Who of the DB members do you bring to the endgame?

Which DB units bring you usually to the endgame?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which DB unit(s) have you brought to the endgame yet?

• Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Nolan
    • Laura
    • Aran
    • Meg
    • Fiona
    • none
  2. 2. How often do you bring at least one non forced DB unit to the endgame?

• always
    • often
    • sometimes
    • rarely
    • never

... and how often?

With DB members I mean exclusively all characters who only appear in Radiant Dawn and fight till part 3 for Micaiah's party. This includes:

• Edward
  • Leonardo
  • Nolan
  • Laura
  • Aran
  • Meg
  • Fiona

As for me I rarely can bring them to the endgame unless in drafts.
The main issue is simply that they won't reach the level as an equivalent of Elincia's or Ike's party.

• Aran is outclassed by Nephenee capwise, also hard to use in HM and no personal weapon in part 3.
  • Leonardo is outclassed by Shinon and Rolf level and growthwise. However fun fact: With Lugnasadh he can theoretically double the auras without whitepool but it's hard to make him doing this with his poor strength and speed growth.
  • Laura isn't needed since you have Micaiah. 
  • Meg and Fiona are waste in HM. 
  • Nolan is better than Boyd imo due to Tarvos, earth affinity and better speed growth. I sometimes bring him to the endgame. Promote him as quickly as I can (when speed is capped).
  • Edward is a good myrmidon but he has strong competition in form of Zihark who joins with bases Edward still needs to reach, Mia who's the easiest to train for being in the strongest party and Stefan who joins with good enough bases and growths for the endgame. My decision is often against Edward unfortunately although he's a really good unit imo.

That means I rarely use a DB unit in the endgame which is sad since they're all exclusive characters in FE10.
They really need more chapters to get enough levels to be tied with the GM's.

Edited by Byakuren Hijiri

I've brought Nolan, Laura, and Meg before. I think I brought Aran once too? Never Edward or Fiona. I'm going to try and bring Leonardo on my current playthrough but I'm playing that one so slowly due to having other games on my backlog. I only really play FE10 when I'm super bored these days.

Aran and Nephenee fit entirely different niches, and Aran(Outside of arguably Hard) might actually see actual use in his chapters. For the reasons you'd actually use Aran, he beats Nephenee handily. His ability to cap his stats very early make him a good candidate for BEXP, too, while Nephenee take a bit longer to hit more of her caps, and will have to stick with her flaws longer.

Anyway. Nolan's really the only solid, all-around DBer that I bring towards the end, and even then, Boyd usually is my #1 axer. The rest are indeed outclassed by several other units in the game. Leonardo can never hope to catch up to Rolf or Shinnon, Edward gets outclassed in the DB chapters by Zihark, putting him in a corner VERY early, Meg can't keep up in the DB chapters, and Fiona starts too low, isn't around enough, and doesn't have a functional place in the DB. Laura gets a pass for being a utility unit, and thus having a bit less competition.

So yeah. Pretty much just Aran on difficulties less than hard, Nolan and sometimes Laura are likely to ever see the endgame for me.

Edited by Slumber

I've pretty much always taken Edward and taken Nolan most times. For some reason I like those two better than their competition despite their inferior characterization. They've always served me well enough. The others don't really interest me for whatever reason. 

I've brought both Edward and Nolan to the endgame, although I use Mia and Zihark more often as sword users, and Jill and Haar as axe wielders. I don't think I've brought Aran and Laura, even though I'm sure I've used both at least once until they reached Sentinal/Saint promotion. I'm not quite sure about Meg - I did use her once with the intention of bringing her to the endgame, but I can't remember if I actually did in the end. Fiona I've trained up and used in the tower exactly once and she did quite well - after she promoted to Paladin at the very end of part 1. Let's not talk about the chapters before that. :D

I also have an unfinished run where I was going to take Leonardo to the tower, but I had too little time to continue at some point and I haven't picked it up again. iirc, I'm somewhere in the first half of part 3 right now.

Edward and Leo, very often. Edward moreso since I love the other Marksmen. Nolan, once in a while. I'm not sure if I've ever brought all three at once, but I almost always bring two of them and support them together. Meg and Fiona, once or twice for shits and giggles. Laura and Aran, possibly once but I never use them anymore. They're just boring units.

Only Aran as far as I can remember. He's in my favorite class so there's definitely bias since I wouldn't completely recommend him otherwise. I think Laura joined once but Edward, Meg, Fiona and Leo definitely never got to the inside of the Tower.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used in End game... Nolan, Laura... and one time I decided to bring Fiona for reasons I don't remember (somehow she ended up blessed).

• 2 weeks later...

Nolan is the most likely of the DB to end up lasting to endgame, since in 99% of runs, the unlisted Jill receives the bulk of the DB's resources. I've trained and brought Fiona a few times on easier difficulties for fun, but aside from that, Micaiah leaves her friends at home when it's time to tower.

most i've ever done is lura and meg, I feel like once I took edward but I don't remember, I've always got to find someone to use the ss rank weapons, so I end up with like 3 sword users who are not Ike, Mist and Meg are labours of love though, Meg becomes pretty solid after you get a few level ups and an energy drop and a draco shield under her belt.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever brought any of them to endgame, but I like taking Nolan and Laura along for a long time (Nolan because he's good enough as a unit, Laura because she can be a staffbot).

On 7-7-2017 at 6:08 PM, Aya Shameimaru said:
  • Laura isn't needed since you have Micaiah. 

But Laura has speed.

The thing about Laura is that she can never really benefit from her 70% speed growth.
You must take into account that she starts level 1 with a base speed where she'll get doubled by 95% of the enemies. Since it takes forever till she will gain a level, you will never reach a certain point where Laura can double an opponent unless you do boss abusing a / o give her tons of bexp. levels.
Another issue is that priests have terrible caps like 15 speed cap. Female Saint also has a lower speed cap (31) than Light Priestess (33). 

I've brought Nolan almost every time.  He has never let me down.

For the rest...

• Edward: I'm just not that big on myrmidons.  In some playthroughs, I might use one, but Endgame slots have a lot of competition in RD.  If I do use a myrm for the DB, it's usually Zihark.
  • Leonardo: He has disappointed me in every single playthrough.  I'm not sure if I'm just getting RNG screwed or he has bad growths, I forget what they are.
  • Laura: It's so hard to level her, and we have better options.
  • Aran: I hardly ever use him at all, let alone bring to endgame.  He might get a deployment slot, just because I have no one else to put there.
  • Meg: See Aran
  • Fiona: See Meg

I always use Aran. I would use Nephenee but I don't like the Sentinel Design on her. I would much rather keep the Halberdier design but then she would't do anything at endgame.

I never use any other DB members.