[FE8] A Typical FE8 Draft

Peppy

Chapter 9B: Fort Rigwald.

Turns - 12/63

Finally got this map done and it did take some doing, I don't even think I can remember half the stuff I tried to save some turns here. The main problem on this map is the thin corridor into the castle and getting blocked by the Knights/Mercenaries and then the Cavaliers/Mages where it bends back round again. Ephraim got carried forward a bit by Gilliam and he was able to kill one of the Knights on player phase and then the two Mercenaries on enemy phase, Artur then killed a Soldier so Gilliam could get through. Gilliam took Artur's tome and he tanked Amelia's devastating attack so Franz could recruit her for those sweet, sweet speedwings. Gilliam then killed the Chest Key Mage with a OHKO from the Steel Axe and then convoyed it to switch to the Hand axe to kill the Shaman and weaken the Cavaliers, he got a very good level here which was vital to the rest of the chapter. Ephraim and Artur again cleared his way and he killed the Axereaver Knight with the Steel Lance then convoyed that to switch to the Hand Axe again to kill the Archer. He then picked up Ephraim and carried him to the throne, he had just enough Strength to OHKO the Armourslayer!Mercenenary with the Silver Lance so he didn't get blocked. Artur promoted to Bishop near the end of the map and baited the Shaman through the wall so he wouldn't block Gilliam, he got to use Mend twice here so I guess that's a start, still a long way to go to get to A Staves! Garcia pretty much just brought up the rear, taking care of enemies that were left behind in the others wake and reinforcements coming from behind. I was going to rig an Axereaver crit on Gheb so I could get the KIller Axe instead of kill him over EP/PP, Gilliam had exactly enough Strength to 4HKO him and exactly enough speed to double, but then he just did it first try and got another great level up, I think he deserved it after all the work he put in here. Over the whole map I only had to burn one RN so Artur would dodge the Knight near the door into the castle, which is pretty crazy over that length of a map. 11 turns is the fastest you could do this map with my team just by counting squares so only losing one turn from getting blocked along the way and Gilliam not being able to full move is great, still 12 turns is 12 turns... fuck this map! At least Cormag the cause of all this aggravation arrives next chapter, he better carry that's all I can say. Oh, and the Reginleif is down to 6 uses already but Ephraim reached A lances so he can use the Silver Lance now if need be.

Unit      Class         Level    HP  Atk Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level
Eirika    Lord          16.62    28  13  16  19  16  10  08  A Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/04.06 39  18  11  11  05  17  07  E Swords, D Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Fighter       13.58    34  16  12  09  06  09  03  B Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/01.23 29  16  14  14  06  06  15  B Light, C Staves
Ephraim   Lord          13.30    31  12  15  15  13  09  03  A Lances

Edited by Sturm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10B: Turning Traitor.

Turns - 5/68

For some reason I just assumed that this map had a seize gate not a kill the boss objective so I spent much longer than I needed to coming up with a strategy to kill Beran with Artur and Gilliam along with getting Ephraim in range to seize, then the map just ends when Artur kills him. Anyway, it meant that Garcia could actually reach the Hero Crest!Village and Artur got to use Mend twice instead of once, so that was better. Gilliam reached C Axes and killed Beran with the Killer Axe, Tana recruited Cormag and Seth had to come along as well to rescue one of Duessel's cavaliers who thinks it's a good idea to block the Village :facepalm:

Gilliam   Great Knight  12/05.20 40  19  11  12  05  17  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Fighter       14.32    35  17  13  10  06  09  04  A Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/01.95 29  16  14  14  06  06  15  B Light, C Staves
Ephraim   Lord          14.47    32  12  16  16  13  10  03  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Rider  09.27    30  14  09  10  04  12  02  C Lances

Edited by Sturm

Chapter 11B: Phantom Ship.

Turns - 6/74

Garcia promoted to Hero before the map mostly for the two speed, hopefully he'll be able to double some more things now. He'll probably ram his strength cap but it's not like he'll need more than 25 strength anyway. Cormag ate all my stat boosters (Angelic Robe, Secret Book, Speedwing, Dragonshield) to be honest it was definitely overkill giving him the Robe I probably should've saved it for Myrrh in case I need her to fight Lyon, oh well I'll just have to make do. I don't think there's any way you can do this map in less than six turns if you don't have multiple fliers due to the Mogalls and Gargoyles that don't move until turn five, which is obviously not going to happen in a draft, there's just no way Cormag can be in that many places at once. Cormag flew over to the monster's ship so that it moved under him on turn two and he just destroyed about 3/4 of them in one turn and got three levels or so. Ephraim and Garcia joined him once the ships connected, Garcia took out the remaining enemies at the bow of the ship while Ephraim killed some guys at the stern. Gilliam and Artur remained on the main ship, Gilliam killed the Gargoyles that come from the south and the Bosses cohort once they arrived, while Artur spammed Torch every turn. He needs every bit of staff experience he can get so having a six turn limit is not all bad. By turn five everyone was positioned to kill most of the remaining units once they charged, Cormag positioning himself to intercept any that would have gone for L'Arachel. Artur finished the boss on turn six and Gilliam took out the final two Mogalls to end the map. Cormag is ridiculous he has 18 strength after one map, I mean what the fuck. I got L'Arachel and Dozla here, Dozla's pretty much just a filler combat unit I don't really think he'll do anything other than kill a few random things in chapters 13, 15 and 17. L'Arachel I'm not really sure about starting with D Staves is rough, if she can get to rescue by chapter 19 she might be able to save a turn but I'm not too optimistic about it, she does have a horse though albeit only a six move horse so she can at least contribute to rescue-dropping.

Gilliam   Great Knight  12/05.90 40  19  11  12  05  17  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/02.54 40  19  16  12  07  11  06  C Swords, A Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/03.65 31  17  15  15  06  07  15  B Light, C Staves
Ephraim   Lord          15.73    32  13  17  16  13  10  04  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Rider  14.98    40  18  14  14  06  15  03  B Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    03.00    18  06  06  10  12  05  08  D Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/-1.00 43  16  11  09  04  11  06  B Axes

Edited by Sturm

Chapter 12B: Landing at Taizel.

Turns - 4/78

This is probably the easiest map on Ephriam's route, especially now that Cormag has gained a bunch of levels and become a killing machine. He charged to the boss killing a bunch of things on the way and gaining two levels, he capped strength so I promoted him and he killed the boss with the Killer Lance on turn 4 EP. Garcia was rescued by L'Arachel and passed to Cormag so he could drop him off to visit Ewan's Village for the Dragonshield. Unfortunately he doesn't have an Energy Ring like he does on Eirkia's route but oh well it's still useful and I guess Marisa's Shamshir might have a use, I doubt it though. Gilliam ran up the left so he could rescue Ewan and keep him out of harm's way while Ephraim and Dozla helped Artur and L'Arachel train their Staff rank, Artur hit B on the last turn. I'm actually a bit concerned about whether he can hit A staves in time, Tethys is going to have to be glued to him that's for sure. The fact she turns up so much later in Ephraim's route really makes it a lot harder to train staff rank, I don't think Sage!Artur or Lute would have any chance of making it to be honest.

Gilliam   Great Knight  12/06.04 41  19  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/03.22 40  20  17  12  08  11  06  C Swords, A Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/04.09 32  18  15  16  06  07  16  B Light, B Staves
Ephraim   Lord          16.16    33  14  18  16  13  11  04  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/02.88 46  22  18  19  06  16  04  A Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    03.36    18  06  06  10  12  05  08  D Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/01.41 43  16  11  09  04  11  06  B Axes

Edited by Sturm

I did manage to get Sage!Artur to A Staves in time on Ephraim Route in a draft once, although I promoted him in Chapter 8 to start spamming staves earlier, and even then it required doing dumb shit like rigging Joshua to get hit by an axe at 26 displayed hit so that Artur would be able to use a staff on Turn 1. You need to ask yourself if the one turn Sage in Chapter 20 over Bishop is worth it at that point.

Chapter 13B: Fluorspar's Oath.

Turns - 4/82

I expected this one to take longer but it wasn't actually that bad for a rout map. Cormag rushed for the Barrier Staff!Village so that Artur could start spamming it as soon as possible, and then took care of most of the south of the map and the Pegasus Knight reinforcements. Gilliam took care of the west while Garcia went east to meet up with Tethys who helped him take care of everything over there. Dozla and Ephaim dropped Artur over the river and then L'Arachel rescued Ephraim so Dozla could drop him off in a choke point on turn two and they took care of the middle between them. Dozla was actually quite useful here thanks to his river walking, I was going to pick Duessel over him but actually I think Dozla was probably better just because of this map. I can't think of anywhere Duessel could save any turns that Dozla or Gilliam couldn't replicate. Unfortunately Artur couldn't get any dances from Tethys here for extra staff uses, I might have to spend a Hammerne charge just for extra staff experience depending on how many turns it takes to do chapter 14 and 15. Also I really regret giving Cormag the Angelic Robe he has 48 HP and gets tinked by everything that isn't a Mage.

Gilliam   Great Knight  12/06.31 41  19  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/04.08 41  21  17  12  09  11  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/05.00 32  19  16  17  06  09  16  A Light, B Staves
Ephraim   Lord          17.81    34  15  19  16  13  11  04  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/04.61 48  23  18  20  06  18  04  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    03.36    18  06  06  10  12  05  08  D Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/01.70 43  16  11  09  04  11  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        01.40    18  01  02  12  10  05  04    

18 hours ago, Carmine Sword said:

I did manage to get Sage!Artur to A Staves in time on Ephraim Route in a draft once, although I promoted him in Chapter 8 to start spamming staves earlier, and even then it required doing dumb shit like rigging Joshua to get hit by an axe at 26 displayed hit so that Artur would be able to use a staff on Turn 1. You need to ask yourself if the one turn Sage in Chapter 20 over Bishop is worth it at that point.

That's interesting to know, yeah if you fed him more experience early and promoted him by chapter 8 I could see that being doable. I didn't think he would have any issues hitting A staves so I didn't really concern myself with trying to get him as much staff experience as possible but I kind of underestimated the difference Tethys' late join time makes in Ephraim's route I think. Also I wasn't aware that Bishop doesn't have a high enough magic cap to one turn chapter 20, that's a shame, I guess at least I don't have to be so concerned about trying to get L'Arachel to hit Rescue.

• 3 months later...

Chapter 14B: Father and Son.

Turns - 4/86

I kind of worked this map out four months ago when I stopped playing this but never got around to actually playing it, it took me a while to remember what I did. Everyone was deployed with Ephraim on the right except for Dozla and L'Arachel who were assigned to getting the Hammerne, L'Arachel used a Pure Water on turn 1 so that the Mage wouldn't attack her which meant she only had to dodge one of the Javelin!Knights at around 40 hit, other than that they just walked to the lower chest room while Dozla protected her. Ephraim's group had to be in a very precise deployment configuration, this map needed a lot of very tight movements to reach the throne on turn 4 actually. Garcia killed the Shaman and was rescued by Cormag who got Danced and Barrier'd and Cormag dropped him next to the Chest Room wall so he would kill the Shaman in there and it also meant that some of the Fighters and the Soldiers were forced to suicide on Cormag instead of Garcia so the former got a little extra experience needed to level up. Gilliam then Rescued Tethys and Ephraim dropped her forward so that she would have enough movement to reach Gilliam on turn 3 and also that Gilliam could occupy her space so he would have enough movement as well. On turn 2 Ephraim killed a Fighter that had attacked Tethys and Garcia killed the left most Knight guarding the Door, Artur Barrier'd Cormag again and then he got Danced so he could Unlock the door (Used an Unlock Staff for the WEXP). Gilliam rescued Ephraim and Canto'd up and Cormag killed the Sleep!Bishop getting a level up and hitting 24 Strength which meant he could 2HKO Vigarde with the Heavy Spear, as it happened he went all try hard and got a 4% Crit but he would have killed him without it. Turn 3 Gilliam handed Ephraim off to Cormag which he had just enough movement to do and used a Pure Water so that he would not be targeted by any Status Staves then Cormag dropped Ephraim off 10 spaces from the Throne with Cormag just in range to take on Vigarde. Tethys Danced Gilliam and he rescue dropped her with Artur so she was just behind Ephraim, unfortunately Garcia didn't have enough movement to drop her far enough so Artur didn't get to use a Staff that turn, Garcia just blocked the Myrmidon from being able to reach Tethys. On Enemy Phase Garcia got Berserk'd which was fine, he was supposed to take it for Gilliam and Cormag got Slept, the other Druid tried to Berserk Artur and missed rather unsurprisingly, I'm not sure why he didn't go for Ephaim but he didn't which meant I didn't have to rig a miss. Turn 4 Artur restored Cormag and Gilliam opened the Door so Cormag could kill Vigarde and then Ephraim got Danced to seize. Tethys really proved her worth here but also more surprisingly Gilliam's Canto was vital for being able to get Ephraim and Tethys far enough by turn 4 in order to reach the throne even with only 6 move. Artur used the Energy Ring before the map and he also used the Dragonshield at the start of the last map which I forgot to mention, I added up how much Staff Experience he's got so far and I think he needs 31 more to hit A which is 8 Barrier uses so that should be doable, assuming probably 5 turns for next map so Tethys will need to Dance him for 3 of those turns which shouldn't be a problem.

Gilliam   Great Knight  12/06.37 41  19  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/04.33 41  21  17  12  09  11  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/05.65 32  21  16  17  06  09  16  A Light, B Staves
Ephraim   Lord          18.67    35  16  20  16  14  11  04  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/06.05 49  24  19  21  06  18  05  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    04.03    19  07  07  10  13  05  09  D Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/02.02 44  16  12  09  04  11  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        01.40    18  01  02  12  10  05  04    

Chapter 15B: Scorched Sand.

Turns - 4/90

This actually ended up going better than I had expected, initially I had Cormag carry Garcia north so he could take care of Caelllach and his lackeys and then Cormag went to help Eirika but that meant that my two best units were not where most of the enemies were resulting in Gilliam being left to do most of the work in the south which was too much for him along with having to protect Tethys , L'Arachel and Knoll.  As it turned out though the Pegasus Knights don't spawn with Javelins until later on so I figured that Eirika might be able to solo the north-west meaning that Garcia could help in the south while Cormag had no trouble soloing Caellach's area which ended up working out well. Knoll promoted to Summoner before the map which meant he could double the Troubadours and his Summon ended up being useful as well.

Turn one Artur Barrier'd Gilliam and he killed the Shaman to the North and Tethys danced Artur and he Barrier'd Garcia while they formed a little wall with Gilliam, importantly they left the other two Shamans alive. Dozla, Ephraim and Knoll formed up behind them with Knoll equipping the Nosferatu so he won't be targeted and he summoned a Phantom which I placed just behind Gilliam. Cormag went north along with Tana who was carrying Colm to get the Warp Staff and Vanessa who was carrying a Shamshir and Lancereaver for Eirika started making her was across the desert, Eirika herself went east to deal with the Mercenaries. The formation I made with my units was important for a start the first Fighter killed the Phantom and this meant that one of the Shamans was forced to attack Ephraim and get killed instead of attack Dozla, he could have also attacked Garcia and not died but the Barrier boost meant he didn't. More importantly though the two Shamans being left alive meant that the cavaliers and more importantly the Rangers attacked Garm!Garcia who OHKO'd both Cavaliers as well as greatly weakening one of the Rangers that was forced to attack at one range to low health, plus it also meant Garcia was brought to low health.

Turn two Cormag continued north and killed some stuff near Caellach with the Javelin he missed some of the Fighters but he had plenty of time to finish them and Tana dropped Colm off near the Silence Staff. Gilliam full moved east equipping the Dragonspear so he could kill all the Dragonriders, Knoll finished a Fighter that Dozla had weakened while Ephraim OHKO'd one of the Rangers with the Reginleif, Dozla killed the one that Garcia had weakened with the Swordreaver and Garcia over-killed the poor Troubadour with the Garm. Eirika switched to an Iron Sword so that the Dragonrider that attacked her would not go into retreat mode and she moved to pull the one with a the Javelin close enough so that it couldn't attack her from over the cliff. On the enemy phase Gilliam killed all the Dragonriders while the Paladin and the remaining Fighter suicided on Garcia as he only had 9hp but thanks to Garm he killed them both with fairly low risk of death. The map was a lot emptier at this point and the rest of the map was more straight forward.

Turn three Ephraim killed the Mercenary and Gilliam, Garcia and Dozla killed the remaining Dragonriders with Gilliam positioning to pull the Devil Axe!Berserker, Knoll killed the other Troubadour and Artur healed up Tethys while he blocked one of the Forts so only one Cavalier could spawn. Vanessa handed the Shamshir and Lancereaver to Saleh and he in turn gave them to Eirika who ORKO'd the Berserker with the Shamshir as well as one of the Dragonriders on the Enemy Phase. Cormag switched to the Axereaver and finished off the remaining Fighters and Colm found the Silence Staff.

Turn four Eirika killed the Javelin!Dragonrider with the Shamshir while positioning herself to be in range of all the Pegasus Knights and then Saleh traded her to the Lancereaver. Colm found the Warp and then got rescued to safety by Tana and Cormag attacked Caellach with the Axereaver. Ephraim killed the one Cavalier that had spawned and Dozla killed the last Shaman that had just been left alone until this point. Gilliam killed the Eclipse!Shaman while positioning himself to kill the last two Dragonriders that hadn't moved yet. Knoll finished off the Devil Axe!Berserker and Garcia went to take on Valter. Artur Hammerned the Barrier which wasn't necessary but it meant that Tethys could dance L'Arachel instead who is now one or two points away from C while Artur hit A with one point of Weapon Experience to spare I think, totally planned from the start, Vanessa got the Swiftsoles. Caellach and Valter suicided on Cormag and Garcia and all the Pegasus Knights on Eirika. Cormag convoyed the Axereaver using the Hoplon Guard so he could equip a Javelin to kill the remaining Pegasus Knight ending the map.

Eirika    Lord          18.61    30  15  17  20  17  11  08  A Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/07.o4 42  20  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/06.17 43  22  18  13  10  12  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/06.31 32  22  16  17  06  09  16  A Light, A Staves
Ephraim   Lord          19.66    36  17  20  16  14  11  04  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/07.92 50  25  19  22  09  18  06  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    04.51    19  07  07  10  13  05  09  D Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/02.60 44  16  12  09  04  11  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        02.24    19  01  02  12  10  05  04  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/01.68 24  12  10  11  00  03  13  C Dark, E Staves

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 16B: Ruled by Madness.

Turns - 3/93

Rescue Ephraim > Dance Cormag > Warp Cormag > Drop Ephraim > End Turn > Kill Orson > Seize, or at least that's what would have happened but it turns out you need 24 Magic to Warp far enough to drop Ephraim in range to seize and my Artur only has 22 :dry:, I blame Ewan for not having an Energy Ring. I tried a bunch of things like trying to Warp Tethys to dance Ephraim or Warp him up the left first and then across on turn two but everything I did either ended up one space short or some conveniently placed enemy was blocking me, so I had to settle for the three turn. It wasn't too bad though in the end as Myrhh was able to get quite a few levels by killing the Valkyrie and two of the Ranger reinforcements which give her basically an entire level each as well as a Fighter and a Myrmidon and it also allowed me to get the Purge from the Sage reinforcement though that cost me two extra Warp uses but I think I have more than enough to last to the end of the game and the Purge might save a turn in Chapter 17.

Eirika    Great Lord    18/1.00  34  17  19  21  17  14  13  S Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/07.10 42  20  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, A Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/06.53 43  22  18  13  10  12  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/07.67 32  23  16  18  07  09  17  A Light, A Staves
Ephraim   Great Lord    19/1.00  40  19  23  18  14  13  09  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/09.25 52  25  19  24  09  19  06  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    04.80    19  07  07  10  13  05  09  C Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/02.93 44  16  12  09  04  11  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        02.54    19  01  02  12  10  05  04  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/01.91 24  12  10  11  00  03  13  C Dark, E Staves
Myrhh     Manakete      06.06    20  20  18  10  04  24  30  ---  

Chapter 17: River of Regrets.

Turns - 1/94

Gilliam broke the Snag hitting S Lances and Tethys danced Myrrh so she could go North and get some experience. Garcia, Dozla and Phantom #3 dropped Eirika over the river and she killed the Heroes for some experience and to get the Brave Axe for Dozla. Artur Warped Cormag to kill Lyon and L'Arachel Hammerned the Warp.

Eirika    Great Lord    18/02.57 35  17  20  22  18  15  14  S Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/07.10 42  20  11  13  05  18  07  E Swords, C Axes, S Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/06.53 43  22  18  13  10  12  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/08.09 32  24  16  19  07  09  18  A Light, A Staves
Ephraim   Great Lord    19/01.00 40  19  23  18  14  13  09  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/10.71 53  25  19  25  09  20  06  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    05.20    19  08  08  10  14  05  09  C Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/02.93 44  16  12  09  04  11  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        02.64    19  01  02  12  10  05  04  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/02.01 24  13  10  11  00  03  13  C Dark, E Staves
Myrrh     Manakete      09.35    24  23  21  10  04  28  32  ---  

• 3 months later...

All right, I finally summoned the willpower to play Chapter 18 and hopefully finish this.

Chapter 18: Two Faces of Evil.

Turns - 5/99.

I tried to see if I could come up with a four turn strategy for this but even with Knoll's Phantom providing an extra unit, L'Arachel's inability to contribute to routing meant that I just a tad short of having enough units necessary to kill all the eggs in time so I had to settle for a five turn. L'Arachel Barrier'd Cormag and he rescued Myrrh, got Danced and Artur Warped them up to the top. Ephraim rescued Garcia and Dozla rescued Gilliam while Eirika killed the nearest Egg and Knoll summoned a Phantom to kill the one on the Cliff. Turn two Artur Warped Dozla to the southeast and got Danced to Warp Ephraim over to the east. Knoll and Phantom killed the two Eggs blocking the path, Cormag killed the Gorgon boss and Myrhh killed the Shadowshot Gorgon, by the end of the enemy phase all the non-Egg initial enemies were dead except for one Gorgon, and two Gargoyles. Turn three Ephraim, Myrhh and Cormag started to kill the Eggs in the north/northeast, Dozla equipped the Brave Axe so he could ORKO one of the reinforcement Baels and killed another Egg in the south and Gilliam killed the Gargoyle and Garcia started killing the Eggs in the east. Artur Warped Eirika up to start clearing out Eggs in the northwest and L'Arachel Hammerned the Warp breaking the Hammerne, Knoll killed the remaining Gargoyle, Tethys Danced L'Arachel to spam Barrier after this point, Enemy Phase the Bael reinforcements suicided on Myrhh. Turn four and five was just clearing out Eggs, Artur used two Purge uses to help clear out the northwest which saved having to use another Warp to send Knoll up to help out and the final two Bael reinforcements killed themselves to Garm!Garcia on turn five Enemy Phase.

Eirika    Great Lord    18/04.57 36  19  21  24  19  16  16  S Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/08.23 42  20  12  13  05  18  07  E Swords, B Axes, S Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/08.15 44  24  19  13  11  13  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/10.77 33  25  17  20  07  10  19  A Light, A Staves
Ephraim   Great Lord    19/02.30 41  20  24  19  14  13  09  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/12.97 55  25  20  26  11  21  07  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    06.79    19  08  09  10  15  05  10  C Staves
Dozla     Berserker     --/03.75 45  16  13  09  05  12  06  B Axes
Tetyhs    Dancer        03.14    20  02  02  12  11  05  05  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/03.74 25  14  10  12  00  03  13  B Dark, E Staves
Myrrh     Manakete      14.36    30  28  26  14  07  35  33  ---  

Chapter 19: Last Hope.

Turns - 1/100.

Riev is kind of tanky for a member of the Clergy but Garm is kind of ridiculous and Garcia is no slouch either so he had no problem ORKOing him after L'Arachel lit the way and Artur Warped him over. Dozla and Cormag dropped Eirika forward a bit so she could kill a couple of things in the North and Myrrh killed a General as well, didn't bother with any treasure not that I could even get it anyway because Tethys had to refresh Garcia so he could walk up to Riev.

Eirika    Great Lord    18/04.87 36  19  21  24  19  16  16  S Swords
Gilliam   Great Knight  12/08.23 42  20  12  13  05  18  07  E Swords, B Axes, S Lances
Garcia    Hero          14/08.92 44  24  19  13  11  13  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/11.19 33  25  18  20  08  10  20  A Light, A Staves
Ephraim   Great Lord    19/02.30 41  20  24  19  14  13  09  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/12.97 55  25  20  26  11  21  07  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    06.94    19  08  09  10  15  05  10  C Staves
Tetyhs    Dancer        03.24    20  02  02  12  11  05  05  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/03.74 25  14  10  12  00  03  13  B Dark, E Staves
Myrrh     Manakete      15.24    31  29  27  15  07  35  34  ---

Chapter 20: Darkling Woods.

Turns - 2/102.

Cormag rescued Ephraim got Danced and Artur Warped him near the Gate and he dropped Ephraim and then canto'd above Riev so all the Wights suicided on him instead of blocking the route to the Gate, Artur hit S Staves. L'Arachel used Barrier and got to B Staves and Myrrh flew over the mountain to kill a few Wights. Turn two Artur used the Latona to heal Cormag and he chipped Morva twice with a Javelin, L'Arachel Rescued Myrrh back over the mountain and Artur got Danced and Warped her over to finish Morva. Eirika also killed a Wight for another level so she had 25 Speed to double Formortiis not that that's really needed seeing as I trained Myrrh but whatever. 

Eirika    Great Lord    18/05.14 37  20  21  25  20  16  16  S Swords
Garcia    Hero          14/09.05 45  24  19  13  12  13  06  C Swords, S Axes
Artur     Bishop        12/12.08 33  25  18  21  08  10  20  A Light, S Staves
Ephraim   Great Lord    19/02.86 41  20  24  19  14  13  09  A Lances
Cormag    Wyvern Knight 16/13.58 56  25  20  27  12  21  08  S Lances
L'Arachel Troubadour    07.51    20  09  10  10  16  05  10  B Staves
Tetyhs    Dancer        03.24    20  02  02  12  11  05  05  ---
Knoll     Summoner      10/03.89 25  14  10  12  00  03  13  B Dark, E Staves
Myrrh     Manakete      18.55    34  32  30  17  08  35  35  ---

Endgame: Sacred Stone .

Turns - 2/104.

L'Arachel Barrier'd Myrrh and Artur Warped her forward a bit and then got Danced and Warped her next to Lyon, breaking the Warp. Myrrh attacked Lyon and Ephraim, Eirika and Cormag killed a few things on Enemy Phase before Lyon attacked Myrrh and she killed him on the counter.

Eirika attacked Formortiis with Sieglinde for 2 x 21 Damage then L'Arachel rescued Myrrh and she attacked for 44 and then Artur Rescued Tethys to Dance Myrrh and finish him off. Very stronk and powerful final boss.

Unit Reviews:

JmXP1sD.png

Battles: 81, Wins: 55. I think Bishop!Artur is definitely the preferred Warper for Ephraim's route given the lesser opportunity to spam Staves and Tethys' later join time compared to Eirika's route. Although it costs a turn in 'Darkling Woods' due to the lower magic cap, something I didn't know at the time, giving Artur more experience early so he could promote quicker would have meant taking away experience from my other early units that would probably have cost turns elsewhere anyway. Decent at combat when it was needed but obviously not enough durability to see a lot of combat, but he can fight when he needs to.

hftFknK.png

Battles: 139, Wins: 114. Nice unit intelligent Systems, really balanced. Yeah, Cormag is a unit, he pretty much single-handedly redeems Ephraim's route, it's still probably worse than Eirka's but without this guy it would be a much bigger difference. There was absolutely zero reason to give him the Angelic Robe but no-one else needed it in the end, although Eirika would have liked it for Morva if I hadn't trained Myrrh, so it wasn't a big loss. Basically just eat all stat boosters and solo half of Phantom Ship and then he was easily my best unit for the rest of the game, pretty much no enemies could even touch him and then Vidofnir gives him General level defence as if he needs more of it, lol.

f4jKpxr.png

Battles: 30, Wins: 18. I was going to pick Duessel but I'm actually glad I ended up with Dozla as he was useful in 'Flourspar's Oath' thanks to his water walking. The rest of the game he was just a backup combat unit killing the odd thing here and there, ORKO'ing a Bael with the Brave Axe was probably the greatest thing he did after that point. Duessel obviously beats him in pretty much every way but he was good enough to do his job and Duessel would just be overkill really.

X2nYPyx.png

Battles: 96, Wins: 61. Carried most of the early game up until 'Waterside Renvall' after which Gilliam promoted and then she left. She soloed her part of 'Scorched Sand' which almost certainly saved turns there and then pretty solid for the rest of the game with Sieglinde. Swordlock really doesn't hurt her much I don't think at least in early and late game not so sure about if you take her route.

ZSdxtOb.png

Battles: 87, Wins: 66. Ephraim is, well Ephraim I guess, it's pretty hard for him to not be good. He was quite useful in 'Fort Rigwald' as he could ORKO the Mercenaries and also doing most of the fighting in the centre on 'Flourspar's Oath' but he lacked the durability to front-line on maps like 'Scorched Sand', he could more or less always be relied on to do what he needed to do.

fklPcZf.png

Battles: 120, Wins: 77. Garcia is just a solid combat unit from start to finish really, especially without Franz or Vanessa. His best performances were probably in 'Ancient Horrors' and then in 'Scorched Sand'. Garcia is probably slightly better on Ephraim's route because he can use Garm in the Desert greatly boosting his performance there and of course it's great for killing some late enemies, most notably Riev, and fixing his speed which is really his only weakness.

JkZKNfm.png

Battles: 125, Wins: 78. He helped out a bit with routing in the early game and the occasional rescue-drop, but definitely playing support for Eirika and Garcia. After he promoted though he came into his own and definitely carried the team from that point until Cormag joined and took the reigns. He had a few moments later where his Canto was needed most notably in 'Father and Son' to save some turns. He was also very useful in Scorched Sand thanks to his durability allowing him to take out a bunch of Wyverns there and generally take the brunt of the enemies attack something Ephraim wouldn't be able to withstand.

ZfL5avy.png

Battles: 8, Wins: 7. I drafted him to help out in 'Two Faces of Evil' with his Phantom and they did a nice job there, having an extra unit was nice for being able to compensate for L'Arachel's lack of ability to attack, I'm not sure if it really saved a turn but it did make it easier for sure and he helped out a bit in 'Scorched Sand' as well. Plus the Phantom allowed me to drop Eirika over the River to get the Brave Axe which was nice I guess.

Dyjl6ub.png

Battles: 2, Wins: 0. If she started with C Staves even I think she'd be a lot more useful. She helped a bit with reliability by providing some healing in 'Scorched Sand' and I think she helped a bit with some rescuing, at least she has a Horse. She hit rescue for the last few maps which was nice I guess but could have been worked around if she hadn't, I guess she Barrier'd Cormag so he wouldn't get Stoned and then Myrrh so she could take two hits from Lyon that was probably her best contributions.

DAhlk3T.png

Battles: 34, Wins: 24. I probably wouldn't have trained Myrrh if Artur had had the Magic to two turn 'Ruled by Madness' as she can be useful in 'Two Faces of Evil' even at base, but having her trained up was actually pretty nice for late game as Eirika couldn't take a hit from Morva and Lyon especially is very durable and hits like a truck. Myrrh is basically the only person who could dream of taking two hits from him without a heal and Artur used both his actions to Warp. She can pretty easily hold her own and become very strong quickly unlike Fae or some other units of that type who struggle a lot more. Flying movement is also nice for a few things as well.

gXKik4P.png

Battles: 4, Wins: 0. She danced stuff, even though she turns up later than on Eirika's route she's still irreplaceable and even more so for helping Artur to hit Warp on time.

Final Turn Count: 104 Turns.

Edited by Sturm