Could the Tempest Trials be a prequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

Warning: Unmarked Tokyo Mirage Sessions spoilers abound. Proceed at your own peril.

So, I was wondering: the Tempest Trials' backstory, where the FE worlds get destroyed and the heroes are trapped in a strange new place, seems remarkably similar to the premise for T.M.S.. So I figured, why not go MatPat on the issue and look for some evidence. Here's what I found.

1) It explains the origin of the MC. Note how, when asked to describe their homeworld, Kiran mentions cars and skyscrapers. The only place in the FE universe with modern technology like this is the world of T.M.S.. Therefore, it can't be too much of a stretch that Kiran has a connection to T.M.S., which would mean the two games already have intertwined stories.

2) It explains the existence of T.M.S.. Without the existence of the Tempest, there would be no way for the mirages to get to the T.M.S. world in the first place! Maybe the finale of Tempest Trials involves Alphonse opening the portal to T.M.S.?

3) There are no T.M.S. characters in Heroes. The only game other than T.M.S. to not have characters in Heores after Tellius was Gaiden. This was because they wanted the release of said characters to coincide with Echoes. Now, the only FE with no Heroes representation is T.M.S., so this could be foreshadowing.

4) The use of a mind controlling contract which the protagonist must break is very similar to how mirage masters can control mirages. Maybe Kiran and Veronica are Mirage masters?

5) The existence of characters that shouldn't exist could also be explained here. Why would Morgan from FE13 end up in FE7? Caught in the Tempest! Why would Kris and Faye only appear in remakes but not the originals? Caught in the Tempest! In the events after T.M.S., the mirages each return to their own worlds. But, what if Morgan still had amnesia? Maybe (s)he went into the wrong portal and found themself in FE7, and then had to go to FE13 via an outrealm gate (hence why he 'came from a different future than the other child units' in FE13)

6) Faye's personality. This one's a huge stretch, but it could still work. Maybe Faye was a huge fan of Fire Emblem in the world of T.M.S., and when she saw the mirages (and all her favorite FE characters!) she decided to follow them. Because she is meeting her favorite videogame character in person, she then proceeds to fangirl uncontrollably, like anyone else would. This explains both why she is in FE15 but not FE2, AND why she's so obsessed with Alm. Also, Faye having a part in causing her own place in the FE universe would be great for a time travel mind-fuck.

7) The legendary hero in the endgame of T.M.S. is called Marth. The great hero of the Tempest (masked Lucina) is also called Marth.

Now, that being said, there is also some evidence against this theory.

1) Veronica is nowhere to be seen in T.M.S., and Garnef is the villain instead. This is by far the biggest theory killer. But equally, Veronica may end up being killed, which would be enough to make her not exist in a later game.

2) There is another reason for T.M.S. not to have Heroes representation: the fact that it's so damn unpopular! This may cause Int Sys to shy away from linking the main FE timeline to T.M.S..

3) This theory being correct would require there to be an end to the Tempest Trials, which I doubt will happen in the near future.

So, what does everyone else think?

I don't think that Heroes will get TMS characters even though I would love it if it did, and the reason why is because TMS is a crossover with Atlus and unless Atlus gives their permission for those characters to be in Heroes I can't see them being in.  The only way I see TMS characters getting in Heroes is if it gets a Switch port which I don't see happening, which is too bad since TMS is a really good game.   

I wish TMS made it in, but yeah, legal hoops are for some reason more difficult to overcome than you'd think. Why wouldn't Atlus want the characters it made in more games? Well they probably would want more money than Nintendo thinks they'd make from adding the TMS group.

As for what we'd actually get:

Itsuki would be probably another Falchion user, but it'd be a waste if they couldn't find a way to fit his Elec magic into the game. Blazing Thunder as a skill perhaps? Or maybe they could invent a Fulgur (adds Itsuki's Def and Res to his Atk, damage dealt is reduced by enemy's Def+Res, basically it lets him occasionally pierce units with a lopsided Def stat).

Tsubasa- Infantry, or Flier with a jet engine? Throw her Blazing Wind and a healing Assist if possible. Maybe we could get the Wing Spear from her? Alternatively, her Arena ultimate is the Ethereal Feather.

Touma- Infantry, or Cav with a motorcycle? They'd have to work in his fire touches somehow- Ignis or Blazing Flame makes the most sense. The Spear of Light or his Arena ultimate the Brionac sounds like a cool weapon.

Kiria- I'd guess she'd be Green. Any of her weapons would work for her, maybe the fairly weak Yggdrasil Rod given Heroes likes the Norse? Glacies for sure. Now if only we could get The Labyrinth in the game.

Eleonora- Another Close Counter bow user? Other than Blazing Thunder, I'd like to see if they could somehow add a version of Final Hour/Mass Destruction (reduces enemy HP to 1). I think the Kamadeva Bow most suits her actual bow's appearance with its rose arrowheads.

Mamori- An axe armor, hopefully with a healing skill (if not an Assist, then Renewal), and hopefully maybe some new skill that lets her take hits intended for adjacent allies (with a small damage reduction).

Yashiro- All I'd like to see is for them to add a Counter Special skill like the command one in TMS. Every so many attacks, Yashiro negates a 1 range physical hit directed at him and counters with an attack that deals increased damage. Whatever else they want to do with him I'd be fine with.

And if we have to even out the roster and add an 8th, we could throw in Uta-loid Tiki. Make her either some color of Breath user, or give her a Staff called Bloom or Unity.

Lastly, perhaps a "Session" skill? If attacking unit deals effective damage or has WTA vs. the opponent, adjacent allies will follow up when the assailant is done attacking and deal (their Atk - enemy's Def/Res) divided by 4 damage. Does not affect the Special cooldowns of the units who attacked due to Session; Session hits cannot debuff either (both measures are taken to avoid making it too good).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The theory is a bit of a stretch, quite a lot for my tastes, although point 4 would be a pretty interesting addition to the tempest plot. There's also Bruno, who's intentions aren't crystal-clear.

I also long for TMS getting more screen and more love, as it did pretty bad among the fanbase,  but meh.

Me theorycrafting units as well.

Itsuki would be a typical Falchion (obligatory dragon slaying unit due to Firm Resolve Ad Lib) user with the functionality of a refreshing unit (Strike A Pose skill). His A skill would be a Weapon Triangle modifier (Empty Wave skill), which adds a level of weakness to the enemy upon initiating attack. With this, Itsuki would have WTA against red, green and colorless and neutral against blue only by initiating combat. This would affect only Itsuki's offense and would not affect the enemy's dmg. His B skill would be Seal Special, that negates enemy's Special activation when engaging combat. There's also the alternative of changing Itsuki's A skill for a C skill with similar effect but working like a Ploy skill, not in cardinal directions but rather 2 tiles around opponent, like smoke dagger.

Tsubasa would be a lance flier or a green flier like Camilla. She can get Ethereal Feather (with Breath of Life 2 effect) or Excalibur, Ardent Sacrifice, a C skill that dispels debuffs from adjacent allies at the start of each turn and probably Wind boost for A skill.

Touma would be a lance cav with Ignis/Luna or Pavise, Fire Boost for A skill and Threaten Atk/Def 2 (decreases enemies's Atk and Def within 2 spaces by 4). His lance can have defiant atk 2 effect idk.

Kiria would be a blue mage due to her affinity with ice spells. Some skills for her would include Glacies, Savage Blow for C skill and Hygeia's Protection for B skill which protects her against debuffs (neutralizing them to 0). I think Fimbulvetr would be her tome having Defiant Res 2 effect or be a Wo Dao tome, due to her high magic dmg.

Eleonora screams dmg everywhere so Poison Strike, Savage Blow and AoE fit her pretty well. My two cents are a bow with Savage Blow 2 effect, Poison Strike 3 for B skill, Threaten Atk/Spd 2 and Moonbow/Luna/Growing Thunder for special.

Mamori definitely would go as an axe armor with healing and tanking properties. First off, a C skill that distributes dmg received by an adjacent ally by half and passes it to Mamori (allowing her to even die), Renewal 3 for B skill, Pavise or Reciprocal Aid and an Axe that neutralizes enemy's buffs (not panic effect) after combat.

Finally Yashiro would be really distinctive by having Hone Atk/Spd 2 for C skill, an A skill that adds 1.5 enemy dmg to Yashiro's dmg upon initiating attack, Sol and a weapon with Life and Death 2 or Vantage 2 effect.

Man this makes me want to replay TMS

I'm really hoping for no crossover characters.  I can understand why people who have played and love both games would love to have some characters cross over but to me, this is fire emblem heroes.  If they make an OP unit from another game and I start seeing him kill my units in arena, I'll just be mad because that unit shouldn't even be in this game.  Then again, neither should swimsuit units and I'm not complaining about that.... xD

When I get new characters from Fire Emblem games I've never played, I'm still excited to see their character art/personalities.  But from another game?  It would just make me feel like those characters don't belong.  People who have played both games may think they would fit in fine but to someone who hasn't it would feel like they just threw Darth Vader into the game.

Also, we have so many FE characters that haven't been released.  Like, a ton.  Crossover characters means IS releasing FE characters will be delayed further. 

Besides, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is our crossover game, why do we need to do it again?

Edited by Lushen

Nah, I think if they wanted TMS in Heroes, they'd think smaller by keeping it to a paralogue. I already theorized the setup once before. The Askr twins discover a new world fitting the description of Kiran's cars and skyscrapers. So they try (and fail) to hide it from them before they're invaded by the TMS characters under Veronica's contract. Once the fighting is over, Kiran only needs to access a computer or cell phone to learn that while it does resemble the Tokyo of his world, it's not quite the same. And a heartfelt moment where the Askr twins learn Kiran has no intention of leaving even if they do find a way for him to go home.

As for whether to expect TMS, I think it's a little premature to guess either way. They'd sooner give us Cipher Legends or the new original characters from Fire Emblem Warriors. If we see either of those in the future, then we should start pestering IS for some TMS representation. The game only has a roster of seven characters, plus they'd be totally justified in not doing an english voiceover - they're ethnically japanese people, unlike anybody else from Fire Emblem.

In some interview, they did consider putting in TMS#FE characters into Heroes but there is the caveat of making the characters fit into the setting of Heroes (namely that there are modern-fantasy characters rather than medieval-fantasy characters in TMS#FE and I guess it'd be weird for a modern-day character like Kiran to summon a modern-day character like Itsuki or Tsubasa). And of course, TMS#FE is also an Atlus property (it's a crossover and its own IP IIRC) so there's legal hoops, too, though that didn't stop TMS#FE from having its characters appear in the Cipher TCG.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

In some interview, they did consider putting in TMS#FE characters into Heroes but there is the caveat of making the characters fit into the setting of Heroes (namely that there are modern-fantasy characters rather than medieval-fantasy characters in TMS#FE and I guess it'd be weird for a modern-day character like Kiran to summon a modern-day character like Itsuki or Tsubasa). And of course, TMS#FE is also an Atlus property (it's a crossover and its own IP IIRC) so there's legal hoops, too, though that didn't stop TMS#FE from having its characters appear in the Cipher TCG.

TMS#FE and it's characters are not necessarily under ownership of Atlus. Platinum games, for instance, does not own Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta. Those are property of Nintendo & Sega, respectively.

Considering Intelligent Systems and Atlus were both involved in development and that the game was brought up by Nintendo in the first place with Atlus agreeing to make it, I really wouldn't be surprised if the characters belonged to Nintendo as well. 

But even if not (I can't anywhere to confirm one or another), I don't think it would be an issue. As you (and others) have brought up, they were already allowed in the TCG. They've already crossed this bridge! And it's not like atlus & nintendo are on bad terms such that they wouldn't put up with it if they really wanted them in the game. And when brought up in the interview, they didn't bother bringing up getting permission to use those characters, just the (kind of eyerollingly silly) reasoning of "fitting in the game"

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

In some interview, they did consider putting in TMS#FE characters into Heroes but there is the caveat of making the characters fit into the setting of Heroes (namely that there are modern-fantasy characters rather than medieval-fantasy characters in TMS#FE and I guess it'd be weird for a modern-day character like Kiran to summon a modern-day character like Itsuki or Tsubasa).

Different dimensions hold different worlds, with when time began in each also being variable. And none of the TMS characters use modern weapons- they all use FE traditional standbys. Their Carnage forms are a little out there (namely Mamori's, and those motor mounts that Tsubasa and Touma use for battle openings and some SP skills), but not all that much really. Sure Kiria's attire is a sharp contrast to plain old Eliwood's, but so is Camilla's!

If they want to save the TMS cast until later after main FE titles get more reps, then fine. But I don't see setting or design standing in the way.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just got Tobin, and he seems kind of off. His quotes make him seem too calm than he usually is. In SoV, he was a little more eager and much more clueless.

Edit: Whoops, thought this was the General discussion thread. Lol

Edited by KongDude

On 19/05/2017 at 10:06 PM, The_antithesis said:

When reading this, A saw the perfect excuse for some character ideas:

Aoi Ikutski: Mirage master

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: Infantry; Weapon: blue tome; Description: “A young hero with large amounts of performa attempting to piece together the mysteries of the idolasphere. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE”

Skill list:

Weapons: 1*: Thunder; 3*: Elthunder; 4*: Lightning (Mt 7, accelerates special cooldown); 5* Lightning+ (Mt 10, accelerates special cooldown)

Suppourt: 4*: Rally spectrum (gives +1 to attack, speed, defense and resistance of targeted unit)

Special: 2*: Night sky; 4*: Astra; 5*: Hassou Tobi (deal 300% more damage. Cooldown: 5)

A: 3*: Spare sword 1 (If unit is attacked at range 1, unit may counter with an iron sword); Spare sword 2 (' ' with a steel sword); spare sword 3 (' ' with a silver sword) NOTE: swords are still red here, so if he is attacked by a red/blue unit, he will take extra damage from having this skill.

B: None

C: 4*: Spur defence 1; 5*: spur defence 2

Max stats at 5* LV40: 44 HP, 43 ATK, 35 SPD, 27 DEF, 30 RES

Overall: I can see Ikutski being a good counter to a large portion of the cast (even if he does get murdered by Nino) with fewer weaknesses than other units similar to him.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Where am I now? This doesn't look like the idolasphere. Well, it appears I am bound to your side, so I guess I'll help.

Growth (0-1): “I'll have to try harder than that to beat back those mirages.”

Growth (2-3): “Not bad, not brilliant. I shall continue down this path.”

Growth (4-5): “Ha ha! That was great!”

Growth (skill): “I now have a new way of defending myself. Thank you.”

Low HP: “This hurts!”

Beaten: “That wasn't on the script...”

Tapped: “Ready.” “Where am I needed?” “Who falls next?”

Crit: “Performing live, right here!” “I'll ad-lib this bit.” “I mustn't lose, not here!”

Castle: “Thank you for checking up on everyone, we all appreciate it.”; “Ah, hello. Do you need any help with your patrol, (name)?”; “Um, the girls are staring at me. I've got to admit, I'm a bit creeped out.”; “I miss having modern foods and transport. Do you wish you could bring a bit of your home to here, (name)?”; “Being a part of a legend is so cool! If only it would happen a bit quicker...”

Greeting: “Ah, are you (name)? I've just got a few feathers to unload from (guest's name).”

Skinship: “Haha, that tickles.”; “Stop poking me!”; “I wonder how my friends are doing.”; “This place seems very... Archaic.”

5* LV40 confession: “Although I spent this whole time missing life back home, I've grown to like this place. There are so many charming people, and everyone here is so friendly. Well, everyone except the enemies. In fact, I feel as though I have unlocked powers beyond what I could have achieved without the order of heroes, and I feel like I could take down anyone! So, I'll be sure to keep at my best, and you keep being at yours. Shall this continue until we are no longer needed.”

Tsubasa Oribe: Flying idol

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: flier; Weapon: green tome; Description: “A teenage idol who has just started her career in singing at fortuna offices. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Gronnwolf; 5*: Gronnwolf+

Support: 3*: Dia (restores 4HP to an ally); 4*: Diarama (restores 7HP to an ally); 5*: Mediarama (restores 7HP to self and all adjacent allies)

Special: 4*: 2*: weapon press (increases damage by 30% of enemy attack); 4*: rend heaven (increase damage by 50% of enemy attack)

A: 3*: Dual strike (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack for 30% damage); 5*: Session (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack at 50% damage) Note: 'extra damage' can come from the weapons triangle, all offensive skills (excluding daylight and sol), and effective weapons. It cannot come from doubling (from speed or brave weapons) stat buffs or blade tomes.

B: 2*: Desparation 1; 3*: Desparation 2; 4*: Desparation 3; 5*: Brave fear (follow attacks ALWAYS occur first)

C: None

Max stats at 5* LV40: 37 HP, 38 ATK, 39 SPD, 21 DEF, 25 RES.

Overall: Tsubasa is more valuable for her skills than her stats. Although the session bonus and rend heaven combined can kill anything under the sun with ease, her pathetic defence and resistance will let her down a lot.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Oh, this is so cool! So, where are the legendary heroes you were talking about?”

Growth (0-1): “I'm still useless...”

Growth (2-3): “Average?! I am not average!”

Growth (4-5): “YES! I'm one step closer to being a mega-idol”

Growth (skill): “I don't just have physical strength to fall back on. Go me!”

Low HP: “I'm not out yet!”

Beaten: “I can't go on.”

Tapped: “Next move?” “A-are you sure?” “To the front!”

Crit: “Ahhhh!” “Time for an encore!” “La la la laaaa!” “Call THIS 'cute'!”

Castle: “Is there a stage anywhere for me? I'd like to sing sometime.”; “Flying is the best! I should probably start giving people joyrides.”; “This world is so much more peaceful than our Earth... Well, I'm not wrong, am I?”; “Does this world seriously not have idols?! How do people not get bored to death?”; “Thanks for checking up on me. It's more than I deserve.”; “When is my next battle? I should prepare myself properly for it!”; (Another flier in the castle) “We should do a dual routine of flying. It'll be a great performance, right?”

Guest: “Hi, (name)! Another kingdom, more new faces. Can I stay for a few minutes?”

Skinship: “Wah! Oh, it's just you.”; “Hahaha...”; “I've just composed a new song. Want to hear it?”; “Hi there. I'm feeling great today. You?”

5* LV40 confession: “I feel like I'm on top of the world! This place is like a theme park, and you're the main attraction! Oh, uh, no pun intended. Anyway, I can feel so useful here, where I'm not a damsel in distress or just a plain old weakling. So, thank you so much for all the opportunities you have given me here, (name). So, thank you for everything, and I hope I can continue providing support on my end.”

Touma Akagi: cycling flame

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: cavalry; Weapon: blue lance; Description: “A hot-headed (and hot-speared) friend of Aoi. His playful nature brings laughter to those around him. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: iron lance; 2*: Steel lance; 4*: Killer lance; 5*: Firetipped lance (Mt 9, accelerates special cooldown, damage reduced by lower of enemy def and res, cannot be inherited.)

Support: Smite

Special: 3*: Ignition (increases damage by 50% of unit's speed, cooldown 4); 4*: Fireball (increases damage by 80% of unit's speed, cooldown 4)

A: 4*: Distant counter

B: 3*: Quicksotic (def/res -2, accelerates special cooldown); 4* Wrath (def/res -4, accelerates special cooldown twice)

C: 2*: Heated rage 1 (when HP<=25% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 5 damage); 3*: Heated rage 2 (When HP<=50% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage); 5*: Heated rage 3 (When HP <= 75% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with wrath): 47 HP, 40 ATK, 38 SPD, 23 DEF, 24 RES.

Overall: With high speed (so he can double attack) and a special cooldown of (effectively) 1, he will be able to activate fireball on EVERY attack! The same can't be said for his ability to tank, though...

Quotes: I'll probably just butcher them for Touma, as he is my least favourite character from TMS (followed by Tsubasa)

Kiria Kurono: supernatural singer

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: infantry, Weapon: green tome, Description: “A serious, calm performer who leads Fortuna offices alongside Maiko. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Arcwind; 5*: Music blast (Mt 14, can counter regarless of range. Cannot be inherited.)

Support: 2*: Sing

Special: 3*: Chilling wind; 4* Glacies.

A: 3*: Defiant guard 1 (def/res+2 when HP>=50%); 4*: Defiant guard 2 (def/res+3 when HP>=50%); 5*: Defiant guard 3 (def/res +4 when HP>=50%)

B: 3* Quick riposte 1; 5*: Quick riposte 2

C: 4*: Dual concert (Unit may use sing skills on other singers/dancers)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with defiant guard 3): 43 HP; 42 ATK; 28 SPD; 34 DEF; 37 RES

Overall: A more defensive Nino for taking and dealing lots of damage. If a team has two Kirias, the 'bard train' is possible, which would be VERY useful for positioning.

Quotes:

Summoned: “What is this place? Is it another idolasphere? Well, I think you would make a siutable guide.”

Growth (0-1): “How unimpressive.”

Growth (2-3): “Satisfactory, but I must strive for better.”

Growth (4-5): “Ah, this is significantly better than anticipated.”

Growth (skill): “Wonderful! I shall put this power to use as soon as possible”

Low HP: “This is pressuring...”

Beaten: “I must exit.”

Tapped: “Continue.”; “Direct me.”; “Time to move.”

Crit: “Amatuerish.”; “I'll show you talent!”; “By the power of song...”

Castle: “Hello. I am glad to see you are being a responsible leader.”; “Good (time of day, using the phone's clock). Is there anything I can help you with”; “Is there anywhere here that's siutable for music practice? I don't want to get rusty.”; “May I help with your patrol?”; “I wonder how Ikutski is doing... Is he OK?”

Guest: “Hello. I have been sent by (guest name) to deliver my greetings. Was my summoner sure this pitiful handful of feathers would be enough of a present?!”

Skinship: “What do you need of me?”; “You remind me of Ikutski-kun. He is admirable, like you.”; “This palace is a beautiful place. May I take a walk around?”; “Will any world ever find peace?”

5* LV40 confession: "I appear to have grown stronger under your influence. Thank you for providing me with so many great opportunities. I promise to help both myself and others with your great gifts toward me. You have my undying gratitude for your magnificent influence.

Now, to add characters, we'll need a story chapter, so let's go! WARNING: This is pretty long as I'm going to make this add to the plot at large.

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 13: The idolasphere

13-1: Arrival in the Earth?

Anna: You know how you mentioned your world containing self-powered carriages and buildings that extended up for hundreds of rooms. Well, I think I may have found a place like that.

Sharena: No! Anna, you can't do that! We need (name) here!

Anna: Aww, are you in love? (name) and Sharena, sitting in a tree...

Alphonse: Can you two cut it out, please? We do need (name)'s competence guiding us along, but I think (name) deserves the pleasure of visiting their homeland.

Sharena: 'Pleasure'? Ooh, maybe YOU'RE the one in love. Alphonse and (name), sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Alphonse: Sharena! Stop that now! You're embarassing all three of us!

Anna: Four.

(Whoever is in the lead of your current team): I think it's all (the total number of heroes in your barracks) of us.

Sharena: Sheesh, it was Anna that started it.

Anna: Anyway, the outrealm we were looking at. Um, how do I put this...? It's under attack and could get destroyed.

Alphonse: Emblians?

Anna: No, actually. It appears there is a third summoner, much like (name) and Bruno. He or she has used their power to destroy outrealms one by one using the fell dragons, such as Medius. The only hero ever to stop Medius is Marth himself, and even then, only if that version of him is lucky. All other kingdoms have fallen to the dragon's might. The other fell dragons are just as powerful as Medius. Oh, and the worst part? Every time the dragon falls, it just gets back up like nothing happened! Much like your ability to revive those fallen after a battle is finished.

Alphonse: A-are you sure we can take on something like that?! I know we need to defend our summoner's heritage, but that sounds insane.

Sharena: Well, there's only one way to find out, and that's by opening the gate. What could possibly go wrong?

Anna: I am not going to dignify that with a response.

(The party moves into the idolasphere...)

Ikutski: Ack! Mirages in our midst! I should not have come here alone.

Chrom: I will admit, that was a bad move on your part. Anyway, let us move in. Any EXP is good EXP.

Anna: Everyone, be on guard. We've been ambushed!

Sharena: Maybe if you learned from (name) and your tactics weren't so awful...

Anna: Maybe it you stopped distracting us...

Alphose: Everyone, weapons at the ready. (At least one of us is paying attention.)

Anna: What was that second part?

Alphonse: I'll tell you after the battle. GO!

The battle begins. Enemies: Ikutski, Chrom, Child!Tiki, Draug. Goal: defeat Ikutski.

Ikutski: I guess I wasn't strong enough. Is this where it ends?

Chrom: Don't give up hope yet. It appears they are giving us a cue to escape.

Tiki: I've made an escape route, go!

(The background changes to Askr)

Anna: Phew! I did not expect that. It looks like we are being mistaken for the real threat.

Sharena: How ungrateful! We came to help out and they attack us?! Well, we still need to clear out those 'mirage' things. After all, saving your world comes above all else, after all you have done for us.

Alphonse: That we can agree on. Let us continue until we can save these people.

13-2: High-flying idol

Anna: Alright, let's see if we can fight actual enemies this time.

Tsubasa: Aah! Mirages! Carnage form, Caeda!

Anna: Ugh, really? It's almost as if they're trying to pad this out so we end up in 5 battles.

Alphonse: Anyway, to the field!

The battle begins. Enemies: Tsubasa, Caeda, Virion, Navarre. Goal: rout

Tsubasa: Oww... Now I can see how they managed to defeat Ikutski.

Caeda: Let's abscond while they're distracted and regroup.

Virion: 'Tis a good job my master was not here to witness such a humiliating defeat.

Navarre: Way to rub salt in the wound. Now my sword's hunger for their blood is ever greater.

Anna: Phew, we managed to deal with them, somehow.

Alphonse: I fear we may have been placed on the heroes' bad side.

Sharena: Lighten up a bit! If we can take on the good guys, we should be able to trounce the villains!

Anna: It doesn't always happen that way. The Judgral wars are a cruel reminder of this fact.

13-3: Flaming cavilier

Sharena: Third time's the charm, right?

Aphonse: You should know it doesn't work like that, right?

Touma: Hopefully it WILL work for me, though. For now, you shall be defeated!

Cain: Exactly. No mirage shall cross the mirage masters' path and see the end of it! I will avenge Ikutski's dignity!

Tiki: Yeah! Go for it, Cain.

Spring!Chrom: If you're wondering how much of his dignity Ikutski lost that day, look at me...

Sharena: N-no, you have the wrong idea! We're not the villains. Ugh, why does reason never work?

Alphonse: I do not know the answer to that. I fear this cruel violence may be a part of human nature, a disease with no cure.

Cain: Pfft. 'Disease', 'cure'?! Uncontrolled mirages are uncontrolled mirages. To battle!

Fight starts. Enemies: Touma, Cain, Child!Tiki, Spring!Chrom. Goal: Rout

Touma: What?! Since when was I outmatched?!

Spring!Chrom: Since they concentrated more than you did. Focus next time.

Touma: Like 'focus' got you anywhere.

Spring!Chrom: …

Child!Tiki: Hang on. It looks like they retreat whenever they beat us. Maybe we can reason with them?

Cain: I'm sure Kiria could stand a better chance in that category.

Touma: But for now, I'm calling it quits.

Cain: Agreed.

13-4: Binding contract

Anna: Didn't they say they were going to reason with us? Come on, there may be hope for your world yet. Huh? What was that? That place isn't your world? It fit your description...

Alphonse: Let's not dwell on that. It's a world, and it needs saving.

Sharena: We can agree on that. Let's go!

(The party enters the idolasphere...)

Kiria: Hello. I was expecting you. I would like to know two things: who are you, and what do you want.

Alphonse: We are the order of heroes, a group trying to save worlds like yours from harm by opening portals between them. Our order started with the great hero Shigure, and is currently led by (name).

Child!Tiki: …

Tharja: ...

Kiria: Why have you two gone quie- Oh. Please forgive our grave indiscretions against you. I know I am overstepping my boundaries by saying this, but may I request your help in our battle against the mirages?

Sharena: Sure! That is what we came here for.

Bruno: I don't think so!

Kiria: Who dares?

Tharja: I can feel so much dark power eminating from him. Swoon~

Bruno: Allow me to take you under my wing. You are nearing your end anyway.

Kiria: Wha- agh! Contract... Kill invaders. Emblia will rule all. They are the only defense against Medius.

Bruno: Excellent. Now slaughter these worthless maggots!

Battle begins. Enemies: Bruno, Kiria, Tharja, cleric.

Kiria: I'm so sorry... To think such powerful... Monsters are against you. At least I lost this time.

Bruno: And so I fall again. I now ask, why must you have mercy?

Kiria: Well, such mercy has granted them our friendship where we would otherwise be fighting to the death.

Bruno: … Very well. I suppose I have no choice but to accept your methods for now. However, I cannot guarantee that what happened to Kiria will not happen to me again in future.

Anna: Again?

Bruno: Work it out yourself. For now, I am too dangerous to be by your side.

Kiria: Also, I would like to show you our world. Think of it as a token of gratitude, being able to see what you are saving.

Sharena: Oh, cool!

(The background changes to an image of Tokyo)

Kiria: And here is our world.

(name): (My friends! Everyone's missing.)

Kiria: Huh? You seem worried. Is it to do with the mirages by your side? In that case, you have nothing to fear. They are just invisible here, that's all. If you come over to the bloom palace, you should be able to see your friends again.

(The background changes to the bloom palace)

Alphonse: Phew. I was scared there.

Sharena: Yeah, we just passed straight through people!

Caeda: Don't worry, we got used to it.

Cain: If by 'getting used to it' you mean running your lance through everything and laughing like a madwoman, yes.

Caeda: They didn't need to know that!

Kiria: AHEM. You may rest here between your battles. Unfortunately, we cannot join you, as we are too busy fighting off the mirage invasion, but know that we are on your side.

Child!Tiki: I'm sure you'll do great out there in the outrealms!

Ikutski: Outrealms? Did you remember something, Tiki?

Child!Tiki: Uhh, I think so?

Cain: Well, a name isn't much to go on, so we shouldn't get our hopes up just yet.

('Bloom palace' castle interior redesign unlocked.)

13-5 Mirage mastery.

Chrom: Ah, perfect timing. We are facing a pretty tough group of mirages. I just hope we can prevent them from taking the idolasphere.

Child!Tiki: Maybe it will help against that 'Medius' you were talking about!

Ikutski: I can only hope so.

Battle start: Enemies: 2x red mage, bow cavalier, axe fighter. Goal: defend for 10 turns.

Allies (green units): Ikutski, Tsubasa, Touma, Kiria

Enemy reinforcements: Turn 2: Axe flier, lance flier, troubadour; Turn 3: Green mage, Cleric; Turn 4: Sword fighter, blue mage x2; Turn 5: Abel, thief x2; Turn 6: lance knight, sword knight; Turn 7: Lon'Qu, thief, blue cavalier, green caviler; Turn 8: lance flier x2; Turns 9-10: None.

The enemies will be significantly lower-levelled than the party from turns 1-4, then turns 5-8 turn up the wick. The ally units will be as strong as the late-game enemies, and have arena AI (ie aggressive af). Healing skills may be used between the two allied parties.

???: Let me help too!

Lance fighter: Agh!

???: Phew, they were getting tougher there.

Tsubasa: You can say that again. Hang on, where are you? Hello?

???: I must take my leave now. If you must know, the name's Zacharias.

Alphonse: Zacharias?! You're alive?

???: I don't know if that is true or not.

Sharena: So you weren't killed by Bruno after all!

Anna: Bruno probably just said that to make sure we didn't perform the rite of shadows.

Alphonse: True. Why did we fall for that again?

Sharena: Anyway, it's so good to have you back, Zacharias. Uhh, Zacharias?

Anna: He's gone.

Ikutski: I'm sorry that we can't help you. Combat is all I'm good for...

Tsubasa: You know that's not true! Anyway, we'll fight the mirages like we always have, and maybe beat this 'Medius' of yours while we're at it.

Touma: Thanks for all the help. We promise to keep up our end!

Anna: Well, I think that ended well, all things considered. Unfortunately, Veronica has closed the gate on us from the world of shadows, so that plan is still out.

Sharena: Maybe we should go to the world of Gaidens, haha!

Alphonse: Besides, Zacharias didn't seem like he wanted to talk. I think we should return to Askr for now, considering that the people of this world seem capable.

Sharena: All right. And now we know that Zacharias is alive and that this third summoner is on the loose, I think we made some good progress. Isn't that right, (name)?

So, there you go. If anyone reading this works at Int Sys, please DO feel free to steal my ideas.

As people were talking about how the TMS characters could be portrayed in heroes, I figured I'd reuse an old idea I had from a thread that is now in necroposting territory.

To me, this is the one crossover I could accept in Fire Emblem Heroes, since it still has ties to Fire Emblem. 

I've seen people mention (mostly on YT) the possibility of other characters from Ninty (like Link, Mario and Charizard ¬¬) coming into it and the idea is just appalling to me. I'm hoping the latter two were a joke, since I struggle to tell on YT, but even the first one wouldn't be right. I want it to focus on the game at hand. 

That being said, I wouldn't mind characters wearing Nintendo costumes as a sort of crossover. That's something I could see. 

For TT being a lead up to TMS, I don't think so. I think it's just continuing on from Awakening's Outrealms, more than anything. If they do ever bring in TMS, I expect it to be in the future when they've exhausted a lot of their best characters, and it would likely just have a paralogue.