TT Resonating Fangs - Your MVP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MVP so far is still my A-Team of Donnell, Olivia, Tharja and Julia. Unless I get a weird map, which they almost got destroyed by Liliana, Lachesis, Takumi and Lucius, they are solid through and through.

My unexpected hero though is Clair. With my TT been a run through mages and clerics, her high res has been awfully great. She even made it three rounds on the last map with hits from Celica, Tiki, and Stahl until Linde took her out.

Bridelia is my MVP, she is both my main deleter and healer. Doctor Death for short.

In my second (and last team) it's Olwen, I gave her Tome breaker For Legion GHB and it paid of, before Celica had edge over her even despite WT now is everything as it's supposed be.

Honorable mentioning Sharena she is trying fill Azura shoes which might be impossible, but she is doing her best!

Oh, you know, I neglected to post this in the last thread. You get 'em girl!

This Trial's MVP is definitely my new Reinhardt. I'm getting consistent A speed scores which are really making up for the lack of 1.4x bonus unit. Not to mention the maps for this Trial are MUCH more cav friendly than last time. Almost no forests.

Edited by Gustavos

We're less than a day in, so I might be premature in saying this, but so far my MVP is Mae. I made her a pseudo healer with breath of life and she was my MVP last Trial. This time around she's able to fill the same role but better thanks to the breath of life seal, is a bonus unit, and hard counters the Celica in the final map (takes 0 damage and can kill if Glacies is up).

I really like my Mae.

I've been getting SP for blarblade Olwen and girl oneshots celica on full cav buff while not dying to her (even with LD build) bc defense tiles are great

Rein is always there to remove someone annoying in a pinch, though

Most of my star players are the same as before. Reinhard is as broken as ever, Azura is a nice refresher and Roy comes in handy when I want to be invincible against green unit.

My biggest surprise was Boey though. He might be a bonus unit, but I was a bit warry about taking him since he's not really strong and the -speed nature makes his speed even worse then normal. Things turned out less bad then I thought with him though. He tanks all the blue units the trial throws at you, being doubles by those blue units makes it easy to charge Ignis up and if not his chip damage is at least good enough for the next unit to go for the kill. He's not my greatest unit, but he's not the liability I thought he would be.

My horse team remains as broken as ever Camus(Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cav, Reposition, Growing Thunder), Cecilia(Gronnblade+ Fury 3, G Tome Breaker 3 Fort Cav,  Draw Back, Draconic Aura), and Elise (Rehabilitate Atk+3, Wraithfull Staff 3, Miracle, Hone Cav) all do their part. My Sharena is good too but just kind of stands there she just can't keep up with the rest of my horses. If I have to say my absolute number one it is Cecilia who it is so broken is not funny and gets the most kills overall, but the thing is Camus has also has been extremely valuable I would've not passed any of this without him either so I'll just say Camus and Cecilia are my broken team combination and since both these guys run fury Elise remains extremely valuable and she can get some kills as well because of Wraithfull staff. 

I get consistent perfect scores... now if only I could get a 40 bonus unit... but I guess 604 points isn't the worst in the world. 

Edited by Locke087

My two dancers, Olivia and Azura, are my MVP. They speed up the first six maps, and until I can figure out how to beat the seventh map perfectly, their role as sacrificial meat shields is indispensable on that map.

Alm is there to fight greens and heal, and B!Cordelia kills 90% of enemies.

....M!Robin.

No debate, if I can't beat it with the Askran trio, he can near solo the damm thing with Rallyqueen. I also bring 2 of Clarine, F!Robin and Springcina because he can't demolish everything.

No Rein/Armours is a blessing in disguise.

Horse Emblem as always is the MVP (Xander, Olwen and Cecilia) with Sharena just chilling there as she is the only bonus unit I have.
On my Infantry team, Spring Lucina puts in a lot of work and Summer Frederick's debuffing is really useful.
I also tried using my budget flier emblem for a bit (Tsubaki, Palla, Narcian and Cordelia) to grind SP and HM, and I'm surprised that they can get to the 4/5th map despite no where near being fully built

Also, Fury Olwen with a rally resistance buff standing on a defensive tile takes 0 damage from Celica, too OP pls nerf

I have yet to see a blue unit in the final map, so Spring Camilla isn't quite as ridiculous.  Currently training up Alm, so we'll see if he can fill Lucina's shoes.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have yet to see a blue unit in the final map, so Spring Camilla isn't quite as ridiculous.  Currently training up Alm, so we'll see if he can fill Lucina's shoes.

Exact same situation.  I guess it's not totally random, I haven't seen any blues on the final map either.  She can still do some damage to the nocolor that always seems to appear on the left but that's about it.

I don't know if I can say I have an MVP.  

Bride!Cordelia gets the most kills, but that's only because she is responsible for healing and can kill anyone with a dancer.  Without a dancer, she fails to kill most of the high-stat units other than fliers.  Really, I don't think she deserves to be considered S+ tier, she doesn't have enough atk/spd to finish off most non-mages and fliers.

I want to say Lloyd is my MVP because there are several moments where I think I screwed up and he somehow manages to vantage kill a green mage, then activate his special to vantage kill a bowman, and then vantage kill a weakened infantry unit.  I know this sounds like a one-time scenario, but it happens often enough that he's developed a reputation for it with me.  However, he is at the mercy of Bride!Cordelia's heals...

Spring!Camilla is still really useful up to the last map, especially since I always seem to run into 2+ Lukas who seem to spawn in areas where I can block and tank him for the whole map.  Other than that, she isn't shining as much as she normally does.

And Ninian is a dancer.  If I had another amazing unit, she would be replaced but I'd rather give my three amazing units another shot than bring in someone who is worse to me.  Also, my Bride!Cordelia without +atk or +spd couldn't do much without a dancer.

Overall, I guess I could say Lloyd because he ends up outperforming my expectations.  I know Bride!Cordelia will kill anyone with a dance and probably not kill them without one but Lloyd ends up randomly vantage killing people I don't expect him to.

Edited by Lushen

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The final map certainly likes the color red for me. At least Camilla's good for taking out the (usually) 2 colorless units that spawn.

My MVP so far has been Cordelia. Not too surprised since her with Quickened Pulse backed Galeforce was a storm of death in the last Tempest too. Since, as said above, I get a lot of red units on the last stage besides Celica, so Cordelia does most of the work there.

Honorable mention, much to my surprise, for Alm.

I always used a healer last Tempest, and I was really wary about my Falcion+Renewal+Rec Aid Alm filling that void, but he's really pulling through with the heals. Not to mention he can smack something in the face on occasion too or block stuff with his high bulk. I'm happy to see he's far from weighing my team down like I thought he might.

Oh, I posted my team in the other main Tempest thread, but here it is again:

16 minutes ago, Raven said:

I've pretty much established my Tempest team by now (units in the spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

Jfw8fME.pngPhAWE5f.pngfOZ4rqL.pngMrfJ5nU.png

Bridelia kills everything below a certain speed/defense threshold. She also serves as a backup healer, since Breath of Life 4 (C skill and seal) heals a total of 10 health to all allies around her upon attacking, so can be super effective with a little careful positioning before she attacks.

Tikini is primarily the team healer when she's not busy nuking blue units that Bridelia otherwise can't kill for whatever reason (e.g. bad position for enemy phase, can't ORKO the enemy, etc.). Due to the lack of red units in my team, it's up to her and Bridelia to kill all the greens.

Azura, the token dancer and primary red killer when Bridelia isn't doing it. Giving Bridelia the chance to move a second time to kill a second potential threat is a necessity, considering the enemy positioning in these Tempest maps. Because I have to use Mae for the bonus, I have to bench Xander over Azura because Dance is too damn clutch and saves a lot of turns for a better speed rank.

Mae is only 4-star, but I've given her TA2 from a spare 4-star Selena, as well as RTB2 and Blarblade tome from a spare 3-star Odin. Her duty is primarily dealing with red magic reliably, and to use Draw Back when necessary. Even Lunatic Celica attacks Mae (with Mae standing on a defense tile), does zero damage, and gets exploded to zero HP.

43 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Bride!Cordelia gets the most kills, but that's only because she is responsible for healing and can kill anyone with a dancer.  Without a dancer, she fails to kill most of the high-stat units other than fliers.  Really, I don't think she deserves to be considered S+ tier, she doesn't have enough atk/spd to finish off most non-mages and fliers.

Tiers just count arena performance really.(though really, don't take tiers to heart for this game anyway) She's a total monster against standard units, but Tempest's bloated stats can make anyone seem worse than they really are. The fact she doesn't get weapon triangle advantage over anything to help push through those extra stats is also part of it.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Tiers just count arena performance really.(though really, don't take tiers to heart for this game anyway) She's a total monster against standard units, but Tempest's bloated stats can make anyone seem worse than they really are. The fact she doesn't get weapon triangle advantage over anything to help push through those extra stats is also part of it.

Even in arena, she doesn't manage to ORKO as many units as people say she does.  She is very good against most scenarios but glass cannons get worse and worse as IS keeps bloating up their unit's stats for events.  

I don't think experienced players should look at Tier lists, but I think they should be fairly represented because they can be very useful to new players who need to know which units they should prioritize building.  The wiki tier list is just garbage.  The only tier list I saw that was fairly accurate was Sage's YouTube tier list but even he put Bride!Cordelia in S+.  She's great, but she is not OP in any way.  She just does what she's supposed to very well.

Edited by Lushen