New demo with new characters

FuranSuwa

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Everybody's paying attention to Lissa, and meanwhile I'm over here by myself waiting for Freddy gameplay and stuff... :P Such is the life of one who loves him, I guess!

I just hope he doesn't outright suck. I was kind of disappointed how Ghirahim played in HW. I like playing as him, but he didn't seem that good. He felt like he had weak attack power and wouldn't take a lot of hits, and yet wasn't real fast either. Same with Fi.

For Freddy to be good, he needs his usual superb strength and defense to totally make up for a lack of speed and res. If he can just easily be throttled by a magic attack, that just won't cut it. He's meant to have low res and not be fast, but it shouldn't be so bad that his strengths can't balance that out.

I find Corrin to be infinitely more interesting than Frederick, because I'm an oddball like that.  Likewise, the novelty of a healer (Lissa) outweighs Frederick for others.  That's why you're by yourself, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Everybody's paying attention to Lissa, and meanwhile I'm over here by myself waiting for Freddy gameplay and stuff... :P Such is the life of one who loves him, I guess!

I just hope he doesn't outright suck. I was kind of disappointed how Ghirahim played in HW. I like playing as him, but he didn't seem that good. He felt like he had weak attack power and wouldn't take a lot of hits, and yet wasn't real fast either. Same with Fi.

For Freddy to be good, he needs his usual superb strength and defense to totally make up for a lack of speed and res. If he can just easily be throttled by a magic attack, that just won't cut it. He's meant to have low res and not be fast, but it shouldn't be so bad that his strengths can't balance that out.

Funny you should say that, since Ghirahim is very good and easily a high tier character of that game. But he does require a bit of training. (For instance, learning to never go into his C4-3 for starters; the one where he summons bokoblins.)

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I find Corrin to be infinitely more interesting than Frederick, because I'm an oddball like that.  Likewise, the novelty of a healer (Lissa) outweighs Frederick for others.  That's why you're by yourself, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Lissa's not a healer for this game though, she wields axes. As for Corrin, she's neat, but Frederick has a horse, and we've seen what horses do in this game! I don't get why people can be so excited for Xander because of his horse, but not Frederick. Also, I have favorite 3DS character bias anyway. xP

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Funny you should say that, since Ghirahim is very good and easily a high tier character of that game. But he does require a bit of training. (For instance, learning to never go into his C4-3 for starters; the one where he summons bokoblins.)

I can't agree. Ghirahim wasn't that good to me at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Lissa's not a healer for this game though, she wields axes. As for Corrin, she's neat, but Frederick has a horse, and we've seen what horses do in this game! I don't get why people can be so excited for Xander because of his horse, but not Frederick.

I can't agree. Ghirahim wasn't that good to me at all.

She is a healer because she has access to healing staves like the OC twins.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you there because Ghirahim is very high on the list, even among other dark element users.

Just now, Folt said:

She is a healer because she has access to healing staves like the OC twins.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you there because Ghirahim is very high on the list, even among other dark element users.

Where does it say the twins can heal? And Lissa is only shown with an axe and no staves. I'll believe she can heal when I see it.

Then I guess we disagree there.

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

But its such a fun attack! As long as Ghirahim makes flashy poses I don't mind if the attack itself is crap. 

And I really liked playing as him too. Partly out of favoritism, partly because he is amusing with his laughs and poses but I also just found him fun to use. His dialogue on the other hand was slightly lacking compared to Skyward sword. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Where does it say the twins can heal? And Lissa is only shown with an axe and no staves. I'll believe she can heal when I see it.

Per OP, Lissa can also heal.  Shall I pull the relevant sentence?

Just now, eclipse said:

Per OP, Lissa can also heal.  Shall I pull the relevant sentence?

I said I'd have to see the gameplay for myself to believe it, so no, you don't have to do that.

For the record, any video when Rowan is on the screen has a staff icon with a number next to it (and Lianna does too, I think) + a Staff icon lights up next to other allies if they've taken HP damage when you're playing as either of them. (It doesn't do it when you're playing as other characters.)

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lianna has a staff in the E3 gameplay, and there's an aura around injured allies where you can likely heal them.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah (no pun intended), Im with you, Freddy is infinitely more interesting for me. He was one of my favorites in Awakening along with Lucina, Chrom, and a few others. While I liked Lissa in the game (I liked her snarky attitude, it was a nice change of pace for most princesses in FE), she isnt one of the ones I was really excited to get the chance to play as.

Freddy on the otherhand, I cant wait to carve up stuff with him. Wonder if his horse is as much a gymnast as Xanders.

Edited by Tolvir

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But its such a fun attack! As long as Ghirahim makes flashy poses I don't mind if the attack itself is crap. 

And I really liked playing as him too. Partly out of favoritism, partly because he is amusing with his laughs and poses but I also just found him fun to use. His dialogue on the other hand was slightly lacking compared to Skyward sword.

Ghirahim was fun indeed, and I liked how he underwent a makeover whenever he entered Focus Spirit, even though it didn't actually give him any special powers vs. anyone not Young Link.

Zant was overloaded with references to his boss battle, but not quite as good. Partly owing to me playing since the Wii U version's launch- which had him as being arguably the worst character. They also overplayed his psychotic side and forgot about his regal disposition, which was what you saw of him for most of the game. His third weapon was also way too big for his animations, even thought it was an understandable TP reference. Hopefully no FE char has the problems Zant had in portrayal or gameplay.

As the staffs and healing- being able to heal on command is much better than HW's only under half HP thing. Wonder how they'll restrict healing though so you don't just spam it endlessly on your allies. And I hope we also get stuff like Sleep and Freeze- though Warp would be too hard to integrate methinks (keeping it from being broken would be easy- restrict Warping destinations to keeps/outposts under allied control).

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Nah (no pun intended), Im with you, Freddy is infinitely more interesting for me. He was one of my favorites in Awakening along with Lucina, Chrom, and a few others. While I liked Lissa in the game (I liked her snarky attitude, it was a nice change of pace for most princesses in FE), she isnt one of the ones I was really excited to get the chance to play as.

Heh, awesome! ^^ Good to know Freddy has SOME love elsewhere! You probably already know that I don't care about Chrom or Lucina at all though, sowwy. xP Lissa is eh to me character-wise. I guess her personality is a nice change of pace for little sister characters, but I think the fact that she's the umpteenth little sister healer (plus looking a lot like Agitha from Zelda who I don't care much for) made her somewhat boring to me. Chrom being the umpteenth blue haired sword prince also contributed to him being boring for me.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Did you see anyone play as Corrin?

Overall, this is VERY interesting.  Lucina's bow may be a reference to her Archer reclass (PxZ did something similar).  Can't wait to hear more news~!

I played as Corrin too, but not much since we already saw her in the E3 Demo  and I wanted to try the new characters moveset.

She has very different moves, and jumps al lot. It makes it hard to fight one ennemy (Marth in my case) in particular because the jumps sometimes get you far from him.

OH ! I almost forgot !

When a character dies, they say something (like in every fire emblem) and their pose is different. The player before me lost Corrin, if i remember well she was facing upfront, looked kind of tired with her hand on her chest. After that all of Corrin's ui (life, energy...) disappeard.

Edited by FuranSuwa

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

When a character dies, they say something (like in every fire emblem) and their pose is different. The player before me lost Corrin, if i remember well she was facing face, looked kind of tired with her hand on her chest. After that all of Corrin's ui (life, energy...) disappeard.

Interesting. Does it interrupt the gameplay with a cutscene like the boss intros, or is it just them talking mid-battle like they do with their more generic quotes?

Edited by Anomalocaris

^You said you fought Marth, how did he fight as an enemy? Did you see anyone play as him, or was he not playable? @FuranSuwa

This is my personal bias for big brother Xander, but so far, he's looking to be a bit more fun than ol' five nights at Freddy.

Lissa with the Bolt Axe would be fantastic, and anything with Lucina + archery is fantastic marrying Chrom and reclassing Robin as a Bride paid off, mummy is so proud!

Edited by Lautsuu

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Interesting. Does it interrupt the gameplay with a cutscene like the boss intros, or is it just them talking mid-battle like they do with their more generic quotes?

The game just pause and you have the dialogue, it's like when a character levels up. It's a little annoying when it pauses in the middle of an awesome combo, but I heard we can cancel this option (for the level up)

3 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

The game just pause and you have the dialogue, it's like when a character levels up. It's a little annoying when it pauses in the middle of an awesome combo, but I heard we can cancel this option (for the level up)

Ah, thanks.

I guess pausing the gameplay lets us know we fucked up better than having them just disappear with a quick one-liner like in Hyrule Warriors.

Incidentally, when facing the Frederick boss, did you get any idea of what his elemental affiliation might be? Here's hoping it's fire.

Edited by Anomalocaris

27 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

^You said you fought Marth, how did he fight as an enemy? Did you see anyone play as him, or was he not playable? @FuranSuwa

This is my personal bias for big brother Xander, but so far, he's looking to be a bit more fun than ol' five nights at Freddy.

Lissa with the Bolt Axe would be fantastic, and anything with Lucina + archery is fantastic marrying Chrom and reclassing Robin as a Bride paid off, mummy is so proud!

Marth,Frederick and Chrom were bosses and not playables.

I'm used to the Warriors game so I beat them pretty quick, but if I remember well Marth was pretty quick, fought with rapier-like techniques so very fast, and the hit zone was much farther than the tip of his sword. He was the hardest of the three I think, because sometimes he attacked between combos (I fought him with Robin)

Edited by FuranSuwa

24 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

But you can't really judge when we haven't actually seen someone play Frederick yet. xP For all we know, his horse is even more awesome than Xander's... I'm withholding my judgement of him in this sense until we do see gameplay for him. I'm excited for him, but only because he's my favorite 3DS character.

24 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Incidentally, when facing the Frederick boss, did you get any idea of what his elemental affiliation might be? Here's hoping it's fire.

OMG, yes please, fire would be awesome as his element. XD

Interesting that Robin uses all the different types of Tomes. I probably should've expected it since Smash and all that, but still. Regardless, it sounds cool, so I'm looking forward to trying that out when I eventually get the game. I do hope we get a downloadable demo or something though, it'd just be nice to tide people like me over until the full thing releases, and it may win over people who are on the fence at the moment.

54 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Freddy on the otherhand, I cant wait to carve up stuff with him. Wonder if his horse is as much a gymnast as Xanders.

Oh yeah, I hope for this too! Because as much as I hate Xander as a character, his horse is indeed badass in this game.