Why is the site called Serenes Forest?

Ronnie

Tranquil and suitable to knowledge, wisdom, and peaceful conversation. Yet, from time to time it is subject to awful conflagrations (thankfully none too often though).

My apologies my lord, but I call upon thee, our dear metaphorical Heron King- @VincentASM.

14 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Aren't there technically 4 since their dad is alive, just in a coma?

Yeah, though strangely we never see him, just hear about him.

8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Who are the three?

Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne, and their irrelevant dad.

And Leanne and Naesala's daughter after the game if you get them an A support in FE10.

Edit: Also FE10 spoilers

Spoiler

Does Lehran/Sephiran count still?

Edited by Glaceon Sage

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, though strangely we never see him, just hear about him.

We actually have a sketch of his head from the RD art book.

And this is just me pondering things (RD spoilers):

Spoiler

Somehow he survives being in his coma during Part 4, despite there likely being nobody around to care for him. I'm assuming all Herons are by their Order-centric nature are inherently immune to Ashera's petrification judgement (all the Dragons including Almedha were- or is this just evidence of their overwhelming power?).

Then again, the only other Herons around are Lehran- who is certainly immune to Ashera's wrath. And the other three were in the building where Lehran's Medallion was stored when the judgement unfolded, and it's stated it was because of this that the Convoy Quartet survived the judgement (probably due to the building being surrounded by a strong Chaotic aura).

It's a kind of silly reason, I think.

Way back, when the website was starting to grow, I realised I would need to spend a LOT more time writing content. To make the work easier on my eyes, I thought I'd change to a more relaxing colour and green seemed like the most obvious choice. Before that, the site was kinda bright blue...

The other thing weighing on my mind was the website's name, which had absolutely nothing to do with Fire Emblem, since I wasn't initially planning on it to be a Fire Emblem-centric site. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone by slapping a new name alongside the layout change.

You can pretty much guess the rest from here. As mentioned, the Tellius saga was the talk of the town and I always had soft spot for the Serenes herons.

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's a kind of silly reason, I think.

Way back, when the website was starting to grow, I realised I would need to spend a LOT more time writing content. To make the work easier on my eyes, I thought I'd change to a more relaxing colour and green seemed like the most obvious choice. Before that, the site was kinda bright blue...

The other thing weighing on my mind was the website's name, which had absolutely nothing to do with Fire Emblem, since I wasn't initially planning on it to be a Fire Emblem-centric site. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone by slapping a new name alongside the layout change.

You can pretty much guess the rest from here. As mentioned, the Tellius saga was the talk of the town and I always had soft spot for the Serenes herons.

You know, now I wonder what the site might've been called in an alternate timeline where one of the other continents was the talk of the town.

...I should know the name of a Magvelian forest.

2 hours ago, はたの 秦 こころ said:

Umm... then I should start supporting these two in my next run.

Yeah, they have a paired ending where they have a Heron daughter and a Raven son.

Which shows incest isn't necessary for the survival of the herons, so... yay!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We actually have a sketch of his head from the RD art book.

And this is just me pondering things (RD spoilers):

Hide contents

Somehow he survives being in his coma during Part 4, despite there likely being nobody around to care for him. I'm assuming all Herons are by their Order-centric nature are inherently immune to Ashera's petrification judgement (all the Dragons including Almedha were- or is this just evidence of their overwhelming power?).

Then again, the only other Herons around are Lehran- who is certainly immune to Ashera's wrath. And the other three were in the building where Lehran's Medallion was stored when the judgement unfolded, and it's stated it was because of this that the Convoy Quartet survived the judgement (probably due to the building being surrounded by a strong Chaotic aura).

Maybe he was turned to stone like everyone else, and then just returned once the war was over.  It could have preserved him, like Carbonite.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

You know, now I wonder what the site might've been called in an alternate timeline where one of the other continents was the talk of the town.

...I should know the name of a Magvelian forest.

Darkling Woods?

4 hours ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne, and their irrelevant dad.

And Leanne and Naesala's daughter after the game if you get them an A support in FE10.

Edit: Also FE10 spoilers

Hide contents

Does Lehran/Sephiran count still?

I meant on this site.

@unique said that Serenesforest was like Serenes Forest in that everyone is dead except for 3 people.

So, who are the three people on this site who are not dead?

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

The other thing weighing on my mind was the website's name, which had absolutely nothing to do with Fire Emblem, since I wasn't initially planning on it to be a Fire Emblem-centric site.

Wait, so what was it called before Serenesforest?