Has anyone else found this game to be a little easy????

Has anyone found this game to be a little too easy???   I mean even on Hard/ Classic mode.   A couple of the maps, some of the Shrines, and Thabes Labyrinth can be a complete dick.  But most of the battles were a little too easy and didn't offer much of a challenge at all.  I had more of challenge with Awakening Hard/ Classic and even Conquest Hard/ Classic then I had with this game.

I'm not really sure since in my Hard/classic playthrough I was hammering my turnwheel on difficult maps, and even ran out of uses in Act 5. I didn't know how to replenish them, but that's still 6 or 7 uses remaining for the final battle. And three character deaths on that final map after those turn wheel uses were up. I'm not resetting as much as hard FE games, but I'm definitely failing at least as many times, if not more. The turnwheel just expedites my next try and encourages me to take more risks than I'd ever take in a different game.

Hard Mode has been a rather pleasant difficulty from beginning to end. But I'm sure that now that I know this game so well I could definitely handle a little more.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, MeddlingMage said:

Has anyone found this game to be a little too easy???   I mean even on Hard/ Classic mode.   A couple of the maps, some of the Shrines, and Thabes Labyrinth can be a complete dick.  But most of the battles were a little too easy and didn't offer much of a challenge at all.  I had more of challenge with Awakening Hard/ Classic and even Conquest Hard/ Classic then I had with this game.

You make this sound like Conquest Hard/Classic is easy, and easier than Awakening Hard/Classic.

Hard is a decent challenge- you do need to keep thinking and you can't just throw someone into a pack of enemies thinking they'll come out alive much of the time. I did do a bit of grinding to on my two runs to promote my Pegs at 20 and a bit else, so I can imagine Blitzkrieg/no grind to be a bit tougher. Though no-grind doesn't mitigate the monster that is Alm very much (he'll be in the top 5 on my Lord tier list- but not no. 1 b/c he needs the Royal Sword to really begin being awesome).

Does the game still have room for a Lunatic? Surely the difficulty could be a bit greater at times and therefore Lunatic could be good (maybe give enemies Combat Art use on Lunatic). Though I don't think we'd need to buff the occasional Arcanist/Witch fests, they're just bad design.

What is probably the hardest, yet fair single battle to me is Deen's. He is very strong, fast, and packs a good critical chance to force you to Turnwheel or keep basically anyone not Valbar away from him. His peons aren't slouches either. You have to abuse the nasty terrain to shield most of your units from him while they snipe away, and or divide and conquer by using Catria and Palla to distract and disperse his minions a bit so you can take them out easier.

Conquest Hard/Classic was really tough for me (granted, I did a no-grind run). Several maps took me 15-20 tries and the end battle saw half my team die. 

So yes, compared to that, Hard/Classic SoV has been a breeze. I did a little grinding but mainly just to bring up a few of the low level characters (i.e. Est and Delthea). I used the turnwheel sparingly and only got a game over once, early on in the game. I think the only map I had pause on was Sonya's.

I'll say that with how fucked up my level ups were from this game weird growth rates, I only really leveled up Alm, Celica, Mathilda, Saber, Mae, and Sonya. Just used them since the other units were all trash lol so I just had those 6 be really broken since they were the only ones gaining exp. Oh and Forsyth.

I'm not sure how difficult I consider this game. Since I could just use the turnwheel to undo any mistakes or bad RNG the game was in some ways relatively breezy. On the other hand I did have a fairy high number of deaths compared to the norm for me (at least on Alm's route; Celica's was easy in general)... but part of that may just that the turnwheel made me lazy and a bad player!

I found it easy on Normal while playing normally.

But when I did minimal skirmishes, I struggled a lot. Only just managed to beat the last battle today.

Hard also seems pretty hard to me. Not super Lunatic hard, but enough to keep you on your toes.

It's a crime that there's no actual Lunatic though.

Hard/Classic was definitely a fairly good difficulty for me. There was a good share of easy and frustratingly hard maps. The final battle had me using up all of my turnwheel uses and completely resetting in the end because I went about it all wrong initially.

RNG just really hated me in my playthrough and had me crying over growth rates and a metric ton of one stat level ups. I probably leveled up RES once or twice the whole game.

I did find myself invoking like 10,000 times too.

6 hours ago, Xedict said:

RNG just really hated me in my playthrough and had me crying over growth rates and a metric ton of one stat level ups. I probably leveled up RES once or twice the whole game.

This game also has fairly low growth rates compared to Awakening or Fates and most characters have below 5% RES growth, with the highest being Conrad at (I think) 8%

Edited by Utzu

Yeah...I noticed. First playthrough was a little hard just because I didn't know what the game was going to throw at me and was getting surprised by things. Second playthrough--knowing what to expect and where the nasty surprises were--no difficulty at all. And that really detracts from replay value. Game desperately needed a lunatic mode.

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Utzu said:

This game also has fairly low growth rates compared to Awakening or Fates and most characters have below 5% RES growth, with the highest being Conrad at (I think) 8%

Yup, it kept semi-faithful to Gaiden there. Guess I should be thankful that we got at least 1% growth rate versus 0% like in Gaiden.

5 hours ago, Utzu said:

most characters have below 5% RES growth, with the highest being Conrad at (I think) 8%

It's actually Emma, with a 10% Res growth.

I found Alm's route to be significantly easier than Celica's route on both normal and hard mode.

But other than that, I otherwise found the difficulty to be fair overall. Not too easy to the point I was hoping for a Lunatic mode but not to hard to the point I was considering dropping difficulty.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's actually Emma, with a 10% Res growth.

I honestly haven't checked the dlc characters but that makes sense. I just remember looking at growths when the game was being datamined and Conrad had an absurd res growth compared to the others.

As someone who only play fire emblem games on the hardest difficulty, yeah, this game was pretty easy. I feel like it would be difficult to make this game harder on a more balanced way, though. It would probably end up as Awakening's Lunatic, where everyone is an Est and the easiest way to beat it is by soloing with Robin, which takes no effort.

Edited by Nobody