Did you skill grind?

Ronnie

So Awakening is known for having "class paths" to grind a unit to get their 5 best possible skills before deciding their final class. Did you do this for your team when playing the game or for DLC? Or did you not bother at all?

I did this to get the best outcomes for my units (including the kids). However there are some units like Libra, Lissa and Cherche that have rather limited skill options so I just stick them with filler Rally or Miracle skills after getting their 2-3 useful skills.

I'd say that I actually went the route of going through all of my units (save Robin and their kids) class sets.  Mostly I like to have a range of skills that they can use to defeat an enemy and I find that I don't actually have room for rally skills as such on any of them.

To an extent, yeah. Not very heavy grinding, is what I want to say. I mostly just try to get them there as quick as possible and then jump to the next.

I did once go through every class with every unit (Including the kids and Robin. And I also went and pt everyone through Dread Fighter and Bride and got all the extra skill books for all units). It took me a long ass time.

I did do it another time on a no-kid run with Maiden!Lucina so it took a lot less time.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

I'd say that I actually went the route of going through all of my units (save Robin and their kids) class sets.  Mostly I like to have a range of skills that they can use to defeat an enemy and I find that I don't actually have room for rally skills as such on any of them.

On 7/7/2017 at 6:14 AM, Azz said:

I did once go through every class with every unit (Including the kids and Robin. And I also went and pt everyone through Dread Fighter and Bride and got all the extra skill books for all units). It took me a long ass time.

I did do it another time on a no-kid run with Maiden!Lucina so it took a lot less time.

Jesus guys. That sounds like torture. I hope you had Lost Bloodlines 3 for that sweet Paragon bonus. Even then the 16 exp max per kill becomes a slog after the 2nd/3rd second seal.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Jesus guys. That sounds like torture. I hope you had Lost Bloodlines 3 for that sweet Paragon bonus. Even then the 16 exp max per kill becomes a slog after the 2nd/3rd second seal.

I've been doing it without Paragon and that is why I have a 300+hours on my main save file.

I did, but not for everyone, some more than others and even then, only during the post game, which is what basically took up a good majority of the hours spent on the game. I always left everyone in their initial promotion class, however, even if Hero Cordy IS hella fun to use

• 4 weeks later...

I didnt do this on my first playthrough which i abandoned on chapter 17 playing hard/classic. 

Right now I'm planning on doing alot of skillgrinding and optimizing on lunatic/classic but im getting in trouble with characters hitting level 10 in chapter 8 and me not having enough seals. I think im going through 4/5 classes each.