G20 Riot

40 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

I believe in peaceful demonstrations, but this looks to be hooliganism at its finest.

Most of it is peaceful. That's why I requested a better source than the semen rag that is the sun.

It's the G20/G10/G7. Attracting mass demonstrations and even violence is nothing new.

It might be, but as for German standards it's horrifying.
It happens not really often that the German police acts as helpless as right here.

I guess the offset policemen from Berlin wouldn't have had better control about this situation.

Edited by はたの 秦 こころ

2 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I added more sources and it still doesn't look very nice there.

A few rioters are phenomenal at making the majority of the peaceful protests look like shit with them. The US has stuff like this more often and it shouldn't be a shock that it would happen. Especially when nobody likes Trump or Putin.

Here's an article from Der Spiegel about the topic. Basically, the police seems to have grossly underestimated the situation beforehand, even though (and yes, I'm aware that this is an easy statement to make after the fact) people have criticized the G20 location for this exact reason - Hamburg is known to have a considerably large militant autonomous scene.

@Lord Raven: This is speculation, of course, but I suspect that the riots wouldn't have been smaller without either Trump or Putin. The latter is actually rather popular among many German leftists, probably to a large part because of the simple logic "America bad --> Russia good". And while Trump is particularly disliked in Germany, a huge number of critics (both violent and peaceful) see the G20 as a whole as an organization of pig-capitalism (is this term a thing in English too? :D), imperialism, oppression etcetera.

16 hours ago, Ein said:

The whole situation is fucked. Antifa has to be labeled as terrorist organization and be dealt with accordingly already.

Do you ever respond to people or are you using SD as your soapbox?