gundam Dynasty Warriors & Dragon Quest having a fairly large roster. Feel free to correct me on this.

I find it odd you would add camilia and leo with xander but only takumi for ryoma. I would at least expect sakura there to have another fighting healer like lissa. or hinoka so theres at least a lance unit.

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I can't say I'm too familiar with Warriors franchise, but I recall Gundam Dynasty Warriors & Dragon Quest having a fairly large roster. Feel free to correct me on this.

Dragon Quest Heroes had 4 OCs 
Four characters from DQ IV 
Two characters from V 
One from VI 
and Two from VIII 

For a full cast of 13 characters, and one of those was DLC. 

Heroes 2 has a larger one, but just as a note FE:W is already going to surpass DQ:H1.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 had 21 playable Gundams/Pilots

Edited by Jedi

That's a pretty solid base roster Jedi, at least for one that's trying to remain conservative. Yeah, there's some characters I'd like to see (I want Arthur personally, but his chances are pretty much next to none), so I'd be relatively okay with that as our base roster seeing as we're limited to three games.

11 minutes ago, Thany said:

I find it odd you would add camilia and leo with xander but only takumi for ryoma. I would at least expect sakura there to have another fighting healer like lissa. or hinoka so theres at least a lance unit.

Much like Lissa had to use a weapon even though she's primarily a healer, they'd have to do the same with Sakura. Sakura's weapon of choice would most likely have to be bows, and with Takumi there, it'd get pretty redundant to have them both. As for Hinoka, there are already two other Pegasus Knights on the prediction list, so there shouldn't be more.

1 minute ago, Raijinto said:

That's a pretty solid base roster Jedi, at least for one that's trying to remain conservative. Yeah, there's some characters I'd like to see (I want Arthur personally, but his chances are pretty much next to none), so I'd be relatively okay with that as our base roster seeing as we're limited to three games.

Thanks! I have quite a few personal wants but only one of them is on that conservative list, well actually 2 haha. 

14 minutes ago, Thany said:

The Nohr Nobles are overall quite a bit more popular than the Hoshido ones, and I think this will be reflected in Warriors if we have a smaller cast, if we have a larger cast than we'll have all 4 from both sides.

1 minute ago, pik3rob said:

Much like Lissa had to use a weapon even though she's primarily a healer, they'd have to do the same with Sakura. Sakura's weapon of choice would most likely have to be bows, and with Takumi there, it'd get pretty redundant to have them both. As for Hinoka, there are already two other Pegasus Knights on the prediction list, so there shouldn't be more.

It's entirely possible that there'd be an archer besides Takumi and because he can overshadow most of the candidates, you might as well make it Sakura, who is a royal. She also has magical abilities and healing to set her apart. If it'd be redundant to have Takumi and Sakura, then it must be redundant to have Marth, Lucina, and Chrom. They all use the same sword!! If they don't want another bow, have her use scrolls. Would be way different from tomes.

The same case can be made for Hinoka. While there may be Cordelia and Caeda, Hinoka could have harder hitting attacks with her naginata; up close and personal. I kind of imagine Impa from Hyrule Warriors, with horsey attacks added in.

And a case could be made for Elise using staves like Freeze. The point is that if the developers felt that they couldn't put in every game because they would need to put in the main characters, then they might feel the same way for the three games they chose; they'd have to put in the main characters. I don't see the two kingdoms being uneven.

1 minute ago, Pokechu said:

It's entirely possible that there'd be an archer besides Takumi and because he can overshadow most of the candidates, you might as well make it Sakura, who is a royal. She also has magical abilities and healing to set her apart. If it'd be redundant to have Takumi and Sakura, then it must be redundant to have Marth, Lucina, and Chrom. They all use the same sword!! If they don't want another bow, have her use scrolls. Would be way different from tomes.

The same case can be made for Hinoka. While there may be Cordelia and Caeda, Hinoka could have harder hitting attacks with her naginata; up close and personal. I kind of imagine Impa from Hyrule Warriors, with horsey attacks added in.

And a case could be made for Elise using staves like Freeze. The point is that if the developers felt that they couldn't put in every game because they would need to put in the main characters, then they might feel the same way for the three games they chose; they'd have to put in the main characters. I don't see the two kingdoms being uneven.

If we're getting another archer, there are better options...like characters who start as archers such as Virion, Gordin, or Jeorge.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If we're getting another archer, there are better options...like characters who start as archers such as Virion, Gordin, or Jeorge.

Uh, are you sure about that? In terms of popularity, Sakura is Lucina when she stands next to the three you mentioned. Those characters don't even have that big of a fanbase and SD might already be strapped on characters because the devs said one of the games has a smaller cast compared to the other 2. And we know Virion isn't getting in over Tharja and Cordelia; Virion isn't relevant nor does he have the popularity he needs. I'd see Gaius and Nowi getting in before him.

It makes sense to have all of the royals, especially when each one is so different. You could say there's better options for a foot axe user, like one who starts out using one but no, we got Lissa.

Edited by Pokechu