TT Resonating Fangs - Your MVP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 Tempest Trials teams. Firstly, I have a utilities team for getting through lots of maps without taking too many pains.

Screenshot_20170708-165025.png.53151116f21dcb40487b5bdf8297c7eb.png

This team consists of Takumi (the only good colourless unit that can take a hit) who will never get screwed by the weapons triangle unless he encounters a raven tome. He also deals good damage and can solo most maps.

Ninian is a dancer who can also deal with any pesky Henries and Robins. This means the only unit that can screw me over is Cecilia.

Lachesis is a good healer that can get Takumi out of trouble, and also deal decent chip damage even without Wrathful Staff.

Boey is a bonus unit. He is also complete dead weight (apart from the one time he saved my ass by dealing enough damage to a Chrom for Ninian to finish him off without getting Falcion'd) who I only use for said bonus.

My other team is just a brute force 5* LV40 team I use in the final map.

Screenshot_20170708-165039.png.0613e693d999ad93367fd01e20e1d7ac.png

This team is exactly what it looks like. 4 strong units for destroying Celica to avenge poor Faye.

Finally, I have a contingency team, just in case a Julia shows up on the final map.

Screenshot_20170708-165049.png.360ff5c99fec1824c2269ce9ef654288.png

This team is pathetic, but it can finish off the final map in case of emergency.

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Screenshot_20170708-165049.png.360ff5c99fec1824c2269ce9ef654288.png

This team is pathetic, but it can finish off the final map in case of emergency.

Hey, you have a 5 star regular Freddy! I thought I was the only one that used him! He's not pathetic. :( Though that ISN'T the most balanced team right there.

Edited by Anacybele

Reinhardt's probably my MVP right now.  If anything, he's a bit too good, since he takes SP that Boey and Alm need.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, you have a 5 star regular Freddy! I thought I was the only one that used him! He's not pathetic. :( Though that ISN'T the most balanced team right there.

That team is pathetic because at this point I run out of LV40's. Hence why I only use it in case of emergency.

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

That team is pathetic because at this point I run out of LV40's. Hence why I only use it in case of emergency.

Right, right. But I'd treasure that Freddy! A 5 star regular one is not common at all. He was summonable as a 5 star for a very short time (it was for Zephiel's GHB), but other than that, the only way anyone would have one is if they upgraded a 4 star Freddy, and I feel like more people upgraded other units instead.

The overall MVP has to be boring, reliable, practical Reinhardt x'D

I run two teams. First one is Lilina, Sharena, Nino and Olivia. They're pretty awesome, -raven Lilina's super fun, and synergises well with Nino. I try and do as many maps as can with them. 

Anything happens and Xander, Reinhardt, Camus and Priscilla are cleaning up. They're undefeated in this TT x)

The Alm I pulled recently has really been putting the work in for me. I wouldn't say he's my MVP or anything (that will probably always be Robin due to the frequency of red and grey units showing up in these maps), but I don't understand why people say he's the worst Falchion =w= If anything, his middling combination of tankiness and speed has made him quite versatile.

Current build is RecipAid + Drag Back + Threaten Spd on top of his other defaults, and I'm holding out for some Faes to give him Renewal so I can run his team without BrideLyn and remove the training wheels TwT

Edited by BANRYU

Honestly? Olivia.

Faye can double tap squishy things, Nino blows most things up, M!Marth fights and heals, but at one point or another every single one of them needs a second turn to get out of danger, kill the next enemy unit or finish off the current one. Out of all my compositions Olivia remains the unit that I can't replace with any other. At least until Azura shows up.

Reinhardt is my MPV in both banners. There are other people who can do it too but he just happens to clear it the fastest thanks to the horse. And I'm quite lazy, so spamming him is the best option.

My MVP:

xApGaTBl.png

I actually don't like Mae that much, but she's the best bonus unit I got, so I thought: 'what can I use ya for' — quite a lot, as it turns out. Good against swords, good against red mages thanks to not-atrocious-RES and QR2, and she is +ATK which makes her reasonably strong even at 4*.

It's not like she could solo the TT. She relies on Soren, Olivia and a red — usually Lucina — but she's proven invaluable, especially as a counter to Celica on the last map.

Edited by Wanda

Healer/Fury Marth and Azura. Solid utility and offense.

I play for free so it's hard for me to build a lot of good units, Mae has been really handy (though I'm mad she's not Linde), same with Julia and at 5* Anna's been doing a great job.

Cherche has been decent but not great since I can't seem to get my hand on a brave axe. Same with my neutral IV Lilina, I need to promote Henry and feed him to her.

Reinhardt. Xander. Done.

I use a bootleg Horse Emblem team consisting of Reinhardt, Xander (Rein's boost bot buddy), Clarine for heals and Mae for boost.

My rate for getting through the hardest map is about 60/40 with these teams.

Overall, I'd have to say Reinhardt. But he runs on a team consisting of Alm and Fae (and a healer), and they have really good synergy. Reinhardt destroys most reds and blues, Fae helps him destroy high res blues (like Linde), and Alm takes out low defense units and anything green.

I should note, however, that I do have more efficient teams (Eirika+Nino for one). Reinhardt and Fae are around because they're reliable, Alm is a bonus unit who needs more HM, and the healers rotate to get HM as well. If Alm maxes out on HM before the tempest is over, I'll likely switch to Boey or Faye as the bonus unit.

UPDATE: After several trials, the team of Spring Lucina, Alm, Hector, and Azama is pretty ridiculous, even if everyone not named Alm is -Atk.  They're not strong enough to take out the last map, but they can reliably clean up mostly everything else.  One of my pastimes is having Hector tank reds.

For the last map, it's Ursula/Titania/Leo/Priscilla. . .and yes, it involves lots of Hone Cavalry.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

UPDATE: After several trials, the team of Spring Lucina, Alm, Hector, and Azama is pretty ridiculous, even if everyone not named Alm is -Atk.  They're not strong enough to take out the last map, but they can reliably clean up mostly everything else.  One of my pastimes is having Hector tank reds.

For the last map, it's Ursula/Titania/Leo/Priscilla. . .and yes, it involves lots of Hone Cavalry.

I used Horse Emblem too... Goad/Hone is just gravy. Running a team of Camus/Xander/Cecilia/Ursula.

My MvP for like every map is Ursula and Cecilia; being the latter running on Darting Blow. There's something really wrong if a green unit is even destroying Red units; and she's yet to get her Blade tome.

Edited by Frosty

I send in a team with Boey first and after that it's Horse Emblem until the end. So MVP I guess Elise (refreshing Camus' QR, healing Eliwood so he can pull more than one axe user and the same for TA-Raven Cecilia)

Mae is definitely my MVP. Besides being a +40% bonus unit, she now has a guaranteed one-round kill against Celica without needing R Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte.

Spoiler

52C3soX.jpg

+9 Mae [+Spd, -HP] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Speed +1)

44 Spd with +4 Spd from Tharja's Hone Spd 3 and +4 Spd from two stacks of Blarowl gives her 52 Spd, which is enough to double attack Celica even if she has Rally Spd or Hone Spd 3 on her (43 Spd at full health without buffs, 47 Spd with +4 Spd).

Also, she's adorable.

I'll have to give props to my Reinhardt, he's been putting in a lot of work.  Reinhardt is good and all, but I normally don't use him so he's a treat to have on my team.  And my Sonya is definitely doing really well too.

Aside from the usual Reinhardt and Xander combo (Reinhardt countering Cecilia on the tile most of the time), I've discovered new MVPs in this TT.

Despite being 4 star and -Atk/+Spd, Boey can take hits when I need a shield in maps like Ram Valley. When Ignis is charged, that's he'll do great damage even with his unfortunate boon. Using Gronnowl is actually kind of fun too, especially when paired with Lucina's Spur Atk and Olivia/Klein's Hone Attack. He also has Breath of Life to grant health in return for boosted damage, and Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice to bestow more health. Together with Dr. Lucina, they are important in getting Klein back to Swordbreaker health range if he gets damaged. Boey also has Darting Blow 2 from Florina as a filler skill just to try and double and add more damage when he can- Olivia dancing him again is needed to get Ignis charged asap.

For a backup team, my new +Atk Delthea is a great backup unit to kill a damaged Celica. 

My main account only has Sharena as a bonus unit, so I've been using my bladetome Tharja strategy from the first TT. I've used Nino in the first week, but she is only 4 star and sometimes she lacks the firepower even with +Atk. Early this week I've finally invested in my -Atk/+Res Linde, and boy, even with -Atk she sure can kill things with Desperation range. Similar to the Lucina/Boey Ardent Sacrifice combo, Tharja and Linde uses Ardent Sacrifice to heal and get into Desperation range (moreso Tharja to get more Vengeance damage). Life and Death 2 Linde has been really solid, and her Fortify Res gives more damage to Tharja's blade tome compared to the Fortify Res 1 seal from Olivia. Even when Tharja falls, Olivia, Sharena and Linde sometimes pull through the final map somehow.

I gave Linde Moonbow so far as a special. She's been getting the lost SP back really fast though, so I may give her Blarblade. But for TT, Aura + Breath of Life seal has been pretty solid.

For Team B, Cecilia has been granted new MVP status event at 4 star, +Atk/-Def because of Gronnblade. The new addition of Elise and her Foritfy Cavalry/Kindle Fire Balm + Xander's Hone Attack and Reinhardt's Goad Cavalry is disgustingly powerful. And I don't even have a special for her yet and only have Atk+2! Cecilia will definitely be a future upgrade for her after I do Askr siblings.

Edited by mcsilas

Not sure if I posted already, but my main team is...

Bride Cordelia: ORKOs pretty much everything except some annoyingly bulky things.

Mae: Celica slayer and occasional chip damage. Also doubles as a Spur Atk bot for Cordelia.

Olivia and Azura: Helps Cordelia massacre foes by buffing, dancing/singing or via chip damage.

Very rarely do I need to fall on my back up teams. (I say that, but when I'm sleepy or tired I do mess up frequently with positioning...)

As we are closing in to the final stretch, my main team of Tharja, Donnel, Julia and Olivia are still my heavy hitters. That said, my real MVP was Hero Merit! I just took people who were close and found teams that worked. One of those teams, that I never would have suspected was MMarth, Azura, Klein and Boey/Nino. Nino is great for the sheer power, Boey is great as a second healer to go beside MMarth. It was a shame that I summoned Cordelia, Roderick and Reinhardt in the middle of this thing, because I think they could have added something to my teams! 

I think the real surprise for me though was just how weak my Red & Green infantry units as a whole are. MMarth works in a pinch, Chrom needs lots of healing help and my best axe is maybe Barst? My mages for green and red both do lots of work - Tharja, Julia, Nino, Cecilia, Robin F - they all work fine. I just have to find ways to move forward without front line reds and greens, and lots of front line blues.

B! Caeda, this time. I haven't even built her yet, but with Healercina and Azura on that team, and the abundance of reds this TT, she doubles everyone. Granted, I'm mostly doing hard 5 because it's easier, and stopped at 40k, but B!Caeda can hold her own for awhile even in lunatic 7 with heavy healing. I also have Takumi there because he's my only decent archer (and he's best boy but). Additionally, my secondary team of M!Marth, Cordelia, Mae (though she particularly does nothing for it) and Hector holds up better than I thought it would, but again hard 5 is muchhh easier than lunatic, so.